[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What does /a/ think of Thunderbolt Fantasy?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 7

What does /a/ think of Thunderbolt Fantasy?
>>
It'd be better as a feature-length film than a weekly show. Also not anime.
>>
Urobuchi's head looks like a tomato.
>>
It's Thunderbolt Fantastic.
>>
File: 1470602900731.jpg (102KB, 640x440px) Image search: [Google]
1470602900731.jpg
102KB, 640x440px
I really like it. If it was anime, it would be my anime of the season.
>>
underrated

it's nice to see more chinese-fantasy shows getting produced, there's a couple in this season alone
>>
>>146600139
The puppets are way bigger than I expected.
>>
i'm torn between Kei Gai and Tan Hi
>>
File: 1471612770201.jpg (53KB, 406x857px) Image search: [Google]
1471612770201.jpg
53KB, 406x857px
>>146600139
Undisputed AOTS. It also have best boy of the season.
>>
>>146603173
Kei Gai is for passionate lovemaking and wild sex
Tan Hi is for marrying and holding hands with.
>>
>>146604149
Sage isn't a downvote, fucking newfag.
>>
I'm really liking it so far!
The conversations are very VN-like, but the action and pacing are very nice, and the story and character actions are reminiscent of an RPG.
>>
>>146600139
Really more like a Wuxia DnD with a few Urobuchi touches.

Just a few thing I noticed:

1) Vapeduck is after the collection of swords that the Bones of Heaven has hoarded. He probably was never interested in the Tengyoken, other than a means to get Kei Gai to join his party.

2) What is the deal with Shofu Kan? By himself he probably is capable of getting through the Valley of the Dead/Doll and purportedly crossed the wasteland separating the eastern and western halves of their country. And he is handicapping himself by using a sword and has crazy power levels.
>>
File: 1471116228474-2.jpg (321KB, 612x1593px) Image search: [Google]
1471116228474-2.jpg
321KB, 612x1593px
>>146600139
Pretty good. Best of the season.

Gen does it again.
>>
Has anyone re-subbed Thunderbolt fantasy using the proper Japanese names? I was putting it off because I thought like the series a lot I still find seeing the chinese names when ran past the Japanese names really jarring.

I'm thinking of just taking the .ass and doing a quick and dirty replace based off the names found on the wikipedia page, but I dunno
>>
>>146607192
>What is the deal with Shofu Kan?
The best guess is that pipe guy had something to do with it. Sho must have crossed the ghostland for a reason(assuming his story was true), but now he is helping Tanhi? And Pipe just happened to be sitting under a tree that Sho happened to walk by? No, it's obviously a set up.
>>
File: 1465898034657.jpg (34KB, 480x480px) Image search: [Google]
1465898034657.jpg
34KB, 480x480px
>>146600139
>Urobuchi's fisting Tan Hi
L-lewd.
>>
>>146610685
And he wasn't the first one.
>>
File: 1471718082640.jpg (815KB, 890x2518px) Image search: [Google]
1471718082640.jpg
815KB, 890x2518px
>>146607768
Poor guy.
>>
>>146600241
A tomato with stylin' shades. He's styling on all of us with his literal taiwanese puppet show.
>>
But puppets are 3d.
>>
>>146600139
I like it
>>
Not /a/
>>
>>146610765
I'd eat Shofu and Phoenix's meals.
>>
>>146612438
Why is japanese curry so dark?
And is that just curry and rice with nothing else?
>>
>>146612613
Probably, yeah.

If you look at it from a different perspective, the rice looks like an island, and the black curry like the wasteland Shang had crossed.
>>
>>146610765
>Shofukan's black curry
>spicy
What do they mean by this?
>>
File: 1472230475755.webm (2MB, 853x480px) Image search: [Google]
1472230475755.webm
2MB, 853x480px
>>146600139
Really damn good.
>>
>>146612668

So it's black curry? From the picture it looked like crude oil and rice, which seemed a bit odd even for moon food..
>>
>>146600139

The only story of Urobochi's that I've enjoyed as much as Madoka. Though I haven't watched Kamen Rider Gaim yet, which I've heard was good. Perhaps Gen's better when he's not writing for anime.
>>
The music is kind of ass but it's interesting to see the pre Madoka Urobuchi again that knows how to not make everything stiff as all shit and absolutely no fun allowed ever with the characters. To me this seems more like his natural state and what he wants to be doing.
>>
>>146612876
dat Best Tend Guy Sword-waving skill
>>
>>146613946

I feel like that would be the case for a lot of people. I never got the sense he enjoyed doing anime all that much, it was just something he did for a few years as a journeyman kind of thing. I have a feeling the guy will be much better off if he stays away from having his name slapped on schlock anime like Aldnoah and Gunslinger Stratos. Guy seemed actually legit kind of annoyed when A-1 tried to credit him with the anime's story again like they did with Aldnoah on his twitter and apparently made them change to something like original game scenario or at least confirm that he didn't actually have a single thing to do with that show.

The anime industry also kind of treated him like a pawn after Madoka Magica became a hit and just a name to be bandied around and the suits clearly had no respect for any of the groundwork he did with Chaos Dragon, Aldnoah and GS which while incredibly base was either ignored entirely or overstated in significance of the contribution and I think he knows it too. Not really surprised his next project is with Toho on a CGI film. Might as well just try to stick with Toho who are clearly on a massive upswing and get the fuck away from A-1 already.
>>
ep 9 preview
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q7wQSTe9bcA
>>
>>146610344

Crack goose obviously know who Sho was and was waiting for him under the tree, but how? Has Lin Setsu got some way of predicting the future, or does he have contacts on the other side of the atomic wasteland?
>>
RAIMEI MV

official version (region blocked)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=efQTbnDZ_mo

copy
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z9HPbnY7NTc
>>
like the idea of puppets but butcher series are never good
>>
it seems fun.
what does the nips thinks about this?
>>
>>146614646
Obscured shit, it's only popular in that weeaboo land because OMG Nippon overlord finally notice us not chink country
>>
>>146614646
Enjoy your flop of the season, well at least it not some no name harem shit
>>
>chink weeb
>what the fuck is this fucking shit fuck off
>gook weeb
>disgusting shit i'm shit in your mouth
>taiwan weeb
>Gen does it again Gen is best, Sawano is a god(???), TM Revolution is the best
???
>>
>>146615358
>>chink weeb
>>what the fuck is this fucking shit fuck off
>>gook weeb
>>disgusting shit i'm shit in your mouth
>>taiwan weeb
>>Gen does it again Gen is best, Sawano is a god(???), TM Revolution is the best
>???
Simple. Korea hates Japan, China hates Japan, Taiwan loves Japan.

Even more pronounced, Taiwan is probably the most pro-Japan place in Asia outside of Japan itself. That kind of positive vibe is rewarded.
>>
Puppetshit is not anime
>>
Sho will be revealed to be the final true big bad.
Original idea do not steal.
>>
Dan Fei a cute but necro beato a best
Thread posts: 45
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.