[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What did you think of Giant Robo: The Animation?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 6

File: Giant_Robo_-_The_Animation.jpg (82KB, 350x500px) Image search: [Google]
Giant_Robo_-_The_Animation.jpg
82KB, 350x500px
What did you think of Giant Robo: The Animation?
>>
It's the pinnacle of whatever it is.
Also first english dub or don't bother.
>>
I loved it. Absolutely god tier soundtrack.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l3uij4CF9H8
>>
>>146510802
Warzaw philharmonics was the gold standard of 90s anime osts.
>>
It was great of course.

I wish yasuhiro imagawa had managed to find other projects that suited him like this one did.

Escaflowne for example he was down to direct for a while.

would have been much better
>>
Imagawa shouldn't do one hour episodes. I get bored enough when he does normal length episodes.
>>
File: g-t-o.png (156KB, 450x508px) Image search: [Google]
g-t-o.png
156KB, 450x508px
>>146511557
>>
File: Giant Robo 01.gif (2MB, 299x299px) Image search: [Google]
Giant Robo 01.gif
2MB, 299x299px
>>146509605

The Tragedy of Bashtarle flashback is absolutely immaculate. One of the best scenes ever created in animation, in my opinion.

As the OVA kept going on, though, it felt less and less good, but still a fantastic watch.

The way the characters learned a new thing about the tragedy every episode made for an interesting gimmick of the story as the characters adjusted.to the new information each episode with the final one revealing the most hilarious twist of fate.
>>
>>146511871
I know jack shit about the filming terminologies but I really like the way the scenes are composed in the show.
>>
>>146511871
>As the OVA kept going on, though, it felt less and less good
Nigga you high? The oavs accellerated for each episode, it was crazy.
>>
File: Giant Robo 01.png (4MB, 1168x1500px) Image search: [Google]
Giant Robo 01.png
4MB, 1168x1500px
>>146512364

From what I remember, episodes 4, 5, and 6 or so were kind of eh, but then the entire final episode was just a blast to watch.

The amount of characters that were introduced so suddenly and never expanded upon (because the manga goes beyond the anime's story) made it not so great a watch despite most or all of the characters being eccentric and awesome to watch.

Like I said, it was still a fantastic watch that was very enjoyable. But maybe I'm just a banana.
>>
File: sad animoo girl.jpg (120KB, 392x495px) Image search: [Google]
sad animoo girl.jpg
120KB, 392x495px
>mfw S2 never
>>
>>146509605
More like Giant Disappointment.
>>
>>146509605
One of the biggest pieces of overrated hipster garbage on this board
>super powers never explained
>that ending
>simple, shallow story
The animation and soundtrack are both good but if everything else about it is mediocre why even care?
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.