[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Boogiepop Phantom

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

File: boogie.jpg (29KB, 600x442px) Image search: [Google]
boogie.jpg
29KB, 600x442px
What is your opinion about Boogiepop Phantom?

I think its a great show. Similar to Lain, while not that good its still a nice watch. If the MC was more memorable it would have been better.

The art, direction and sound is amazing.
Eerie mood, nonlinear narrative from different perspectives, dull gray visuals and muted colour palette. The focus in on center of the screen, blured edges. Sound effects are distorted with static noises to create tension. Eeach episode deals with some troubled character and slowly relating eevent to puzzle pieces in greater purpose.

What do you guys think about it?
>>
I liked it, although it was kinda confusing at times.
>>
Its edgy
>>
I really didn't like it.
>>
>>146668734
I couldn't figure out why I should care about anything going on.

Opening and ending were nice though.
>>
>while not that good is a nice watch
>>
>>146668734

The problem is that the MC has done literally nothing to the story that she could easily be excluded.

Otherwise, I like the tone.
>>
I enjoyed it at the time, but I was like 13 and edgy. It doesn't have the depth of Lain, or really any at all. Definitely hasn't withstood the test of time and I am surprised someone is posting about it today.
>>
>>146668734
Boogiepop Phantom (the anime, since you called it "a great show") was alright, but on it's own it sort of sucks. You know it's an imcomplete adaptation that really doesn't give you all of the details you need to know for the story to make sense, right?

It had some good plots (I liked the creepy otaku? guy, and I think there was good scenes with cops talking to each other in a loop or something) and scenes, but it was nothing too special. The music was certainly good, the art was nice, and it had some good shock factor (I remember someone eating the bugs clearly). Keep in mind I haven't watched it since it aired, my memories are fuzzy on this one.

If you liked it, read the source material and you'll get the full picture. The anime is simply not a complete story, just a decent collection of one-of episodes with a bizarre frame around them.
>>
>>146668734
I like it.

Definitely not as good as Lain but the atmosphere and the music are just as memorable and amazing.
Even though the overarching plot makes little sense the standalone stories are enough to carry it. The one about the spider-guy is probably my favorite.

I wish it had more actual Boogiepop but oh well.
It's got one badass ending song.
>>
It was one of the anime that was relevant when I first heard about anime, so I know it exists, and it may end up being one of the next 50-100 tv anime I watch.
I've never known if it's any good, so it's interesting so see what people in this thread think about it. If it's a really shallow deep anime it doesn't sound good, but maybe I'll still watch it. Aired in 2000, so may have to arbitrarily watch it to fill some 2000 quota, that year seems to be pretty lacking in good anime overall
>>
I really like it. Some of the best sound design I've heard in anime.
>>
>>146670424
That's the point, though. Boogiepop is just that much of a dick. He only cleans ups the messes.
>>
>>146673307
Isn't that the whole point of the story? Both life and death are pain, deal with it?
>>
Poom Poom episodes best episodes
>>
>>146673357
Yes, but the thing with Boogiepop is that he's "mechanical" and only appears if something is threatening the world. Too bad he's fucking lazy and won't do anything until the mess is big enough.
>>
>>146673448
I remember they actually explain his name as "I automatically rise to the surface, like bubbles when the water boils" or something to that affect.

So I guess he dosen't have much control.
>>
>>146673614
Yes, but in Boogiepop and Others he surfaces and doesn't do shit except taking with Touka's (his host or whatever) boyfriend. He doesn't really do shit until the mess is so fucking big that involves a lot of the school's students.
>>
File: image.jpg (48KB, 704x480px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
48KB, 704x480px
>20th anniversary of first publication soon

New adaptation coming, boys, believe.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.