[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

You do support the physical anime industry, don't you anon?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 541
Thread images: 107

File: 12-30-13_allanime.jpg (303KB, 1600x728px) Image search: [Google]
12-30-13_allanime.jpg
303KB, 1600x728px
You do support the physical anime industry, don't you anon?
>>
Nope.
>>
I buy a physical copy of about 1 in 50 of the shows I watch
>>
I buy Gunpla, and I own the entire origin collection. I'll probably import the SamFlam BDs once I get back from the third world country I'm going to have to stay in. Probably Concrete Revolutio too.
>>
File: kek.jpg (77KB, 720x338px) Image search: [Google]
kek.jpg
77KB, 720x338px
>>146764998
>dub
>>
>>146764998
>spending money
What a sucker
>>
>>146765105
I specified physical not digital.
>>
>he thinks buying localized shit supports the anime industry

but i do
>>
File: 1433704792137.gif (489KB, 488x275px) Image search: [Google]
1433704792137.gif
489KB, 488x275px
>>146765105
>Crunchyroll
>Supporting the industry
>>
>>146764998
Yeah, I buy every volume of Naruto, Bleach and One Piece and I make sure to buy all the latest BD dubs of my favorite anime series like Sailor Moon and Cowboy Bebop.

If you aren't buying dubs or paying for Crunchyroll, you are literally killing anime.
>>
>>146764998
>all those shit shows
>fucking R1 releases
You do make me laugh, anon.
I remember downloading a Blood+ DVD-rip that had what I assume are the official dubtitles ?
It was literally unwatchable and I had to look for
old fansub releases to even watch the show. Why would people want to support such an industry ?
>>
I would if the BD prices weren't fucking absurd.
>>
File: anime collection.png (958KB, 977x548px)
anime collection.png
958KB, 977x548px
Yeah, I do
>>
Nah, I spend all my money on anime character-shaped plastic instead.
>>
>>146765163
100% piratefag here. I live in Europe, so it doesn't concern me anyway because >lol, regioncucked,
but why would paying for a Crunchyroll subscription not count as support for the industry in your eyes ?
>>
>>146764998
If the industry had respect for me as a consumer they wouldn't artificially inflate shipping and packaging price in an attempt to rip off Western weebs. Clearly they don't have respect for me so I'm not going to humour them with my patronage. The only time I'd buy anime merchandise (buying physical media in this day and age is just stupid so I mean figures and shit) is if I actually went to Japan but I've heard it's a shithole and way too expensive. So no I don't support the industry, anon.
>>
I got Lain for Christmas. It was only in local languages and the text was big and pixely, but the worst, episode 11 was heavily censored. Almost half was cut, all the conspiracy theories removed.

Also got some K-On for Christmas. The menu system didn't work, the text was ugly yellow, and the subs were weeaboostyle, inferior to most recent fansubs.

So buying anime seems to be a bad idea, what you get is inferior to when you pirate. It's also expensive, which may be the biggest reason compared to free piracy. But my bad experiences limit my want to wish any more for Christmas.

Also went to the library for some anime, but I couldn't get the DVDs to play.
>>
>>146765367
Yer probably getting a bootlegged copy
>>
>>146765260
Where'd you order the Bakemono box set? I wanna get one
>>
>>146765325
You're an idiot.
Go ask the buyfag thread how much they usually pay for shipping some BDs.
>>
>>146764998
Blogging about movies you've never even opened
>>
>>146765266
>>146765325
Buying plastic figurines is not equal to buying anime. Buying anime encourages production of good anime, regardless of content. Buying figurines only encourages commity written anime with as many, as cliche waifu-bait characters as possible. Pretty much none of the classics could have been made in the business model you support by opting for figurines instead of discs.
>>
>>146765493
Explain Gendum then
>>
>>146765319
>>146765105
Crunchyroll is more of a hindrance to the industry.

Crunchyroll basically spits on the foundation of Western anime consumption. 10-20 years ago there was no alternative, we had to pirate shows otherwise we didn't watch them. Japan didn't give enough of a shit about us to properly import stuff, so we had to resort to bootlegging and early illegal downloads. All of a sudden the industry realised what we were doing because there began amassing a large vocal community in the West in the form of conventions, clubs and more imports of figures and other merchandise. Suddenly this whole new market was opened for them and they didn't even have to do shit. Crunchyroll and all of these "legitimate" streaming platforms saw this, and are now attempting to create a monopoly on the industry in the West. Crunchyroll gets shows early to manually sub or get sent subs directly from the studios/licencors which basically nullifies fansubs, the thing on which the fanbase in the West was built. This is even beyond the fact that Crunchyroll was found directly ripping subs from fansubbing websites and putting it behind a pay-wall on their website. Crunchyroll is the shiteating middleman trying to stop you from enjoying the anime you want, they're like car salesmen but in a world where you can't buy a car used. They're a cancer that will eventually kill the industry due to disinterest from the West.
>>
>>146765408
from Rightstuf
>>
>>146764998
No but I will buy BD's when I learn japanese. Might buy a japanese BD with subs before that also.
>>
>>146765367
That seems to be an extreme case, but generally speaking, if you're buying an official localization, you're getting a product inferior to fansubs.
I'd say it's been this way for like 15+ years too. Honestly, I can't even fathom how anyone could buy official localized releases.

>>146765397
I dunno about that. I don't think the anon you replied to is from an english-speaking country.
I've seen shit in official releases that you think wouldn't fly even in a bootleg.
The industry's been shit forever.
>>
>>146765105
There are really few shows on crunchyroll outside of the current season
>>
File: autismkorn.jpg (40KB, 470x747px)
autismkorn.jpg
40KB, 470x747px
>>146765493
Holy shit my man, just enjoy anime. It's not important.
>>
>>146765493
> Buying anime encourages production of good anime, regardless of content
But what if I buy shitty anime?

> Buying figurines only encourages commity written anime with as many, as cliche waifu-bait characters as possible
But what if I buy figurines of Captain Harlock?
>>
>>146765493
Anime and plastic figurines has always been tied together
>>
>>146765493
> Pretty much none of the classics could have been made in the business model you support by opting for figurines instead of discs.
Except, you know, all the mecha that were primarily made on that exact model. And most of the other classics still weren't made on the home-media media primarily, because VHS sales were fucking miniscule and they supported themselves through ratings and merchandising and source material sales.
>>
>>146765325
>If the industry had respect for me as a consumer they wouldn't artificially inflate shipping and packaging price in an attempt to rip off Western weebs.
>only animey industry is ripping me off on shipping and packaging costs!
>10 € priority shipping for BD
>how dare thee!

>>146765319
>middleman
>monopoly
>Do not pass Go. Do not collect $200
>>
>>146764998
No, and that anime industry has made it abundantly clear that they don't want my support.
>>
>>146765493
> Pretty much none of the classics could have been made in the business model you support by opting for figurines instead of discs.
What sort of bizarre idea of the industry's history do you have?
>>
>>146765105
This for poorfags.

Reminder that the higher the view count a show gets the more money goes back to its studio.
>>
>>146764998
Why would you support an industry that has contempt for its western consumers, has subs that are less accurate than most fansubs (Commie and a few others obviously excluded), sells upscales that are worse than Coalgirls and consistently tries to sell you shitty dubs where the voice actors don't even seem to understand what is happening in the scenes they're voicing?
>>
>>146765924
Congratulations, you're fucking retarded.
>>
>>146765924
Kill yourself, you retarded newfag.
>>
>>146765963
Not him, but name these fucking shows. I'm 99.9% certain I can find them within 30 seconds.
>>
>>146765963
You fucking find the torrent. There is nothing crunchyroll has that's not available.
>>
File: 1430906276919.jpg (41KB, 447x400px)
1430906276919.jpg
41KB, 447x400px
>>146765924
>he doesn't have an AB account
>>
File: CqbqpMKWcAMFDQw.jpg (247KB, 900x1200px) Image search: [Google]
CqbqpMKWcAMFDQw.jpg
247KB, 900x1200px
>>146764998
yes
>>
>>146765963
>Well what else am I supposed to do?
Ending yourself.
>>
>>146765963
What shows couldn't you find? I'm sure if you type the name and bakabt you'd find it before your fucking video buffers faggot.
>>
>>146765963
phoneposters should be instabanned
>>
>>146765924
>I couldn't find any torrents
You're a fucking retarded faggot.
Any of the shit they have on Crunchyroll can be found elsewhere. You must be torrenting your anime off TPB.

>>146765906
The amount of money that goes back to the studio is negligible compared to the money that the shows make in Japan. You aren't helping anyone except the shitty NA dub industry by paying for Crunchyroll.

Someone I knew gave me a Crunchyroll pass, so I decided I would try it, and they don't even have both subs and dubs for the same show. Any show that has a dub, they'll prioritize a dub. Do you know why this is?

It's because they know their audience. They know their audience loves dubbed anime and loves paying for shit.
>>
>>146765963
You can't use an excuse for not using torrents if you only have a phone either, there are ways to torrent on both android and iOS. I bet you didn't even check nyaa
>>
>>146765924
You're retarded, meow
>>
>>146765963
Come on anon, we're all waiting for you to show how retarded you are, which shows "couldn't you find"
>>
>>146764998
I wish I could, no job=gotta keep pirating. I'll pay for them later though. Regardless of if I liked a show or not.
>>
>>146765599
Yeah, that has been my impression too.
As someone who grew up on fansubs and piracy I hate how they act all high and mighty and flip a shit
every time some illegal streaming site or fansub pops up. Fact: If it wasn't for us "pirates", they wouldn't even be around today.
I also hate how anime as a hobby and culture has been commercialized.
Back in the day it was all just fans bringing the hottest shit to the west for free out of pure enthusiasm. Compared to that, the current model feels really cynical.

But I watch CR-rips sometimes (HorribleSubs), so I would be lying if I said that it isn't at least watchable.
And as long as the creators are given a fair share of CR's revenue (I have no idea if this is actually the case), I am ok with CR being around.
It feels cynical to have what are basically monetized fansubs around, but they're certainly a lesser evil than the publishers of old, like ADV, Funimation and such.
>>
>>146765963
>image.jpg
Sasuga Crunchyroll.
>>
>>146766066
>Regardless of if I liked a show or not.
Why?

Though I'm right there with your about no job
>>
>>146766038
> The amount of money that goes back to the studio is negligible

Source ? Figures ?
>>
>>146766108
Confirmed troll. There are batches with seeders on fucking nyaa.
>>
>>146766108
Kill yourself. This is not a meme.
>>
>>146766108
>Does not use AB.
>>
>>146766108
what sound does cats in japan make, anon?
>>
>>146766132
>AB
Nigger, it's on both nyaa and BBT, not to mention the subbers' sites.
>>
>>146766081
I figured, well, if I didn't really like a show but finished it I suppose the earned their money from their work and should get *something* out of it. If it's a bad show (sloppy animation, bad writing, a series to just exist and fill a slot basically) I would've probably dropped it and I won't pay for that. Not much of a good reason but, I like supporting the industries that produce what keeps me entertained usually.
>>
>>146766147
Not that anon, but is there any way to search for bbt torrent without having to register?

>>146766176
Good point
>>
>>146764998
I bet the whole shelf is worth less than one of my R2J box sets.
>>
>>146766197
It's called Google, you nigger.
>>
I would buy far more than I do if I could afford it. I've only been able to but all of NGE, EoE and the Rebuilds, Jojos, and Bebop. Its rough being a weeb and a poorfag
>>
>>146766125
You don't need a source. They wouldn't have to hide the exact percentage of the revenue that goes back to the companies in Japan if it was actually a good amount.

Just about all of the money that the Japanese anime industry gets from Crunchyroll is in the original purchase of the shows. Crunchyroll has gone out of their way to hide the exact percentage of their revenue that goes to industry exactly because they know that if a real number gets out, nobody will support their shitty scheme.

You only need to look at their business model to know that they don't have any morals, they steal fansubs from fansubbers and they claim them as their own, and that's just the tip of the iceberg.
>>
>>146766219
I'm probably retarded, thanks anon
>>
>>146765100
I can't believe they're going through with dubbing Gintama.
>>
>>146766239
>>146766069
If Crunchyroll really is that useless, then why did Kadokawa bother to partner with them?
>>
>>146766282
Because they're the only source of western anime that your average reddit poster will use. What is popular is accepted and endorsed, regardless of their exact policies.
>>
>>146766230
That's literally the first things I'm gonna get
You buy from Amazon?
>>
>>146766143
purrrrrrr
>>
>>146766411
Lurk more.
>>
>>146766239
> The more a show is viewed the more money goes back to the studio that made it.
> http://otakujournalist.com/where-your-crunchyroll-dollars-really-go-an-interview-with-the-ceo/

> > b-but The amount of money that goes back to the studio is negligible
> Source ?
> > You don't need a source

Worthless opinion then. Not only you're uninformed, but you try to push your bs at any cost, even at the expense of your credibility.
>>
>>146766393
My local Walmart will randomly get in really good shit for no apparent reason. JoJos, Bebop and all the Rebuilds were bought at walmart, Psycho-Pass, Blue Exorcist, EoE and NGE were all Amazon
>>
>>146766503
thanks
>>
>>146766493
Totally not a biased source at all!
>>
>>146766493
>otakujournalist.com
>interview with the CEO
and this is somehow credible? i don't understand how you can be this retarded
>>
>>146764998
Does buying music CDs count as supporting the industry?
>>
>>146766239
> You don't need a source

Stopped reading there, sorry
>>
>>146766532
Yeah no problem bud. I recommend Amazon over physical stores. I bought the first half of Psycho-Pass at Vstock and it was $48. Second half on Amazon was $30. Walmart also fucks you over pretty bad, any 2 cour anime gets split into two sets both at $30
>>
>>146766493
Where in that blog does it mention any exact percentage or even an estimate of how much money goes back to the studios? Even putting aside the fact that some blog is not a credible source, not providing any specifics is exactly what makes Crunchyroll so suspicious.

Unless there is an official statement from Crunchyroll on their website or some kind of proof that your delusions are correct, there is no reason to believe that that they are giving back to the industry in any significant amount.

If you were writing your PHD, would you use unconfirmed information from a blog? No, because a blog is NOT a source.
>>
>>146766673
There is no credible source that has information one way or the other on the specifics of Crunchyroll's contributions to the industry. There is no source, and that is why I would never consider supporting them. Is that so hard for you to understand?
>>
>>146766575
How would know anything about a contract between two companies if you refuse to get information from both these parties ?
Make it up, like you did?
>>
I buy a lot of rare doujin, does that help?
>>
>>146766493
>>146766673
CR employee detected. CR shills love to lie and cry about piracy in vague and convenient arguments. Worst of all, the retards claim that buying stuff that's actually worth money from Japan helps less than buying a subscription for their shit quality Web streams.
>>
I refuse to buy anything more than manga. I don't really want to pay as much as it is for a BD anyway, but for International shipping to up the cost a bit, customs charges of around a quarter of the cost of the actual disc and even worse Parcelforce might take your shit into their depot and ask for more money as a storage fee.

Fuck that.
>>
>>146766751
What I'm saying still has more thought put into it than what you are saying. I'm looking at the circumstances surrounding Crunchyroll, and your only source is a blog post. I don't think anyone could call your argument coherent.

Why don't you post something from ANN next?
>>
>>146766838
I only buy manga too, since it is the direct work from the mangaka itself. Have you try tenso shipping before? I heard it's cheaper. Atleast i got a stack of doujin with just 8 usd shipping cost
>>
File: image.jpg (773KB, 2448x3178px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
773KB, 2448x3178px
Im doing my best
>>
>>146766550
How could an answer in an interview be biased ? did you even open the link ? are you retarded ?

>>146766692
> back up claim with interview of CEO
> delusion

> make up unsubstantiated void statements
> not delusion

The delusion is real
>>
File: P_20160905_183855.jpg (2MB, 3264x1836px)
P_20160905_183855.jpg
2MB, 3264x1836px
>>146766896
M-me too, anon
>>
>>146766920
Do you have trouble reading? I'll help you.

>There is no credible source that has information one way or the other on the specifics of Crunchyroll's contributions to the industry. There is no source, and that is why I would never consider supporting them.

>Where in that blog does it mention any exact percentage or even an estimate of how much money goes back to the studios? Even putting aside the fact that some blog is not a credible source, not providing any specifics is exactly what makes Crunchyroll so suspicious.

Your decision doesn't really effect me either way, I'm not going to use Crunchyroll, and you can keep paying to watch One Piece and Naruto.
>>
>>146766920
>How could an answer in an interview be biased ?
By being biased ? Obviously the CEO of a company would want to give a favorable impression of his company.
And how do you know that shitty blog isn't just some sockpuppet shill ?
Are YOU retarded ?
>>
>>146766920
>how could the ceo not be biased?
>>
>>146766920
You can act like a baby all you want, it's not like there's anything to prove or disprove against CR since we can watch shit for free. If you want to sell CR subscriptions so bad then the burden of proof is on you. And of course, if CR really represented a significant amount of money for the publishers, they wouldn't bother with the vague statements and lies.

>How could an answer in an interview be biased ?
Phew

Oh, and reminder that CR hires an anti-piracy company that doxxed people who posted anime screenshots on Twitter or some equally stupid shit.
>>
>>146766893
Haven't tried but I'll look in to it.

I'm not too fussed about shipping cost because that still only really pushes it up a bit, not enough for me to lose any hair over. It's customs charging over a quarter of the cost of the item and it always ends up getting sent to someone like Parcelforce or some other awful delivery company once it passes in to this country.

If Royal Mail get it I can drive to the depot and pick it up for free. Parcelforce just slap on extra charges.
>>
Where do you buy your manga from senpais?
Amazon is obvious, but I've heard there were cheaper choices
>>
>>146766795
> You are a paid shill because I have no argument
Pls
>>>/pol/

>>146766985
>>146767064

How is a CEO saying that they are actually PAYING their providers is intended to give a favourable impression ?
Why would the fact that a business is paying its supplier and business partner be a marketing stunt ?
Do you know the premise of making a business ? You know it's different from charity, right ?
Are you in denial ?
>>
>>146764998
Yes, mainly manga and some BDs.
>>
>>146767268
You can't read at all. Obviously the studios are getting paid, but why are there no specifics?

If the studios are getting 0.5% of the revenue generated from the number of views, they're still getting money. The fact that Mr. Crunchyroll failed to name any specifics in his blogpost only strengthens the point that they don't want you to know exactly how they interact with the industry.

Crunchyroll is the only paid anime streaming site anyone in North America knows. You know what a monopoly is right?
>>
File: 99% BD.png (311KB, 3583x961px) Image search: [Google]
99% BD.png
311KB, 3583x961px
>>146764998
I would I i could.
Unfortunately I'm a poorfag and I'd rather spend money on new hard drives or upgrade my computer (or use the money for rent so I could go on holidays)
>>146765963
How the fuck can you be this retarded? only things you won't be able to download are the really obscure shit from the 90's or gargantuan series like gintama and the big 3.
>>
File: image.jpg (134KB, 600x568px)
image.jpg
134KB, 600x568px
>>146764998
Upload a better picture, i cant seem to find berserk in your collection.
>>
>>146767279
Manga is definitely better read in physical format.
>>
>>146767374
>only things you won't be able to download are the really obscure shit from the 90's or gargantuan series like gintama and the big 3
That's not true
There are Gintama and One Piece batches on HS
>>
>>146767268
>all that strawmanning
Wew, lad. I think we are done.
>>
>>146767374
Are those folders with icons?
What does TBA mean here?
>ANIME AUTISM MATCHER
Huh?
>>
>>146767505
Ah yes I know that , what I wanted to say is DVD shit , since I'm a BD/DVD purist I ignore shows until there's BDs are available or it's too good to pass up and not worth the wait.

>>146767556
It's a handy app made by some anons couple of years ago. It's really good if you really like to have anime folder icons and suffering from autism like me.

TBA = to be added , it's on a separate HD most likely because it my HD is already full.
>>
>>146764998
If only I had money for it anon. Though I buy my all time favs.
>>
>>146764998
I've bought some Manga and some Gunpla.
>>
>>146767624
Oh wow, mind sharing it?
>>
>>146767341
> why are there no specifics?
What specifics ? And be specific. Do you need to know how much they are paying their contractors, their costs, margins, sales and profits, to believe that a business is paying its supplier amount that both are satisfied with ?

It's a contract between two private companies. You wouldn't know exactly, for the same reason you wouldn't know :
How much you local baker is paying for his flour
How much you grocery store is paying for his rent
How much Youtube is paying PewDiePie
how much Apple are paying Foxconn in china to assemble their phones.
>>
>>146767671
http://animeruinslives.blogspot.com
>>
>>146767713
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Monopoly
>>
>>146764998
Considering most of this isn't bought straight from japan you don't either.
>>
File: smug cow.png (245KB, 900x827px)
smug cow.png
245KB, 900x827px
>>146767718
Thanks a lot senpai!
>>
>>146767279
>Sekai Maou
That's some good taste right there. I'm jealous.
>>
My last purchase
>>
>>146767713
Basically what >>146767741 says.

I see your argument, but that same argument could be used to excuse Primark exploiting cheap labor in 3rd world shitholes.
>Lel, if they're unhappy with their wages, they can quit anytime, amirite ?
Two parties forming a business contract doesn't mean both are happy with it. Doesn't mean it's fair either.
Also, remember shit like >>146767177.
If their business practices have shitty ethics, I wouldn't want to support them, even if they shared a fair amount of their revenue with the studios.

If I wanted to support the creators I'd rather buy DVDs / BDs.
>>
>>146767741
> A six digit operating retail company has monopoly over a product made by a multi-billion industry

That's not how it works sympaie.
>>
File: 1206151057.jpg (758KB, 1440x2560px) Image search: [Google]
1206151057.jpg
758KB, 1440x2560px
Fuck all y'all.
I buy what I want.
>>
>>146767713
I'd be satisfied with just knowing the original lump sum and the percentage of the subscriber money that goes to the different studios that they pay.

If you know anything about business, you would know the kind of circumstances that arise when there is a monopoly on something. It's called supply and demand.
>>
>>146768024
>A monopoly (from Greek μόνος mónos ("alone" or "single") and πωλεῖν pōleîn ("to sell")) exists when a specific person or enterprise is the only supplier of a particular commodity
>>
File: 1461453564884.jpg (157KB, 939x456px) Image search: [Google]
1461453564884.jpg
157KB, 939x456px
>doesn't own any Lupin
The fuck is wrong with you?
>RWBY
>buying CGI trash that isn't even anime.

also sorry for shit quality.
>>
I don't even have a blu ray player, why would I buy fuckin discs
>>
>>146768228
It's called "buy a fucking playstation".
>>
>>146768340
>just spend $200+ on a playstation
>anon can't even spend $40 on a bluray player
>>
>>146768420
>not already owning a Playstation or Blu Ray player like a normal person
>>
File: 2013.jpg (34KB, 640x266px)
2013.jpg
34KB, 640x266px
>>146768010
>>146768085
> Crunchyroll (27m $) might be abusing with the Anime industry (2b $)
http://dealbook.nytimes.com/2013/12/02/chernin-invests-in-anime-streaming-company/?_r=0

Not sure if shitposting or just being this naive

>>146768143
1. CR is the exclusive official distributor for some imported products. If this is monopoly then every exclusivity retail contract is monopoly.
2. Factually, it has zero monopoly since almost everything it sells is present elsewhere in the market, and for FREE. If its situation was even close to a monopoly, prices would much higher, and you wouldn't have watched any seasonal anime from the last 5 years.
3. CR could be ditched for another retailer if the bigger supplier is not satisfied with contract
>>
>>146768711
>http://dealbook.nytimes.com/2013/12/02/chernin-invests-in-anime-streaming-company/?_r=0

What does an investment firm investing in a company have anything to do with the fact that they are the only recognized supplier of digital anime in the west? That is the definition of a monopoly.

>1. CR is the exclusive official distributor for some imported products. If this is monopoly then every exclusivity retail contract is monopoly.

This isn't what I was talking about when I said Crunchyroll has a monopoly. I am only talking about Crunchyroll's paid streaming service. There are obviously other suppliers if you want to buy your dubbed anime or translated manga.

>2. Factually, it has zero monopoly since almost everything it sells is present elsewhere in the market, and for FREE. If its situation was even close to a monopoly, prices would much higher, and you wouldn't have watched any seasonal anime from the last 5 years.

Piracy is not part of the market. Crunchyroll has a monopoly on paid streaming, which generally seems to appeal to the lowest common denominator, and is the way that most people in North America (the kind who go to anime conventions) watch their anime.

>3. CR could be ditched for another retailer if the bigger supplier is not satisfied with contract

There is no other retailer. Crunchyroll was the first company to introduce a paid streaming service in North America, and they now own the exclusive rights to stream the anime they bought. This is what is called a monopoly. At some point, I am sure they will try to crack down on "illegal streaming" and "illegal download sites" to cement their position in the industry.

The contracts, as you can see on the actual Crunchyroll website, are anywhere from 5-10 years long. This is the only information you are given about them.
>>
File: 1471869463201.gif (94KB, 500x333px)
1471869463201.gif
94KB, 500x333px
>There are no other streaming sites
>Monopoly
>mono
>"one"

Primary Streaming Sites
Site Region Availability Notes
Amazon Instant Video
Anime Lab Australia and New Zealand
The Anime Network U.S. Subsciption. Subs or dubs but why would you use this site?
Animaxtv U.K. & Ireland Subbed. Few Dubs.
AnimeSols
Crackle U.S. Subs only.
Crunchyroll U.S. & Canada. Other regions vary Subscription or free with commercials & week delay
Daisuki Global Subs. Literally Aniplex.
Dybex France Mostly dubs.
FUNimation U.S. & Canada Subscription for some dubs, uncensored(?) titles
Gong France Mostly subbed.
Hulu U.S. Only Main sub has commericals, more expensive on does not. Some dubs.
Kaze France Subbed. Some dubs
Neon Alley U.S. & Canada Subscription TV channel or stream.
NetFlix U.S. Subscription. Subs or dubs.
Viki Global Many (crowdsourced) languages. Older series.
Wakanim France Subs, some dubs. Also some downloads.
Viewster UK, EU, some US Free, subs.

Although I believe CR have the biggest marketshare and they do engage in shitty buisness as >>146767177
said. They forced the 10-bit encode and other shit. Historically streaming sites dont pay artists or creators a great deal. But CR they have practically killed speed subbing for better or worse.
>>
>>146769307
I said North American monopoly, and I guess I should have said "anime only streaming service" as well. The only companies you listed that really contradict my point are the licensing companies like Aniplex's offshoots and FUNimation.

Also, this was the first google result for Animesols.
http://www.crunchyroll.com/anime-news/2015/04/01/animesolscom-ceases-operation
>>
>>146769012
> Piracy is not part of the market
File sharing IS part of the market. Just because it's illegal doesn't means it's not a reality for the market. That's as stupid as saying that drugs don't have a market.
And saying that CR has a monopole is absurd when you can actually get literally everything they have for free
Also
> Piracy
So you are admitting the industry viewpoint that you are stealing.

> There is no other retailer
1. That's factually false
http://www.fandompost.com/oldforums/showthread.php?7369-Free-Legal-Streaming-Anime-Master-List-v2
2. Even if there was no other retailer, they could just create one. Because the anime industry is 10-50 times bigger than CR. It's the smaller distributor that is dependant to the bigger makers, not the other way around. I don't know how it's possible to not get such a simple concept.
The fact that the industry didn't do that yet, and that they choose CR for many of their products, is just a proof that the contract is profitable for them, the relationship with CR is making money for therm, that CR is good for them. They are adults you know ? They are the ones who know best their interests, right?
>http://dealbook.nytimes.com/2013/12/02/chernin-invests-in-anime-streaming-company/?_r=0
This was just a source for the figures I provided.
>>
>>146769780
If you sell your codiene on the street, does that affect the pharmaceutical companies? No, it doesn't. They're still getting the exact same amount of money.
Piracy is piracy exactly because it is not part of the market. You're getting a product for free that would otherwise not be free.

>So you are admitting the industry viewpoint that you are stealing.

I've bought blu-rays before, which supports the industry far more than your Crunchyroll subscription fee.

>There is no other retailer
>That's factually false

I said North American monopoly, and I guess I should have said "anime only streaming service" as well. The only companies you listed that really contradict my point are the licensing companies like Aniplex's offshoots and FUNimation.

> Even if there was no other retailer, they could just create one

It's precisely because most of the money that Japan makes off anime is not coming from outside of Japan that they're not doing this.

>The fact that the industry didn't do that yet, and that they choose CR for many of their products, is just a proof that the contract is profitable for them, the relationship with CR is making money for therm, that CR is good for them. They are adults you know ? They are the ones who know best their interests, right?

Obviously they're making money. I want to know even one or two of the details of exactly what that means. You can easily look at a lot of the financial statistics pertaining to how the Japanese anime industry is making money.

I haven't seen Crunchyroll factored in anywhere. Is this because they don't matter, or because they're conning the system? Who cares, either way they're shit.
>>
>>146768054
Isnt that like $500?
>>
>>146764998
Sometimes I think to myself I should, but then I see the horrible prices here in Germany. Compared to Britain, I could get four times as much for the same price sometimes. So no, just manga
>>
>>146770705
Just import from Japan.
>>
>>146764998
Only thing i've got is this because anime is nonexistent in sweden.
Been buying some manga tho
>>
>>146767279
>Tsugumomo
Jelly as fuck
>>
>>146771438
Sweden yes!
>>
File: IMG_0743.jpg (1MB, 2592x1936px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0743.jpg
1MB, 2592x1936px
>>
File: IMG_0760.jpg (334KB, 1295x659px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0760.jpg
334KB, 1295x659px
>>
File: 20160905_165709.jpg (4MB, 4128x2322px) Image search: [Google]
20160905_165709.jpg
4MB, 4128x2322px
>>146764998
Yes I do OP, tho I carefully pick mine. (Except for Bleach, which was super cheep).

>>146771438
Where did you buy that? At Scifi bokhandel?

Also
>Sweden yes!
>>
File: 20160905_171254.jpg (293KB, 1440x1080px)
20160905_171254.jpg
293KB, 1440x1080px
>>146764998
Yeah. My budget is very small,e specially in last two years but I'm doing what I can.
>>
>>146767279
That's some amazing taste you have right there man. Keep up the great job, such manga shelf is great sight.
>>
>>146773839
btw the manga between JoJo and Death Note is OPM.
>>
>>146770705
UK isn't that good either. Only Japan and some second world countries have low prices.
>>
>>146775220
Which is why everyone should fucking import.
>>
I do collect anime and I have a rather large collection.

I don't buy it to "support" anyone. And I don't even watch the dubs. I merely enjoy physically owning the show and I have a rather respectable collection.
>>
File: sakaki.jpg (157KB, 1000x1221px)
sakaki.jpg
157KB, 1000x1221px
>>146765599
>waaaaahhh waaaaaahhh my meme spouting westernized fanfiction subs aren't getting the respect they deserve waaahhhhhhhhh

You said it yourself, they get official, objectively better subs straight from the studios/licensors.

...And that is why I torrent [horriblesubs].
>>
>>146767266
Amazon for sets, for example https://www.amazon.co.jp/dp/B01AULD1SQ/
It's by far the best seller but doesn't ship figs etc. and isn't good for a lot of cheap items (you pay additional 300-500 yen for each item as shipping fee) but is great for big items (like manga sets which are treated as one book even when they have 20 volumes)

Honto.jp for individual volumes, for example http://honto.jp/netstore/pd-book_27701424.html
Choose SAL on honto.

Other options are inferior unless there's some sale going on.
If you buy from other sellers, be prepared to pay the tax. SAL often avoids the tax while amazon takes the tax money at first but there's a high chance they'll return it to you if they don't get caught by customs.
>>
>>146775707
Honto ships internationally?
>>
File: plastic.jpg (167KB, 720x720px) Image search: [Google]
plastic.jpg
167KB, 720x720px
If I buy anime blurays from the licensor NIS America how much of my money goes to the anime's studio or the creator of the manga/characters?
>>
File: CAM05308.jpg (192KB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
CAM05308.jpg
192KB, 1600x1200px
>>146775985
Yeah.
>>
Last anime I bought was the HD Blu-ray of Belladonna of Sadness, and even then that was a rare anime purchase
>>
>>146776256
Guess I'll be using that if I remember it next time I can afford to import stuff.
>>
>>146776288
Too bad it looks like hot garbage. Look at the smeared grain everywhere in white areas, and the horrid compressed reds like in the blood at the end. I'm glad I didn't buy this piece of shit.
Also
>HD Blu-ray
>>
File: 8.jpg (184KB, 923x587px)
8.jpg
184KB, 923x587px
No, I buy used.
>>
>>146776658
Same here.
I do sometimes buy BD's of shows I really like, buy I'm a poorfag who likes collecting so I buy VHS' and dvd's off ebay most of the time.
>>
>>146775523
>objectively better subs
if you like poor, inexpressive typefacing, no TL notes even when jokes or concepts would otherwise be nonsensical, Engrish transliterations and a monopolised market that doesn't allow for healthy competition and alternatives to exist.

>b-but now it's official guys!
if you gave a shit you'd learn japanese
>>
ITT: crunchyroll further normalized my secret hobby and ruined my secret club! It therefor has a negative impact on the industry!
>>
>>146773839
Bought it at Cdon. But its not like i could find anything anime except DBZ and Pokemon anywhere else.
>>
File: 20160905_180853.jpg (263KB, 1440x1080px)
20160905_180853.jpg
263KB, 1440x1080px
>>146775318
I agree but there are some gems too delicious to pass up like that hard cover Otoyomegatari in the last row.
>>
>>146776941
Except most people who got into anime recently use free sites like kissanime.
>>
>>146776941
literally just read any explanation as to why it's bad, why do you feel the need to justify your poor purchasing decisions with rampant and unfounded brand loyalty?
>>
I just support digitally. I really need to switch to bookwalker.

Pic related, part of my backlog.
>>
>>146777104
You wot mate? Brand loyalty to what, crunchyroll?
>>
>>146777022
Have you tried sfbok(dot)se?

They literally have shelves of anime with Swedish/English and Jap sub/dub.

I mean, the stores are in Sweden 3 biggest cities.
>>
File: TTGL Box Set.jpg (493KB, 1632x1224px)
TTGL Box Set.jpg
493KB, 1632x1224px
I only support the /v/ and shitposting industry.
>>
>>146777107
>reading book/manga on a cellphone

kek
>>
File: oh shit.jpg (78KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
oh shit.jpg
78KB, 640x480px
>>146766262
>>
>>146777107
>buys digital

No. Just no.
>>
File: 1465914975934.jpg (69KB, 640x480px)
1465914975934.jpg
69KB, 640x480px
>>146777558
>he owns physical books when owning a kindle/e-reader is more practical and better.
>>
>>146777806
And you posted a phone screenshot.
>>
>>146777806
>he believes, that he owns the kindle/e-reader and the digital products he bought.
>laughing_whores.ogg
>>
File: 1467867513338.png (26KB, 200x200px) Image search: [Google]
1467867513338.png
26KB, 200x200px
>>146778176
what do you think they're going to do come to my house and delete my books strait off my kindle. you're fucking stupid.
>>
>>146778307
>what do you think they're going to do come to my house
>you're fucking stupid.
>>
File: 1470537383166.png (217KB, 372x334px)
1470537383166.png
217KB, 372x334px
>>146778307
>>
I just buy cheap used on the Amazon market place and they arrive in brand new condition, I can get a single volumem for around £4 or so when in shops it would cost me nearly £10. Last volumes I got were Abandon the Old in Tokyo and Onwards Towards Our Noble Deaths, got them both for around £12 or so in total.
>>
>>146766262

I wonder who could voice Gintoki.
>>
>>146776905
>inexpressive

That's pretty racist, dude.
>>
>>146777030
>Emma
10/10 taste
>>
>>146777107

You could have just downloaded those for free.
>>
File: IMG_2022.jpg (1MB, 2048x1536px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2022.jpg
1MB, 2048x1536px
>>146764998
Shelves are a bloody mess right now, and I've slowed down buying somewhat, but here's an older picture of one of my back shelves. Anyone complaining about anime prices has no clue. And that's even before getting into the fun times has trying to get Gundam Wing on VHS.
>>
>>146777384
Huh, never heard of it before. But thats probably because big cities can fuck right off.
Thanks anon, will check it out.
>>
>>146779021
I am loving the amount of quality hardcovers that are coming out these days. Emma, Otoyomegatari, Jojo, Gundam the Origin, Bacano LNs, all beautiful on one's shelf.
>>
File: Itchecksout.png (1MB, 1436x980px)
Itchecksout.png
1MB, 1436x980px
>>146779792
Please call me Taff anon
>>
>>146764998
No, because I'm not a luddite. It's the digital age. I haven't had a disc drive in my computer since 2004.
>>
>>146774414
>Watashitachi no Shiawase na Jikan
It made me feel sad as fuck.
>>
File: 0089-019.jpg (359KB, 1131x1600px) Image search: [Google]
0089-019.jpg
359KB, 1131x1600px
I bought the Shinji Akari raising project volume 16 because I couldn't find scans anywhere.

It's a nice little series, the japanese version of Betty and Veronica. I doubt Shinji will ever pick, and that's fine, because it's funny. Gendo is pretty wacky in this version.

>I underestimated you because you are merely pretty, and I am gorgeous, but no more!
>>
I have purchased only absolute essentials. Only 20 dvds/bds out of 400 archived shows

Stuff like Honya-San, Yuru Yuri or Yuki Yuna are absurdly expensive for my Polish pockets though, and some from cancer companies like NISA
>>
>>146765599
>>146766069
Nice delusions. I don't even use CR but if you seriously believe that verbal diarrhea then you're pretty fucking retarded.
>>
>>146780231
True. 10/10 stuff, beautiful story.
>>
>>146780441
Also I mean buying subbed discs, I'm too pleb to buy a disc I wouldn't understand ever

Though I used to import loads of lewd loli doujins and tanks until mandarake decided to ban me because for once I decided to buy something decent and picked touhou games discs. These have to be sacred over there.
>>
I would if I had money, had a place to display it like a shelve or bookcase, and wasn't afraid of revealing my power level. Maybe in the future
>>
>>146780441
Yeah, for us one TV show can equal monthly salary. I'm honestly impressed you managed to get this much. I still regret not buying YuYuYu (or at least its OST) but there wasn't much I could do about it.
>>
>>146780814
Hold on i'm gonna upload a picture so you can see how shit my taste is
>>
File: 20140506_185014.jpg (224KB, 1280x960px) Image search: [Google]
20140506_185014.jpg
224KB, 1280x960px
>>146780812
You don't want to share the joy of witnessing pic related?
>>
>>146780933
Not that picture in particular. They look ugly as fuck.
>>
>>146776905
CR subs are still than what majority of fansubers would be able to produce, even if they look worse because of minimal typesetting. Any translator will confirm that.

I dislike them but let's get the facts straight.
>>
>>146779764
Ever plan on selling your Code Geass Collection?
>>
>>146779764
>Fate/Zero BD
That's literally worth more than your whole bottom shelf. that's pretty funny
>>
File: camera quality.jpg (247KB, 800x600px)
camera quality.jpg
247KB, 800x600px
>>146780918
Here I go

The BDs on rightmost top are Nourin and Oni-Ai
>>
>>146781131
I'm afraid you have shit taste. Yabuki is The God.
>>
>>146781229
You'd be surprised. Collecting a series by 4-5 episode volumes got stupid expensive.
>>
>>146781290
>Yuyushiki
Instant 10/10 taste.
Almost all of the titles are ones I like a lot or want to watch soon because they're my type, seriously. Don't worry about Chuuni, S1 was cool.
I assume Devil Part-Timer is Hataraku? Still waiting for S2.
What is MINDCANDY? And the one below GuP?

Join me in learning Japanese, this way you'll able to import straight from the source for more than "just" supporting the industry.
>>
>>146767374
What is your hard drive size? I mean that is a big collection of anime you got there.
>>
>>146781290
Man the second season of Chunibyo fucking sucked. At least the first season was really good and had a nice lesson at the end of it.
>>
>>146781865
Must be huge, I have a bit less folders but majority of them are TV and my 3TB drive is almost filled up.
>>
>>146770440
Before the fall of the UK, I imported it for $230.
>>
>>146781836
MINDCANDY are compilations of demoscene productions. DVD one has classic DOS era productions and Blu-Ray has the classics of modern demoscene

Devil-Part Timer is Hataraku indeed.

>>146781972
yeah, the first season was pretty good but second season was completely unnecesary save for 2 or 3 episode. the poochie really needed to go back to her home planet and die
>>
File: 1466364941680.png (152KB, 229x359px) Image search: [Google]
1466364941680.png
152KB, 229x359px
>>146781865
>400 series is big nowadays
>>
>>146781836
and the one below GuP is Earthworm Jim Complete Series

absolutely groovy
>>
>>146782376
Ahh, I remember playing it as a kid. One of the many classics.
>>
>>146782269
It was always big, newfag-kun. Remember that people usually delete anything they didn't like.
>>
>>146782630
It's a cartoon actually, not a game.
I only played the game very recently because I found out it's from the devs of MDK, one of my most favourite games
>>
>>146781290
>Squid Girl
You Do Have shit taste!
>>
File: 1449901170939.jpg (93KB, 1280x720px)
1449901170939.jpg
93KB, 1280x720px
>>146782710
>people usually delete anything they didn't like
>>
>>146781290
Didnt they remove the Pravda girls singing in GuP? Or is it just in the dub
>>
File: 220px-PIIJTANW.jpg (32KB, 220x314px) Image search: [Google]
220px-PIIJTANW.jpg
32KB, 220x314px
>>146782710
>downloading things you don't like

p'shaw
>>
When I'm done with something I delete it from my queue.
>>
>>146764998
yeah, for stuff I care about at least
>>
Rate my shit taste

1/2
>>
>>146783443
>Glasslip

I've seen enough.
>>
>>146783443
2/2
>>
File: 2016-09-05_20-24-19.png (142KB, 1760x877px) Image search: [Google]
2016-09-05_20-24-19.png
142KB, 1760x877px
>>146782956
I do. There are exceptions like KanColle though which sucked but I keep it.

>>146783096
You can only truly know if you like something after watching it. The only way to watch is downloading it first.
>>
File: 1472820269320.jpg (30KB, 455x628px)
1472820269320.jpg
30KB, 455x628px
>>146783443
>glasslip
>>
>>146783577
jesus christ man how much storage do you have?

>>146783854
thanks anon, I've been looking for somewhere I can watch eva online for 2 years now
>>
>>146783854
>streaming
Get out of /a/ this instant.

>>146784017
That image was 2.64 TB of anime, the drive is almost full. I also have 2TB and 1TB drives for other stuff (like manga, doujinshi, images and non-M&A stuff) plus 256 GB SSD. I don't think it's anything special, I saw a lot of people who have more.
>>
File: 0122160803.jpg (664KB, 1440x2560px)
0122160803.jpg
664KB, 1440x2560px
Here's a shelve.

I have 3 more and this is the small one.

I took the worst picture I possibly could for you all.
>>
>>146784618
Do you sleep in a crib?
>>
physical media is dead fuccboi
>>
>>146784657
No. It's just one of those trundles.
>>
>>146784772
icic
>>
File: 1415085806922.jpg (16KB, 336x396px)
1415085806922.jpg
16KB, 336x396px
>>146783443
>Glasslip

now that's top level shitposting right there

I also bought some Glasslip merch when I was in Nippon though
>>
>>146766125
Isn't Crunchyroll kind of like the Spotify of anime? And that alone should tell you if the Japanese get good money out of it or not.
>>
>>146764998
I only buy doujin porn because it feels like my buy actually makes a difference because the numbers are small, i also enjoy eromanga and eroge more those days.
>>
>>146784618
>Thumb on camera.
>>
>>146764998
I support no industries built off of artificial scarcity, it is the job of the morally exploitable and the stupids to support them so that superior consumerists such as myself don't have to.

Every time I see a group of fashion-emos walk into an FYE and come out with some mainstream dubbed anime DVDs I smile ear to ear knowing that it wasn't bought for themselves, but for me.

Remember, taxes go bottom-up, and dollarydoos put into Chinese cartoons and vidya are no different.

That said though I've got an old box of VHS tapes with recordings of stuff from Toonami, they're too sentimental to throw away.
>>
File: sofituwaru no firu.jpg (63KB, 450x338px) Image search: [Google]
sofituwaru no firu.jpg
63KB, 450x338px
>>146786065
>>
File: 1470401846747.jpg (27KB, 600x750px)
1470401846747.jpg
27KB, 600x750px
>>146786065
>>
File: Fawlty_Towers.jpg (22KB, 320x270px) Image search: [Google]
Fawlty_Towers.jpg
22KB, 320x270px
>>146781290
>Hotel Zacisze
Nice one, Szymon
>>
>>146786065
>it is the job of the morally exploitable and the stupids to support them so that superior consumerists such as myself don't have to.

there are hundreds of amazing niche animes produced on low wages that more often than not are do-or-die for producers

and then you have few behemoths that will print money no matter how shitty they are

take a wild guess which one of those your morally exploitable and stupid persons will keep supporting
>>
>>146786358
>animes
Stopped reading there
>>
>>146783854
Kill yourself.
>>
>>146764998
I bought a ton of manga, porn, and doujinshi when I lived in Japan, so I feel confident that I paid off any cosmic debt I owe to Japan.
>>
>>146764998

I hope to see another thread like this someday.
>>
File: Untitled-1.jpg (2MB, 1931x2952px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled-1.jpg
2MB, 1931x2952px
I don't have any anime on DVD/BD, only few things on LaserDisc

Mainly buying manga
>>
File: 1472373010857.png (1MB, 1031x1260px) Image search: [Google]
1472373010857.png
1MB, 1031x1260px
>>146764998
Figures support creators because of licensing fees and they are physical, so I do, right?
>>
>>146764998
I buy from Malaysia of my favorite things, cheapest prices of licensed DVD with english subtitles. I don't like dubs any more, maybe two anime I've ever liked had worthwhile dubs
>>
>>146775220
>Japan
>60 dollars for a Blu-ray Disc containing two episodes
>Cheap

Remind me where you live so I can fucking avoid it forever.
>>
>>146788957
I would imagine he lives in the UK, which is definitely a place you want to avoid
>>
>>146788957
I meant manga. Now I see I made a mistake because that anon was mostly referring to anime.
Thing is, in case of anime, other countries don't offer products of similar quality to what you can get in Japan so comparing them makes no sense. Not to mention buying licensed anime doesn't give a single cent to Japan so buying them doesn't really support the industry (at least not directly).
>>
It really depends how much I enjoy an anime before I buy it. I'm really divided on certain things and well.. if I really do enjoy the anime. I'll go out and buy a box set provided it isn't over priced.
>>
>>146787689
Great taste.
>>
>All these hypocritical piratefags

Someone post the chart from shirobako you know the one.

If you want to steal fine but don't get on some high horse white knighting for japanese CEO Jews.
>>
File: 1462787795003.png (286KB, 509x461px)
1462787795003.png
286KB, 509x461px
>>146789849
Weak bait.
>>
>>146788232
aren't malaysian discs bootlegs?

please don't buy bootlegs
>>
>>146787689
Is that Endo one Tanpenshuu? More people should read that.
>>
>>146768197
everytime I see jigens gravestone at Best Buy I heavily consider buying it but it's just too little content for that price imo
The Cagliostro Blu Ray is godly though
>>
>>146787689
Very impressive. You have pretty much all the high tier titles released here.
>>
>>146788232
>supporting SEAmonkey bootlegs.
>>
File: c0ebcdd35bfded474ade60d01b2c7c3e.jpg (473KB, 1143x1614px) Image search: [Google]
c0ebcdd35bfded474ade60d01b2c7c3e.jpg
473KB, 1143x1614px
>>146790097
Yes
>>
>>146765599
Really all I hear from you is "wahhhhh my fansubs are extinct now, I can't go back to the way I used to watch anime when it wasn't as popular"

Who gives a fuck?
>>
File: eb953133b5350cabf4f4a43ae7f7e077.jpg (598KB, 1197x1389px) Image search: [Google]
eb953133b5350cabf4f4a43ae7f7e077.jpg
598KB, 1197x1389px
>>146767279
I also have some nice art books.
>>
>>146764998
>You do support the physical anime industry, don't you anon?

No I don't. I have never bought any anime or manga or anything related. I hide my powerlevel. I've watched some movies on netflix, but that's all.

I honestly would never have watched anime or manga if I had to pay for it.
>>
>>146790759
Congrats, you just repeated what another post said. Now fuck off.
>>
>>146791793
No one thinks you're an autist for watching just any anime at all these days, anon.
>>
File: 1444334893574.png (808KB, 1280x720px)
1444334893574.png
808KB, 1280x720px
>>146791793
>has Netflix
>Not paying to watch anime.

You're fucking stupid, desu.
>>
>>146792066

Netflix has lots of other series and stuff too, I don't exclusively have it for anime. I usually just get my stuff from nyaa, horriblesubs or batoto.

I could just pirate the other stuff too, but netflix is just easier. Also even though it's little chance of getting in trouble for pirating in my country, it's better not taking that risk I think. But no one cares about pirating anime.
>>
>>146792005
That guy is a retard, but hiding your powerlevel is more important than ever, so the normalfags don't try to talk to you.
>>
>>146792293
You still paid.
>>
>>146792357
>hiding your powerlevel
>so normal people won't talk to you
what? people are more likely to get chummy with you if you don't look like a sperg.
>>
no because localized shit barely supports the studios and I don't feel like spending $80 to import 2 fucking episodes
>>
>>146792357
Nobody wants to talk to you anyways, anon.
>>
>>146767177
>Oh, and reminder that CR hires an anti-piracy company that doxxed people who posted anime screenshots on Twitter or some equally stupid shit.

Source?
>>
>>146792460
If there are people younger than 30 in your workplace or wherever you interact with people, I would say 3/10 people are "watching anime".
And I'd rather not have them sperg all over me every day because we share our super special hobby.
>>
I want to support Shokugeki no Soma but if anyone saw physical copies of it I'd have to kill myself

What's the best way to support it in that case?
>>
>>146792739
oh I see what you're saying now, people who think they have something in common with you. Yeah try to avoid them at all costs.
>>
>>146792005
>>146792357
>>146792460

Watching anime is still looked down upon, I prefer not being ostracized. I even look down on people watching anime myself.
>>
>>146792820
>omg I watch anime too lol :P attack on titan is so cool omg lol :P titans so cool wow
no thanks
>>
>>146792810
Manga. Maybe there's an artbook? Hide them under your bed.
Good luck anon. Manga will be serialized in my country soon so I'll settle on that.
>>
File: imagewriter002071.png (2MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
imagewriter002071.png
2MB, 1920x1080px
>>146768054
Enjoy the shit quality, anon.
>>
>>146792825

You sound like a bit of a hypocritical cunt
>>
>>146764998
Although I would really like to have Evangelion and the collected works of Satoshi Kon and Hayao Miyazaki in my bookshelf, getting it is just so strangely expensive.
>>
>>146793049

Maybe I am, but when you get a bit older you'll understand why. People look down upon manga and anime with good reason, and even though you read and watch other things that people think anime and manga are, they will still judge you for what they think it is. It's that simple.
>>
>>146792683
>>146767177
>>Oh, and reminder that CR hires an anti-piracy company that doxxed people who posted anime screenshots on Twitter or some equally stupid shit.
Are you talking about that shit back in February where the fansubbers were all reporting each other to that guy/account because they were pissed over some e-drama? That guy's not even anime-specific, it's just some shitty anti-piracy advocacy group that makes it their duty to force social media sites to delete accounts propagating pirated material and stuff.
>>
>>146793005
It's the bluray, dumbass
>>
>>146793910
That screencap is from the bluray, anon.
http://underwater.nyaatorrents.org/?view=attention-to-everyone-who-ordered-the-kara-no-kyoukai-bd-box
>>
>>146793910
>(1.97 MB, 1920x1080)
>>
>>146793426

Oh, I get it completely, but hopefully those people judging aren't watching it themselves, if I found out someone was shitting on someone for something and doing the same thing behind closed doors I'd wouldn't want to associate myself with someone who one: clearly lacks some badly needed self-awareness and two: is an asshole.
>>
>>146764998
I only buy artbooks and manga, the rest of the shit I buy is fanmade.
>>
>>146774414
>Saki
>>146767279
>Saki
Ritz must be proud with us.
>>
>>146795670
I wish I had more money, I would buy dupes of all volumes. Can't wait for Toki release.
>>
File: 20160906_005206.jpg (3MB, 4128x2322px) Image search: [Google]
20160906_005206.jpg
3MB, 4128x2322px
A little bit. I also have a few figures.
>>
Has anyone experienced a series just from buying it? Like, you buy the first volume of a manga and get the next volume of the series when you're done with the former?

I'd like to try it some time, might be interesting instead of just downloading it all and marathoning it. Feels like it might be more enjoyable to experience a series completely in physical form.
>>
no but I import manga since it's cheaper and easier to support
>>
>>146764998
>Ghibli
Is it true that movies are relatively well-priced? The last one I saw was $60 for a one-hour film, but in the west that'd be a huge combo-pack for ten less.
>>
>>146797429
Most people that were into shounen manga as kids probably did this. I did it with Dragon Ball and One Piece, buying the new volume at the bookstore every month.
>>
>>146765100
You realize they have both audio tracks, right?
>>
>>146797537
They're kinda pricey on amazon, compared to other anime movies.

Most hang around $20-$25 on amazon. Though, I'm guess since most are branded with the word Disney, is what adds that extra to it.
>>
>>146766069
>I also hate how anime as a hobby and culture has been commercialized.
What?
>>
>>146798068
Not him, but I thought he made it pretty clear - the distribution and translation of anime used to be a volunteer communal thing that people did because they loved the hobby and specific shows and wanted to share them, and it's not now. Though obviously there was always the commercial side, but it was always behind and lacking, whereas since the late 00s it's taken over.

I personally think it's all fine and good since we get more stuff overall now, but I definitely get that it's frustrating to see some faggot entrepreneurs literally charge money for other people's free fansubs and then somehow get legitimate business deals and snowball that into a massive profiteering venture that kills off all the volunteer groups.
>>
>>146797612
I was actually referring to Japanese releases, since the JP Blu-rays are on there. The only anime I buy is Yu-Gi-Oh!, and it's super expensive, naturally, which is why I'd only ever buy American releases for other things. But those Ghibli packs looked awesome, since all of them have every foreign dub except Arrietty.
>>
>>146798396
>other people's free fansubs
Except people are buying the shows themselves, not just a translation. I can get why it's annoying, but it's hard to argue that it's a bad thing that shows are getting wider distribution, which is, mainly, what people are paying for.
>>
>>146798559
>Except people are buying the shows themselves
No.
The only thing you get is subscription to CrunchyRoll. You can't do anything when CR is down. You can't do anything when CR didn't buy the license of specific anime for your country. You can't do anything when CR changes its rules.
The only thing you're buying is ability to watch (some of the) anime on their site.

Furthermore CR pays no attention to how subs look meaning typesetting is minimal or nonexistent and there's no karaoke or font stylization. There's also the risk of retarded stuff like cutting out Katyusha happening. However their subs are indeed good and they do fix mistakes if you report them.
>>
File: 1337212778948.jpg (137KB, 323x454px) Image search: [Google]
1337212778948.jpg
137KB, 323x454px
>showing off collections of localized, entry-level shounenshit
>>
>>146799467
>look, I made a brainless shitpost
>>
>>146787689

>Journey of the cursed king

10/10 taste right here
>>
>>146799667
No, I would genuinely like to know why plebs think we care about their shit taste and penchant for wasting money.

There's actually at least one decent collection posted in this thread.
>>
>>146799885
Be more specific instead of generalizing. In my eyes you're just a shitposter right now. I read all posts in the thread and honestly can't agree with your random accusations.
>>
>>146799885
If you didn't care you wouldn't be here.
>>
>>146799998
What, you want me to autistically go through everyone's collection and give you my thoughts on them individually? I ain't got time for that shit.

The collection I was referring to as decent is >>146767279 and even looking at it, there are still some shit taste choices in there (Danmachi), but I forgive the guy because he's clearly not a pleb.
>>
>>146800242
>I don't care about people's shit here so much that I'm going to stay in this thread

Sounds like you care quite a bit.
>>
>>146800242
So you're saying every other collection is bad? You're plain wrong and should fuck off instead of wasting bytes.
Majority of titles in this thread aren't even shounen.
>>
File: 1431340178344.jpg (171KB, 700x746px) Image search: [Google]
1431340178344.jpg
171KB, 700x746px
>>146771438
>>146773190
>>146773237
>>146773839
>>146774414
>>146777030
>>146779764
>>146781290
>>146783443
>>146783505
>doesn't own any Lupin
and to think I thought you guys actually liked anime.
>>
>>146800399
No, that's just the best example here. There are other ones I would deem as acceptable - >>146781290 for example, good taste, just localized - what I was referring to with my initial post was shit like:
>>146783443
>>146783505
>>146787689
>>
>>146800242
The "decent" collection is the one with To Love-Ru and Akame ga Kill? I think you have the shit taste, son
>>
>>146800489
The franchise is too big and doesn't really need our support. Plus, anime are very expensive.

>>146800540
You have no idea what shounen is. Please never post again.

>>146800582
Yeah, don't ever post, obnoxious faggot.
>>
>>146800540
That guy has Wolf's Rain and Uchouten Kazoku though
>>
>>146800489
I don't like meme /co/ series like Poop in the Turd
>>
>>146800242
Speaking moon doesn't make him not a pleb. He's got as much mediocre popular stuff as anyone else, it's just mediocre harems/ecchi and LNs instead of mediocre battle shounen manga (except for fucking AgK). Hell, it's half things with English localizations anyway, and all (the manga, at least) with scanlations - he's not even making good use of his moon. I'd take >>146787689 over him any day.
>>
File: image.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px)
image.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
I support it, but I'm picky on what I buy. I end up just buying one or two series that I like per year because of the price of blurays.

I can understand why people don't like to import because it is expensive.
>>
Rate my collection /a/:

>NGE Blu-ray
>Lain Blu-ray
>Kite DVD
>>
>>146800540
>Eva
>Slayers
>Monster
>Pluto
>Emma
>Otoyomegatari
>Gundam The Origin
>bad
Kill yourself.
>>
>>146800699
Monster is bad, though, and fuck the NGE manga.
>>
>>146800540
>Jiro Taniguchi
>Kaoru Mori
>Naoki Urasawa
>Tsutomu Nihei
>entry-level shounenshit
Fuck off from /a/ forever.
>>
>>146793536
And CR is one of their clients.
>>
>>146800736
No, it isn't bad you retarded hipster.
>>
File: myn.png (256KB, 552x464px) Image search: [Google]
myn.png
256KB, 552x464px
>>146779764
>haibane renmei fancy box set
>>
>>146800659
>Wooser
I like you. I considered importing it at some point.
>>
>>146800867
>anyone who dislikes this one popular series is a retarded hipster
Please, anon.
>>
>>146800699
>>146800793
>Wan Piss
>DB
>OPM
>>
>>146801041
None of which are as bad as shit like AgK or Hayate on the other guy's shelf, and are more than made up for by his solid and great other selections.
>>
>>146800924
I didn't say anything about disliking. I have nothing against people who dislike Monster or whatever else. However saying "Monster is bad" like it was some fact is plain wrong.
If you wanted to say you dislike it, you should have done so. Learn how to speak if you don't want to be misunderstood.

Sadly you're just pulling a retarded strawman.

>>146801041
So? What's so bad in liking them among many other things? Also, OPM isn't a shounen you goddamn cretin.
>Wan Piss
Good to know we're dealing with an underage trying to fit in.

If you think that liking or disliking some specific series makes everything about said person bad, you were wrong. Lurk more instead of contaminating threads with your uneducated posts.
>>
File: 1459593783636.jpg (79KB, 606x403px) Image search: [Google]
1459593783636.jpg
79KB, 606x403px
>>146800540
>Junji Ito
>Kaoru Mori
>Osamu Tezuka
>Naoki Urasawa
>Jiro Taniguchi
>Tsutomu Nihei
>Inio Asano
>entry-level shounenshit

Never go full retard
>>
>>146801288
>I didn't say anything about disliking. I have nothing against people who dislike Monster or whatever else. However saying "Monster is bad" like it was some fact is plain wrong.
>If you wanted to say you dislike it, you should have done so. Learn how to speak if you don't want to be misunderstood.
>
>Sadly you're just pulling a retarded strawman.
Oh, you have some notion of objective quality. I don't buy that, so as far as I'm concerned disliking something and thinking it's bad are the same thing, and before you try the "learn to speak" bit again, I have yet to seen any argument for an definition of objective quality worth using.
>>
>>146801112
There was nothing wrong with Hayate until after A-tan arc and I can understand finishing the series regardless.
>>
>>146801378
>Oh, you have some notion of objective quality. I don't buy that
So don't use objective phrases, retard.
>>
>>146764998
>avatar
>>
>>146800699
All gundam is trash. Mecha s shit.
>>
>>146801112
Hayate no Gotoku was really good 300 chapters and some anime seasons ago.

It just went very fast downhill after a while and never managed to stop.
>>
>>146800631
Not him, but that guy's taste is pretty awful overall and Uchouten Kazoku isn't enough to save him (Wolf's Rain isn't very good aside from the designs and OST). Garbage like Blade & Soul, Glasslip, SnK, Sky Crawlers, Steamboy, and Speed Grapher weigh him down too much.
>>
>>146801499
>Glasslip

He must've bought that ironically. That show is so bad.
>>
>>146801438
Nigger, did you stop reading my post there? As far as I'm concerned, "it's bad" is subjective, and I defy you to give me an agreeable definition of it that isn't subjective (without just throwing in "objective" or "objectively," for obvious reasons).
>>
>>146801288
>you're underage because you don't like this overpopular series aimed at young people
That's ironic. Back in my day, we shat on the big three hard. Sad to see the babies reading it have grown up enough to type and use the internet now.
>>
>>146801544
If you're unable to talk without lazily strawmanning, don't.
Also good job blowing your cover, newfag.
>>
>>146801641
How can I trust you?
>>
>>146801544
>we shat on the big three hard

I remember when Naruto and Bleach were new shows and not "the big three" yet. That was good times. Both of them had pretty nice premise, but god they went downhill.
>>
>>146801696
You can't.
>>
File: 146037788228.jpg (31KB, 251x201px) Image search: [Google]
146037788228.jpg
31KB, 251x201px
>tfw this isn't on Blu Ray
>>
>>146801499
I know they're pretty shit but i only bought them cause they were pretty cheap, i'm working on buying better series now and improving my shit taste.
>>
>>146801696
You can't.
The most you can do is using common sense to asses the situation.
Yes, common sense, we don't need a silly joke about it.
>>
File: 12412512521.jpg (140KB, 960x720px)
12412512521.jpg
140KB, 960x720px
>>146801445
Go and suck some dick dreaming about kawaii kanojo fag
>>
File: 20160905_203928.jpg (1MB, 3264x1836px) Image search: [Google]
20160905_203928.jpg
1MB, 3264x1836px
Am I doing this supporting the industry thing right?
>>
>>146802081

made me laugh
>>
>>146801886
He isn't wrong though. Gundam is unwatchable. Just giant robot suits punching eachother with mediocre plots just fill out each episode. I don't know how people can stomach that bland shit.
>>
>>146802081
Please tell me you got them from some con for free.
>>
>>146802081
>dat Lum
probably would after 3 beers
>>
File: weeb.jpg (885KB, 1188x2020px) Image search: [Google]
weeb.jpg
885KB, 1188x2020px
I mostly buy manga and light novels.
>>
>>146802081
Master of Martial Hearts is still the greatest fucking story I've ever encountered. That fucking ending too.
Who was door?
>>
File: 1470979703271.jpg (8KB, 196x200px)
1470979703271.jpg
8KB, 196x200px
>>146802081
>Otaku Unite
>>
>>146802081
Is Otaku Unite any fun or is it just cosplay trash?
>>
>>146802287

At least it's "Comprehensive and compelling".

I have a feeling the cringe factor is pretty high.
>>
>>146765493
>commity
ESL pls go
>>
File: haro man.jpg (127KB, 900x557px) Image search: [Google]
haro man.jpg
127KB, 900x557px
>>146802155
Even people who don't watch mecha wouldn't take you serious anymore samefag shitposter
>>
>>146802191
>Nip Nep
Nice.
>>
>>146787689
I thought the Blame! reprint came out the 13th of this month...
>>
>>146765325
Paying 1200 yen for importing a BD with anime from other side of the world can't be considered "artificially inflated in order to rip off people"
>>
>>146798844
I was referring to DVDs. The guy I was replying to originally said things went downhill when anime became "monetized", which is ridiculous.
>>
File: 20160905_205028.jpg (2MB, 1583x1836px) Image search: [Google]
20160905_205028.jpg
2MB, 1583x1836px
>>146802287
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fZmRw9o63RM
>>
>>146802657
>Gundam is unwatchable
Get some better taste, anon. Or just say mecha and sci-fi aren't your thing.
>>
File: 1471796696084.jpg (41KB, 498x441px) Image search: [Google]
1471796696084.jpg
41KB, 498x441px
>>146802657
>Please have sex
>>
File: dsc06694.jpg (876KB, 2000x1338px)
dsc06694.jpg
876KB, 2000x1338px
Guys where do you get a "perfect" shelf for manga and dvd stuff?

With perfect i mean that they are designed especially for the size of a regular manga volume, so the space in pic related isn't there.
>>
>>146802743
There are much better Sci-Fi to choose from.
>>
>>146764998
No, and I don't plan to.

The BD business model is stupid as fuck.
>>
>>146802764
You go to your psychiatrist and ask him to prescribe some OCD meds.
>>
>>146802824
Elaborate
>>
>>146802764
>>146802839
Also, while you're at it, go get better taste. That looks like a tenth-grade girl's collection circa 2005.
>>
>>146802818
When you consider the time when 0079 came out, not really. It was revolutionary in its realistic approach and huge scale.

>>146802764
I heard IKEA is the best option if you don't one to make one yourself. Problem is, your collection will be constantly growing.
>>
>>146802081
>The first documentary of anime fandom
>>
>>146802764
The fuck is that weird DBZ thing on the top left, and why does it feature Vegeta from Buu saga and Young Goku from the end of Dragon Ball?
>>
>>146802657
>every piece of media from genre I don't like is shit

wish we had IDs here like on /pol/ to end this faggotary
>>
>>146765599
>Crunchyroll is more of a hindrance to the industry.

No it's not.

>>How can us fans overseas show support and future demand for more seasons of Log Horizon? Are blu-ray sales the most important factor?
>>I'd like to hear it from Mamare-sensei himself. And LH is a different case than most other shows due to being under NHK. Unless he's answered it previously, then forgive my retardation.

>Of course the sales are the most important factor.
>That said, it's not the only important factor.
>The view count on Crunchy Roll, the
comments, and the fan letters are also important.
>If I wanted to go further, I'd even say that simply it being discussed a lot on Twitter is good.
>>
>>146802931
/q/ has proved IDs are cancer.
>>
>>146802764

You adjust the position of the shelves.
>>
File: DSC01788.jpg (3MB, 3000x2000px)
DSC01788.jpg
3MB, 3000x2000px
>>146764998
>anime
not really
I should get around to updating this, it's getting old.
>>
>>146802931
>
>>
>>146802191
>Strawberry Panic!
I liked that one. It was cute. I just wish it had the color pics.
I lent it to a girl, and she asked if she could keep it.
>>
>>146802764
I've made mine myself, it's pretty easy even if you have both left hands, also will cost you at least half less than buying one
>>
I haven't spent a single penny supporting any aspect of the anime and manga industry. Feels great.
>>
>>146803027
Melonpan is that you?
>>
Wake me up when we get MD Geist on Blu-ray.
>>
>>146802764
Having space is good, though. Planning for tankouban screwed up my friend's shelf when he got a wide-ban.
>>
>>146803027
Would you take more pics of your home? It looks gorgeous.
>>
>>146803167
Koichi Ohata or John O'Donnell needs to start a kickstarter for this.
>>
>>146803135
W-who?

>>146803221
I'll take an updated pic tomorrow when I get enough daylight, it's night right now.

>It looks gorgeous.
Oh, it's not, believe me. That one corner with the shelves might look so, but not the rest which is fairly normal. It's a two roomer with white walls, and my desk is a fucking mess right now.
>>
>>146803501
>getting recognized by your friends on 4chan
you don goofed
then again i guess you couldn't have had that collection without ever going to /a/
>>
>>146803607
I do sometimes post with a name and a trip, but it's not Melonpan, sorry Anon.
By "who" I meant "who is this Melonpan person". Desuarchive only gives 22 posts made back in 2011.
>>
File: 1319552999339.gif (450KB, 430x239px)
1319552999339.gif
450KB, 430x239px
>>146803773
Your kind has to be preserved. Stay pure, anon. Don't google him.
>>
>>146804045
When did /a/ stop hating tripfags? Am I on the wrong board or something?
Gotta admit I haven't seen much tripfags around lately.
>>
>>146804501
I didn't say a single thing about tripfags.
>>
>>146803773
>>146804045
Yeah, not knowing who Melonpan is could be considered a virtue.
Basically a super-otaku from Switzerland and a super-cancerfag who's gone so cancerous that I'm not even sure anymore he isn't just a troll.
Also has a cancerous blog and a cancerous Youtube-channel.
There, I saved you your google-search.
>>
>>146804777
Scary there are people that look up to him.
>>
>>146804777
Oh damn, I knew about that obnoxious richfag swiss guy licking his TV and going into pubs and bars with dakimakura, but I didn't know his name. Thanks, Anon.

I'm now not really sure whether I should take >>146803135 as an insult or as a compliment.
>>
>>146804777
Fuck, I never knew that guy's name and I didn't really want to.
>>
>>146804949
>going into pubs and bars with dakimakura
cute
>>
>>146804949
You can take it as a compliment in the sense that Melonpan is spendthrift and has a fuck-huge collection of weeb merch, similar to yours.
>>
File: THE8OGN.jpg (50KB, 500x335px) Image search: [Google]
THE8OGN.jpg
50KB, 500x335px
>>146804949
Pure cringe
>>
>>146765033
/thread
How did this shit get 400 replies
>>
I buy manga. I don't see the purpose of buying BD/DVD's, such a useless medium of storage.
>>
>>146764998
I only support Yen Press.
>>
>>146765599
We could always loudly complain about shit practices and shitty region locks.

Also about shitty video encoding and shitty translations.
>>
>>146781290
>Strike Witches
You're alright, man.
>>
>>146786065
Posts like this always remind me of Homer at the museum.
http://www.simpsonsworld.com/video/302402115600
>>
File: DSC_3466.jpg (216KB, 1000x837px) Image search: [Google]
DSC_3466.jpg
216KB, 1000x837px
>>146802764
Cut blocks of wood to the length of each shelf and put them behind the books. Then they will all line up against the wood when you push them in.
>>
I do if I feel it's actually worth my money. I enjoy a shit ton of stuff that I would never pay money for. Latest stuff I bought was A Girl on the Shore by Inio Asano, and I bought Tezuka's Metropolis which hasn't been in print since 2003 so that's not supporting anyone but the dude I bought it from.
>>
If the anime is good, absolutely. Otherwise fuck no
>>
All these facts about Crunchyroll, now I don't feel guilty when walking past their booth at anime cons from watching HorribleSubs.
>>
>>146809363
Kill yourself.
>>
File: anime.jpg (3MB, 1920x5209px) Image search: [Google]
anime.jpg
3MB, 1920x5209px
Here is my anime bookshelf
>>
I buy BDs of shows that I really really like.

I would buy a lot more if Japanese publishers put English subs on Japanese releases and considered toning the pricing down a bit. Fuck US distributors and their shitty dubs though.
>>
File: bully.png (9KB, 508x216px) Image search: [Google]
bully.png
9KB, 508x216px
>>146809472
You're a disgusting bully.
>>
I own a copy of Alien 9 & Elfien Lied on DVD, that's it.
would like to get my hands on 2003 FMA at some point tho
>>
>>146809959
>that macross

Good taste.
>>
I've been thinking about getting the DVDs for Kino's Journey and Akira. Also maybe some volumes of Berserk. Only thing is they cost a shitload and I doubt I'd even really use them for anything but show.
>>
>>146764998
I leave no physical trace of my power level.
>>
I buy figma directly from GSC and several Japanese grocery/convenient stores (Uwajimaya) in the american north west.
>>
File: anime1.jpg (4MB, 1782x2942px) Image search: [Google]
anime1.jpg
4MB, 1782x2942px
1/2
My shelf situation is pretty bad, I need to build some one of these days.
>>
File: anime2.jpg (3MB, 1782x2481px)
anime2.jpg
3MB, 1782x2481px
>>146812528
2/2
>>
>>146802081
you literaly picked up the cheapest trash from rightstuf or whatever
>>
>>146764998
Just physical manga and some plastic figures
>>
>>146812528
Nadesico doesn't get enough love around here.
>>
>>146812914
Agreed, it pretty much only gets brought up in oldschool anime threads.
>>
File: djhwbfk;ujw.png (178KB, 670x578px) Image search: [Google]
djhwbfk;ujw.png
178KB, 670x578px
>order haruhi ultimate collectors from funi
>ships
>never paid for it
what
>>
>>146813140
Those Jews are gonna kick down your door and get their shekels one way or the other.
>>
>>146813140
Don't listen to >>146813243 w- they would never do a thing like that.
>>
>>146765599
>This is even beyond the fact that Crunchyroll was found directly ripping subs from fansubbing websites
[citation needed]
>>146766069
>I also hate how anime as a hobby and culture has been commercialized.
I was interested until I read this. You cant have the cake and eat it. In the past I remember heard lots of enthusiasts bitching about how hard was to get anime.

I the past I had to buy bootlegged VHS copies to get anime. Yes, BUY motherfucking bootlegs. So the "entrepeneur enthusiasts" was a bunch of /&&/%$/ who made money also.

I dont say that I totally like the actual satate of affairs, but painting the "anime scene" of the past as pure, well, lets say that your nostalgia is powerful
>>
>>146813995
>[citation needed]
I'm not sure if he's implying it happened more recently, but back when they were straight up illegal that was their entire business model, like it is for any other pirate-streaming site. If you don't trust me,I'm sure it's on their Wikipedia page and a million other places.
>>
>have an old pic I took for a rightstuf contest
>know I'll be bullied if I post it
Fug
>>
>>146812576
>last exile box set

I did not know this existed. Do you have pictures of the box?
>>
File: box.jpg (4MB, 1628x3400px)
box.jpg
4MB, 1628x3400px
>>146814737
Just for you anon.
>>
File: 1469632519352.jpg (703KB, 1920x1080px)
1469632519352.jpg
703KB, 1920x1080px
>>146764998
>as long as I keep buying Natsume BDs it'll go on forever
>>
>>146814648
I won't bully you anon. Post it.
>>
>>146776905
>poor, inexpressive typefacing
Is this satire?
>monopolised market
It's not monopolized at all. Anyone can sub an episode from the raws alone before it even shows up on HorribleSubs. The problem is that all the fan subbers are lazy fucks who spout colorful rhetoric like in your post but then can't back it up with actual effort.
>>
>>146764998
I simply don't have the money to do so on neetbux, 550$ or so out of roughly 850$ a month goes to rent already.
>>
File: comfy.jpg (42KB, 782x577px)
comfy.jpg
42KB, 782x577px
>>146814648
Post it anon.
>>
I was just sitting here thinking about how low my power level must be in comparison to some of these posts since most of my shelf is littered with western comics, then I remember that I have a Clannad tapestry hanging on my wall. That's as bad as having figmas.
>>
>>146815613
>>146815381
Too big, give me a minute, can't resize on tablet.

>>146815171
Wow that's way nicer than the bluray release. Thanks for posting.
>>
File: asfasf.jpg (593KB, 1296x968px)
asfasf.jpg
593KB, 1296x968px
still my most precious thing
>>
>>146815386
>Anyone can sub an episode from the raws alone before it even shows up on HorribleSubs
You what? The turnaround time for most HS releases from the end of the broadcast would be difficult to even get a script done in, forget timing and encoding (and if you wait for a raw group to encode it for you, then HS is out before that most of the time).
>>
File: Q8csY3bh.jpg (161KB, 1024x768px)
Q8csY3bh.jpg
161KB, 1024x768px
>>146815613
>>146815381
I'm sorry amanchubro, I tried to resize it but then it was impossible to read the titles. So here is an imgur link: http://imgur.com/MvTQvA8

This is actually missing a ton of stuff and I should probably take a new one, however, if you swap robotics notes for the lupin the 3rd set I was finally able to get, everything on top of the other blu rays is my 3x3, so please don't bully on those.

And yes, buying sword art was a mistake.

Pic related as I collect anime concept drawings etc as well.
>>
File: shikijo.png (603KB, 884x720px)
shikijo.png
603KB, 884x720px
>>146816015
I'm jealous
>>
File: thumbs-up_loli.png (1MB, 1920x1080px)
thumbs-up_loli.png
1MB, 1920x1080px
>>146816379
>silver spoon
>servant x service
>bebop
>>
>>146816660
You would not believe how much aniplex charges for a DVD, not even a BD.
>>
>>146816879
I know how much they charge, that's why I don't have them. It's ridiculous to charge $60 for a thirteen episode series like Servant x Service.
>>
>>146816942
Wait, not him, but it's that low? Are you sure that's not per volume? I thought they didn't lower prices for localization because the nips just reverse imported so that they'd lose money overall.
>>
>>146816015
God dammit, from the thumbnail I thought it was Dai-Guard.
>>
>>146815386
>Anyone can sub an episode from the raws alone before it even shows up on HorribleSubs.
This is literally impossible, unless you want to be a joker and release machine translations slapped onto a transport stream. Their DGM today, for example, was out an hour and ten minutes after it finished airing. That's not doable.
>>
>>146816942
Yeah, thankfully the holiday sale last year was pretty good, still outrageous but not as bad as the valvrave bds.

2 seasons of akb were the other wallet heavy hitters, I don't do that anymore.
>>
>>146815171
Did you buy that as singles? Did you get the Alvis figure with the first volume, and the R2 covers postcard set with the last?

Because I did.
>>
>>146817021
The complete series is $60.
>>
>>146817021
It's super expensive for an English DVD sub only release.

I can get some older 24 episode sub/dub shows for 60, and those include both DVDs and blurays.

Regarding reverse imports, often ponycan and aniplex actually have restrictions on sale to reduce reverse importing.
>>
>>146764998

Anime failed to launch properly on Blu Ray.

The companies still do dvd exclusive releases, which says a lot. They don't think much of their audience.
>>
File: P_20160906_015738.jpg (2MB, 2500x1783px) Image search: [Google]
P_20160906_015738.jpg
2MB, 2500x1783px
>>
>>146817094
I know what you mean. I haven't been buying as much as I used to. Even though I pre-ordered pic related.
>>
>>146817316
I forgot about the mousemat. I have that too somewhere.

I miss the days we used to get crap with R1 releases. I've got a whole box full of mini-pencil boards.
>>
I watch the shows for free
If I like the show I buy the American blu ray (can change it to Japanese audio and Eng subs)
If I love the show I import the Japanese blu ray from an official Japanese site so my money goes directly towards sales and S2.
>>
>>146817420
It's tough, I have been forced to wait for more us releases because buying a full BD set each season is impossible.

Although if kuromukuro does not fuck up the ending, I'll probably be buying that.
>>
File: jjjjjjj.jpg (494KB, 1200x1486px) Image search: [Google]
jjjjjjj.jpg
494KB, 1200x1486px
come at me, delta haters
>>
File: shit taste.jpg (2MB, 2880x1080px) Image search: [Google]
shit taste.jpg
2MB, 2880x1080px
My small collection of shit taste. I'd like to support the industry better by importing but I'm not rich enough for those BD prices oh and also I don't fuckin' speak nipponese.
When I get some money I may get one of those sets that do come with english subs like kara no kyoukai
>>
>>146818092
>I don't fuckin' speak nipponese
This keeps me from importing a lot of stuff too. I would buy those overpriced BDs if they had subs.
>>
>>146818222
>This keeps me from importing a lot of stuff too. I would buy those overpriced BDs if they had subs.
Some of them do. This season, Macross Delta and Love Live Sunshines BDs have english subs.
>>
I wish more series did that. I only have about 10 imported BDs because they have English subs.
>>
>>146818222
They're starting to realize we will actually buy their releases so it's gotten better in recent years. Most series still don't have subs though. Here's a list of the ones that do: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/11eEFSW7rsWAphS7Du5SE1pCUCIjPpb07jRgIybGp0bo/edit?hl=en_US#gid=2
>>
>>146816379
>Levi-tan
Holy shit, you are one of what? 200?

good taste
>>
File: thumb-up1.jpg (73KB, 960x720px) Image search: [Google]
thumb-up1.jpg
73KB, 960x720px
>>146818388
That's pretty handy. Also apparently I can't count, I have 26 Japanese BDs.
>>
File: DSC_3478.jpg (258KB, 1368x1080px) Image search: [Google]
DSC_3478.jpg
258KB, 1368x1080px
>>146818028
Reporting in for Walküre duties
>>
>>146816379
>http://imgur.com/MvTQvA8
Anyone with bodacious pirates can't be bad.
>>
>>146816379
>AKB0048
>Mondaiji
You're a good, good person.

Holy shit, there's a Jinsei there.
>>
>>146764998
No, I do not. I just download.
>>
>>146818092
>>146818222
Join us in /djt/. If you're dedicated you should be able to reas easier stuff after a year or less.

>>146818299
The deciding reason why I got Madoka Rebellion LE. One of better buys of my life, even if shit cost me 1/4th of my salary.

>>146818388
Oh, interesting.
>>
>>146765852
>monopoly
As opposed to a thousand different streaming services popping up, all deciding to keep content for themselves, all full prices, making none of them worth it?
As in, exactly what's killing Netflix?
>>
>>146798844
>there's no karaoke or font stylization
what the fuck why would you want shitty karaoke font ruining the anime?

00s fansubs were some of the worst cancer shit you could find

the best translations are the ones where you don't need to add some shitty notes every 5 mins in
>>
>>146798844
>typesetting is minimal or nonexistent and there's no karaoke or font stylization

These are good things, the subs should be as absolutely minimal as is possible to make them, the less they catch the eye, the better.
>>
File: MajusensenOAV24.jpg (36KB, 400x298px) Image search: [Google]
MajusensenOAV24.jpg
36KB, 400x298px
>crunchyroll subs the most popular anime
>fansub groups still don't sub older anime
>still dare to bitch over fansub drama and cr stealing their thunder

Most fansubs groups sub purely for bragging purposes.
>>
>>146821072
How do you think we got Hollow Ataraxia?
>>
>>146821072
YOU DON'T SAY?

>sub groups put their group name into the show's logo
>often bigger than the actual show's title
>put their names ahead of staff
>didn't translate staff names but still inserted their anyway
>constantly tried to put in the flashiest shit possible to show off how 1337 their encoder was
>>
>>146820915
I mostly meant subs from a couple of years ago when TL notes were already kill.

>>146820940
Moron.
Good typesetting is the one which blends with the show. CR's typesetting is atrocious crap positioned at the top or bottom of the screen with some shitty font that is sure to detract you. Good typesetting would be put right on the sign with font matching Japanese one and shaded and blurred in a way that you wouldn't even be able to tell it was done by the group instead of the studio.
By the way your post is basically saying
>you're wrong because I agree with you completely but am too stupid to realize it
Also, font stylization isn't limited to making subs bigger and colorful. The point of font stylization is making it fit the show. CR just throws a single (not that good) font at everything, that's what's jarring.

As for amount of typesetting, the point of translating is making us experience the show similar to original audience. Ignoring some signs which are understood by Japanese detracts from this goal and is by definition wrong.
>>
>>146821378
Things That Never Happened: The Post.
Only the last one occurred in last six years among the competent groups. Ease up with your mindless hating and shitty stereotypes.
>>
>>146818028
Is thunderbolt rendered at 4K?
>>
>>146820940
That's like saying that every character should be voiced by the same voice-actor, so that it might be less distracting.
>>
>>146821706
>last 6 years

Yes 2010 was definitely the mid 2000s.

>>146822221
No? that's an utterly moronic statement to make.

Subs are not a part of the experience, they are meant to convey to you what is being said to attempt to give you a way to access the piece. The story becomes a work unto itself when translated this is true, but no one on /a/ is going to argue in favour of that based on the amount of "muh original" that gets posted.

>>146821677
>As for amount of typesetting, the point of translating is making us experience the show similar to original audience. Ignoring some signs which are understood by Japanese detracts from this goal and is by definition wrong.

Yeah those words floating everywhere is totally the original experience. That stupid looking text superimposed over the image instead of nice and out of the way is definitely immersing me in this show.

Professionals do it a certain way for a reason. You should barely even notice the text, just absorb it and be looking at the images, blended text does distract the eye, this isn't a debatable point.
>>
>>146822630
>Yes 2010 was definitely the mid 2000s.
What?

>Subs are not a part of the experience
That's an utterly moronic statement to make.

Go ahead and watch the show without subs.

>they are meant to convey to you what is being said
And fansubs are doing this better than CR because they translate more, their font choices aren't as jarring and the timing is better.

>Yeah those words floating everywhere is totally the original experience. That stupid looking text superimposed over the image instead of nice and out of the way is definitely immersing me in this show.
Examples. You're talking out of your ass.

>Professionals do it a certain way for a reason.
Because they're fucking lazy, only get paid for translating and morons like you eat up this shit anyway.

>You should barely even notice the text, just absorb it and be looking at the images
Congrats, you just described what fansubbers are doing and CR isn't.

>blended text does distract the eye, this isn't a debatable point
You're clinically retarded.
>>
>>146820915
>what the fuck why would you want shitty karaoke font ruining the anime?
Remove yourself from this world.
>>
>>146822815
>Go ahead and watch the show without subs.

I do :^)

>>146822815
>because they translate more

Lolno

Do you not remember the shit we had in the mid 2000s at all? when you know, people would shitfling constantly over translation decisions that it turns out they were wrong about because no one had access to the script and had to guess a whole bunch of shit? and lets not forget that subbers often either look for added meaning or don't put enough meaning in places a lot of the time because again no access to scripts.

>>146822815
>Examples. You're talking out of your ass.

sure, I'm gonna link fucking otaking becuase it's more concice than going and trudging up ancient fansubs.

throwing names into title while the actual company that made it puts it down in the corner of the screen in neat white text.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PFu9lh37X34t=3m27s

layers of kareoke which were TOTALLY IN THE ORIGINAL THIS IS PART OF THE INTENDED EXPERIENCE GUYS.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PFu9lh37X34t=3m48s
As a fansubber you are not part of the art, you are providing a window for people to access it. Unless you have the ability to redraw frames and put it in, don't fucking try.

>Congrats, you just described what fansubbers are doing and CR isn't.

>blended text does distract the eye, this isn't a debatable point

You're talking out your ass son. You have no peer reviewed research backing your shit up. Meanwhile the effect of subtitles is well researched.
>>
>>146823195
oh and trawl through the videos yourself for an example of trying to superimpose text onto the art itself to "blend it in" in effect completely pissing over the show itself.
>>
>>146823195
>the mid 2000s at all
Nobody is talking about that because it's completely irrelevant to current situation. Next you'll tell me CR is good because there was no anime in 19th century but now there is and CR is good because of that while fansubs are bad.

>2008
Fucking irrelevant. I saw that vid multiple times, you don't have to link it to me. Good to know you're unable to find anything on your own and just came here after listening some outdated youtube crap. Easily impressed newfag thinking he knows everything because he listed to youtube celeb from previous era, wow. Kill yourself.
>>
>>146822969
>karaokefag
You first.
>>
>>146823701
>otaking
>youtube celeb
>not retarded /m/ poster

You kill yourself newfag.

We were talking about shit fansub groups used to do before they were all killed, you interjected with your erroneous bullshit.

Fansub groups had become a cancer that needed to be purged.
>>
>>146823195
>using Otaking's video as an example

That shit is ridiculously outdated in terms of what people have done with typesetting for the past five years or so.

>>146821378
Pretty much all those things are long gone practices, except for a small handful of people who might still insert group logos into openings.
>>
>>146823772
I know he posted here, retard. I'm talking about perspective of >>146823195 who is clearly detached from reality and didn't watch a single anime by fansub groups in last six or so years.

And we were talking about effects of CR which has nothing to do with killing mid 00s' style.
>>
>>146823810
Because there is no point clawing for attention from an audience that long since abandoned you. If the audience that liked that shit didn't all go to crunchyroll then we'd still have it.
>>
>>146823747
You can turn it off with one click if you don't like it, cretin.
>>
>>146823899
Subbers largely stopped doing things like group logos and staff credits in openings before legal simulcasting got big.
>>
>>146823896
But it had everything to do with it because the audience that they drew their attention from went to crunchyroll.

There is no point watching fansubs if a sub with access to the script is available unless you happen to enjoy how they write, and in that case just admit that you prefer X group's interpretation.
>>
>>146823954
By what account of history did CR not already have a dominant share of the market way before they got the ability to simulcast? it was almost certainly a major factor that allowed them to get those deals.

There is no point going "HEY GUYS COME TO OUR IRC GET OUR RELEASE" if they just go to CR anyway and get whatever release CR puts up.
>>
>>146764998
No, I live in Argentina.
>>
>>146824031
>By what account of history did CR not already have a dominant share of the market way before they got the ability to simulcast?

That's a silly thing to say considering that before they went legit and started producing translations on their own, everything they did came from fansubbers, so either way the fansubbers were the ones providing the content, even if some people consumed it through a crappy streaming site.
>>
>>146823987
No. Stop rewriting history, what you're saying is plain wrong.

Mid 00's style described in Otaking's video was killed by fansub groups, not CR. CR wasn't that big yet when it happened.

Quite the contrary. There is no point in watching CR unless you have ADHD and can't wait a day or two for polished up version made by fansubbers. Fansubs have better video quality, MUCH better typesetting, translate more (usually background lines and signs), have better timing and better fonts. Karaoke too for people who like it and having it is certainly better than not having it.
The only thing which might be worse in fansub than in CR is sub quality if editor is a retard but in majority of situations that isn't the case and fansub fixes CR's small errors instead.
>>
>>146824081
Yes but you missed the point.

Before it was just the de facto situation that people went to CR throwing yourself everywhere at least could make sense from the perspective of getting your name out and getting people to go get your releases.

Instead people just go to CR, get whatever release.
>>
>>146824124
>they throw a bunch of shit in there that serves as nothing substantial but distraction from the piece, some of it is even a direct insult to the creators.
>>
>>146824166
Please write your post again, this time in English.
>>
>>146824198
Who are you quoting?
>>
>>146824166
What releases people watched on CR back when it was a pirate site had absolutely no effect on fansub group practices, because fansubbers didn't give a toss about CR or its viewers thought. Claiming that the things we talked about changed because of pirate-CR is just downright wrong.
>>
>>146765319
Because crunchyroll are jews and their translations are sjw eye cancer
>>
>>146809959
>Maison ikkoku
My nigga
>>
>>146824236
I'm paraphrasing you.

>>146824210
I'm sorry you can't read.

There is no point advertising if no one is looking at it. CR got all the attention anyway. There is no reason that those practice would die without that, the kids fucking loved that shit. I remember so many people bitched about releases that didn't do it.
>>
>>146824249
If no one is watching you any more because they're on crunchyroll it doesn't matter if you care about it or not. Because at the end of the day no one watches you any more. How can that have 0 effect? people don't just put things out with no one looking at it.
>>
>>146824336
You aren't.

What advertising are you talking about? The shit described in >>146821378? It was gone before CR became relevant because actually competent groups knew it's obnoxious and they're the ones who stopped this shit. CR has absolutely nothing to do with it.
>>
Holy shit, CR shills are deluded.
>>
>>146824468
Again bullshit, you're saying that this just happened for no reason despite the fact a huge portion of people seemed to love that shit and thought it made it look better. These things don't just happen. CR took the audience that looked at stuff like that, remember that by 2008 CR was big enough to attract 4 million dollars of investment. It fucking ate the audience.
>>
>>146824384
>people don't just put things out with no one looking at it.

Fansubbers have never really cared about anything beyond torrent download counts in that regard, especially when they wouldn't even have access to the view counts of various streaming sites. CR only really started having an effect in this regard after HorribleSubs started ripping their legal stuff and thus showing up with torrent downloads. And once again, pirate-CR was a total non-entity in this regard.
>>
>>146824567
>you're saying that this just happened for no reason
I literally stated the reason you goddamn cretin.
>because actually competent groups knew it's obnoxious and they're the ones who stopped this shit

>despite the fact a huge portion of people seemed to love that shit
Be more specific, retard. What "shit"? Plastering "Doki" logo on show's title? No, only their braindead fans liked it and they aren't relevant to this discussion.

>These things don't just happen.
Of course. It was combined effort of many groups like UTW, gg, Underwater, Evetaku, Commie and many others.

>remember that by 2008 CR was big enough to attract 4 million dollars of investment
Remember that CR didn't do a single thing by themselves at that time and they were just stealing from fansubbers.
>>
>>146824594
That assumes that there was a totally universal 0 effect of CR on torrent numbers, which is almost certainly nonsensical.
>>
>>146824692
>Remember that CR didn't do a single thing by themselves at that time and they were just stealing from fansubbers.

That's literally the exact same thing I'm asying, their website was taking their work and people were just going to CR for it instead of as Daiz said, the torrents and other avenues.

The only thing we're disagreeing on is the impact CR had on this change.
>>
>>146824707
Only total morons who don't even know how to use torrents used CR back then.

>>146824747
They had no effect on the change. The change was done by fansubbers alone and it had nothing to do with CR.
>>
>>146824810
I call bullshit on both cases, a hell of a lot of people are lazy fucks who don't care and will get it from wherever is easiest, a big streaming site that doesn't have a fuckton of popups? that's gonna get attention from people who were previously torrenting, especially the people who got shit like rmvbs.

Maybe they were doing it that way, I mean as far as I know the groups I remember following back then were all reasonable, GG were definitely somewhat guilty of it tho at least to the best of my recollection. But the fact that many of the ones who had those fanbases died killed that kind of product.
>>
>>146824882
The reason CR is big now is because it's faster than fansubs. That's by far the biggest reason for their relevance (another small part is morons who believe they support the industry sufficiently by buying CR subscription*) now and literally the only reason why HS has so many downloads. Before CR went legal it was by definition always slower and offered products of lower quality because >streaming.
I'm not seeing a single reason why someone who knows how to torrent would use old CR.

*CR does send money back to Japan based on revenue but importing a single BD would have bigger effect than a decade of your CR subscription
>>
File: 1472529892216.png (362KB, 765x720px)
1472529892216.png
362KB, 765x720px
>>146824594
Shut the fuck up fakkufaggot, you're a fucking hypocritical asscancer I'll fucking kill you if I ever find out where you live
>>
>>146825101
>I'm not seeing a single reason why someone who knows how to torrent would use old CR.

lazy, not being interested in being 100% up to date, etc.

You assume everyone is in your model, they aren't. As I said before CR attracted 4 million dollars of investment before it did anything legal. It was huge even in 08.
>>
>>146825203
>lazy, not being interested in being 100% up to date, etc.
Such people wouldn't care either way so they couldn't possibly have any effect on the change happening.

>>146825166
That's a common knowledge, newfag.
>>
>>146824882
>I call bullshit on both cases

Well, you're completely wrong when it comes to fansubs changing things. The pressure to change came from inside, not from external sources like CR. I know because I was literally involved and was among the fansubbers actively pushing for those practices.
>>
>>146825403
A hypocrite defending other hypocrites
Whov would of guessed
>>
>>146825166
>>146825574
What I've done aligns pretty much exactly with what I've talked about when it comes to digital distribution for years. It's solely on you if you weren't actually paying attention.
>>
>>146825574
What? Where am I showing hypocrisy and where am I defending a hypocrite? If you're throwing such accusations so easily you should be able to answer, right?
>>
>>146825647
It still makes you a hypocrite and DMCA requests take down fansubbers' wordpress and other websites
>hurr let's pretend to be saints and forget we hosted fansubbed translations
>>nevermind the thousands of takedown notices we are sending to websites exactly like ours before we scored a deal
>somehow still holier than thou
>>146825647
I thought you were daiz without the trip since you replied to my response to him
>>
>>146800489
I only buy what I've seen. And so far I've only seen 1 episode of Lupin.
>>
File: 1468217023480.png (208KB, 993x1010px)
1468217023480.png
208KB, 993x1010px
>>146825810
You seem to be confusing the actions of FAKKU with those of Wanimagazine - it's the latter that sent mass takedowns to scanlators regarding their content, and while it's shitty from an availability point of view they're certainly fully within their rights to do so.

FAKKU itself really just sends takedowns for its own content, which has obviously nothing to do with scanlation because they're just direct rips of official licensed products.
>>
File: 1472506738962.jpg (81KB, 379x364px) Image search: [Google]
1472506738962.jpg
81KB, 379x364px
>>146826174
Wani gained ground thanks to the deal with fakku and sadpanda and other sites has received notices from fakku about work you might/will translate so don't try to play the victim here
Thanks for the screenshot though, I'll be sure to add kairakuten BEAST and related artists' works to my hentai magazine folder
>>
>>146826419
>Wani gained ground thanks to the deal with fakku

Based on what and how would that be relevant? Copyright holders can send takedowns for stuff they own, and many sites and scanlators respect those.

>>146826419
>sadpanda and other sites has received notices from fakku about work you might/will translate

There's only been like one case where someone was translating MEME50 works from Shitsurakuten before FAKKU picked it up and Jacob sent a mail to the scanlator saying they wouldn't need to because FAKKU will be publishing the book, which it did. That was more informational than anything else.

Besides that it's pretty much all just takedowns for rips of FAKKU's published stuff.
Thread posts: 541
Thread images: 107

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoin at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Posts and uploaded images are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that website. If you need information about a Poster - contact 4chan. This project is not affiliated in any way with 4chan.