[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What the fuck did I just watch?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 2

File: image.jpg (31KB, 210x300px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
31KB, 210x300px
No really, what the fuck did I just watch?
>>
Like, where did Nono go?

How did Lalc know when Noriko was coming back?

Why did they spell the welcome back wrong?
>>
>>146776343
Beyond time.

Everyone knew even they were coming back.
>>
>>146776343
Why was the horn in Dix Neuf?

Why was the old buster machine clothes in the cockpit of Dix Neuf?

Why was there a dedicated clothes removal button on lalc's suit?

What did absorbing the "degeneracy generator" accomplish?
>>
>>146776566
When*
>>
>>146776566
But what do you mean by this?

I'll take that Nono goes to another plane of existance because "something something black hole"

But how in the fuck did ANYONE know Noriko and Onee-sama were coming back?
>>
>>146776570
Because it was.

Because the machine is that old.

Makes sense to me.

I don't remember this part.
>>
>>146776665
We just had a thread about that. Estimation, a satellite detecting them, whatever, it's not inconceivable and that's not even the point.
>>
>>146776665
Also what exactly was the biological buster machines made out of?

What happened to time dilation?
>>
>>146776821
You mean Nono? No idea; spiral energy?
>>
>>146776761
They didn't know of their existance (history was lost from that time as evidenced by us fighting our own defenses), and randomly picking up an object in sapce doesn't mean you assume it's a 10,000 year old buster machine pilot and write welcome home on an entire planet (spelled wrong, by the way, even though japan is explicitly mentioned as still existing)
>>
>>146776990
They clearly do, though. Hence 'welcome back.' You're looking at this completely backwards.
>>
>>146776859
No I mean all the later models, they had internal guts. What exactly is that?

The show wasn't terrible, in fact it had a lot of interesting ideas.

But man do they just expect you to go along with shit.
>>
>>146776166
FLCL 2.0
>>
>>146777078
Oh, yeah. Artificial flesh, I guess. You know, moo.

Here's the thing. The plausibility of the show does not hinge on the mechanisms of the technology used within it. Is it internally plausible? Then it makes sense. Even if none of the technology is ever explained.
>>
>>146776166
GROOOOOOOOOOOOVING MAGIC
>>
>>146777231
AH AH AH AHHHH
>>
>>146777068
You are coming from the perspective that the writers can do no wrong.

They EXPLICITLY make clear that we don't remember who the real enemy is, and there are millennia of lost technology that we have removed ourselves from.

Should the priority for humanity really be to remember two buster machine pilots from 10,000 years ago? And if they did why didn't anybody recognize Nono's story?

It just doesn't add up, as much as i'd love it to (I love Gunbuster)
>>
>>146777282
All that it means is that there are some things they do remember. Hell, Nono is always talking about Noriko.

If the have a welcome back sign, the explicit and inherent implication is that they know when they're coming back. Why? Doesn't matter. That has zero impact on the plot.

The entire point of the scene (from Noriko's perspective) is the suspense about whether the plan worked or not.
>>
>>146777112
Fucking no, it looked similar otherwise it's a completely different animal.

>>146777231
Fun song even if I miss the hotblood

>>146777195
These are just the minor nitpicks, but so many things left unexplained just leaves the viewer annoyed. The worst offense is the ending, the bow left to tie this to Gunbuster. If they got that clear I would have accepted any weirdness because imagining Noriko and Onee-sama seeing the almost alien humanity of Diebuster would be interesting.

But they drop the fucking ball.
>>
>>146777480
It's like 12,000 years into the future. Their technology is practically groovin' magic. The entire art style reflects this.

I had absolutely none of these questions when I watched it, because none of that matters.
>>
>>146777447
Nono is an ancient piece of machinery (from their perspective) that doesn't even remember her very well.

Also I was under the impression from the ending that they didn't have a "dedicated sign", that it was just the city lights rigged up a certain way.

It still works from Noriko's perspective but I could have used a scene or a line of dialogue that implied SOMEBODY knew when she would be back (because it was literally just "we have a lights festival, I can't wait to tell Noriko about Nono" the end
>>
>>146777480
It's literally FLCL + Utena + Gurren Lagann.
>>
>>146776570
The generator was the original power source which after he got his ass whooped in battle he lost
>>
>>146777685
>"Doesn't the Earth have a lot of festivities going on today for the Star Festival?"
>the Star Festival
I don't know what this could mean OTHER than that Noriko's return was expected.
>>
>>146776821
>What happened to time dilation?
What do you mean by that? What's supposed to have happened to it?
>>
>>146776343
>Like, where did Nono go?
Degenerated into the singularity to kill the space kaijuu

>How did Lalc know when Noriko was coming back?
Because the Diebuster corps/red galaxy is now gone, humanity's telescopes and long range telemetry were no longer blocked from looking far beyond our own galaxy. A year before their arrival, Pluto observatories saw Gunbuster coming back home

>Why did they spell the welcome back wrong?
Because language evolves through time. Yesteryear's lol is yesterday's lel and today's kek.

>>146776566
>Everyone knew even they were coming back.
nobody knew if Gunbuster and its pilots were coming back. hell, Noriko and her onee-sama weren't sure if they were coming back, and if they do, when they would be able to come back. that's perhaps why the buster machines in the single digits were sort of mythical/legendary - they don't tend to come back even after accomplishing their tasks, gunbuster (buster machines 1 and 2), the black hole bomb (buster machine 3), and buster machine 7 (Nono) all never came back, or never came back within thousands of years since they were sent out
>>
>>146777841
When was this battle and why was it in the Space Monster?

Also, if Dix Neuf is Buster Machine 19, and has the clothes in it's head from the original spaace pilots, than that would mean either

A. Nono (who is number 7) was built relatively shortly after most of Gunbuster. Which is hilarious because she is so far out of the relm of technological possibility of humanity then

B. The Buster machine clothes/interface was never changed for enough time to pop out at least 19 buster machines (including one that can literally split a black hole) which is also hilarious. That interface system was SO PERFECT that in all that technical innovation you keep it?
>>
>>146777897
>a festival
>held only once ever for an event that we've been waiting 12,000 years for
>but it's a festival!
>oh and it's named after stars, not even related to humanity or Noriko or buster machines or anything close to what it is supposed to represent!

Seems weird, do they do the welcome home every single year for 12,000 years? How do they know she'll be back on the right day?

>>146777963
How was it not a thing when people moved from planet to planet (Nono going to pluto while Lalc stayed behind)?

>>146778116
>pluto observatories saw them arriving

Did I miss this scene? If so my mistake?
Also how did they know what it was? How did the know they were alive? How did they survive a year floating in space?
>>
>>146778449
>Did I miss this scene? If so my mistake?
last episode, after the battle. Lal'c was chatting with her friend over the phone and said something about tanabata and that they're coming home based on some pluto stuff
>>
>>146778124
The "space monster" was one of the robots robots that were part of Nono/under her control. They're as old as her, hence they contain a degeneracy generator just like Nono, Dix Neuf, and all other buster machines at the time. So Dix Neuf just reached out and replaced the one he lost at an unknown time, to an unknown enemy.

And there seems to be a huge inconsistency in what people call a "buster machine". It's not impossible for them to have built Nono while normal (like Dix Neuf) machines were in production, but I can see your point.
>>
>>146777282
They were humanity's savior at the very least they'd be remembered as new Jesus.
>>
>>146778634
They say that a Hawaii observatory confirmed they are coming

A little asspully that the knew immediately what it was and prepared the lightshow, but this single line does help.

>>146778882
Ok makes sense

>>146778927
I guess, they just didn't make that clear at all in the series
>>
File: 1391053519140.jpg (2MB, 3337x2142px) Image search: [Google]
1391053519140.jpg
2MB, 3337x2142px
Diebuster >= Gunbuster
>>
>>146779216
>Hawaii observatory
My bad, got it wrong then. Still, only at that time did they know Gunbuster was coming home. Perhaps Hawaii recognized them because Buster Machine #7 couldn't stop talking about them. I don't exactly remember, but I think it was mentioned that it was #7's role to look out for those two legendary pilots, but for some reason, her memory got corrupted and #7 could only recall the name "Nonoririko".
>>
>>146779216
They literally saved all of humanity in gunbuster. Between the plan to evacuate earth and the size of the alien army/the purpose of the army they saved the entire universe. The entire purpose of their mission was to save humanity and they showed that in every way possible.
>>
>>146779701
None of that was explicitly stated, it's all conjecture.

>>146780013
TWELVE THOUSAND YEARS
Thread posts: 37
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.