[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Do you believe it was for the best that anime turned into a medium

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 52
Thread images: 4

File: 1471224509555.jpg (89KB, 517x638px) Image search: [Google]
1471224509555.jpg
89KB, 517x638px
Do you believe it was for the best that anime turned into a medium intent on selling mangas and LNs with cliffhangers rather than exhibiting complete adaptions?
>>
>>146641111
>turned into
>>
Mekaku was based on an LN and didn't have a cliffhanger.
>>
I stopped caring long ago
>>
File: 1433139460239.jpg (31KB, 327x423px) Image search: [Google]
1433139460239.jpg
31KB, 327x423px
If your adaptation is incomplete, blame it for not selling enough.
>>
>>146641970
I thought that crap sold
>>
>>146641111
I believe it was for the worst that you reposted this shitty bait thread after it got no replies last time.
>>146601905
>>
Anime started with episodic series designed around selling children's toys so I don't think much has really changed.
>>
>>146642336
At least mazinger didnt pretend to have a deep story
The rezero fags of today are insufferable
>>
>>146641160
Yes because it was not always that way, as many series had original endings
>>
>>146642336
Yet for a brief moment it became something beautiful. Now back into the shitheap.
>>
>>146644445
For me the highest point were the scifi OVAs of 20 years ago, I dont care how much /a / shits on them I love them for their backgrounds alone.
>>
>>146644251
>original endings
If we're considering those then yes, incomplete adaptations are a blessing.
>>
>>146644850
I'll take closure over an incomplete ending any day.
>>
>>146644695
Those are still potentially included because they weren't made to sell toys, nor were they made to sell mangas or LNs. Actually I'd say series made to sell toys are still far above a narrative form meant to be a "demo" of another narrative form. At least you can create your own interesting stories with Gundam mechs while shilling toys and aim for it to be a bit more than just a half-assed advertisement, depending on who is doing the series.
>>
>>146644695
>>146645109
There were a ton of 1-3 episode "demo" OVAs with incomplete stories, though, including plenty of sci-fi ones.
>>
>>146642336
At least those toy commercials had fucking endings. "Buy the LN to find out how it ends!" is the worst thing to happen to anime.
>>
Id rather get a shit original ending than no ending at all honestly.
>>
>>146645392
I've only ever seen a few ovas that basically end without any acceptable conclusion because they didn't sell and thus they couldn't continue like Rouge, Sol Bianca, etc. The thing is, that's still noble if they weren't trying to sell anything beyond the work itself. They didn't INTEND to blueball you at the end of the season no matter what--and then if it didnt sell then no S2, or even if it did sell, maybe no S2 anyway. They just had to blueball you because they were starving artists with no money to continue.
>>
Original endings need to make a comeback if you ask me. I'd rather have an original ending than 1-2 seasons and then nothing. If you're going to start something, you better damn well finish it. Fucking nips don't understand this.
>>
>>146645689
>>146645730
>>146645698
Truth.
>>
Usually they will get some sales numbers for BDs in while the show is airing so they will have some idea of what the show is going to sell. Why don't series directors just keep in mind two endings? One if the early BDs sell well that leaves open the plot for a season 2 and then another that has a conclusion to the series if the early BDs don't sell.
>>
>>146641111
Yeah, you are right anon. I miss the days when the anime is "inspired" from its source material and veered completely off instead of following it page by page. This includes a conclusive ending that wrapped everything tightly. At least for the fans you get something new, and for the new people, they get something different that might interest them to pick up the source material.
>>
>>146641179
Some LN stuff will still have a proper conclusion these days. I'm not sure what determines it exactly beyond whether the LN is close to ending or what. For example, Chaika ended properly (if a bit poorly). Maybe some higher profile studios won't take adaption work if they know it will end up incomplete.
>>
>>146645698
Watch more OVAs, then. Or don't, since a lot of the "here's two episodes, buy the manga for the rest!" types are just as awful as you'd expect. But either way, be aware that they existed. Guyver, Dangaioh (not even based on a manga, and I believe it was decently popular, but they just didn't give it a fucking ending), Boku no Marie, Kyoukasho ni Nai!, etc.

>>146645730
Fuck original endings - if you don't tell me what happens in the manga, and I liked your show, then I'm going to read the real ending whether you have an original ending or none, and I'd rather not deal with your shitty filler on top of the real one. I'd rather have had twelve faithful episodes of Bokurano than twenty-four episodes of some retard from Ghibli shitting all over the basic themes because he didn't like dark stories.
>>
>mangas
>>
>>146646118
I guess those ovas are ones that were just made to sell manga yeah. For some reason I never ended up watching those by chance. The ovas I've watched were for the most part all original or if they were adaptions still had an ending.
>>
>>146646165
Nice contribution, please tell us more.
>>
>>146646074
At least some LN adaptations end better than others. Like for Konosuba, it didn't need a S2 to feel standalone.
>>
>>146648999
Kill yourself, nigger.
>>
>>146649077
rude
>>
File: 177.jpg (731KB, 1072x1539px) Image search: [Google]
177.jpg
731KB, 1072x1539px
anyone knows what's going on in manga? kokonotsu its ok or what?
>>
>>146649355
He seems gloomy because summer is over?
Just my guess from that one page
>>
That's probably not their intent. Natsume Yuuchinjou and Working is having as much seasons as possible.
>>
>>146646240
Fuck off. Don't expect serious replies when you type like a fucking retard.
>>
>>146649688
Implying I was OP
>>
>>146649355

Hotaru disappeared and summer has passed. The next page states that winter has arrived.
>>
>>146641179
There's a reason people call it Mekakushitty. It would have been better if it went full-edge and ended with Outer Science.
>>
>>146651370
so gonna end soon i suppose?
>>
>>146651528
No unless sales are down
>>
>>146651528

I have no idea, but I hope not.
>>
>>146641111
Animation studios are paid way too low to make original content. They have no choice but to ride the hype of popular manga. Why do you think they have koreans draw 99% of it? There's no real japanese animation anymore. It's all a lie.
>>
>>146651423
Outer science isn't even the edgiest part of the story. Kido's backstory is.
>>
>>146651783
do you know if hotaru and kokonotsu have made some progress?
>>
File: 1306013748969.jpg (385KB, 1400x1019px) Image search: [Google]
1306013748969.jpg
385KB, 1400x1019px
>>146641111
Meh
Its either or
As bad as cliff hangers are, it helps manga and LN's get more readers, which helps them sell more, which helps the authors be able to write more instead of looking for supplementary form of income. And more chapters and more sales leads to more anime.

Manga is always better than anime, so if anime helps manga, thats good.

However, if a show becomes popular, they'll demand more and deliver filler. Or even worse the authors become fucking lazy because their balls aren't as close to the bandsaw anymore.

Look at It's Not My Fault That I'm Not Popular.
It was on a strict 2 week schedule, then it got anime, then it became sporadically released.

It just started getting back on schedule, and its still stumbling to keep with it.

One-punch Man used to come out every week when it started, as it got closer to the anime, the more it became monthly or longer. It still isn't on the same track.

And lets not forget Black Lagoon.

I would mention HOTD, but it has always been shit updates, in fact the anime made the author put it out fast for about a year, now it hasn't been touched in like 4 years.

And because The Daily Life Of High School Boys sold like shit, the author sadquit and ended the manga abruptly like 4 months later.

So if a show sells like shit, it sometimes dashes the hopes of the author, because I would say most now-a-days intended for their series to be anime, but wrote it as an LN or manga to get their foot in the door.
>>
>>146654069
I cant really blame mangaka for taking a break the moment they can if they get popular, its a pretty brutal world
>>
>>146653066

Well, Kokonotsu was originally going to watch a fireworks display with Saya and Tou, but he decided to ditch them and asked Hotaru to go with him. She says "Just the two of us?" and Kokonotsu blushes.

The next chapter, they're running late as they ride his bike. He dwells on the phrasing Hotaru used. She stops him and they sit on a bench. Hotaru says that it's a good opportunity to talk with him because she's been wanting to talk for awhile. As they do so, the fireworks explode and Hotaru gives her winning popsicle stick to him and grabs him by the shoulders, asking him to hold onto it because she's rather forgetful.

The next chapter is where that page comes from. Hotaru hasn't been seen in awhile, and he's moping around town, clearly missing her.

This is what I was able to gleam from the chapters from the last few weeks via Google Translate and an anon who told me what she was saying to Kokonotsu as she was holding onto him.
>>
>>146654194
well that's sound like the beginning of the end for me, man i really hope that the manga gets translate faster , once a month is not enough
>>
>>146654069
>Manga is always better than anime
Beware people who make black and white statements.
>>
>>146655653

>once a month is not enough

The manga chapters are usually eight pages or ten at the most. I don't understand why they don't come out faster. It's not like there's much redrawing to do like Jitsu wa Watashi wa either.
>>
I'd like everyone to consider whether they'd rather have series with conflicts that are never resolved or series with conflicts that are resolved, even if that resolution is not handled well. What value is there in an anime like Rokka no Yuusha? Will people say how they loved it 10 years from now, or how it was a hidden gem? Or will it be looked at as refuse, a waste, trash that is incomplete and will never be finished?
>>
>>146641111
>kokonatsu today we'll talk about /ss/
Thread posts: 52
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.