[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

New Masao Maruyama anime "Onihei"

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

File: news_xlarge_onihei_visual.jpg (84KB, 640x905px) Image search: [Google]
news_xlarge_onihei_visual.jpg
84KB, 640x905px
Masao Maruyama's new studio M2 gets its first work along with TMS Entertainment. An anime adaptation of the historical novel series Onihei Hikanchou.

Director, Character Design: Shigeyuki Miya (Aoi Bungaku Series)
Producer: Masao Maruyama (Monster)
Production: Studio M2
Studio: TMS Entertainment
>>
>>146545142
Shit, I meant Hankachou*
>>
>new studio
When did this happen?
>>
>TMS Entertainment
Looking forward to all that QUALITY
>>
>>146545142
>>146545404
>Madhouse two two
Lol.
>>
What happened with Mappa?
Why does he need so many studios for?
>>
>>146545788
He's trying to retire
https://akiba-souken.com/article/27618/?page=2
>Maruyama is no longer directly running MAPPA. He made producer Ohtsuka Manabu president, and while he's regularly going to the studio, he wants to let the young people take the lead.
He intended to slowly go into retirement, but in the end couldn't stand stand still and created another studio, called M2. He says he has 2 big, "only Maruyama would do this" projects he intends to make before retiring. He expects it'll take 5 years for those to be completed, and that he will only have the energy to work for another 2 or 3, so he's working on building a base for them, so younger producers can take over when he's gone.
>>
>>146545920
>He says he has 2 big, "only Maruyama would do this"
Pluto and Dream Machine.
Please.
>>
>>146545970
Some other translations here:
http://desuarchive.org/a/thread/146201897/#146214076
>Maruyama no longer intends to continue production on Yume Miru Kikai.
>He says after five years thinking about having someone take over, he decided it would not be a real Kon Satoshi work, and making it like that, plus in a smaller scale than intended, wouldn't be respectable.
>>
>>146545433
After episode 7 of Orange the episodes ended up being done by Korean studios.

Thats that as by then Blue Jacket was payed off.
>>
People are already shitting on it on twutter for being "fujoshi pandering'.
>>
>>146548585
Because of the male MC? What's the story like? Are there no females in it?
>>
>>146545433
I don't think TMS will have anything to do with the animation. They're credited with "production" while M2 is "animation production", which I assume means TMS is letting Maruyama use the timeslot of the animation block they're sharing with Shin-ei (Amaama to Inazuma's slot) and doing the go-between for them and the sponsors of the block.
Which doesn't improve the prospects for the animation at all. Even MAPPA had to do a few subs before being ready to make a full show, and he actually had a good, well connected producer with him them.
Director isn't good either.
>>
>>146549075
Apparently there's a live action and a manga version that both portrayed him as a burly middle-aged guy, and fans are complaining the art makes him look like a pretty boy.
No word on how the books describe him though.
>>
File: No15_photo_01.jpg (934KB, 3888x2592px) Image search: [Google]
No15_photo_01.jpg
934KB, 3888x2592px
>>146549376
Looks like it's true. Well, the current 2D viewing audience is different from the past.
>>
>he already bankrupted MAPPA and made another studio

absolute madman
>>
>>146545142
How many studios is he gonna make?
Also where is my Mankin remake you promised Maruyama-san?
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.