[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What the hell was this? This is the most contrived shit ever.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 208
Thread images: 13

File: euphie gunning down nips.png (928KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
euphie gunning down nips.png
928KB, 1280x720px
What the hell was this? This is the most contrived shit ever.
>Haha kill all the Japanese! Oh, oopsie!
What the fuck?
>>
Shit was hilarious. Rarely have i seen a shows writing take such a nosedive in terms of quality.
>>
I was Just thinking of reewatching code geass.
>>
>>146715948
its called a mistake. People make them. Still greatest anime of all time. Only time /a/ was good
>>
>>146715948
Just a prank bro
>>
>>146716256
Yeah, people died because he made an oopsie. It was a fucking disaster and shit conveniently went wrong the exact moment he decides to be edgy in humor and careless despite his powers.
>>
>>146716471
He was warned his geass would become permanent like Mao's.
>>
I remember when Code Geass came out and everything thought it was fucking shit but then all the trolls tricked all future fans into thinking it was good.
>>
That was one of the best moments in anime history
>>
>>146716525
You got it the wrong way around.
>>
Code Geass has never been anything but completely retarded.
>>
Code Geass is as bad as Gundam Wing and they both had some of the same writers
>>
>>146716471
The fact the geass would be permanent was literally established good couple episodes earlier, it wasn't an asspull, it was literally coming from a mile away and Lelouch ignored the warning and kept using it until it went wrong on him at worst possible moment.
>>
>>146717568
>it wasn't an asspull

Opinion discarded.
>>
>>146717669
Do you know whan asspull is you retard? An asspull is something pulled out of the ass that was never hinted about before.

This wasn't an asspull in the slightest since you literally had good 10 episodes leadup to this that all boiled down to CC saying "DUDE ITS GONNA BE PERMANENT IF YOU DONT STOP ABUSING IT AND GO OFF AT WRONG MOMENT".

And it fucking did.

IF A GUN IS HANGING ON THE WALL IN THE FIRST ACT, IT HAS TO GO OFF IN THE THIRD ACT

BASIC WRITING YOU PIECE OF SHIT

GET CANCER AND DIE BECAUSE YOU HAVE THE ATTENTION SPAN OF A FUCKING FLY
>>
>>146715948
>not casually joking about genocide with your cousin
You must be a real party-animal, OP.
>>
>>146715948
You should have been here when it happened.
>>
>>146717718
>Lelouch randomly going completely out of character is not an asspull

Opinion discarded.
>>
>>146716525
For fuck’s sake…
Alright, Word Of Power time. It’s Grinman. Always has been, always will be. Not Cockmongler. I’m not saying this towards the trolls who’ve flooded this thread with Cockmongler shit – they’ve no hope already. I’m saying this for your benefit – the Anonymous onlooker. You may be new and know nothing about this yet, or you may be old and just plain ignorant. But it’s not Cockmongler. It started a few months ago, and it’s everywhere. Take it from me. It’s Grinman. You don’t have to believe me, but I recommend that you do. If you don’t, just keep it in the back of your head…the last flickering candle of truth. He’s the Grinman. Not Cockmongler. Have some Longcat too (not Cocksucking cat).
>>
File: 1450349868378.png (539KB, 1059x595px) Image search: [Google]
1450349868378.png
539KB, 1059x595px
>>146715948
To think that he could've just told her to suck his dick.
>>
>>146717718
That's not what the asspull was. The asspull is that he happened to use the example "kill all the Japanese". What the fuck? Why would you say that? It's such a random thing to say, and it conveniently moves the plot forward. There was nothing wrong with Euphy's plan, and this is the only way the writers could continue the story.
>>
>>146717804
This actually would have been a much more plausible accidental use of his Geass. Something trivial, like this or "give me $100"
>>
>>146717762
Out of character fucking how?

>>146717830
>The asspull is that he happened to use the example "kill all the Japanese".
Did you miss the part that the "kill all japanese" was taken out of fucking context from a longer sentence you fucking retard? He didn't deliberately use a geass on her and tell her "yo go kill da eleven bitch ass niggaz". He was fucking talking with her and his geass activated mid-sentence making half the fucking sentence act like a geass order.

I swear average intelligence of /a/utists is sub 80, I don't even know why the fuck do I bother.
I bet you also think that Lelouch sacrificing himself at the end is also an out of character asspull?

Protip, Lelouch is not a psychopatic sociopath serial killer with a god complex as say fucking Yagami Light.
>>
>>146715948
Fucking kill yourself. Not only was this one of the best episodes in one of the best anime of all time, but it was such a monumental episode for /a/ in general. And the episode itself was brilliant; it was brutal and shocking and bewildering at the same time. It showed the dangers of Geass as well as the rage and betrayal that the 11s felt at Britannia for causing this massacre. It was glorious. I can rewatch this episode over and over again and always enjoy it for being so over the top.
>>
>>146717906
>Out of character fucking how?

You didn't even watch the show, did you? Troll.
>>
>>146717952
>I have no argument so I will resort to ad hominem.
Okay, thanks for proving my point.
>>
>>146717965
>hurr durr im lelouch i never make jokes let alone really random edgy jokes
>does exactly that when his geass is perma activated

not an asspull!
>>
>>146717998
>>hurr durr im lelouch i never make jokes let alone really random edgy jokes
I see you missed all the fucking time he interacted with Nunally and acted like a human bean rather than a robot.
He acted similarly around Euphie because she's very similar to Nunally and he has no reason to hate her like rest of his shitty inbred family that only cares about the line of succession.
>>
I still can't phantom how it took people longer than two episodes to realize this show was a brainless soap opera. For goodness sake all of Lelouch's "brilliant strategies" amount to opening convenient trap doors underneath his enemies like Snidely Whiplash or something.
>>
>>146717906
I understand that it was unintentional. What's stupid is that he was using that sentence as an example in the first place. He says something along the lines of "my Geass can command you to do anything, for example, if I told you to kill all the Japanese, you would have no choice but to do so." Do you not see how random and out of fucking no where that example is? Anyone else would say "for example, if I told you to make me dinner, you would have no choice but to do so" other more plausible examples would be:

Suck my dick
Give me $100
Be friends with Rivalz
Act like a cow all day
Attend a Nickelback concert
Etc.

His "kill all the Japanese" example was incredibly weird, and very, very convenient to the plot. Bad writing.
>>
>>146718054
Every single one of his plans were entirely fueled by plot armor. Here's how the show should have ended
>Lelouch, Kallen, and fuckboy stroll up in the Clovismobile
>Orange: kill them all
>end
>>
>>146716256
>Still greatest anime of all time
I really hope this is bait
>>
>>146718065
>Be friends with Rivalz
There are some things even the power of the king can't make happen
>>
>>146718397
It's the most ENJOYABLE anime of all time. It's not perfect of course. It has its few flaws, though they're all minor anyway.
>>
"hey, how about this for a joke, I COULD MAKE YOU COMMIT GENOCIDE LOL"

"Oh shit, I fucked up, should I geass people to take the weapon and subdue you? Nah I'll let you and the guards slaughter hundreds of people"

That said, it's still not as fucking stupid as Britannia constantly losing track of huge fucking mechs in the middle of highly populated areas.
>>
>>146718611
It was just a prank
>>
>>146718397
It is. The comment about it being the only time /a/ was good is proof of that.
>>
>>146715948
welcome to anime
>>
>>146716243
are you me
>>
>>146717804
lelou doesn't think with his dick

>>146718397
hello newfriend
>>
>>146718959
>lelou doesn't think with his dick
And see what happened? If he wanted his sister's lips around his cock, she would be still alive.

Love thy sisters.
>>
>>146718685
I miss those times. Not like /a/ hasn't had its moments but he longest running one was with this show
>>
The whole point was to provoke a WTF reaction, which wouldn't really happen if they did it in a more vanilla way, so the stunt worked just as intended.

Other than that, anyone with a brain could tell from a mile away that this situation wasn't going to end happily.
>>
>>146717511
Perhaps in your mind, but Code Geass does not have anything in common with Gundam Wing beyond the fabulous outfits.
>>
>>146717762
It wasn't out of character though. He was boasting and using rhetoric. Not to mention he has a history of messing up.
>>
>>146718116
You literally could say that about most anime though. Even Death Note would have ended very quickly in the real world, with Light either never getting caught or being arrested as soon as the FBI shit happened.
>>
>>146717830
There were plenty of things wrong with Euphy's plan and there were plenty of ways the writers could have continued the story. They just picked the one that was the most over-the-top.
>>
>>146719659
Light getting singled out so quickly was because of his god complex, so an actual character flaw

In Code Geass every other character just randomly acts completely retarded whenever the plot deems it
>>
>>146719754
Character flaws can co-exist with plot armor. That goes for Light and also for Lelouch too.

Either way, Code Geass always portrayed the vast majority of Britannians as overconfident and pompous nobles right from episode one. Orange's behavior was neither random nor out of character.
>>
>This is the most contrived shit ever
>>
>>146719976
Yawn. Villain has traps in his fortress.
>>
>>146719976
Everything about Rolo is way more contrived than that
>>
I'll never truly understand why there are people who didn't get the show was openly going for artifice, exaggeration and even quasi-farce almost every step of the way. Contrivances were part of its presentation, not mistakes.
>>
>>146720097
People attack the show for its retarded plot holes because fans actually defend the retarded plot holes.
>>
>>146719926
Haha no. Orange was impulsive and easy to anger. He probably would have immediately ordered to shoot if they were just ordinary parade jackers, let alone parade jackers in the car of a dead prince.
>>
>>146717830
Oh, please. That line was 100% in Lelouche's character and something he'd say. The only reason people get mad about this is because they didn't expect Euphemia to die in such a manner. There's far shittier writing in Geass, even in S1, than this.
>>
>>146720175
Eh, I've seen plenty of things that aren't even "plot holes" be called so.
>>
>>146720325
When did Orange ever act so angrily in the previous three episodes? Nowhere. He wanted the spotlight and set up a totally unnecessary caravan just to take Suzaku to his trial. He was so up his own ass that he found the sudden Clovismobile amusing rather than needing to be destroyed or stopped.
>>
>>146720097

Think it's largely because when the show was airing, it seemed like it was trying to be death note with mech so plot holes and bullshit gets amplified.
>>
>>146721137
That might be what some folks wanted out of it, but it's kind of ironic in retrospect. Their respective premieres established DN as more of a detective story while CG was loudly aiming for soap opera appeal.
>>
>>146719570
Sunrise
>>
>>146720175
Pointing out plot holes is the lowest form of criticism.
>>
>>146716243
I just did, so fucking good it was felt like it was my first time watching it.
>>
What was the fucking point of the white-haired guy with a hard-on for CC?
>>
>>146723038
Geass losing control, other users, CCs backstory and character, Suzaku's muh .01 second
>>
>>146723038
To show when Geass goes too far, it's actually a little bit disturbing to think of being unable to stop hearing everyones internal monologue
>>
File: 1472455894502.gif (364KB, 540x300px) Image search: [Google]
1472455894502.gif
364KB, 540x300px
>>146723038
To give Suzaku an excuse to kick a fucking turret

>>146723748
>hearing everyone's thoughts of a shitty anime they actually like
>pic related
>>
Everyone watched Geass because it was so over-the-top ridiculous. I don't think anyone watched it expecting it to be a serious show; really, we all just wanted to see how bad it could get. And it delivered.

I think the only people who are confused by Geass are those who misunderstood why the rest of us love it.
>>
File: this fuckin guy....jpg (8KB, 259x194px) Image search: [Google]
this fuckin guy....jpg
8KB, 259x194px
>>146716256
>Still greatest anime of all time.
>>
>>146716256
This. I wasn't here when it aired, but it's widely accepted as a fact. If you disagree, you're a troll.
>>
>>146716256
No wonder anime is a trash medium when the likes of Code Geass are considered good.
>>
>>146724637
>having good taste makes you a troll

Kill yourself.
>>
>>146724637
>If you disagree, you're a troll.
Nice damage control.
>>
>>146716256
/a/ was never good
>>
>>146716256
>Still greatest anime of all time
Lol nope, but it was pretty good. 7/10 first season, 8/10 2nd.

Also OP's scene was one of the best in the series.
>>
>>146724153
This. It's not good in the classical sense but it's masterfully entertaining. Everybody thinks the writers were pulling shit out of their asses, but CG's special brand of shitshow takes planning.
>>
>>146715948
Not really contrived. It was already foreshadowed that Geass power can go out of control as shown with Mao. Secondly, the point is to illustrate the simple concept of how we sometimes don't have control over little things in our life regardless of our intentions. This one little thing has suddenly spiraled into something tragic. It shows just how scary the power of Geass can be and how much of a risk it is to the user.
>>
>>146724153
That's only part of the equation, but more or less. Code Geass was definitely focused on being entertaining and embraced its ridiculousness quite often. The thing is, that's not inherently "bad" unless you feel it is doing something wrong or that they weren't aiming for it. Which isn't true.

Either way, it was still a series that could also get pretty damn interesting at times and ended on a fairly good note. Anyone who could appreciate that was not watching only for "how bad it could get" either.
>>
>people don't know what contrived is

Look. It was absolutely contrived. The authors wanted something to happen. In order to force it to happen they made up some idiotic bullshit to get their way. It was stupid and obvious after the fact. That's exactly the definition of contrived.
>>
>>146725399
Goodness is a social construct. I'd say there was a method to the madness and a desire to amuse the audience, thus the entertainment value is not due to incompetence.
>>
>>146726014
It is contrived. Just like Lelouch finding a girl who gives him a superpower or Suzaku finding a mecha.
>>
>>146725718
It was fucking retarded.
The only point of that scene is to make Lelouch an unforgivable character, the "turning point" but making it be an accident so he's still somewhat likable.
The problem is that there's a million ways you could've done it without it being retarded.
>>
>>146726099
>there's a million ways you could've done it without it being retarded.
It's fucking Sunrise
>>
>>146726082
Code Geass has aged like shit.
>>
>literally told this would happen half a series earlier
>people forgetting he canceled a geass order half an episode earlier by blinking in the middle of it
>>
>>146726099
I'd say there are certainly people who don't like him even after the fact, plus he did kill Euphemia entirely out of his own free will and that's no better than what he was planning to do. So the accident was just for extra WTF points, not to avoid making him to questionable stuff. Besides, most of those million ways would be too dry and predictable for a show that had already used a significant dose of insanity and melodrama since day one.
>>
>>146726143
Not an excuse cuck.
>>
>>146717906
hah, my intelligence isn't sub 80, I have over 200 intelligences, I think you must be the one who needs to earn some more intelligence
>>
>>146716209
Watch more anime
>>
>>146715948
It had always Calculon's "All my circuits" level of plot writing. I think there are more than 2 characters getting amnesia at some point just for cheap drama

it was a fun watch anyway, and the ending was good
>>
>>146726177
Well, we still keep seeing that happen even in this day and age. Code Geass isn't the only show with contrivances.
>>
Japan loves the idea of other countries committing atrocities so that they ignore their own atrocities.
>>
>>146717669
>asspull

Guess what the definition of this word is.
>>
>>146726292
>he believes the Nanking hoax
>>
>>146726264
The amnesia part was the worst gimmick in the entire series, truth be told. If you removed that whole concept, it'd make a huge difference for me even if everything else remained unchanged.
>>
>>146726254
most anime is not considered good. code geass is considered good which is hilarious given all the retarded writing.
>>
>>146726235
I know it isn't, I just wonder why you were expecting anything else
>>
>>146717762
R1 Lelouch is an edgefag on a powertrip. It was completely in character.
>>
>>146726292
Suzaku's dad was a horrible prick though.
>>
>>146726372
I don't think you understand why it's considered good, it's BECAUSE it's writing is fucking ridiculous, I haven't seen a show that intentionally retarded and stupid and yet still captivating in years
>>
>>146726231
Euphemia was under the power of his Geass.
He would've kept killing elevens for the rest of her life, killing her was the best thing to do.
He made it happen so he's to blame, but killing her wasn't "evil", it was making the best out of a shitty situation, he becomes a hero and gets more support while Britannia's opinion gets destroyed and frees Euphemia from the geass that turned her into a psycho, something she'd rather die than become.
>>
>>146726372
You'd be surprised. Almost every show airing this season has fans that considered it good.

As for Code Geass itself people think it's good because the series gave them entertainment, one way or another, and that's the number one goal of everything in this medium.
>>
>>146717830
The safe zone being a trap was a clear thought that all elevens had, including Lelouch. His original plan from an episode before was to literally kill a bunch of the Japanese at her ceremony to ruin her special zone.

Hence why he used it as an example with her.
>>
>>146726486
Objectively speaking, Zero could have imprisoned Euphemia or given her to Suzaku and let him sort out of the fallout from the Geass order without passing judgment so quickly. Killing her was Lelouch thinking he could decide on his own about what was best. That's not exactly an ethical decision, IMHO.
>>
>>146726456
>intentionally

Are Code Geass fags that deluded?
>>
>>146726099
>The only point of that scene is to make Lelouch an unforgivable character

There were multiple points actually. Another reason is to illustrate C.C. saying the "power of the kings will condemn you to a life of solitude" which Geass did by eliminating those closest to Lelouch. Secondly, of course that whole scene was retarded. But because of how retarded it is, the scene is that much more impactful. It's incredibly frustrating when you feel you're in control but then one small thing happens, one very small thing, and suddenly everything is the opposite. Lelouch always felt like he was in control, that he was this perfect, methodical strategist. That scene was a huge slap in the face to him and showed us that he isn't nearly as perfect as we think he is. That he is also capable of stupid things too. The point wasn't to make it logical but make it as stupid as possible to illustrate Lelouch's flaws.
>>
>>146718611
Geass cannot be used twice on the same person in a short time frame IIRC.
>>
>>146726602
It is, I refuse to believe anyone wrote Charles or Orange as a serious character meant to be taken seriously
>>
>>146726587
>Zero could have imprisoned Euphemia or given her to Suzaku and let him sort out of the fallout from the Geass order without passing judgment so quickly.
For what purpose? She's completely gone.
All she'll ever think for the rest of her life is killing every nip she sees.
>>
>>146726612
>guys it was supposed to be retarded!
Lelouch was already portrayed as an imperfect strategist when he got outplayed by Cornelia and Suzaku's multiple times, making him into a literal retard wasn't necessary.
>>
>>146726456
That's a bullshit excuse. If it's shit, it's shit.
>>
>>146726627
Can't be used twice period. The only way to get around that is getting rid of the original geas and applying a new geas. You can't Cu Chulainn someone with two contradictory geasa for example.
>>
>>146726602
Not as deluded as Code Geass critics who don't realize the truth about the intentions involved, despite it being publicly available.
>>
>>146726014
Everything in a written work is contrived.
>>
>>146726648
Considering they picked that character design for Charles because he looked sort of funny, you're not far from the mark.
>>
>>146726648
The anime industry is full of retarded writers. The writing in Code Geass is as bad as the writing in Naruto.
>>
>>146726334

>>146726372
The writing of a show does not have to be perfectly logically consistent to be considered good.
>>
>>146726652
Charles could have fixed her.
>>
God how I miss Code Geass Sundays!
>>
>>146726722
You're definitely free to have that opinion.
>>
>>146726860
Charles doesn't give a fuck about anything but his euphoric plan, anon.
>>
File: Kaname_Ohgi.png (240KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Kaname_Ohgi.png
240KB, 1280x720px
Never forgive. Never forget.
>>
>>146726602
Code Geass was intentionally written to have absurdities and suspense of belief. This was clearly stated by the writers.
>>
>>146726860
Charles is a cunt though
>>
>>146726757
Criticizing Code Geass would probably be too much of a chore for any actual serious critic.
>>
>>146726852
The writers for Code Geass were explicitly aware of the silliness in their work, because that was part of the fun, and weren't trying to avoid it. Quite the opposite. So it's not a matter of retardation, which involves ignorance or unawareness.
>>
>>146726721
How exactly was he "made a literal retard"?
>>
>>146726854
The funny thing is it's consistently implausible, so there's a twisted logic to that.
>>
File: 1374946870850.jpg (81KB, 960x540px) Image search: [Google]
1374946870850.jpg
81KB, 960x540px
>>146726976
Like I could
>>
>>146726852
The writers of Code Geass have clearly stated that suspension of disbelief was a key part of the show.
>>
>>146726854
>The writing of a show does not have to be perfectly logically consistent to be considered good.

and that's why anime is the lowest form of enterntainment
>>
File: 1418013043857.gif (2MB, 320x223px) Image search: [Google]
1418013043857.gif
2MB, 320x223px
>>146715948
The greatest asspull there ever was or will be

Fucking amazing
>>
>>146727017
Only if they go for "death of the author" and just criticize everything in Code Geass in and of itself from a standard paradigm, which in turn ignores intentionality by default.
>>
>>146727063
>he's told and he's seen how you can lose control of your Geass at any moment
>he's even specifically told that in his case it'll make the geass be always on
>out of all possible examples you can pick (and they are literally countless) pick the one that can fuck everything up in unsalvageable ways for no fucking reason
Well that last meme arrow isn't actually true, there was a natural reason why he chose "kill all your japanese" to explain his powers to Euphemia: because that way the plot could move forward and Euphemia would have a reason to die, or more specifically, to be killed by Lelouch.
>>
>>146727163
Not really when shit like Game of Thrones is considered worthy of an Emmy, and that makes Code Geass look coherent and deep in comparison
>>
>>146727163
Your average American tv show is complete bullshit so...

I don't get why a medium mostly meant for 12-22 year olds is held to a high standard for plot writing.
>>
>>146727163
No worse than my American cartoons.
>>
>>146727259
>Not really when shit like Game of Thrones is considered worthy of an Emmy, and that makes Code Geass look coherent and deep in comparison
It literally doesn't.
Code Geass is several steps below shit like GoT.
>>
>>146727273
Pretty much. Anime is made for children and manchildren. It's not aiming for high literature or super profound quality most of the time.
>>
>>146726648
Based on all the commentary tracks, they sure didn't.
>>
>>146727259
What? Game of Thrones is garbage but it still has better writing that Code Geass.
>>
>>146727253
>>he's told and he's seen how you can lose control of your Geass at any moment
It is implied to him, but not made explicitly clear.
>>he's even specifically told that in his case it'll make the geass be always on
Once again. This was implied. Not made explicitly clear.
>>out of all possible examples you can pick (and they are literally countless) pick the one that can fuck everything up in unsalvageable ways for no fucking reason
He could have said many many many more things that would have fucked up the situation.

Once again, I direct everyone who criticizes the Euphinator scene towards my comment>>146726520
>>
>>146727336
Which is why Code Geass is nothing but overrated trash.
>>
Checkmate
>>
>>146727461
>*farts*
>>
>>146727328
GoT is chalked full of asspulls and plot holes.

R1 > GoT > R2
>>
>>146727490
>It is implied to him, but not made explicitly clear.
>Once again. This was implied. Not made explicitly clear.
You fucking nigger what about the white-haired douche that showed him what happens to people that take the Geass too far?
>>
>>146727280
Adventure time is better than Code Geass
>>
>>146727570
Depends on the season but at its worse is not really that much worse when compared to CG.
>>
I like how we're still arguing about this moment 10 years later.
>>
File: 1455517885092s.jpg (3KB, 125x125px) Image search: [Google]
1455517885092s.jpg
3KB, 125x125px
>>146727530
>>146727570

>weebs actually believe garbage like code geass is better than garbage like got
>>
>>146727515
Sure, Code Geass is definitely overrated and includes trashy elements, but it's still enjoyable. Very few things made in the same style have worked out for me.
>>
>>146717762
>>146717830

What the fuck, anon? He said that he could make her do anything, even something that she would oppose, like "Kill all the japanese".

Did you even watch the same anime I did?
>>
>>146727590
Adventure Time and Code Geass have extremely different goals and methods though Not same genres..
>>
>>146727662
Say whatever you want mate, at least Code Geass didn't have an old man poo his pants as some sort of bizarre comedy routine
>>
File: lr_Group-0089.jpg (144KB, 577x850px) Image search: [Google]
lr_Group-0089.jpg
144KB, 577x850px
>>146715948
Anon, nobody watches this series for the lack of contrivance in its plot. We watch it for the hot spaghetti anatomy chicks and the stupid over the type hijinks.

Like how Gottwald winds up flying a giant orange into combat. Or how they keep trying to make a giant pizza at the school festival using a giant robot.
>>
>>146727662
Both are garbage but Game of Thrones pretends to be less than what it is and people praise it for depth.
>>
>>146727728
According to the many posters in this thread, Code Geass had a girl killing a bunch of japanese as some sort of bizarre comedy routine.
>>
>>146727728
The old man was actually pretending to be retarded, so it's actually surprisingly similar to Code Geass in that regard.
>>
>>146727728
>>146727935
checkmate
>>
>>146727935
That was one of the only parts that wasn't absurdist comedy, that and Ground Zero Tokyo
>>
>>146727935
There's dark comedy value in Code Geass so that's not too strange. Consider how they drew her smiling while shooting a machine gun or reloading and then tell me they weren't chewing it all up as they ahead went with it.
>>
>>146728070
*went ahead
>>
>>146727572
IIRC, he never told Lelouch that it was permanent and would actually activate Lelouch's power.

It was only implied by him and CC.
>>
>>146728203
I remember CC literally telling him Mao has no off switch and that's something that could happen to him
>>
File: LaughingNormas.jpg (130KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
LaughingNormas.jpg
130KB, 1280x720px
>>146726456
>He missed Cross Ange
Fucking Norma lover.
>>
>>146728274
This and Vulvarape are the closest successors to Code Geass' special breed of insanity and convoluted characterization
>>
>>146727187
This must be bait. I think Code Geass is fun shit but it is below Hunger Games in terms of how shallow it is.
>>
>>146728333
Didn't like either of them as much as Code Geass but they had their moments.
>>
>>146726587
Anon, after Mark the Wall Girl went back to America, she had to be physically restrained every night because she attempts to swim the Pacific Ocean in order to mark the fucking wall.

There is no room for error after fucking up a Geass that badly.
>>
>>146727935
No one ITT has said that scene was comedic. No one.
>>
>>146728378
I've never seen Hunger Games so I can't compare it to Code Geass to be honest.
>>
>>146728412
It's less of an outright joke and more HERE'S SOMETHING CRAAAAAZY
>>
>>146728378
At least the characters weren't as retarded and unlikable.
>>
File: 1470856301397.gif (248KB, 400x280px) Image search: [Google]
1470856301397.gif
248KB, 400x280px
>>146728378
Code Geass is better then young adult fiction.

Not by much, but it is. And I was merely saying that I really, really liked the Euphemia asspull, it was just so out of nowhere on so many levels it was fucking enjoyable.
>>
>>146728271
Was this before or after?

It is perfectly imaginable that Lelouch would make the mistake of not foolproofing the possibilty of his geass going permanent.

The only logical criticism I can see is of Lelouch saying "kill all the Japanese" as an example.

But I explain why it is plausible here>>146726520
>>
>>146728565
I think C.C. told him that in two different scenes and slightly more cryptic about what could happen to Lelouch, but it was during the Mao episodes.
>>
>>146728565
I think it was when she's explaining who he is to her, it's during the train ride if I remember right
>>
>>146725883
I didn't mean to imply people only watched it for the awful bits - I enjoyed it too. It came out around the same time as TTGL, and the two were practically in competition with each other.

It feels like fans nowadays can't appreciate the context, and just think it's supposed to be a serious show, and the reviews on Netflix or Crunchyroll or wherever lied to them.

You can't predict Code Geass. I've never felt so excited by cliffhangers since then (save the first few episodes of Shingeki no Kyojin before we were all disappointed by how horrible it actually was). It was a show that delivered without holding anything back, it occasionally felt like fan-fiction of its own original source material, and it still managed to leave you feeling warm and happy.

People who rage take Geass way too seriously, and I just can't understand why when the show is set up the way it is. But I really do think some context of the times is lacking in a lot of these complaints.
>>
>>146728412
Did you even read the thread? People are saying the silliness in Code Geass was deliberate, which means scenes like Euphemia killing the nips were meant to be comedic.
>>
>>146718065
>Anyone else would say "for example, if I told you to make me dinner, you would have no choice but to do so"
No they wouldn't, that's completely benign. It betrays how powerful the Geass is. Most people would absolutely use something absurd as an example, like mass murder, to demonstrate how absolute the power is.
>>
>>146728846
>People are saying the silliness in Code Geass was deliberate, which means scenes like Euphemia killing the nips were meant to be comedic
I think they're saying it's a show that shouldn't be taken too seriously, the Euphemia shit came out of nowhere because that was the intention of the show, it was meant to be really fucking weird and tragic and bizarre in comparison to the silly shit that happened every week before that with super samurai mech man and Orange and Lelouch killing entire towns with landslides and laughing about it
>>
>>146728846
It is deliberate. The question is to what extent and what kind of humor. That's why the concept of tragicomedy or dark humor exist: serious topics like death or murder aren't excluded from having a veneer of self-parody.

You can point to a lot of scenes in Code Geass and say "this scenes was more serious than comedic, but it had comedic elements" and vice versa.
>>
>>146728515
you're just a weeb anon. even shit like the perks of being a wallflower has better writing than code geass.
>>
>>146728846
It is deliberately shitty, if people are arguing is because some people literally think that there's nothing wrong with CG's writing, while most of the people just enjoy it for what it is: an over-the-top shitshow.
>>
>>146728651
>>146728695
Okay.

>>146728846
Yes. And they are not saying the Euphinator scene was comedic.
>>
>>146729033
I mean, I don't read YA so I honestly wouldn't know.

Trying to compare different writings mediums to eachother arbitrary is stupid anyhow. Of course a book is going to have more depth of writing, it's a book. Anime is a visual medium. Not excusing the writing in any way, but really trying to say YA is better written then Geass is pretty redundant.
>>
>>146729033
>shit
>the perks of being a wallflower

Fuck you. That was a good movie.
>>
>>146716209
Are you high? It was exactly that level of shit from day 1.
>>
>>146728959
It's a little of column A and a little of column B. The staff sure as halle weren't taking Code Geass incredibly seriously and the audience should expect the show to reflect this in one of several different ways.

Aside from the whole thing about the staff anonymously giving spoilers and answering questions from the audience during S1.

The tragic part is only that neither Suzaku nor Lelouch are happy with this event and it makes both of them sad/angry. But the exact details of how it happens, plus at least a couple of the scenes used during the genocide itself, do have some tongue-in-cheek value, including Zero's fabulous posing when he declares the US of J, or the previously mentioned showcasing of Euphy's smiling while murdering people with a machine gun. Or how about Nina's insane face after her death is made public. You're not meant to sympathize with Nina, it's there to tell you she's freaking nuts.
>>
>>146729033
code geass isn't even that deep among anime but it's definitely deeper than that.
>>
>>146729129
> Anime is a visual medium
So are movies and TV shows?
>>
>>146729258
Nina fucked a desk dude, she could never be taken seriously until she somehow becomes the table humping Einstein of the world
>>
>>146716209
The next three episodes were legit great though.
>>
>>146729296
Re:Zero is deeper than Code Geass.
>>
>>146718065
>His "kill all the Japanese" example was incredibly weird, and very, very convenient to the plot. Bad writing.
It was used to show how powerful the Geass is. He could order her to do the absolutely fucking opposite of what she wants to achieve, and she wouldn't have any other choice but to do it.
She wanted to save Japan, she wanted to save the Japanese people. Telling her that she would actually kill them if he ordered it was a perfectly valid example because it goes against everything she stands for, yet she would do it.
>>
>>146729369
>Re:Zero is deeper than Code Geass.

Nah, Re Zero has more wish fulfillment.
>>
>>146729369
Harry Potter is deeper than Re:Zero
>>
>>146729458
>It was used to show how powerful the Geass is
Except he literally didn't intend on using the Geass or showing her anything.
He could've said "hate me" and as far as saying something she could never do it'd be the same only less stupid.
>>
>>146729369
That's not saying much. The Star Wars prequels are deeper than Re:Zero.
>>
>>146729582
>Except he literally didn't intend on using the Geass or showing her anything.
Yes, he didn't want to use it, he wanted to explain it, to explain how fucking powerful of a power he has at his command. What better way to explain someone who fucking powerful the mind control is than telling them you could turn them 180 and have them do everything they never wanted to do, to do things they are completely opposing to do, they hate, they hate people that do it?

He could have said a lot of shit, but literally nothing explains how powerful his Geass is like his example did.
>>
>>146729689
I don't know, kill Suzaku would have worked better as an example really
>>
>>146729689
>Yes, he didn't want to use it, he wanted to explain it, to explain how fucking powerful of a power he has at his command. What better way to explain someone who fucking powerful the mind control is than telling them you could turn them 180 and have them do everything they never wanted to do, to do things they are completely opposing to do, they hate, they hate people that do it?
There are a ton of other things he could've said that would've had the same effect like "join me" or "kill Cornelia".
>>
>>146715948
Whoa whoa, you're like nine years too late. Nine (9) years. Sorry bout that newfriend.
Now please kill yourself.
>>
>>146729741
No, it wouldn't.
Lelouch doesn't know she's lusting for Suzaku's magical white 11 juice.

>>146729772
Those things make even less sense because for starters, they were there together at a meeting that should decided the future of Eleven's, not Cornelia nor the Black Knights. It was about her trying to make Japan a better place. It was the current topic they were talking about.

If you're talking with someone about X and then you want to give an example about something, using the topic X makes the most sense in most situations because it's the thing you talked about. It's the freshest in memory.

Do you people actually ever talk with other people?
If he tried to explain his Geass to Schneizel or whatever while having a casual chat while playing chess, the best example would be saying how he can force Schneizel to intentionally lose the game. Using the topic at hand makes a great deal of sense, unlike saying kill whatever random person anon is thinking right now or sucking dicks.
>>
>>146729993
>Those things make even less sense because for starters, they were there together at a meeting that should decided the future of Eleven's, not Cornelia nor the Black Knights
Yeah and they're talking about why Lelouch is dressing himself like a fag and killing his brothers and sisters, the elevens are just an excuse, joining him is as contrary to her character as killing people, because it's essentially the same.
>>
File: 1456865630097.jpg (22KB, 336x352px) Image search: [Google]
1456865630097.jpg
22KB, 336x352px
>>146715948
anon this was a fucking asspull disguised as an Oh, oopsie! and this series have another biggest holes in his argument, just deal with them and enjoy the fun parts (and be prepared for another "WTF" moments)
>>
>>146715948
One of the greatest asspull in the history of anime.
Also remove sushi.
Thread posts: 208
Thread images: 13

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.