[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Talk to me about the last anime movie you watched.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 4

File: image.png (2MB, 2048x1536px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
2MB, 2048x1536px
Talk to me about the last anime movie you watched.
>>
You can talk about Horus if you want.
>>
>>146487264

Is that some Prince of the Wife's Son?

How about you tell me how you enjoyed that instead, anon?

The only part of it that really impressed me was the dream sequence of the forest of illusion, can't remember the actual name.

Besides that, the age of the movie really showed with the storytelling and characters, but the animation, when it wasn't a literal slideshow of events, was pretty fantastic, like the fish battle.

But if you really want to know about the last movie I watched, it was Harmony, which was extremely disappointing. Or, rather, not even disappointing, just uninteresting. It's like the director or scriptwriter watched Ghost in the Shell and Psycho-Pass and really wanted to make something interesting that combined elements from both, but just ended up making a 2-hour movie with a whole lot of nothing. The Ghost in the Shell: Arise episodes and movie were better than it. From the characters to the lack of any real emotion throughout the entire movie besides the ending sequence, it just fell flat entirely.

The only parts in the movie that I found interesting were the sequences where they talked through online conferences and the characters' models were animated in a unique way.

Sadness.
>>
>>146487458
>>146487666
Yes, I watched Horus yesterday. In the first 20 minutes there are 4 or 5 different action scenes and it seemed to flow pretty badly to me. As if the quieter moments were being rushed to get to the next set piece.

But things got a lot more interesting when Hilda was introduced. Her conflict and the politics in the village, it was a little more complex than what I was expecting, especially in contrast to Grunwald and Horus himself. Hilda's singing scenes were nice too.

For some retarded reason I had it in my head that it was made in 1982, so during it I was thinking "how the hell was Nausicaa only two years after this?". Knowing now that it's almost 50 years old, I do find the animation impressive. I agree about that sequence, the Forest of Doubt was the name I think.
>>
>>146488113

Yeah, Hilda actually was pretty interesting, but watching it so many years after it was made and seeing that kind of character done better, even in average shows these days, made it, sadly, not as impressive.

My favorite moment of the movie is within the first ten minutes where the giant golem name-drops the movie title and then the title immediately appears in the foreground. I couldn't stop laughing.

This reminded me of my main problem with the movie though, being that Horus isn't even trying to reforge the sword for 90% of the movie. I thought the movie would detail his adventures and journey to reforge the sword after the opening sequence. Like, the main plot would be reforging the sword over the course of the movie instead of a quick fix near the end.

Speaking of that, the sequence near the end where the golem shows up to congratulate Horus and then proceeds to absolutely wreck the ice mammoth was hilarious.
>>
You got to admire the craft in the whole movie, beside some select famous scenes.
>>
>>146488435
It's also a little odd that you don't actually get to see the forging. They come up with the plan and a little later the sword is produced, ready to go.

I liked those flying silver wolves. The seen where the fish come back is great visually too.
>>
>>146488641
>the seen
Kill me
>>
>>146488113
>>146488601
The interesting ideas and the craft still can´t save this movie. If you are an animation student or historian, this is a must see. For the average fan, I´d say stay the hell away from this.
>>
File: IMG_20151108_0002 copy.jpg (553KB, 1100x1648px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20151108_0002 copy.jpg
553KB, 1100x1648px
>>146488772
It's worth the 80 minutes, it's only disappointing.
Better than Puss in Boots and a lot of other shit from the time.
>>
>>146488772
Also if you like boys in dresses
>>
>>146487264
Hilda needs a baseball bat shooped in her hands.
>>
Ai City
it was fucking awesome, tons of neon flashy colors but all done in cels so it looked less gaudy than if it'd been done digitally.

and it's all around fun, with great action scenes and no time to get bored
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.