[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What gives an anime 'rewatchability'? Is it the setting?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3

What gives an anime 'rewatchability'?

Is it the setting? The characters? The storyline?
>>
The soundtrack.
>>
For me, character driven stuff tend to be a lot more rewatchable, bonus points if its atmosphere heavy.

Plot driven stuff bores me on a rewatch since I already know what's going to happen.
>>
>>146824399
OP here, I can definitely agree with this.

I also feel like shows with 'independent' episodes or ones that aren't part of an overarching plot are more rewatchable because you don't have to get as invested in the show every time. Like School Rumble for instance, you don't have to watch from the very start to jump into an episode.
>>
>>146824167
I re-watch an anime for it's fights choreography, it's comedy or sometime just to feel nostalgic about it.
>>
If I really enjoy a cast of characters I like going back and seeing them again
>>
File: image.jpg (140KB, 1920x1200px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
140KB, 1920x1200px
All of it OP. Watch S&W every year. S1 in the Fall, S2 in the Winter. It's like wine it gets better every year.
>>
BD batch release
Time
>>
>>146824167
The misunderstandings.
>>
Time.
>>
>>146824167
For me, it's if it can hold my attention while I'm drunk. Bebop, PSG, Hellsing Ultimate, Nichijou, etc.
>>
>>146825072
I just finished S1 for the first time like an hour ago, I'm fighting the urge to start S2 right away. I can already tell it's gonna leave a void once it's over, dunno if I wanna do that to myself right now.
>>
>>146824167
Mystery anime series have zero rewatchability since you already know what's going to happen after you watched it the first time.
>>
>>146825701
Not true. Just give it 10 years pause. I rewatched first seasons of Detective Conan. And Conan movies are quite rewatchable.
>>
>>146825782
At that point the rotational velocity of your harddrive would have destroyed the anime
>>
>>146824167

Sum of parts. The only anime I rewatch is kara no kyoukai and I watch it at least once a year. If an anime is truly good, you'll notice lots of new things when you rewatch it.
>>
Anime rewatched regularly:
Haruhi
Toradora
Hyouka
Welcome to NHK
Baccano
Oni-chichi
>>
File: 1461933107891.jpg (157KB, 687x710px) Image search: [Google]
1461933107891.jpg
157KB, 687x710px
>>146824167
The girls.
>>
>>146824167
A combination of all three is nice but all in all it's probably the atmosphere. I find it a hell of a lot harder to watch heavy and edgy anime more than light or comedic anime. It's like if I could compare Fate/Zero and Haruhi, I'd always pick the latter to rewatch because of the atmosphere and the weird hijinks that happen in the series rather than the heavy, bleak and edgy atmosphere that Fate/Zero almost always has.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.