[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Isekai Genre

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3

File: 1a542Be48.png (555KB, 829x1200px) Image search: [Google]
1a542Be48.png
555KB, 829x1200px
How long is this fad going to continue
>>
We already have a thread on this topic.
>>
Was thinking, isn't isekai quite old actually? Rayearth isn't isekai?
>>
We need more reverse-isekai ala Mcdonalds Maou.
>>
File: female romantic fantasy.jpg (45KB, 305x500px) Image search: [Google]
female romantic fantasy.jpg
45KB, 305x500px
>>146450145
It's like saying "when will female romance novels will die?"

It's a cheap wish fulfillment, the girl in harlequin WILL get Fabio in -insert setting-appropriate costume-, because it panders to girls who want a handsome rogue to swing in and grab her in arms et caetera; and there will never be a shortage in this target base.

Isekais offer a fulfillment fantasy in another kind. It's a story where the MC wants to succeed and is guaranteed to succeed in the end. Compare to reality where a disproportionately small amount of people actually achieve success and live a remarkable life, especially in Nihon.

Explanation 2: The nihons are so depressed they identify with stories about dying and living in a world where everything is better.

Explanation 3: fantasy is easier written where you have a set of rules target audience knows (like levels, dungeons and monsters evolving). Vidya-like setting lets characters become visibly better - levels let a human eventually become strong enough to solo a dragon, even if you have to add hero status or whatever plot bullshit, in realistic settings it's impossible. Also: buffs practically require stats to exist, so you have to have some framework to exist already. Also: you ain't going to have anime characters and situations in realistic settings - and especially cute girls as healers that would have to deal with meatballs instead of arbitrary 64/875 HP. You can't drop anime characters if you want to sell the story, since target base.
>>
>>146451267
Yeah, Isekai was already here, the fad is Isekai+Neet.
Want more old good Isekai with female leads.
>>
Ain't nothing better than some good ol' Isekino I tell ya.
>>
It'll eventually die off, like battle harem academies.

The real question is what will be the next fad?
>>
>>146450145
>Isekai Genre

what does this even mean?
>>
File: 1432286003420.jpg (43KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1432286003420.jpg
43KB, 1280x720px
>>146453225
I assume that with old, you mean "lands in a pseudo-medieval fantasy world"?
>>
The LN market is about combining elements together which is why there were so many battle academies, those combined shonen battle with harem and high school life. There is no reason not to add isekai to a story with a slow opening unless you want a modern or futuristic setting, especially as it gives the reader more to think about.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.