[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Anime that does a little something outside of the norm >"Wow!

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 1

File: 5565.png (602KB, 472x625px) Image search: [Google]
5565.png
602KB, 472x625px
>Anime that does a little something outside of the norm
>"Wow! What a poignant deconstruction of the genre!"
>>
Really makes you think huh
>>
wtf I hate anime now
>>
>>146522631
HOLLY SHIT IS THAT CHAIKA!? DECONSTRUCTION
>>
>>146522631
Who is that cum drum?
>>
Id rather have something that just does cliches right.
>>
Well that's how static the tropes are
>>
>>146522895
This.
>>
Fuck you all. Contrarians mock the idea of deconstruction. Fans use the idea of deconstruction. I have no idea what kind of notion people are using. So fuck you all. This is the only thing that occurs. I don't think this qualifies as deconstruction.
> What first seems to be fantasy with a hero summoned.
> Turns out to become slowly about a person that wants to be acknowledged and self-worth and willing to be in this world for acknowledgement and gain from others
> Becomes a story about a man that is no hero but is willing to go as far as he can with each life he has been given to meet expectations and be a better person.
Is that not it?
>>
>>anime that somewhat popular with normies
>>wow such a shit anime!

i can play that game as well anon
>>
Because it follows the all the same tropes instead of using different ones but still does something outside of the norm with those tropes.
>>
>>146522631
Is that the full pic?
>>
>>146522631
>deconstruction
who even says that?
>>
>>146522831

By her pointy ears, her silver hair, and heir hair ornaments with a flower on the side, I can safely conclude that she is a woman.
>>
>>146523456
People right out of high school for one. In a realm called critical thinking, these people copy pasta all their information and splashed it together.

The majority of people wouldn't know deconstruction even if Shakespeare slapped his dick on their face.
>>
>>146523124
but that's true, the only good anime are those that are liked by the entirety of /a/

in other words, all anime is shit
>>
The worst part is when the show actually falls into the exact same tropes and scenarios as the one's it is supposedly "parodying."

Re:Zero is the most recent example and KonoSuba is probably the most popular one before that. Both are ok shows, but its annoying to have people pretend they are somehow different than your average "not total shit" seasonal entry. But the moment you try to explain why someone should settle down, the denial kicks in twice as hard. It's ok to just like a show and admit it has flaws. Unfortunately generals breed this groupthink cancer where there is no subtlety or nuance. Something is only SHIT, or GENRE BREAKING.
>>
>>146525272

The problem there is that a lot of people take criticism as an attack on the series and basically take it as saying "It's shit and you're shit for liking it".
>>
EMILIA-TAN MAJI TRASH!
>>
>>146525272
>>146525384
More like the general criticism for shows on here is something along the lines "it's shit" as you said. Which basically puts them on the same level as other shows of their genres like SAO in this case.

Of course people will get defensive if every criticism is just "it's the same shit". Especially after we've got stuff like Overlord, Log Horizon, Konosuba and Re:Zero. All of them take a (slightly) different approach to the setting, some are better, but that's not the point.
>>
>>146526112
Do you even lurk airing generals? Its not just a bunch of mean trolls trying to shit on your favorite LN adaptation. There are lots of genuine critiques and negatives that get pointed out, but they are usually ignored or replied to in broken English by some retard talking about "muh LN" or "you just hate emilia :("

Also you even said it yourself, every show you mentioned is just an extremely slight variation to a known setting and they all end up at the same place anyway, nowhere, unless you read the LN.

People arent defensive because the level of critique isnt up to their standards. It's because they dont like anyone ruining the circlejerk community in the generals. Did you ever visit a DanMachi general during airing? People were unironically claiming it as AOTY and a "genre breaking" anime that had almost no flaws. Same thing is happening with Re:Zero. It happens every season until eventually they forget about their seasonal waifus or move on from their anime fad and nobody remembers some random seasonal anime despite all the 'hype.'
>>
>>146522631

Not surprising given the current trends in anime.
>>
>>146526322
And half the time it's just some idiot trying to point out certain aspects, just to be proved wrong entirely.

>Why doesn't Ainz just steamroll over the whole continent
He doesn't know if he's the only one

>Deaths are pointless in Re:zero
Subaru has a much harder time developing something with Emilia because of it, since his resets make it very one-sided. Also Rem dies apparently

The problem isn't just that they hate a series. It's that they think every isekai story is the same and thereby trash.

The setting itself is just very easy to exploit, hence why we have so many stories go into so many different directions.

And no, I usually don't frequent these generals, mostly cause I watch anime on a very irregular basis. Haven't even watched Danmachi. I don't like judging a work in progress anyway.
>>
>>146523456
People that think TV Tropes has anything poignant or worthwhile to say about media analysis. They're unfortunately common.

Deconstruction is such a contentious word, and the TV Tropes definition is far removed from its actual usage as coined by lads like Derrida and Foucault. "Subverting expectations" or, as much as I hate the term, "tropes" is far closer to how they use the word "deconstruction."
>>
>>146526634
Meh ok Im not aruguing those type of people dont exist because im sure they do. But in my experience, I find the fanboy denial to be especially pertinent in shows that fit a certain criteria. Its usually the most popular show of the season and its usually something that appears to be "dark and twisted" when its really just shounen pandering. Think Attack on Titan.

Ill just say my biggest personal gripe with Re:Zero was that it took it's "despair" arc way too seriously. They just did not do enough to warrant Subaru's crazy outburst at Emilia. I get it, they want to show the "effects" of his power on his psyche, but just having him making crazy faces while yelling isn't character growth. Maybe it's handled better in the LN, but the anime made me almost drop the series from how long they dragged out that crap. It doesn't help that literally everything is his fault and so his crying and self-pity borders on insufferable. Then to top it off, they continue to mutilate Rem for no reason than to remind the viewer that we are in "DARKNESS AND DESPAIR" mode.

tldr: I did start to hate Subaru as an MC, but thats not why the show kind of sucks. It's because it totally fails to create a coherent transition into his madness. It reeked of trying for an "emotional impact" scene without doing any of the legwork. Just shallow storytelling.
>>
>>146526424
>>146526424
Not surprising given the current trends in entertainment in general. Movies are at an all time low in terms of quality. Television had a mini golden age at the dawn of streaming, but now that has turned into this mass production era where crackle and yahoo stocks.com probably have their own streaming service with original series. Shit is bad right now, even the masses are starting to get fed up with the lack of effort. Unfortunately itll only change by voting with your dollars, which is much harder to do for a foreigner from an anime standpoint. But entertainment media in general is in a pretty stagnant era, and this isn't just my opinion. Its a pretty clear, and traceable trend.

At least anime still has SOL which is something only anime as a medium can really perfect. Low expecatations of cute girls doing cute things are almost always met and its hard to come away dissapointed.

But when it tries something like Re:Zero which is neither original in concept or execution, so many of it's try hard moments fall super flat. Then after it's presented itself "TOTALLY NOT SAO" only to fall into the exact same pitfalls as SAO, it's pretty disheartening. Moreso that people accept it as 'groundbreaking' meaning that we are doomed to get more of the same very soon.
>>
Deconstruction is the most self-important concept ever. He idea is that genre is so meaningful and telling about what stories people like or whatever and that we need to be pulling out stories apart and putting them back together in the wrong way so we can 'study' the genre. It's great to do something creative and exciting to do something unexpected, but to use the word 'deconstruction' is to say you're dissecting a story for reflection or education's sake. Like the story is supposed to be a 'study' instead of being an honest piece of entertainment.
>>
>>146527027
You've got it downpacked. The only thing worse is that right now is the trend of writers making fun of anime cliches by using those cliches and patting their own back for it.
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.