[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm about 20 years late here (so fuck spoilers) but I need

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

File: Escaflowne.jpg (4MB, 2980x4125px) Image search: [Google]
Escaflowne.jpg
4MB, 2980x4125px
I'm about 20 years late here (so fuck spoilers) but I need to vent about this.

Why the FUCK did they feel it was necessary to ruin Dilandau with that stupid sister garbage?
Here you have a fun, love-to-hate villain who is pretty much irredeemable and for the sake of wrapping up a loose plot point they fuck up the whole dynamic of the character by trying to tack on the most nonsensical plot twist ever. Fuck that last minute lion man too.

It's not even like I expected greatness leading up to the finale, the characterization of Van, Hitomi and Folken was pretty schizophrenic to begin with but the rush to finish the story on time made it much worse.
I did however expect more from Dornkirk, I don't know what but definitely more than just "I am dead now, the real villain is man". It was such a weak and ham fisted attempt at making the series deeper than it was.

I know the series had budget issues but that's not even a valid excuse since the creators have stated that the plot wouldn't have changed with more episodes. Even if they needed more episodes I'm sure they could have removed the entire Chid plot line because that shit was totally inconsequential for everyone involved.
Everything to do with fate, destiny or atlantis can fuck off too.

In my head the story ends after those two lucky cat girls died, not because I liked them but because after that point everything starts to suck.
>>
>>146566249
>the creators have stated that the plot wouldn't have changed with more episodes
But It would have been developed with a better pacing, and more details, and wouldn't have felt like last minute made up shit due to how rushed it was.
I liked the Atlantis twist, but hated the Dilandou one too. Would love to see what they could have done about both of them with more episodes. Dilandou's reveal could have been something pretty dramatic and creepy instead of what we got, with a slow and gradual transformation back to Selena, and that would have worked pretty well with the tone of the show.
>>
>>146568646
It would have improved it for sure.
Folken in particular needed a smoother transition from villain to hero, you can see the ground work for it with the doppelganger and cat girls but by the time it could pay off the budget ran out.

Dilandau was a strong enough character on his own and in my opinion should have been kept separate from the missing sister subplot.
>>
>>146569572
Yeah, Folken was so fucking likeable, he really needed more screen time, specially for his heelturn.
>>
the show was just all over the place with all the piss-poor shoujo drama and inexplicable magic shit imo. i think the fantasy world in itself and the art/ animation is really the only thing that got me through it
that being said this series was BONKERS COOL in that regard and I loved it
>>
What'd you guys think of the movie?
>>
>>146570413
I never watched it. Heard it was shit.
>>
>>146570627
Animations pretty great. Opening sequence is pretty rad:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=63AjKgljS8E
>>
>>146570413
Meh. Less of Van being suicidally angsty or Hitomi being a useless ditz I guess, so it has that going for it over the series.
>>
>>146570413
Soundtrack is great, animation is great, but getting rid of Dornkik and making Folken the bad guy for the sake of being a bad guy was the worst move they could have done. I liked Space Pirate Allen and Millerna though, would watch as an spin off series.
>>
>>146570891
Yeah movie Allen was pretty dope. Fuckin' hated movie Dilandau though.
>>
>>146566249
>I know the series had budget issues but that's not even a valid excuse since the creators have stated that the plot wouldn't have changed with more episodes
The budget was fixed before actual production began.

>In my head the story ends after those two lucky cat girls died
Your head is full of soda.
>>
>>146573062
I think you'll find my head is full of disappointment at the ending.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.