[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Serious question. Why is Evangelion so popular?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

File: image.jpg (144KB, 1280x1024px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
144KB, 1280x1024px
Serious question. Why is Evangelion so popular?
>>
>>146489786
it's Madoka Magica of 1990s
>>
Why is anything popular?
Because lots of people like it.
>>
>>146489786
who
>>
it has deep meaning or something
>>
>>146490059
But what is so appealing about it?
>>
>>146490601
A pretentious wank fest for mature persons like myself.
>>
File: image.jpg (53KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
53KB, 1280x720px
Still never understood what the AT field was. I know It was like the soul or something but still felt vauge
>>
>>146490983
The space between people. You know, like the scene where Shinji is complaining that everyone else is too loud.
>>
>>146490983
Fear of rejection
>>
>>146490983
It holds your ego in your body and makes it so people's consciousness are divided and can't be merged. Eva's are strong enough to manifest theirs visibly and block physical attacks.
>>
>>146489786
Because it's a good series. Now, a lot of people probably don't get this, but it's because the human characters are so human, that it keeps you there after it's drawn you with the promise of big robots and shit. It's a mecha story with an above average mecha plot that is actually about human relationships and interactions.

It's not about deep religion shit or whatnot, although I'm sure anno did throw some other symbolism in there that was intentional. More likely in the form of symbolizing things that happened in the show.

It's deep, but not because of symbolism opr whatever but because of how anno and the other creators portrayed human interactions and worked it flawlessly into the mecha plot.

The real message of evangelion is, humans are flawed but we should love them anyway.
>>
>>146491412
i don.t love myself . noone here loves anyone in his life . i have no emotion . his massage didn't effect me
>>
>>146490983
It's the "invisible wall" that separates people, both mentally and emotionally. It's symbolically represented in the series as a physical force field that keeps the soul inside your body, but you have to take it as a metaphor about how your inner world can't be shared completely with anyone else and how that makes each person unique.

Now lurk moar.
>>
>>146492872
You are just autistic.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.