[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

why japs likes isekai so much?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 512
Thread images: 78

File: isekai.jpg (343KB, 728x1051px) Image search: [Google]
isekai.jpg
343KB, 728x1051px
why japs likes isekai so much?
>>
File: 1450807727856.jpg (206KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1450807727856.jpg
206KB, 1280x720px
>>146438929

why the western faggots likes medieval fantasy and sci fi so much?

are their taste so shit?
>>
>>146438929
Why is /a/ so full of brainless faggots that can't write a single sentence properly?
>>
Am I the only one that thinks it's still better than the high school SoL that was the anime meta a couple of years back?
>>
>>146439029
>anime meta
Jesus christ.
>>
File: yankee.jpg (43KB, 287x475px) Image search: [Google]
yankee.jpg
43KB, 287x475px
"Isekai" is just a plot motivator/device.

Enables the author to have a character that is modern and relatable (or at least understandable) while dropping whatever other setting they want.

In and of itself, it's not a genre.
>>
>>146439066
What else do you call it? Flavor of the decade?
>>
nips only know how to copy from western works like harry potter and John Carter of Mars
>>
I'm actually pretty alright with series where MC is magick'd to another world after death and/or he does not care/want to go back
>>
>>146439125
Something that wouldn't make it obvious that you're a fucking crossboarder. Not that it mattters anymore considering the state of /a/ nowadays.
>>
>>146439161
>no Harry Potter like anime

Only one which comes close to it is that Magi arc where Aladdin goes to magic school
>>
>>146439068
It also gives the character a lazy reason to become super powerful very easy.

>Hurr I'm an otaku and skills in this world are just like muh vidya gaems

>Hurr I have a Middle School level of scientific knowledge, I can make OP technology

Have to make the character relatable enough that the hikki reader feels like they could be a worldbeater too, or else it wouldn't be escapism.
>>
>>146439235
>Something that wouldn't make it obvious that you're a fucking crossboarder.
Like, fucking what? Teach me proper /a/ terminology, master.
>>
>>146439257
>Hurr I have a Middle School level of scientific knowledge, I can make OP technology
But middle school scientific knowledge would be OP as fuck in medieval era settings
>>
>>146438929
Because reality is awful.
>>
>>146438929
This would be pretty good if the MC keeped staying low and being a jew instead of abusing his broken snowflake OP bullshit.
I don't know about the LN but that part where these slave girls got panicked and begged the MC to not abandon them in the mango was pretty nice.
>>
>>146439257
Well, sure. As far as world-setting go, it very easily paves the way to some OP growth or instant power acquisition shenanigans. That's half the point, usually. If Twain could do it, everybody can.

It being [easy] mean every shitty author can have a go at it. The total number of good authors who have a go stays the same I think or even lowers compared to other popular settings.

For example, I do like Death March while I hate almost everything else. Not to say DM doesn't have shit in it. It's mostly lighthearted somehow.
>>
>>146439288
Now I'm no >>146439235
, but this behavior reeks of new faggotry too.
>>
>>146439362
Not saying certain applications wouldn't be, merely that it's a lazy and relatable way to make the MC super powerful very easily. Then the genre is predicated on the Isekai premise for the character to have the knowledge and it doesn't merely establish some of his character traits and sensibilities- it is the basis for his fighting style, his abilities, his equipment, etc.
>>
>>146439377
>3100 SPs all invested in Jewing skills
I'd read it
>>
Tama and Pochi are healing.
>>
>>146439007
>Posting QUALITY FUJOSHI anime
>>
>>146439029
What the fuck is an "anime meta"?
>>
>>146439027
What did you expect from retards trying to force another metashitposting general.
>>
>>146439428
>hating /a/ for becoming a place full of normalfags is newfaggotry
>>
>>146439027
This. I'm almost convinced OP and this guy >>146435706, and a lot of the threads with similar OP posts recently are the same person; /a/ can't be this full of illiterate people.
>>
>>146439586
fuck off, Liza is the way to go
>>
Release that Witch is actually pretty good isekai
>>
>>146439655
>"Like, fucking what? Teach me proper /a/ terminology, master"
>hating /a/ for becoming a place full of normalfags
kys normalfag.
>>
File: why don't you kill yourself.jpg (1MB, 1280x2160px) Image search: [Google]
why don't you kill yourself.jpg
1MB, 1280x2160px
>>146439029
>the anime meta
>>
>>146439716
well, majority of 4chan are americans
>>
>>146439257
>It also gives the character a lazy reason to become super powerful very easy.
>>Hurr I'm an otaku and skills in this world are just like muh vidya gaems
>>Hurr I have a Middle School level of scientific knowledge, I can make OP technology
>Have to make the character relatable enough that the hikki reader feels like they could be a worldbeater too, or else it wouldn't be escapism.

I'm fucking surprised there isn't an otome version of that

Have some female MC become powerful while her male companions wanting her V
>>
>>146439885
Liza is nice, but she isn't as healing as them.
>>
File: maine.png (84KB, 256x278px) Image search: [Google]
maine.png
84KB, 256x278px
>>146440274
>I'm fucking surprised there isn't an otome version of that

There's plenty.

Pic unrelated, she's just a dumb book autist.
>>
File: Lala.jpg (126KB, 700x1065px) Image search: [Google]
Lala.jpg
126KB, 700x1065px
Korean Isekai is better,
Phsyco MC, ice queen waifu, necropilliac loli,
loli that needs to be kneaded.

>I understood her deeply, but I was unable to fathom the very bottom.
>Barbatos was merely a diligent bitch, an insensitive bitch, and an insane bitch.
> And even to Barbatos, I was merely a lazy bastard, a keen bastard, and a psychotic bastard.
> Since an insane bitch and a psychotic bastard had met, then they should be able to get along fine for the moment.

Dungeon Defense, why are you soo good
>>
>>146440274
Except Fushigi Yuugi was literally my first exposure to Isekai if you don't count Doraemon.
>>
so "one peace books" released official english translation of shield hero 1-5 LN, torrent where?
>>
>>146440749
le edge
>>
>>146438929
It's an easy self insert escape from the mundane life that most Nips have. Life after High school and college pretty much sucks if you are a business man which is pretty much most people.
>>
>>146440749
Im probably just a retard but does lala love him or not, why did her affection suddenly spike up when it did.
>>
>>146440749
>no dungeon
>no defense

Garbage.
>>
>>146442753

MC and Lala do legitimately love each other, but they love the pursuit of authority more than their love.

Both MC and Lala prioritize their pursuit of authority over the world first and their love for each other second.

Once he realizes that and confirms it with Lala, in addition to apologizing for the mistake he caused by trying to take revenge in her stead with her Mom, they made up.
>>
>>146439125
Genre massproduction you fucking idiot
>>
>>146439377
Which one is this one? Tried to google this but all I get is Manga wiki link and a link to mangastream.
>>
There was an article that actually went into this in detail. Basically, Japan's society causes the hardworking to suffer, while those born into money or having certain privileges ("cheats", if you will) breeze through society.

Entering an RPG-like world is easiest to write a self-insert fantasy, therefore, because you can add cheats that are believable.
>>
>>146444240

Get ready for a snooze fest since nothing can hurt or kill MC or harem/children (Pochi, Tama, Liza).

It's also part cooking novel simply for the fact that a considerable amount of chapters involve him cooking or trying to recreate food from his world.

http://www.sousetsuka.com/
>>
>>146444240
Death march manga.I dont think you will like it.
>>146444562
Stop mentioning that article made by a retard
>>
>>146444639
I thought that part of the article made sense, I don't know if its actually true about their culture but it seems that way. I know chinese are obsessed with status and authority and its the only way to get ahead or be important to them, I guess its the same.
Its the same reason why Satou in Death March just turns 15 again for no reason and starts with a super strong skill.
>>
is there an easier way to go to isekai than killing yourself?
>>
File: loli.jpg (182KB, 700x1052px) Image search: [Google]
loli.jpg
182KB, 700x1052px
>>146442239
the FUN kind of Edge

>“Do whatever you guys want. Why are you asking me about your life and death? If you’re going to live then live, if you’re going to die then die.”

>nodded. The language spoken by the humans and the language spoken by Barbatos were different, so I had to stand as an intermediate to interpret. The only person proficient at the human language while also being a Demon Lord was myself.

>“She says to die obediently.”
--------------------------------------

>“They said your words are too damn vague, and want you to break it down for them so they can understand easier.”

>“Iyaa, what an abundance of bullshit. If they live then that’s their life, and if they croak then that’s their death. Why should I care?”

>I nodded my head.
>I then translated her words exactly to the prisoners.

>“This lady here said that you guys are quite full of shit.”

>If Barbatos asked.

>“Is the provisioning situation in the empire decent?”

>I would translate it as.

>“She asked what you guys ate on average for all of your mugs to look so dirty like bums.”
>>
>>146446568
I dunno its corean I'm not sure about this
>>
File: cast.jpg (45KB, 700x387px) Image search: [Google]
cast.jpg
45KB, 700x387px
>>146446714
It's 100% Korean, I don't know why it sounds so much more natural and fun compared to Japanese.
Probably because the Translator has excellent English

>“However, I had tried to murder that old woman as if it was the most obvious thing in the world. If Lapis had not stopped me, then that old lady’s insides would have been torn apart. What was the reason. Why did I try to carry out an act that wouldn’t benefit me politically? There is only one answer. It is because I love Lapis Lazuli……”

“……Wait a second.”

>Barbatos frowned.

>“Stop getting excited on your own and wait a second. What, love? You tried to kill that kid’s mother because of love? Dantalian. Did my ears hear this properly?”

.“You heard correctly. It seems you have a great sense of hearing.”

>“Fuck. How is that love?”
>>
>>146446309
Only if you wait for your death or be conveniently teleported+ your whole family/classroom
>>
>>146448233
bangs shield
>>
>>146438929

The whole thing is a result of being in a recession for almost 30 years. Because every thing that's made in the industry has to sell and make profit, there's no one trying to be avantgarde and try anything new. They just rehash all the known stuff because they know people liked something similar and that this is hyped and is going to sell. Isekais been popular for years now, and they're not going to move from it until they have milked the cow dry.

tl;dr blame recesssion
>>
>>146448274
Speaking of shields, the author of shieldbro did a small story that somehow shares a universe with it.

It's called "in a world without life" if you're looking for it on novelupdates.
>>
>>146448755
find me translated vol.5 of shield hero LN
>>
>>146439716
He's commonly known as ESLfag, you newfag.
>>
>>146448824
It's been uploaded to madokami a few days ago anon.
>>
>>146439007
I'll say they're in to superhero stuff more than anything
>>
the best isekai was angel beats
>>
>>146449138
jesus, registration process is retarded
>>
>>146450328
It is kinda a semi-secret club
>>
>>146440749
Let me know when it becomes a manga or anime. I tend to get A.D.D when it comes to reading L.Ns.
>>
File: 1299561334201.jpg (8KB, 176x137px) Image search: [Google]
1299561334201.jpg
8KB, 176x137px
Light Novels already make me want to die and this Iseskai cancer spreading to anime only makes it worse.
What really pisses me off is when extremely convoluted RPG systems are part of the world with no rhyme or reason behind it beyond laziness.

Main Character only becomes overpowered because he exploits the system or gets preferential treatment because he's a special snowflake otaku/neet. We know this antagnoist is strong not because of his actions but because his stats are in the 100s of thousands with over one million skills. shit like that.
>>
>>146453065
reeeee:zero?
>>
>>146439237
>little witch academia
literally anime harry potter.
>>
>>146440749
korean shit is full of NTR so nope
>>
>>146439237
>no Harry Potter like anime

It's more like Zero no Tsukaima was influenced by Harry Potter (not solely, but the influence is there) and then a long run of magic school battle harems were influenced by ZnK.
>>
>>146438929
Because they played vidya when they were younger more than they related to one another in person. So it's a genre that relates strongly to their childhood/teenagerhood and its fantasies.
>>
>>146439029
fuck off
>>
>>146447203
>It's 100% Korean, I don't know why it sounds so much more natural and fun compared to Japanese.Probably because the Translator has excellent English
Yes and because 99% of the people who 'translate' narou WNs just use MTL. But the worst part is that most of them barely even speak English.

Sure, there are shit tons of narou WNs where the writing is shit but most of that is also thanks to those butchered translations and how stale it reads.
>>
Is Drifters isekai?
>>
>>146440749
>Dungeon Defense, why are you soo good
>>146442239
>le edge

It's the Magnificent Bastard style of evil, which is what makes it good.
Compared to every other Korean story I've tried, where they're just generically greedy or generically backstabby.
That, and it's not just MC bastarding magnificently, it's a bunch of the other characters too.

Maybe it's because this is the author's third attempt, and he actually learned from the first two?
>>
>>146439237
>>146455595

Mother of Learning and Warlock of the Magus World are the only real type of Western Harry Potter novels I can think of.

They both feature a potter like magic system, or as close as it gets with liberties, mind you.
>>
>>146448728
I'd say it's not purely isekai at fault here; it's the trend of adding a bunch of shortcuts on top of it, which makes it a lot easier to write webnovels. It's far too easy to lean on the canned scenario crutches of "summoned hero automatically gets hax" in place of character development, or "it works because game mechanics" in place of world building.

Combined with webnovels having been accepted by Japanese publishers as a new place to mine for content, thus plugging it into the light novel / manga / anime process. Basically a shitload of people are writing these for free, and turning the most popular ones into physically published versions is really cheap compared to starting a new manga or a new anime, so there's minimal risk to the publishers.

I hesitate to ever blame escapism, since escapism has been a running thing for a much longer time, and not just in Japan.
>>
>>146455938
Yeah. When I invoke ZnK as Potter-influenced, I don't mean to say it's something really deep. It's just surface elements. Wands, caster supremacy, pets, magic school, fantasy pseudo-Europe.

Basically the same iterative copying that goes on in general for East Asian media and Japan in particular. Something new is suddenly popular? A big wave of new things will riff on it for the next ten years.
>>
>>146456257

You have to draw a lot for manga and that shit is crazy as we all know, anime original series are a shot in dark as to whether they succeed or not.

Any publishing company only has to go to Narou and see the highest ranking story and boom, you're done.

Hire a popular artist to create the characters and draw the art and you have it made.

Not selling enough? 12 episode advertisement coming your way, go big like Re:Zero and do 2 cours because fuck you it's popular and the dosh rolls in.
>>
>>146456735
Yep. You don't need a giant staff to monetize a webnovel. Just an editor and an artist, and those two can be working on lots of series per year. With costs that low, there's not much risk. If it has pretty girls on the cover, it'll probably sell the few thousand volumes it needs to at least break even, so even the failures are soft failures.
>>
All of you faggots sould start reading dungeon hunter.

Its a Korean light novel about a demon that died and went back to the start of the demon games, in said games 72 dungeons (each for every demon) appear all of a sudden in the human world.

The MC is fucking mad at the 4 grand dukes and his goal is to take a fucking shit in every single one of the 71 demons.

Its pretty fucking great.
>>
File: dungeon seeker ntr manga.jpg (141KB, 728x1101px) Image search: [Google]
dungeon seeker ntr manga.jpg
141KB, 728x1101px
>>146457205
are you talking about this one?
>>
File: img000026.jpg (531KB, 844x1200px) Image search: [Google]
img000026.jpg
531KB, 844x1200px
Is this the Isekai thread? I might as well ask this here, then.

Why did the author pretty much make a whole chapter about how "Humans" can have children with all sorts of things when time and time again, they mention that Makoto is a "hyuman" raised as a "human"?

It makes no sense, unless he's adopted or something like that.
>>
>>146457205
>19 chapters translated
fuck off
>>
>>146440749
This writing style change has got me kinda worried.
>>
>>146439377
Most people don't want to see nothing happening for 400 chapters straight, if people are okay with Saitama being A-rank they sure as hell can't cry about Satou being a viscount.
>>
>>146449138
Now for the bonus challenge: Find me more translations for Spear Hero.
>>
>>146460042
no one translating that garbage
>>
>>146438929
This has to be one of the few LNs where the LN is inferior to the WN. You can tell all the drastic changes like the first book was half baked aside from introducing the divine sword much earlier and in exchange ruins a multitude of facets from the WN and just ignoring all the loose ends.

And yet since the author changes so many things so drastically you can't help but wonder what else is in store since it's practically like a retelling kinda like all those adaptations of Romance of Three Kingdoms. I wonder if the author knew about that when making such changes.
>>
>>146460460
That's a shame, there's far worse being translated out there.
>>
File: Karina.jpg (88KB, 551x900px) Image search: [Google]
Karina.jpg
88KB, 551x900px
>>146438929
Did a new chapter come out for that? I want them to get to Karina already.
>>
>>146460739
nope?
>>
>>146458162
To make the reader understand how Makoto is a fucking super special snowfuckingflake, a hyuman that surpasses humans in a world where humans are demigods
>>
>>146438929
>Popular Japanese escapism is fantasy worlds where the protagonist can be useful to those around him and where he can make life long bonds with a diverse vast of characters

>Poplular American escapism is zombie shit where the protagonist goes from burned out loser to a god among men while the world burns around them and serves as an outlet for edgy violent fantasies

Really makes you think
>>
>>146461166
No it doesn't that's already reflected by how many times ESLfag makes these threads and keeps crying about the same shit while secretly trying to push his own edgy values.
>>
Because japanese people all dream about leaving japan and still being relevant
>>
File: consider.png (54KB, 355x282px) Image search: [Google]
consider.png
54KB, 355x282px
>>146438929
They can immerse into the settin quickly, just by saying a few words like "demon king" "demon continent" "adventurer guild" or "hero" they can already imagine a world without even need to be described because they already know it.

For authors its the same, make for them more easy imnerse the readers into their story.

ITs the same principle than remakes and sequels in western media, why they do those? Because it instantly creates a connection with the audience making easier catch their attention, japanese LN and WN are the same thing except instead of using old TV or movies to stablish that connection they use concepts from games.
>>
>>146458162
Speaking of this series, wouldn't his sisters be insanely more strong than he is?
>>
>>146461625
The two older sisters still have Bug's blessing from what I remember
>>
>>146461979
Onee chan has, imouto never had it.
>>146461625
No, most of his power comes from his concentration and "fate twisting" powers, they could be stronger than the heroes though.
>>
>>146456735
>>146457080

I wish I had the same oppurtunities in my country. I kind of want to write some novels, not exactly light novels but short novels for kids aged 16-19, but it really a hassle to do it here. Maybe I could try in English, but since I'm ESL the language gets so bad.

I haven't been writing since I finished high school over ten years ago, but I've thought of some ideas that would be fun.
>>
File: Death March charas.png (3MB, 1442x1075px) Image search: [Google]
Death March charas.png
3MB, 1442x1075px
Needs more Nana and Karina.
>>
>>146460739
Karina somehow manages to have weirder shaped breasts than Raita girls or even the HOTD ones. It's like deflated or something.
>>
>>146462466
*and Pochi
FTFY
>>
Because once a kid in japan hits the workforce their life becomes an actual hell. Escapism, perticularly escaping to another universe that is less shitty, is appealing to them.
>>
>>146438929
Same reason /a/ loves anime so much.
>>
>>146460042
>>146460460
Look for shameless translations, up to 430 translated. Then TLer disappeared
>>
>>146462587
Maybe they are unsupported. Karina is suppose to have crazy huge breasts.
>>
>>146462443

I couldn't tell you m8, I know Japan has Narou for webnovels. Korea has Naver's challenge league for webcomics, like Noblesse, Tower of God, etc.

From what I've read up on American/English start up writers (for fiction), just forming a wordpress and starting to write is enough. Should your work become a real hit you can just publish it yourself or most likely receive an offer from a publishing company.
>>
>>146462950
I don't think using physics as an explanation works in Death March's world. Nana has a slightly smaller cup but all her illustrations have perfectly fine shape even when fully naked.

Also refer to >>146462466 the deflated shape still retains itself while she's in a full dress, no way does she lack a bra.
>>
>>146463003
>wordpress

Maybe I'll try something like that. It doesn't have to be a hit, but it would be meaningless if no one reads it. I'm not that into writing masturbatory works, I don't think I could do it if others didn't read my work.
>>
>>146462875
Yeah that's why I said more, as in I already knew there were some. The funny thing is I was totally okay with the MTL tier translations because I can see Motoyasu being that broken.
>>
File: Nana.jpg (186KB, 533x790px) Image search: [Google]
Nana.jpg
186KB, 533x790px
>>146463104
>>
File: fc54fb0a3ad7a39b2f35773870f897fa.jpg (480KB, 1806x2560px) Image search: [Google]
fc54fb0a3ad7a39b2f35773870f897fa.jpg
480KB, 1806x2560px
I'm fine with it, if anything i love the idea of different views on video game logic, having health bars etc. or the ability to memorize skills/magic like Ainz-sama
>>
>>146463166
As for me i can only feel a sharp pain running through my lower parts
>>
>>146464235
I don't think I'll ever understand that. Is it just the poor grammar or being spoiled about Raphtalia suffering? Either way, I still can't relate given how I always felt Shieldbro was incredibly lighthearted.
>>
>>146463649
It's like the difference between people fine with playing single player rpgs that are casual difficulty versus people who can only have fun with achievements, multiplayer, and hard mode. Very rarely will they understand each other.
>>
>>146463649
Oh, manga got updated.
>>
>>146464334
Well some people say that it's revenge for making him change the wn end. Though if that was the case i guess he got better once he started working on the lns
>>
>>146438929
Because they are cucks
>>
>>146462466
Death March is the worst kind of garbage in the genre.
>>
>>146464607
How does that magically make it unbearable? I don't get it. Would you not feel pain if you didn't follow /a/ and simply read the gaiden? Or are you trying to imply that spear hero is all about being bitter?

Cause like I said, I don't get how you guys can think of spear hero as anything but a comedy. Whether it's Raphtalia dying or the 'NTR' it's all done clearly as a joke with no lasting implications since we already know the ending which is Raphtalia goes back and lives happily ever after with Naofumi, and Motoyasu goes back having won no girls nor Firo and simply lives the rest of his life with a bunch of random birds.

I mean I can't read raws, so I can only take interpret the spoilers so much, but every time someone posts something they cringe at, it's always followed by how it's a joke or doesn't matter in the end, so what's the big deal?
>>
>>146465101
What does that make people like you who purposely sift through garbage just to tell others it's garbage? Are you that guy on the designated shitting street that constantly yells at people about their poo being smelly despite choosing to go on that street yourself?
>>
>>146439452
Are there any stories where the MC's future knowledge isn't all that useful at first, and he has to actually study the world and figure out how it works before he can even start to use his modern education to think of ways to improve things?
>>
The japanese society is literally No Fun Allowed: The Society
>>
This nigger is so fucking broken he puts Rou from Re:Monster to shame.
Like, there is literally 0 conflict in this series because this guy is so utterly OP that there is no fucking way he could even be defeated.
>>
Aze-san is best girl.
>>
>>146465105
I'm not sure either how does that make it unbearable for some, maybe it rapes their headcanons and AUs because it explores those same AUs and gives you pretty much what would happen exactly?

I enjoy spear hero for what it is, a "fuck you" to the fans with tons of what ifs, plot, backstory and LORE sprinkled on it.
>>
>>146465438
Thank god for 3 free meteor casts
>>
When will Liza get the D?
>>
>>146439362
>But middle school scientific knowledge would be OP as fuck in medieval era settings

no it wouldn't. half the things japanese mc pretends werent invented in mideval times actually was there, and the other half of the shit he makes wouldnt work the way he makes it without magic carrying him like a crutch.

just look at all the super amazing foods the mc introduces in these stories. He makes shit from 'scratch' using what he believes are the base ingredients by looking at the back of a box in his kitchen. Like "LOL PANCAKIE DESU" NO BODY HAS EVER BAKED BREAD IN A PAN, SIMPLY SUGOI MC-SAMA!" SUGOI SUGOI, FRYING FOODS IN OIL TOTALLY ORIGINAL IDEA DO NOT STEAL.
>>
File: Liza.jpg (51KB, 375x600px) Image search: [Google]
Liza.jpg
51KB, 375x600px
>>146465670
Soon. She says that the only person to marry her is someone stronger than she is. And the only person that is that much stronger is Satou.
>>
>>146465670
No, Pochi did.
>>
>>146440346
this shit is hilarious

>my op reincarnation power is that i'm literate in a world of illiterates, and i know how important it is to bathe!
>>
>>146465351
magi's grandson isn't future knowledge its the common sense of our world is really useful when applied to magic but he doesn't know what their common sense is
>>146465183
I didn't understand at first why people would come to an anime board and complain about shows all day but then I realized its just a social outlet for them so they're just excited to talk about their japanese amateur fanfiction with other anons.
Pretty much the only reason these threads exist, I didn't see a single one before Overlord got popular.
>>
>>146465351
Harry Potter and the Methods of Rationality? I remember it starts out with Harry having his autism trigger over every little thing magic can do, but eventually he starts figuring out rules and workarounds.
>>
>>146465351
Invincible Saint is kinda like that. You can still find stuff to bitch about if you wanna be anal, but the MC earns his power kinda like Rudeus does in MT, except he wasn't born with massive mana. His sole advantage is receiving 1 extra skill point per level up, which means jack shit because for 4-5 straight volumes he doesn't even go past level 1 and he's already 'invincible' by then, let alone the fact that you can learn skills without skill points just by performing them manually. His biggest advantage is mainly his paranoia and being a masochist, neither of which have anything to do with modern knowledge.
>>
>>146461625
It's revealed later but his power comes from his ability to meditate and reach enlightenment. In 'our' universe, this means to reach a blank state of mind and be reborn figuratively, but in their universe it means to commit suicide of self and be literally reborn. The problem is, when a creature is born in their world, the universe grants it power based on its fate. So every time he plays out the act of being reborn, he is given more and more power by the universe.
>>
>>146465549
Is it really a fuck you? Maybe it's cause I don't self insert into Naofumi nor have a tendency to cheer for any character in shipping or whatever. I just enjoy the humor. Naofumi in Spear Hero is adorably naive as well, I've always wondered how Raphtalia would react to such a Naofumi.
>>
File: Digimon Adventure.jpg (47KB, 427x320px) Image search: [Google]
Digimon Adventure.jpg
47KB, 427x320px
Why don't you like isekai, OP? The best anime are isekai.
>>
>>146465764
>implying Heiron won't be in the running

There's actually plenty who can fit the bill, they just all happen to be Satou's friends.
>>
>>146438929
Flavor of the month.
>>
>>146465764
I'm always disappointed when I view light novel illustrations. I read these stories and imagine amaizng fantasy creatures and the people living in them, and then I see this boring japanese bullshit of the amazing lizard woman being a generic japanese girl with some boring scales. Shes not even a proper monster girl. Why the fuck would anyone discriminate against someone with a few scales or some fucking animal ears? Shit is so retarded and unbelievable.
>>
>>146466456

Humans IRL discriminate against people just because they talk funny or their skin is a different color, monster ears are certainly at least as distinct than that.

Not that I disagree with your overall point.
>>
>>146438929
Mostly escapism, it's easier with Isekai
>>
File: original (4).jpg (145KB, 912x1364px) Image search: [Google]
original (4).jpg
145KB, 912x1364px
>>146465764

The only people who can actually have a chance are people with strength around that of a [Hero] or someone who can kill/fight a Demon lord.

Keep in mind that Pochi, Tama, and Liza will continue to get stronger than Heroes and Satou wanted them to reach Lv 100 before he feels satisfied that they can take care of themselves.

And the amount of people who have that kind of strength are very few, so Satou has more or less ruined her because he raised her standards way too high.

>>146466415
Would be right with her current strength and level but Satou keeps fucking powerleveling them because he still thinks they're too weak to survive without his protection.
>>
>>146466456
>Why the fuck would anyone discriminate against someone with a few scales or some fucking animal ears?
They are stronger than humans so wars are a thing and humans in certain countries are butthurt. Wait until you get to the weaselkin basically ruining everything ever.
>>146466579
He said in a recent chapter he wants them to handle an army or a demon lord at least. I doubt it will stop at that. He's already seventy different people, has a thriving business, is the hero, knows the hero, and killed three demon lords and a spooky shadow.
>>
>>146466334
That's what it would look like to me considering the spoilers and whatever we got translated as of now.

I kinda ship L'Arc and Naofumi for their interactions in vol 5, and would like to see a yaoi doujin just so i can read and be done with this
>>
>>146466689
>weaselkin ruining everything ever
Are you implying what i think you're implying
>>
>>146466537
Humans discriminate each other primarily based on culture (ie conflicting laws and ideals), and as an excuse to monopolize or steal resources. There are very few people and are basically zero historical instances where one country went to war or enslaved another simply because they had slightly different physical characteristics. People hate immigrants because they steal economic resources, not because they are brown. People have trouble dealing with darker skinned pepple because they can't clearly communicate because of language differences, which innately leads towards distrust and aggression.

In before liberal fairy tales about the holocaust and evil white people going out of their way to enslave africans because of the wickied blackness of their dark skin. That's another problem with these stories, they become unrealistic because people try to use cat ears as a fill in for racial stereotypes and the author thinks that their middle school history lessons are enough to create believable political backstory.
>>
>>146466579
True, but Heiron has some crazy ass potential given how he's a level 60~ and still can make Satou's Crisis Perception ring like crazy. In fact if it weren't for the dragon spear Liza would need a hero title to stand a chance.

It's just that Satou will never allow him to tag along for power leveling given how catastrophic the surrounding damage will be.

Yuika isn't a lesbian so I guess she's out, but she's probably the series biggest example of levels mean jack shit. I don't think even the 3 lines of god were as scary to Satou than when she first went crazy on his ass.
>>
>>146466760
the nose knows!
>>
>>146466797
You're being silly, everything you said is true, but that doesn't mean people don't associate physical features with the things you said.

I mean for fuck sakes are you telling me nigger big lips jokes don't exist?
>>
>>146466817
>levels mean jack
>satou only beats the first demon lord he fights because he can tank all his attacks
>>
>>146466797

Are you suggesting similar issues aren't often the ultimate cause of discrimination against demihumans?
>>
File: original.jpg (227KB, 904x1380px) Image search: [Google]
original.jpg
227KB, 904x1380px
>>146466689

Wait till the fucker builds his own kingdom/city, fully master his space-time magic bullshit, and fends off a fucking worldwide alien invasion because the plot is off the tracks

>>146466817
I'm more worried about Pochi and Tama, they're right behind Liza in growth and they're fucking kids. Can you imagine how broken those two are going to be in future?

They're gonna stomp on Demon Lords for fun and fight armies for exercise, Christ.
>>
>>146466944
Blackface?

>>146466854
also no i'm not really sure what you meant with that, i'm sorry
>>
File: Arisa.png (501KB, 765x550px) Image search: [Google]
Arisa.png
501KB, 765x550px
>>146467059
When will we have some images of Sestina and Sera?
>>
>>146467059
>stop an alien invasion

Huh, never thought aliens would be brought up in any isekayy stories
>>
>>146467120
I think we already have a Sera pic.
>>
>>146467059
Will the story even last that long? Has it even been 1 year in Death March? I have a hard time keeping up with the timeline.

By the time they grow up the world will be at peace cause Demon God is dead and everyone is busy with Satou's BBQ parties. And it's not like Parion seems to be interfering with the harem hijinx so it seems to be safe on that front as well.

>>146467096
Don't forget chinks are all yellow though that's more to do with their historical malnutrition or whatever.
>>
>>146438929
So what Middle/High school knowledge would actually be useful in a medieval/fantasy context, and what would be a more realistic way to take advantage of it?
>>
File: 8M280dr.png (2MB, 1080x1920px) Image search: [Google]
8M280dr.png
2MB, 1080x1920px
>>146467120
>>
>>146466579
Dude got hypnotized by an ape and got almost killed like four times fighting people with level less than 90 even when he's lvl312, of course he's going to level them fucking more.
>>
>>146467204
We already got Cthulhi ripoffs with their own R'yleh, ayylmaos aren't a great deal.
>>
>>146438929
Suppose you get your ass dropped on a generic isekai, how do you get as filthy rich as possible as quickly as possible?
I'd just be able to jury-rig a dynamo with a couple big magnets and copper and presto, electricity.
>>
>>146467208
>Has it even been 1 year in Death March?
3 months by the time he is in elflandia
>>
>>146467258
I slept through most of my classes in highschool and I'm studying to be a translator (of this world's languages) so I would probably be completely fucked.
>>
>>146467236
when do these happen?
>>
>>146467234
>>146467206
Oh nice. How long til she tries to pin down and consummate her relationship with Satou?
>>
>>146466797
>>146466944
Not either of them, but they're both sort of right. Cultural difference is what gets in the way of living shoulder to shoulder, but physical differences and spiritual 'corruption' become more of an issue when miscegenation starts to become the focus.
>>
>>146467295
Then it's over, it's gonna be like Hayate where 1 year = journey's finished -> epilogue years later. That 1 year will be entered into the annals of legends as the HAPPENINGS.
>>
>>146467234
I thought she was a loli.
>>
>>146467327
I lucked out since I'm studying physics. Assuming almost everything works the same way there's so many way to get rich (or at least become insanely famous throughout academia).
>>
>>146467342

Are you thinking about the old grandma Miko that go turned into loli? Different character. Sera's always been a young missus.
>>
>>146467412
And then you get transported to a world where 1+1=5. Welcome to Ippo's Perfect Dempsey Roll universe.
>>
>>146467459

>>146467402
Shit that was meant for you.
>>
>>146467412
Wouldn't you end like all those guys who tried to become insanely famous by making amazing discoveries and then got fucked over by religion?
>>
>>146467412
More likely you'll be singled out and bullied by the existing academic culture that will shoot down everything you say based on their own paradigms and probably some kind of elitism against outsiders like you.
>>
>>146467503
No, I don't even remember Satou talking about her body or her being older than Arisa and the other lolis even being mentioned, so I just assumed she was a loli.
>>
>>146467204
don't look up the ending to the legend of maian light novel
>>
>>146467534
>>146467542

No one wants to point out how the death march universe basically fucked over a guy who invented nukes by the boatloads simply cause it's taboo?

>>146467573
No one reads LDY stuff for the story anyways, just the juicy girls and steamy teasing. Wish Aflame would continue though.
>>
>>146467234
I want to fuck her
>>
>>146467638
The Death March universe isn't a fair example because there is some asshole deity that gets buttmad whenever some tries to advance civilization.
>>
>>146467638
What happened to the nukes?
>>
>>146467638
>No one reads LDY stuff for the story anyways
and with good reason. his writing leaves a lot to be desired.
>>
>>146467638
> fucked over a guy who invented nukes by the boatloads simply cause it's taboo
Gods fucked him for the vapor engine THEN he made the nukes.
>>
File: Dm_vol6_008.jpg (97KB, 800x1177px) Image search: [Google]
Dm_vol6_008.jpg
97KB, 800x1177px
>>146467644
>>
>>146467719
They turned into duds cause a god or two got pissed. Nuclear power doesn't really mean shit against people who are nearly Kumo Admin level.

>>146467687
Shieldbro universe wouldn't work either cause Bitch Goddess. Hell for non-Isekai, even something like Rakuin is basically GG since humanity's futuristic star trek fleet just didn't work within that planet's atmosphere.
>>
>>146467804
*steam
>>
>>146467812
Sometimes I don't know if I should love Arisa and Mia for being so cute and based or hate them for being such fucking cockblockers.
>>
>>146467804
Yeah but his nukes were useless anyways. It just goes to show how modern technology means nothing.
>>
File: original (2).jpg (157KB, 920x1360px) Image search: [Google]
original (2).jpg
157KB, 920x1360px
>>146467904

Sera's sister with big puppies.
>>
>>146467975
She's basically getting a side character version of Albedo's treatment. Ringrande didn't get jack shit attention from Satou so it's weird why the author chooses to invest illustrations and scenes to her.

Actually does anyone know what happens to Nana's sisters in the LN, since they you know, all live this time?
>>
>>146467904
>yfw Arisa will die because Pochi changed Liza's death in her fan fiction

Well, not that it'd matter much beyond a revive Arisa arc.
>>
>>146468190
>Arisa will die because Pochi changed Liza's death in her fan fiction
wat
>>
>>146467833
Fabuley proves you wrong as it's built upon the technological knowledge of past heroes. But most of it is rendered moot becuase lol status magic
>>
>>146468217
Read the WN, it's fun.
>>
>>146468266
I read everything up to vol 14 chapter 45 and I don't remember about that.
>>
>>146467209
Germ theory of disease and the ability to prove it. From there, propagating knowledge of vaccines and naturally occurring antibiotics.
Knowledge of anesthesia and sterilization techniques
Telescopes, if glassblowing is advanced enough
Compasses
>>
>>146468313
I think anon was talking about that one chapter where Pochi was revealed to be a space princess.
>>
>>146468250
But Fabuley is a joke compared to Rock Valley, let alone becoming a god. To begin with technology is something formed because the wielder themselves are incapable of achieving something by themselves, yet most universes with godhood allow one self to obtain such power anyways. It's like taking a slow ass elevator when you can take the stairs.
>>
>>146468340
I don't remember that either.
What the fuck?
>>
>>146468385
Are you implying most people wouldn't take the slow ass elevator?
>>
>>146468338
How would one even start trying to prove germ theory without modern levels of microscopy? Vaccines are more doable, but they primitive form they've been around means they're still pretty dangerous and would get you branded as a quack and murderer really quickly.
>>
>>146468455
If you live in a world where you gain permanent stats by taking the stairs, indeed no one would.
>>
>>146468338
>Telescopes, if glassblowing is advanced enough
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fZTgX4UrVdE

Time to rewatch Men in Tights
>>
>>146468503
Tiny invisible demons, yo.
>>
>>14646838
Im not sure rock valley would be any more technologically impressive than melromarc before naofumi's apotheosis. Though i agree with you on godhood and shit
>>
Meant to quote >>146468385
>>
>>146468761
Well we know in Shieldbro that technology can achieve godhood, but it just doesn't seem likely modern technology would be enough to do so when Ren's world was far ahead and he couldn't implement jack shit, but then again Ren was a pure pure naive boy.
>>
>>146461166
It just means western men indulge in politically correct outlet for our inner conquerer. Who doesn't want to become a God of war mowing down armies of peons (or zombies, whatever)
>>
>>146468503
I'd avoid microscopy and use culture methods to show germ developments. You would make some gelatin infused with sheep or people blood, take a sample from a festering wound or some other infected tissue, perform some basic isolation streaks, and demonstrate the growth of colonies. That's assuming that the world wouldn't have some form of magic that would aid in glassmaking.

Cow Pox is the standard of easy, safe, and effective vaccinations and would be practical as the starting point for a demonstration.
>>
>>146466797
Spoiler, they actually tried to justify enslavement after it was established using the Ham story. Early on African slaves were pretty much treated like any other slave in Europe throughout history. The racial justification and religious ones only kicked into full gear as the agricultural cash crops of sugar, cotton, and tobacco skyrocketed in appeal and value and African slaves became cheaper than European ones.

Also most slaves were people captured in tribal warfare and then sold to Euros or other Africans. Slavery is a fucked up thing.
>>
>>146468933
What they say about sufficiently advanced tech, no different from /magic/
>>
>>146467904
>Mia
Has she ever said anything besides, un, yes and brief explanation about elf life?
>>
>>146469311
Occasionally she help by summoning stuff or playing music.
>>
File: 05 - nm3dh3688.jpg (1MB, 2160x3840px) Image search: [Google]
05 - nm3dh3688.jpg
1MB, 2160x3840px
Here's Aze, Satou's high elf waifu and arguably cutest girl.
>>
>>146469311
Guilty?
>>
>>146467929
>his nukes were useless
We actually don't know about it, he said that after he treated with human genocide the Gods transmuted all the radioactive material in the world but he never said if the nukes he had were transmuted along with it, were scrapped or if he still has them.
>>
I'm sick of Isekai shit I say this yet I like Konosuba
>>
>>146468190
I actually freaked out when I read that thinking it was a premonition/future chapter and that the story would take a grim dark twist with everyone dying and shit.
>>
Whar does isekai mean? A fantasy world or a human transported in a fanatsy world?
>>
>>146469468
It still means they easily have the power to fuck him up though. I mean we already know Parion can just come out whenever she wants and she's ranked Unknown by Satou's AR.

That said, it's a different story if the god is sealed like Demon God or dead like fatty's priest's god. We don't even know who fucked over Corpse or what power they had back then.

Still, given how Satou's magic can easily deal far more damage than nukes once again there's little point in technological supremacy which relies on well, technology as opposed to your own power. Even technology in Death March relies on magic to begin with, nothing is pure non-magic aside from maybe the nukes, it's just kinda pointless.

It's like choosing to invest in static flat non-scaling consumables versus just leveling up more with your character. Who would pick the former if they knew the latter had no limits?
>>
>>146469375
I like her design the best, followed by Sera's.
>>
>>146469617
I was half freaking out, half in denial thinking there's no way it's true. It had a great build up.
>>
File: 03 - iPEPN4E00.jpg (889KB, 2160x3840px) Image search: [Google]
03 - iPEPN4E00.jpg
889KB, 2160x3840px
>>146469657

Melts like butter
>>
>>146469468

The nukes were only a threat to humanity, basically a hostage tool. Corpse still had no way to touch the gods themselves.
>>
>>146469375
>>146469743
Worst girl in the entire series.
>>
>>146469743
Did you buy the book or something? I see those giant borders unlike the ones I downloaded off the wiki, not sure if they are the same quality.
>>
File: hat wobble.gif (425KB, 285x190px) Image search: [Google]
hat wobble.gif
425KB, 285x190px
I feel like it'd be fun if the MC was just some bum who didn't play video games and was a garbage man or some other useless job before he got sent to the video game world, instead of a giant fucking dork who will pick all the optimized stats and skills and destroy the Demon King or whatever cliche fucking thing it is.
>>
>>146469631
Literally, another world.
>>
>>146468973
It was more of a divide and conquer tactic since the black and white slaves were teaming up for rebellions. The former white slaves basically became the enforcers for blacks being enslaved.
>>
>>146469743
The kind I like in my pancakes.
>>146469806
Go to bed Mia if you sleep another million years maybe your breast could grow a millimeter.
>>
>>146469837
Go write about it then, I don't see what you're trying to appeal with it other than just wanting to be a special snowflake among special snowflake novels, so show, don't tell.
>>
File: 10 - CuMSoDa77.jpg (990KB, 2160x3840px) Image search: [Google]
10 - CuMSoDa77.jpg
990KB, 2160x3840px
>>146469825
I found some quality scans while I was dicking around, can't say much about it.

>>146469910
Have some Mia
>>
>>146469311
She talks a lot when she is drunk.
>>
File: bringing back marx.jpg (51KB, 546x482px) Image search: [Google]
bringing back marx.jpg
51KB, 546x482px
>>146469923
I dunno, it's just kind of boring to see the protagonist win every contest with ease because he knows how to min-max RPGs. I feel it would interesting to see how someone who has no idea what the fuck a RPG is even react to a RPG world. No need for such passive aggression.
>>
>>146468933
Oh also ren was focused more on being a loner and adventuring more than implementing shit because, what would be the first thing you'd like to do when you get to a new world that feels like a videogame if not doing those things?
>>
>>146469985
I must decline, go give it to another gentleman.
>>
File: Mia luv.jpg (787KB, 2160x3840px) Image search: [Google]
Mia luv.jpg
787KB, 2160x3840px
>>146470000

Nice quads, have more Mia anon.
>>
>>146470072
What a cute boy.
>>
>>146470023
I don't know why you are getting defensive. I said to write about it, as in explain the appeal in your post. Cause I didn't understand.

Are you trying to say you want an adventure with a noob? What about that VR Ossan thing where he picks the shittiest skills? Oh wait that's not an Isekai, that's an old geezer playing a video game.
>>
>>146439362
In theory, perhaps.

In practice, fuck no.

A middle schooler can't be relied upon to know anything in specific enough detail to make anything actually worthwhile, and definitely can't explain the intricacies in enough detail to actually satiate a scientific mind.

For example, I'm a college student, and I know the extreme basics of how firearms work. I understand barrel rifling and I could give a VAGUE explanation about how a bullet cartridge works.

But I couldn't fucking make a gun or describe it in sufficient detail to get one made without an actual blacksmith being very patient with me while we puzzle out the finer details together of the course of months, if not years.

That's not fucking world beating scientific knowledge, I'm fucking worthless. Can't even mass produce bullets, it would be such a huge pain in the ass to get a medieval societies logistic up to that point, and that's if by some miracle I could get into a leadership position, which there's no fucking way.
>>
>>146470177
Unless Lu Bu is your father in law, but at that point you'd just start learning wuxia and destroy armies with your fists.
>>
File: image.jpg (71KB, 724x1023px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
71KB, 724x1023px
It's not the worst genre I've been interested in, on that note Arifureta 136 got posted just the other day and I need to go read it
>>
File: 07 - nM5Azkg99.jpg (890KB, 2160x3840px) Image search: [Google]
07 - nM5Azkg99.jpg
890KB, 2160x3840px
Any liza fans around?
>>
>>146470177
What about you stop trying to make an i5 and make an slightly improved version of an abacus?
>>
File: 1466313741291.png (72KB, 229x290px) Image search: [Google]
1466313741291.png
72KB, 229x290px
>>146470306
>Arifureta 136 got posted just the other day and I need to go read it

Everyone point and laugh.
>>
File: Ripped as fuck Abe.jpg (152KB, 480x637px) Image search: [Google]
Ripped as fuck Abe.jpg
152KB, 480x637px
>>146470252
>>
>>146470252
>>146470398
I forgot the text, Anyways, I think some novels would be a lot more interesting if you had a historical figure in the Isekai setting. It be funny to see how they would react to certain situation like seeing an elf for a first time or a kabold, like and actual kabold and not that "I only have scales and a tale senpai" shit
>>
>>146470451
So, Drifters?
>>
>>146438929
Wait, this got a manga?

hooolleeeee fuck
>>
>>146469868
Somewhat, but economics were the really deciding factor.
>>
>>146470023
>it's just kind of boring to see the protagonist win every contest with ease because he knows how to min-max RPGs
What if he has to min-max a WRPG system and ends up mediocre or terrible because he doesn't grasp the mechanics at all? Like, a guy who thinks he's playing some JRPG but it turns out to be D&D3.5.
>>
>>146470487
Yeah, but not so focused on Japanese samurai, generals, and warriors. I am talking about Drifters, but with Presidents and shit.
>>
>Take great pains to hide identity for entire group
>Pochi keeps going nanodesu

How long can this charade possibly last?
>>
>>146470721
I loved how the Weaselkin dude totally found out but went full "Nope, not getting involved in this shit" and pretended he didn't see anything.
>>
>>146470682
Then you better go over to /co/ or something. I highly doubt nips give a flying fuck about presidents, when they won't even make manga about their own prime ministers.
>>
>>146469868
A lot of overseers were blacks as well anon, and slaves at the same time. Slavery is a bizarre institution to wrap our heads around nowadays. Free Blacks often owned Black slaves if they could afford it.
>>
>>146470768
The Legend of Koizumi was amazing though.
>>
>>146470177
While it's unlikely you'd recall and be able to implement (semi-)modern rifled infantry firearms, there's still game-changing power in half that knowledge.

A rifled cannon, smoothbore cannon, advanced steelsmithing, or simple gunpower would each add at lease one order of magnitude in military power to a nation which could produce it. Practices like rapid infantry transport, RFs, and dispersed command structure would multiply force with simple structural changes.

Or for wider applications: nutrition, classic physics, periodic table of elements, hygiene, germ theory, industrialization, etc. Even something as simple as a mousetrap would have major impact.
>>
>>146470800
That's cause the mahjong genre allows anything to happen. Have you seen the line up?

>Legend of Koizumi
>Akagi / Ten
>Saki / Achiga

The diversity of the genre matches the diversity of the tiles.
>>
>>146458008
Any more of this don't care if raws.
>>
>>146438929
Isekai is dead, how do we fix it?

Or better yet, what do we replace it with?
>>
>>146470851
None of those are game breaking in most Isekai where an RPG system is implemented. Some guy can have 50 levels over you in throwing rocks and would throw his pebble faster than your sniper rifle goes off.

Even in Drifters, nothing the weebs do matters compared to nigger jesus.
>>
>>146470681
>Die in real life as 40 year-old virgin
>Be reincarnated in another world
>Turns out being reincarnated in this world means that you have to roll your stats with no rerolls
>"Oh boy, this is just like maplestory that I spent fucking 10,000 dollars on at least with my Mom's credit card!"
>Roll crap stats
>6 all round for STR, DEX, CON, INT, WIS, and CHA
>Be born in new life as NPC as sorts
>20 years later you are just some human pleb that gets killed off when your village gets raided by orcs
>>
>>146470938
Have MC reincarnate a shitton of times, each time in a different world and/or time period.
>>
>>146470768
True, another idea would be where you take a MC from another light novel or manga and just plop him in one of the generic Isekai setting. Bet the nips would jizz their pants for that shit.
>>
>>146471109
But we already have that. Herohero is the MC of Slime Tensei.
>>
>>146471098
Elf tensei. It's shit.
>>
>>146469375
>>146469743
She looked cuter and less boring in my imagination.
>>
>>146470851
The problem there is that much of that knowledge is highly dependent on other things not all that apparent to us which will be sorely missed in a medieval context. That and they would seriously rub a lot of vested interests the wrong way and put all sorts of targets on your back.

Advanced book theories aren't actually that useful here, and instead practical things like civil engineering experience, double ended bookkeeping, and field organization for high-yield farming would be much better. Trying to get ahead with germ theory would be like trying to become a military genius after understanding modern squad tactics on clearing an entrenched position before realizing you have to get on a horse, march 10 miles, and then lead an actual group of medieval-era men without the convenience of satellite imagery or modern logistics.
>>
>>146471174
I wouldn't know, I kinda just stopped reading that LN a while ago cause it was just getting fucking retarded for me.
>>
>>146471002
>killed off
You mean pinned under debris or a fat orc while you helplessly watch your wife/daughter get raped and mindbroken.

Just kidding, no one wants to marry someone with 6 CHA
>>
>>146471242
It's a joke, they aren't related but Slime Tensei's MC was a direct fit for HeroHero from game character to job.
>>
>>146470938
>Isekai is dead, how do we fix it?

We can't fix what's dead, we just do what we do with every dead genre/plot device, give it to the fujos.
>>
>>146471287
With stats at 6 all round you are pretty much the fat, retarded, pig fucker of the village that no one would touch. The village would probably breath a sigh of relief when you die when you thought it was okay to stick your dick in a hornet's nest.
>>
File: tiny autist deep in thought.jpg (53KB, 350x500px) Image search: [Google]
tiny autist deep in thought.jpg
53KB, 350x500px
>>146465813
She also has the constitution of a dead rat.
>>
>>146439068
By definition, it is in fact a genre.
>>
>>146471182
This

People that think they're "smart" enough to improve upon a medieval system in any way are generally somehow not smart enough to also realize that they don't have the logistics, resources, social capital, experience, etc etc to pull off fucking ANYTHING of import.

Technology doesn't just appear out of nowhere, even if someone has the right idea and know-how. It needs a foundation to grow out of, rich fertilizer for ideas to take hold. It's not a one man show.

It requires an entire society working in natural concert for advancement to happen, one uppity autist that thinks he's hot shit for paying attention in his biology class simply can't do much.
>>
File: 04 - VLZ0D2D77.jpg (1006KB, 3840x2160px) Image search: [Google]
04 - VLZ0D2D77.jpg
1006KB, 3840x2160px
>>146471180

Eh. She's cute enough.
>>
File: Capture.png (193KB, 372x497px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
193KB, 372x497px
>>146471180
The same happened to me with Nana, I thought she would look like pic related even when I knew she was a grown Mia clone
>>
>>146465813
You're laughing now but those two things counted for ALOT in the sort of setting she's in. At the very least she and her sister will be the only survivors if a plague starts spreading.
>>
>see a bunch of Chaika translations on NU
Oh boy.

>the quality is garbage, like straight out of google translate tier
>>
>>146471730
I feel ya, I died a bit inside when I saw the quality and I worked my ass through Turbo's Kumo translation and pre-Nigel and company Overlord translations.
>>
>>146471550
>Weak autist MC
>Relies on others for help with everything
>Creates bonds through dependency
>Bonds develop to possible romantic relationships
>MC also tries to improve self to stop being so useless

Is this perhaps the best Isekai formula?
It's so far worked on Re; Zero and many people also love Bookworm.
Even My Disciple Died has this at the beginning, just add in some plot and create an endgame and then you're golden.
>>
>>146471182
>>146471607
I'd love to read a story one day about someone like that, maybe a Primitive Technologies kind of guy or a historian who loves what he studies but understands all the holes and gaps in his knowledge because of the fog of history, and while slowly making sense of the actual realities of the new world or past figures out ways to influence things for the better without going on a revolutionary power trip.
>>
>>146471801
Turbo's work is a literary masterpiece compared to this horseshit. Goddamn, I'm mad.
>>
>>146440346
>>146471550

What is this? Looks cute is it manga or light novel?
>>
>>146438929
I like Dungeon Defense best even if it's the edgiest Isekai in History.
>>
File: CXmbfNbUAAADXE_.jpg (69KB, 600x701px) Image search: [Google]
CXmbfNbUAAADXE_.jpg
69KB, 600x701px
>>146472042
Ascendance of a Bookworm, it's got a manga and a LN/WN.
>>
File: 070629074236_9[1].jpg (57KB, 750x563px) Image search: [Google]
070629074236_9[1].jpg
57KB, 750x563px
>>146471611
I was imagining something along the lines of a wakfu's eniripsa but with a cuter face and less brown.
>>
I wonder if the LN changes to Death March will in turn change how the WN turns out. LN changes a lot that can possibly affect the plot, so it's a bit depressing to think all those loose threads would simply be ignored to tied together haphazardly.
>>
>>146472133
Thanks anon, it looks comfy as fuck.
>>
File: dunde-001.jpg (109KB, 700x1059px) Image search: [Google]
dunde-001.jpg
109KB, 700x1059px
>>146472100
>tfw you'll never have regular sex with your pear-shaped stone-cold secretary and a genocidal lolibaba
The writer changing his writing style to depict the guy's growing madness is pretty fun to if translator-kun is to be believed.
>>
>>146438929

Because they know what happens when they become an adult, in Japan.
>>
>>146471831
Also works for the beginning of Shieldbro as well as the first arc of Eliza, just have to add in some despair.
>>
>>146470313
Of course. The only reason I'm reading this.
>>
https://www.mangaupdates.com/series.html?id=105581

and

https://shintranslations.com/the-new-gate-toc/

Are some of the more likable Isekai stories that I've found over the years.
>>
>>146472180
Probably the world will burn since LN Satou is too Japanese to interact with women
>>
>>146470941
For just power-levels, it depends on how the author gauges "power". mamare's said that if guns were developed in Elder Tale, they'd be significantly more powerful than any swordsman. Meanwhile, Kawahara has Gun Gale's guns be weaker than swords.

As for Drifters, Nobunaga's modern military and Jesus' unlimited(?) army haven't met yet. But we do know that Oda's tactics have been very effective, at the level of being considered better than magic by most people.

>>146471182
As >>146468568 noted, practice is effective even if the principle isn't understood. Logic gates are wizardry to the modern citizen, despite them using computers on a daily basis. Ascribe the practice to a supernatural phenomena (shrimp and shellfish are demonic) so people will use it and reap the benefits (shrimp and shellfish are bottomfeeders, thus disease-prone).

>Trying to get ahead with germ theory would be like...
I don't know whether you don't know or are overdating germ theory, but there's no "getting ahead" here. Merely dispelling miasma theory and replacing it with the understanding of disease as transmissible and prevented through certain hygiene practices would have benefits. Hot water, high-purity alcohol, and soap existed millenia before the medieval period.
>>
File: pk05.jpg (232KB, 700x500px) Image search: [Google]
pk05.jpg
232KB, 700x500px
>>146472275
Rip Eliza's translation. Wish someone would pick it up again but I guess it's not popular enough for anyone to bother.
>>
>>146472227
Enjoy your magic disease.
>>
>>146472312
>World Customize Creator
Fun at first but got increasingly more boring as it goes on

>notSAO
This is bait
>>
>>146472450
Magic cancer is fun.
>>
>>146472382
Give me two years anon and I'll translate it for you ;_;
>>
>>146472620
No rush, I've waited longer for other things.
>>
>>146472358
>As >>146468568 noted, practice is effective even if the principle isn't understood.
This is true for something that can be passed off as an artisan craft, like mixing concrete. But people aren't stupid even in the past, and trying to pass off something incomprehensible as demonic magic is a one-way ticket to getting burned at the stake at worst, or getting laughed at for being a madman at best.

I have a solid grasp of germ theory and its influence in modern health. What I also understand is that you'd be facing an insurmountable public health problem just trying to convince people to adopt a number of hygiene practices, many of which would invariably tread on cultural and religious practices through these sorts of tactics. This is actually a pretty common problem for health professionals who are unable to conceive that even fairly logical preventive health measures can be waylaid by modern custom and myth. Plus miasma theory proponents would be a constant thorn in your side as you'd lack any of the technology and widely held modern standards of evidence to convince them their model isn't just as effective.
>>
>>146472382
The only reason it's dead is the TL moved to China and got Firewalled out of Wordpress.
>>
>>146472503

>notSAO

It's more slice of life than actual isekai. But is amusing, when the plot actually moves.

WCC, I agree. Still, initially it's nice.
>>
>>146472763
Yeah, I know, would be nice if someone else picked it up.
>>
I wish someone would pick up Elvenblood again. It was apparently too much for the original TL's heart to handle and they dropped it after one volume to do nothing but Only Sense Online.

It was Edgy but not THAT Edgy Jesus Christ.
>>
>>146473033
Yeah, Krytykal is a fragile flower. Wish someone would pick it up because I feel blue balled as is right now.
>>
>>146472358
>>146472709

You're much better off keeping the theory to yourself and just applying its practical usage in a more humble guise. In fact you're much better off coming up with a Classical miasma based variation to germ theory if you have to explain at all. Just walk in, win some goodwill by helping people with their health issues, and explain yourself simply if ever at all. Save theories for when you become well known enough to debate at a university or royal court.
>>
>>146472709
If you're saying the challenge is social, rather than technical as you initially claimed, that would be true of anything.

Civil engineering? You aren't recognized by the architect guild, so you get laughed out. Double-entry bookkeeping? Their scholars have masters for generations, and don't need to waste time with your wasteful and condescending allegations. Field organization? See bookkeeping. Nothing new would ever be adopted because people are an "insurmountable problem" in keeping to their current ways /s.

The reality? Demonstration is the strongest evidence. Convince one practice to adopt the new technique, and compare their new results with their old results and their competitors'. There's no "lack of technology" to prove the effectiveness of antiseptic habits when all that's needed is counting cases of infection - you can count, right? And there's no shortage of potential adopters when all you need is someone ambitious. It's likely to take more than one showing, and it won't be widespread overnight, but it's possible.
>>
>>146472358
Guns in Elder Tale would just be magic enchanted guns though. It wouldn't be strictly science. Not even the steam engine in Elder Tale is strictly science. Once you integrate magic into technology, you can no longer claim science is superior since it's relying on the magic factor anyways.

The way guns would work in ET is simply because guns can also level up so it's no big deal. Log Horizon is more game based anyways, there's no 'god' so far, and even the strongest of the strong, Leonardo is only the strongest in one aspect, which is damage. So naturally a bunch of gunners would mow down swordsman since Elder Tale is stat capped to begin with. There's no possibility for any single character to achieve godhood so to speak, everything is relatively balanced, or at least not capable of being invincible.

SAO guns are gimp simply because of Kawahara's wank fest to swords, SAO isn't even an Isekai in the slightest so it means jack shit there's no magic it's just up to the programmers to adjust balancing.

Drifters will end in Jesus army losing, but it'll be ham fisted as usual and make no sense no different than Souten Kouro. The very idea that a guy who can create life out of nothing and can sustain an ever growing army indefinitely until he dies of old age with nothing more than a wave of his hands being able to lose is ridiculous. He can just stay far far far back in his home territory and flood Oda's forces over and over.
>>
I've really enjoyed Hello Work.

>MC wants to enjoy comfy life in small border town
>he works pretty hard
>not dense as a fucking rock
>mc level /= skill, people below his level can still kick his ass since they've trained with it
>LN art is nice
>made me laugh a few times
>pic related

Only cons is that each person who ever decided to pick it up goes on huge hiatus or just disappears. It's taken over a year for each volume, and gone through two different websites already.
>>
>>146472763
The Great Wall is still effective over 2000+ years.
>>
File: hellowork_vol1_0066.jpg (570KB, 719x1022px) Image search: [Google]
hellowork_vol1_0066.jpg
570KB, 719x1022px
>>146473389
Forgot pic, whoops
>>
>>146470329
That's fucking stupid. Do you know how much it would jump them forward if you taught them differential calculus?

But no, instead they get a 15 year old who only knows times tables.
>>
File: doushite1_cover.jpg (2MB, 1110x1630px) Image search: [Google]
doushite1_cover.jpg
2MB, 1110x1630px
>>146472382
The girlie grows up to be pretty handsome if the LN cover is to be believed.
>>
>>146472312
TNG had potential, but the most excruciating part of it, that possibly manages to surpass Re:Monster in badness, is how the author keeps pulling out new fucking moves every part of a chapter and spend a paragraph minimum on each of them.

All this does is basically make it impossible for the reader to even grasp how the game system worked. There's so much redundant attacks and just lolrandomsokewl attacks that you can't even imagine it being a game. Shin so far in the translated material that's out has more moves than half the classes in a typical MMORPG would have combined, and even if he's a 'specialized blacksmith' he still has enough ridiculous moves that you could pass him off as a god even ignoring his stats, and only look at the breadth of how many skills/spells he has.

You can tell it reeks of Xianxia/Wuxia given how the attacks are named and the overwhelming wankfest descriptions of his moves blows through everything. None of that is intolerable by itself, but god damn it just never stops.

I don't even remember any of his moves from the first volume anymore. It all rooks da shame.
>>
>>146473466
Half of /a/ can't even prove basic derivative properties, and I'm sure that half of the other half can't even understand them.
How are you going to prove and convince, let alone the earl, the farmer that a square saves you one meter of fence when they don't even know how to count?
>>
>>146473214
Except with practical things like engineering and bookkeeping practices one doesn't need to turn up at a guild spouting advanced equations and economic theories like a crazed street preacher. One just has to build it, or practice it, and let the results speak for themselves, and speak plainly.

That can't happen with germ theory. That is, while one can demonstrate the benefit of good hygiene, that can't then be turned around to explain how little microscopic creatures live everywhere and cause disease and how this is better than miasma theory because a miasma theorist can just as well explain what's happening by reforming their principles and adapt to it. That's how these sorts of theories survived for centuries in the first place despite practical evidence to the contrary.

Let's not even begin with the problems of conducting a public health survey on a small population without that many cases of infection to begin with, and relying on just happening across someone with ambition to have the foresight to hand over that much control of public health policy to someone, nevermind that such men of ambition wouldn't have any real control over these sorts of things, and would be very conscious of gaining a reputation as a mad, eccentric tyrant who goes around banning people from doing anything without washing their hands because his court wizard says so.
>>
>>146473606
Worse part is TNG has redeeming qualities. The mystery of the transportation and how it's dealt with all the players resembles Log Horizon, except this time players CAN DIE and more importantly the henchmen NPCs are all connected to their masters. There's a lot of aspects that make it stand out among other Isekais, but it's all overshadowed by the boring combat that takes itself way too seriously and invests way too much text into jerking itself off.

If I had to describe it, it'd be Skyrim: The MMO. Because that's how easy it is for high level players to basically dabble and spec into every damn tree. In fact the fucking last boss is even soloable and was designed to be a solo boss. About the only saving grace is that Stealth Archery is apparently very rare in TNG cause heaven forbid some Shin-tier character just PKs an entire nation from across the continent with an arrow to the knee.
>>
>>146473214
In my opinion, the key dependency for organizational shifts is authority. These do work out in "I got reincarnated as a noble" settings, because they have the authority to mandate a change first and then show the results after.

Technology-based changes can work out fine when the author has done the background work ahead of time so that the setting enables it. Like the gun nut one, because magic shapeshifting liquid metal let him skip a lot of the usual dependencies, and he could handle the design because he'd spent a decade working in a machine shop and studying gun technical manuals for fun.

Where it looks flaky is when the isekai MC is just dumped into a village and then revolutionizes everything because of course he does, everyone eagerly listens to his Japanese middle school knowledge.
>>
>>146457205
Each chapters pretty long as well, god dam the Koreans like trolling as an art.
>>
One thing that irks me is how even the LN of death march doesn't change the fact that the stats rarely if ever update. Especially after the early volumes. 99 is the 'cap' but it sucks that we don't know how the rest of Pendragon holds up in stats, or even the other characters.

But I get the feeling that the author just didn't wanna deal with numbers. He doesn't even bother with keeping track of skill level numbers later anyways. And then once Satou started making custom scrolls and got chant orb, it's just home free stretch for the guy to write in whatever he wants.
>>
>>146473792
What you're saying about engineering and economics is true of any theory-practice relation. Flask pasteurization and culture growths would demonstrate the germ theory in isolation, while antiseptic habits would demonstrate it in practice. Show they work to invalidate miasma theory, then present germ theory as an explanation for why they work.

And you have no understanding of where medieval infections were most common. There's no need for edicts or even public health to get hundreds of data points. Here's a hint: stab wounds.

>>146474238
Of course. I'm thinking less hero adventurer and more Lakeside Order, demonstrating effectiveness to powerful people.
>>
File: 1444519328685.png (221KB, 676x462px) Image search: [Google]
1444519328685.png
221KB, 676x462px
>it's a MC gets into a fight with a "aaaah? the hell you say? I'll kill you" pseudo yakuza minion in the adventurer guild episode
>>
File: 7bc29a3c.png (400KB, 1088x768px) Image search: [Google]
7bc29a3c.png
400KB, 1088x768px
What isekai VNs are there besides Muv Luv and Duel Savior?
>>
>>146474581
>What you're saying about engineering and economics is true of any theory-practice relation.

No, and I explained why already. Pasteurization and culture growths would not explain anything of germ theory without also giving miasma theorists a chance to explain away these things with a wave of their hand. The practical application of engineering is something that doesn't require anything but demonstration to convince medieval architects to study and copy, because it can be applied without any explanation of advanced mathematics and chemical science, whereas trying to explain germ theory without common medical understanding at a 19th century level is to only demonstrate it to oneself while presenting a phenomenon someone in the medieval age would retool to fit their own views of natural science.

This is why germ theory only comes about so late in history despite the concept of a vaccine existing for centuries beforehand. It required the existence of an ongoing debate between the transmission method of large scale diseases in a dense urban environment, and miasma theories that had advanced beyond what they were in the middle ages.

>stab wounds
Which already enjoy such a high mortality rate by their very nature that you'd never be able to prove how half the patients that survived did so because their caretakers washed their hands while the other half died because their wounds were already infected due to foreign material seeping in or their intestines spilled out.

These ideas would be great and all in the 19th century, but like others have pointed out it's not that simple at all in an earlier context. Semmelweis could only prove that surgeons were infecting patients by tracking infections from ward to ward because the modern hospital system with wards, sterilized surgeries, and contingent contagionism existed. It wouldn't work out half as well for him if he suddenly popped up in the 12th century without them..
>>
>>146475381
>practical application of engineering is something that doesn't require anything but demonstration to convince medieval architects to study and copy
You're arguing natural values; that medieval architects will accept, study, and copy a demonstrated due to their nature as architects. Are physicians of some artistic character which outright dismisses a practically successful theory because there's an alternative explanation? Why do you think engineers are some superior breed of people?

>you'd never be able to prove how half the patients that survived
Again, you can count, right? Casualties deceased per casualties treated. If the antiseptic surgeon gets consistently fewer deceased, people will care.
>>
>>146476551
>If the antiseptic surgeon gets consistently fewer deceased, people will care.
I'm sure you're convinced of that, but you're working on Isekai logic and seem unaware of the history of science, as well as Medieval society. There already were practical doctors like Hugh of Lucca in the Middle Ages who developed antiseptic techniques, but like I've been saying all along none of his results could trump the weight of established medical tradition, folklore beliefs, and the negligible improvement in mortality rates because of all the other complications that can end up killing a patient despite one's best efforts at following modern sanitation and hygiene in the past.

Even with everything we know, and all our modern tech and logistics, it took decades to drop modern India's child mortality rates by half, and we still can't manage to save hundreds of thousands from diarrhea related terminal dehydration despite the solution being as simple as telling mothers to give their kids water when they're sick, and they still do what they think is rational within their own mindset. To think a medieval village is going to be any easier with even less material support and backing is perfect Isekai tier fantasy.

Look, I never said anything about engineers being superior to physicians. What I'm saying is you don't really understand either, especially in a medieval context. An arch, a buttress, a dome, these are all things that can be wordlessly copied and even transmitted as an art form without any reference to architectural science. Physicians in the past were the same way, practitioners of art and tradition who'd adopt practice without need for theory.
>>
>>146477132
You're still arguing to nature, that a reproduction with any degree of understanding would perform as well something made by a knowledgeable person. There's no essence of concrete that persists in any attempt to make concrete, and failing to understand the theory will result in a poor performance which you would claim makes other fields less likely to be recognized. You're exempting engineering from the group of things which could be imperfectly applied and dismissed for that imperfection.
>>
>>146473214
>Civil engineering? You aren't recognized by the architect guild, so you get laughed out. Double-entry bookkeeping? Their scholars have masters for generations, and don't need to waste time with your wasteful and condescending allegations. Field organization? See bookkeeping. Nothing new would ever be adopted because people are an "insurmountable problem" in keeping to their current ways /s.

That's not how medieval society worked at all. You didn't have architect guilds, you had mason guilds where individuals competed with actual projects, not dissertations in a lecture hall. If the civil engineer slider builds a dank ass bridge, no mason would laugh at him and instead would be copying the design if not trying to apprentice with him to learn more. Scholars also didn't do bookkeeping, merchants did, and literally no other group in medieval society cared more about avoiding waste and being extremely suspicious of their loans and money dealing. That's why double ended bookkeeping was developed by Italian merchants, not court scholars. And what sort of scholar or master oversees harvesting? That shit is the purview of the landlord and the villagers who own the land in question, and literally all it would take to attempt it is to acquire a patch of land for yourself.
>>
>>146477512
None of that has anything to do with the debate. I'm never once argued that it's the nature of people, only that all your suppositions on the adoption of new technology is based on modern anachronisms requiring a society that believes in scientifically demonstrated policy, It's a complete misunderstanding of how the past worked even as late as the 19th century, let alone the 12th. You'd be surprised to learn what our ancestors managed without the proper understanding of modern scientific theories.

>>146477523
^This
>>
TL;DR until the Enlightenment, the scientific method was considered to be overrated, and your shitty highschool math knowledge is not better than the ancients' with the distant exception of you knowing calculus, but you don't know how to derive it from first principles anyway.
>>
File: What's going to happen to him.jpg (180KB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
What's going to happen to him.jpg
180KB, 640x360px
Why don't we get more stories revolved around alchemy and human experimentation to become immortal?
>>
>>146438929
You guys are all fucking plebs
The chink now their shit and now they started to have some Isekai novels in which a group of people (about 500) got transfer to the past
It's much more believable since with that much people they could basically build the foundation of civilization, produce stuff rather than lel I am a high schooler and I can make fire arms
>>
>>146477658
>I'm never once argued that it's the nature of people
Your assumptions of a society's willingness to adopt certain practices over others based on their field is an argument of the nature of people.
>>
>>146477981
Only if you're ignorant of that society and how it really works, but that's a hallmark of the genre. This is about institutions and paradigm shifts, neither of which can be changed without first understanding them completely.
>>
>>146478176
So by asserting that medical practice would not be adopted while engineering practice would be adopted, are you claiming complete understanding of medieval culture in the presence of an out-of-context problem?
>>
>>146478328
Not complete, just more than yourself, and enough to point out the obvious flaws. I'm not unique either, plenty of others have as well.
>>
>>146478405
Your position has been shifting on everything except nature. First science was incomprehensible demon magic, then science would be dismissed even if it worked because there were alternate explanations, then science with isolating proofs would be dismissed because there's no inherent 'science-ness' which can be made rote. You're ignoring what doesn't agree with you. And you call yourself an expert?
>>
>>146478731
None of these strawmen have any resemblance to my arguments. Feel free to review and figure out what everyone else but yourself seems to understand. I haven't ignored anything, I'm just saying your presumptions are absurd, whether historically, medically, scientifically, or even practically. So good night, and sweet Isekai dreams.
>>
I find it amusing how so many isekai series try to sidestep the practical difficulties of implementing modern technology in a medieval society by circumventing them with magic (i.e. "I want to install a modern flush toilet in my home but I don't have a sufficient understanding of how plumbing works so I'll just say a water spirit at the end of the pipe filters all the water and re-circulates it back into the reservoir"), but then completely ignore the implications that a society that has widespread access to magic this convenient wouldn't be a medieval street-shitting backwards-ass civilization living in wooden huts and stone castles to begin with.
>>
File: 1457058263609.png (50KB, 245x237px) Image search: [Google]
1457058263609.png
50KB, 245x237px
well what a shitshow that was.
>>
File: 1444081320266.jpg (81KB, 344x459px) Image search: [Google]
1444081320266.jpg
81KB, 344x459px
>>146479172
>>
>>146479168
Usually in these series not everybody has PHENOMENAL COSMIC POWER at their fingertips
>>
Why aren't there more series set in a mystical medieval Japan isekai instead? If I wanted Western fantasy I'd read a Western work.
>>
>>146480518
Because it's not exotic enough to the Japanese.

They want to fuck big-tittied blonde elves, not flat black-haired shrine maidens with a fixation on money.
>>
Look to Wuxia novels and their influence on Japanese creators, Giant Robo being a great example. Xian type web novels and isekai are merely the bastard offspring of Chinese Fantasy.
>>
>>146471596
Not really. It's just a setting. Or everything is a genre.
>>
>>146470177
>>146470851
Your knowledge of firearms would utterly fucking useless, because guns are OLD AS FUCK and have been around since before even plate armor. In fact, plate armor was originally created to counteract firearms, so even if you were in a world where firearms aren't known yet, it wouldn't be a huge game changer because people would figure out how to counteract firearms within a few years because, in case you didn't know, it took centuries for guns to get anywhere near good enough to pierce plate. And I doubt even a modern gunsmith has enough relevant knowledge to be able to recreate all the tech and techniques necessary to make guns at least on the level of the 18 century within his lifetime.
>>
>>146470938
>Isekai is dead
More alive and popular than it ever was and ever will be
>>
>>146438929
Because Japan is a horrible place.
Can't blame them.
>>
>>146474836
The Sword of Eternity series.
>>
>>146465101
That title belongs to Arifureta
>>
File: Capture.jpg (51KB, 674x244px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.jpg
51KB, 674x244px
>>146458008
This shit is hilariously retarded.
>>
>>146481235
I've still got them on my VN backlog, are they any good?
>>
>>146438929
It's an easy setting to start the hero's journey since it allows many options of worldbuilding from the beggining.
>>
>>146471002
>6 all around
You actually are worse than an NPC you are a retarded crippled. You'd need 10 all around to be NPC
>>
>>146481387
Eien no Aselia is pretty good, though the MC is pretty irritating and the art leaves much to be desired. I'm around a third of the way into Seinarukana and improvements to the art and combat aside, it's kinda shit.
>>
File: Ouroboros Record.jpg (2MB, 1446x2096px) Image search: [Google]
Ouroboros Record.jpg
2MB, 1446x2096px
Get some reincarnated mc as villains. This dude is out for immortality.
>>
>>146479168
>but then completely ignore the implications that a society that has widespread access to magic this convenient wouldn't be a medieval street-shitting backwards-ass civilization living in wooden huts and stone castles to begin with.
Even if you have the capability without the idea and imagination and the will to carry through it just goes to waste.
>>
>>146481475
>>146481387
MC is only irritating in the beginning and the prologue is extremely long and boring.
>>
My main problem with this is their choices for MC.
A "relatable" MC really doesn't cut it. If you cannot hold your own in our society, don't expect to be able to in a medieval/fantasy setting. You would be dead meat.

If anything, I think the proper MCs for this stories to properly work should be somewhat worldly (not necessarily adults, but make it so the life circumstances of the MC has made it so he has some experience at life). Give them some acquired ability that could be of use in that setting (e.g. carpentry, archery, some useful knowledge of chemistry, negotiating capabilities, minor engineering capabilities - for MacGyvering). Give them some level of maturity. A teenager with teenager issues would never allow for the story to tap its fullest potential (at least, not naturally).

I would love to see an Isekai story in which a former child soldier is taken to another world. It would make an interesting drama, since you could make say the child (now in his mid-late teens) had finally started adjusting and enjoying regular life when he got issekai'd.
>>
>MC rediscovers the lost art of enchanting
>only uses it to make an eternally burning blanket and a pipe that ignites when it touches stone
>>
>>146481625
I hate the idea of being relatable. We are creatures of apathy that try to create empathy through work. Depending on how you decide to make your character. If you can create them and understand them, then it is good but you don't need to sympathize with them entirely. Making a reflection of yourself within the character is not good as that can lead to escapism.
>>
>>146481546
Is someone translating it? The art is pretty good
>>
>>146481760
I think a relatable MC works best in SoL settings. Outside of that, not much.

MCs should be somewhat sympathetic, and it they aren't, they should at least be interesting enough you want to keep reading their story.
>>
>>146481797
I wish. It is a story about a person who fears to experience the afterlife again. So in order to escape death, he is willing to go on a path to become immortal while doing many what consider atrocious acts and alchemy. That is what I heard from readers that read this series.>>146477844
>>
>>146481614
>MC is only irritating until the imouto vanishes
Fixed.
>>
>>146481815
>>146481760
>>146481625
Having a relatable MC creates better immersion in anything. If you can't relate to anything the MC does, then the MC's actions will seem utterly alien to you, and you wouldn't be as interested in his trials and tribulations that go on as the series progresses.
>>
>>146481431
>It's an easy setting to start the hero's journey since it allows many options of worldbuilding from the beggining.
And exactly how are these options different from a regular non-isekai fantasy setting?
>>
>>146481647
Don't you have bar to burn down, Mik?
>>
>>146481876
The real problem is the relatable MC isn't relatable for those of us who aren't Japanese school kids.
>>
>>146481876
A believable and consistent world with good characters is a whole lot better at immersing than any relatable MC.
>>
>>146481876
That depends on the character. Based on a certain trait, desire, what they stand for, they do not expect anyone to understand them. Such standards people abide by are nothing more than trying to be in the perspective of that character rather than seeing what they stand for.
>>
Been reading 俺の異世界姉妹が自重しない!, I like how MC's reincarnated elf imouto, his onee-chan and his adopted imouto are trying their best to get into his pants.
>>
>>146481928
Well there you go anon, you found the real problem.

>>146481935
>with good characters

This includes characters that are relatable by definition anon. There's nothing good about completely alien monstrosities abiding by completely alien motives unless they are there in order for the actually relatable characters to react to.
>>
>>146481876
That's rubbish.
You don't have to relate to a MC to find his character interesting, or to be able to develop sympathy for him.

On the other hand, a character that hits too close to home might make me hate him from the get go.

Think of, say, Grisaia's Yuuji. He's hardly relatable to most. He's very intelligent, has life experience (in many aspects), is a bit of a jerk but very nice to those he cares, good with words, fun, good with the ladies, resourceful, good looking, good with several weapons (especially rifles), has a rather serious trauma. Yet, once you learn his story you can really connect to him and feel for his character.
>>
>>146482004
>or to be able to develop sympathy

If you can relate to somebody, you can sympathise with them. A character doesn't have to be 1:1 copy of you in order for you to be able to relate to them.
>>
>>146481611
>Even if you have the capability without the idea and imagination and the will to carry through it just goes to waste.
Ideas are a dime a dozen. Everyone has imagination.

It's the actual implementation that's the hard part. And yes, the will to see it through.

Except that gets completely trivialized by the "it's fucking magic, I don't have to explain shit" stopgap that every isekai MC uses to create shit. If every magician in the setting has access to bullshit magic then the world should be filled with amazing magical contraptions shitted out by bored magicians in their free time, not a podunk dung ages shithole filled with retarded haremettes that gasp in amazement every time MC re-invents some modern gadget with magical innards.
>>
File: 1361408448543.png (50KB, 627x620px) Image search: [Google]
1361408448543.png
50KB, 627x620px
>>146482004
>He's very intelligent

I lost you here.
>>
>>146481990
>This includes characters that are relatable by definition anon.
No it fucking doesn't. A relatable character is not the same as a good, interesting or sympathetic character. And just because a character isn't relatable doesn't mean that his motives and actions are suddenly nonsensical and alien. There is such a thing as logic, consistency and character development.

I don't need to have ever been in love be passionate about reading a dramatic love story and I don't need to have ever hated anyone to be able to enjoy a quest for revenge.

And other issue, is that a lot of writers use the "relatable MC" excuse to put in a generic everyman. Guess what, a generic everyman is not fucking relatable at all, because he basically has no personality besides the fact that he's a boring average person. It's like with average traits - if you make a person with characteristics that are all "average", he will not look anything like an average person.
>>
>>146482046
Yeah, but relatable in the context we're talking about refers to be someone who can hit very close to home to the audience (think: average high school student, otaku, average salaryman, etc). Average is also very important in this context, since they cannot be too good, though they can be below average.

That's why in my first post >>146481625 I typed relatable in quotation marks.

So, my point wasn't about writing characters that would be alien, but characters that would fit well into their roles (i.e. human beings that aren't average in every single aspect).
>>
>>146482091
Are you saying Yuuji wasn't?
Sure, he wasn't Zhuge Liang bullshit level genius like Kazuki, but he was still very intelligent regardless.
>>
File: ouroboros2_shoei.jpg (1MB, 1446x2094px) Image search: [Google]
ouroboros2_shoei.jpg
1MB, 1446x2094px
>>146481797
Maybe one day. But today is not that day.
>>
>>146482091
Autistic /= not intelligent
>>
>>146481901
I'd rather put on the mask again
>>
File: 1450805458406.jpg (132KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1450805458406.jpg
132KB, 1280x720px
>>146481797

Because the story itself is garbage.
The premise itself is just to justify edge without any further merit.
>>
>>146482219
Season 2 when?
>>
>>146438929
Parallel World Pharmacy but translation is dead.

Tilea's Worries but it got hard to read since I started feeling bad for both the good guys and the bad guys and how Tilea is fucked since she doesn't have a dick so she is unable to rape elves and gets friendzoned.
>>
File: 1350532016935.jpg (50KB, 354x376px) Image search: [Google]
1350532016935.jpg
50KB, 354x376px
>>146482103
A sympathetic character is one that you can relate to in some way anon. You can imagine events happening to them happening to you, and feeling the same as them, etc. But if you cannot relate to ANYTHING that they are, ie. a mass of tentacles that eats iron, you can't sympathise with it.

You can feel even a bit of sympathy for a car or something else, that has a distinguishable human face. Or can project a human emotion onto an animal that looks like it has one.

>I don't need to have ever been in love

No you don't, but you can fall in love with the characters within the story. You can relate to an MC in love with a character that you also like.

>"relatable MC" excuse to put in a generic everyman

No shit a generic everyman isn't relatable to some people, but for most people (since most people ARE generic), they are.
>>
>>146482219
Have you read it though? If so till wich chapter?
>>
>>146476551
>You're arguing natural values; that medieval architects will accept, study, and copy a demonstrated due to their nature as architects. Are physicians of some artistic character which outright dismisses a practically successful theory because there's an alternative explanation?

I'm not that guy, but I'm surprised this argument is still going, so I'm going to step in here and point out something I thought was stupendously obvious:

It's really fucking easy to convince people something that you can show a single successful example of, like an awesome building that doesn't fall down.

It's really fucking hard to convince people something that you can only show with statistics. Especially in an age where the people you needed to convince lacked the mathematical intuition or rigor to understand it. I mean, damn, in actual real history, we didn't even get that particular type of math down until the early 1800s. We still have trouble convincing people this shit is real *today*.
>>
>>146481971
Are all of his sisters reincarnated?
>>
You know what really triggers my autism?
>Japanese NEET gets reincarnated in a medieval fantasy world where the textile industry quite clearly hasn't advanced past the 17th century and everyone is wearing vaguely Dragon Quest inspired medieval fashion like tunics and dresses fastened by laces and belts
>except the females are still inexplicably wearing modern underwear and thighhigh socks in a world where stretch fabrics apparently aren't used for anything else
I guess believable world building is but a small sacrifice on the altar of the obligatory panty shots and zettai ryouiki.
>>
>>146480518
>Why aren't there more series set in a mystical medieval Japan isekai instead?

Even Japan is bored of Japanese history. It doesn't sell unless they genderswap most of the characters into cute girls and maybe add some giant robots, and even then it's a coin toss between modest success or total flop.
>>
File: Soldier_(1998)_poster.jpg (33KB, 237x360px) Image search: [Google]
Soldier_(1998)_poster.jpg
33KB, 237x360px
>>146481625
>a former child soldier is taken to another world

Wouldn't mind an anime of this.
>>
File: xin_052050209145815205341.jpg (159KB, 1000x678px) Image search: [Google]
xin_052050209145815205341.jpg
159KB, 1000x678px
How a realistic isekai story would go:
pic related.
>>
>>146482454
>I guess believable world building is but a small sacrifice on the altar of the obligatory panty shots and zettai ryouiki.
You guess? Shouldn't this be obvious? Don't fuck with ZR.
>>
>>146482488
Japanese history != Japanese mythology

I'd dare say a lot of D&D buffs couldn't tell you jackshit about European history either.

The real reason Japanese-themed isekai never took off is because everyone would rather just write Touhou doujinshi.
>>
>>146482410
Only his imouto from previous life, who always wanted to fug him since she has always admired him for taking care of her bedridden ass for most of her life.

The other sisters are residents of the fantasy world.
>>
>405 / 56 / 109 / 2
Why hasn't this thread been moved to /jp/ yet?
>>
>>146482615
I'm honestly surprised sibling reincarnation isekai isn't more commonplace, given Japan's huge boner for incest.

I mean there's basically no better way for an author to fulfill his fetish for fucking your real little sister while still getting away with it with the editorial department since they technically aren't related anymore.
>>
>>146482689
Because you're a faggot.
>>
File: 1382073108869.jpg (65KB, 396x596px) Image search: [Google]
1382073108869.jpg
65KB, 396x596px
>>146482320
>No shit a generic everyman isn't relatable to some people, but for most people (since most people ARE generic), they are.
The other guy has a good point, make a character average on every single aspect and then they become either unrelatable or plain unlikeable.

That brings a second important aspect other than being able to care for the character, and that is the character has to be likeable and/or interesting, because no matter how much you can relate to the MC, if he's too generic to be likeable, then you'll simply stop caring due to lack of interest.
>>
>>146472275

it happens a lot in Mushoku when you hit the point in the story that you realize [spolier]magicians can't beat swordsmen and that the MC is literally nothing special, just high agency[/spoiler]
>>
>>146465813

right let's just forget about the author constantly reminding us just how strange and weird maine's fevers are
>>
>>146465351

Rick Cook's Wizadry series has a '80s era programmer figure out how to construct a programming language in the magic system. I like it but it was written by a computer nerd for other computer nerds who programmed and played Dungeons and Dragons in the 70's/80's.

The Ring of Fire series (starting with the book 1632) by Eric Flint and other writers has modern Americans dropped into Shot and Pike Europe. They start off with modern tech and knowledge but they have to scale down to a lower but sustainable tech level.
>>
File: what the fuck am i reading.jpg (120KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
what the fuck am i reading.jpg
120KB, 600x600px
>>146482454

>Hating panty shots and zettai ryouiki

Anon, you don't enjoy anything anymore huh?
>>
>>146470851
anon, gunpowder doesn't magically grow from the soil. and i doubt you know how to cook gunpowder either
>>
File: 1471930778876.png (32KB, 142x160px) Image search: [Google]
1471930778876.png
32KB, 142x160px
>>146483525
How do people STILL fuck up spoilers?

How difficult is it to press ctrl+s?
>>
>>146484694
Cant do that on mobile. So he probably is on tablet or mobile.
>>
>>146481625
well konosuba is a good example of this type of isekai.
>Neet reincarnated
>The god who was supposed to give him his OP ability laughs at him
>he decides to wish for her to join him to his world. there he finds
>ends up with no OP abilities and a useless support god
>finds out that life in this world is basically glorified japan workforce with him working blue collar jobs like brick laying and painting
>later grinds to get abilities and remains in his noob city because fuck demon lord and obligations
>he ends up with a single spell mage, a useless masochist vanguard, and a dumb support archpriest
>visits succubus shops regularly
>>
>>146483090
You don't need to tell me this, I know that it's easy to make characters bland as hell. But making them relatable is the base for any of that.
>>
Am I the only one who actually likes OP MCs? I rather have a gary stu than some shit faggot who can't even talk to girls or loses all the time in my isekai.
>>
>read Ascendance of a Bookworm
>will teach peasants one of the most hardest writing systems in our world
>>
>>146485238
>>will teach peasants one of the most hardest writing systems in our world
Does she not start teaching in that world's language? I am quite sure she is helping teaching the soldiers learn math and stuff with Otto.
>>
>>146485235
I like OP MCs when there is a legitimate reason for their power, like having trained and put in some actual effort instead of just being given a cheat by some omnipotent god pricks. A good example of this would be Invincible saint or growth cheat. I mean yeah they do get a boost from the get go but they wouldn't have anything if they didn't put the effort in to begin with.
>>
>>146484729
>ends up with no OP abilities and a useless support god
Infinite revives in a permadeath world is pretty OP.
>>
File: IMG_20160826_0003.jpg (536KB, 2096x2412px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160826_0003.jpg
536KB, 2096x2412px
>>146479168
Most people in those settings aren't given godly power by the whim of a god.
>>
>>146481269
By Sakumoto666
>>
File: pervert.jpg (14KB, 573x39px) Image search: [Google]
pervert.jpg
14KB, 573x39px
>>146481387
Seinarukana is aight so far but I can't shake the feeling that I'm still in the prologue.
>>
>>146485360
>infinite revives
that's not his ability and an over exaggeration. he died once and aqua used her influence to bring him back because luckily he met one of her juniors. he even says after, not to try to revive him again and you would know this if you watched or read it. either that or you're confusing this with Reddit:Zero
>>
>>146485360
Plus Aqua is probably the only one capable of killing the demonlord at this point and still has the power of a god. Aqua may be a lazy and stupid bitch , but she is OP as hell.
>>
>>146474836
>What isekai VNs are there besides Muv Luv and Duel Savior?
Kyokon Tensei ~Onna Dake no Isekai de Himekishi-tachi o Tanetsuke Shihai! Subete no Min ga Niku Onaho Desu. Harami Ana ni Seishi-sama Omegumi Kudasai~
>>
>>146484729
That seems boring as fuck.
>>
>>146486911
>Kyokon Tensei ~Onna Dake no Isekai de Himekishi-tachi o Tanetsuke Shihai! Subete no Min ga Niku Onaho Desu. Harami Ana ni Seishi-sama Omegumi Kudasai~
That's a fucking mouthful senpai.
>>
>>146486911
How did they fit all that on the cover?
>>
>>146481884
You don't need to give MC a motivation, or tell how he decides to take a journey.
He gets thrown in an unknown world, meets someone who offers a free infodump in the first pages and then follows it on a whim.
Plus self inserting.
>>
>>146465101
No fuck you. Nothing can beat the steaming pile of shit that is Re:monster
>>
>>146487970
That's an idea - Hero-kun tries to summon The Goat with a Thousand Young and is instead thrown into another world ....
>>
>>146486069
Eris is always in charge now, so he's always getting revived.
>>
Who needs isekai when you can just be born into the world to marry delicious cake?
>>
File: 1426558221889.png (443KB, 1143x330px) Image search: [Google]
1426558221889.png
443KB, 1143x330px
>>146461122
It still gets on my nevers on how the author just goes and says Makoto can't have children with any of his followers because he's technically hyuman. That's a real dick move.
>>
>>146488707
Is he actually a hyuman? I thought being born on Earth made him a type of human/hyuman hybrid.
>>
File: CXFGSD8U0AAG9Pg.png (476KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
CXFGSD8U0AAG9Pg.png
476KB, 600x600px
>>146488690
Cute!
>>
>>146484444
Sulfur, saltpeter and charcoal.
>>
>>146488690
>>146488826
I still can't tell which ones supposed to be the male.
>>
>>146488975
Silver hair is a male.

Red hair is a girl.

Cute as fuck story.
>>
File: 279ed072.jpg (213KB, 872x1280px) Image search: [Google]
279ed072.jpg
213KB, 872x1280px
>>146488975
Pretty obvious really.
>>
File: doushite1_character.jpg (2MB, 2013x1456px) Image search: [Google]
doushite1_character.jpg
2MB, 2013x1456px
>>146489214
At least compared to this where if I didn't tell you that the chick on the right was a chick you'd never know.
>>
>>146488813
>“… I see. So you were grumbling because you wanted a reward. Hmph, I don’t like that greed of you humans. Even my hyumans, I was unable to take out that part of them from the base of humans they were made of. Being a hyuman but living as a human, that’s quite the fitting avarice. Well, you are lucky. Your narrow escape from death just now was also lucky, but right now I don’t have the time to spare for negotiations. Say what you want, but say it right this instant” (Bug)

I even checked the original text to make extra sure the translation was right:

>“……なるほどね。ごねたのは、要はご褒美が欲しかったって事。ふん、人間はその欲深さが気に入らないのよ。私のヒューマンも、ベースになった人間のその部分だけは取り除けなかった。ヒューマンでありながら人間として生きていたお前には似合いの欲深さね。とは言え、お前は運も良い。今の命拾いもそうだけれど。今は交渉に割く時間が惜しい。言いなさい、ただしすぐに”

>ヒューマンでありながら人間として生きていたお前には似合いの欲深さね。
>For a hyuman who has lived as a human, that greed fits you.
>>
>>146489214
Why are they wearimg each other s clothes?
>>
>>146489336
>>146488813
He is nowhere close to hyuman anymore anyway. And even if he were he should have turned his subordinates into beings close enough to have sex with him. He is probably first one to turn a supreme dragon into a hyumanlike existence and the first to sucessfully impregnate one.
>>
>>146489424
>and the first to sucessfully impregnate one.

Is this a spoiler or just speculation?
>>
>>146453614
>not liking NTR
faggot
>>
Are there any decent Isekai that don't end with the character becoming a living god or local legend? Something more along the lines of Konosuba (albeit not necessarily comedy) where the MC has to live in the world as a more average adventurer, or even as a villager or something.
>>
>>146489758
Grimgar
>>
>>146489758
>party members with a literal living god and a local legend of explosion and a high ranking noble
>lives in a mansion
>>
>>146458162
Is this Tsuki ga Michibiku?
>>
>>146489758
So far, almost all Isekai characters become a least Local Legend in the mid-end of the series, even Konosuba Because Kazuma defeat the Maou in the WN
>>146490026
Grimgar still may end with the MC becoming a legend
>>
>>146490170
Yeah.

Speaking of all these web manga adaptations, is Kumo the only one that is uploaded in non shit resolution?
>>
Japanese-style parallel world, European medieval setting but there is soy sauce and rice, fuck
>>
>>146490222
Anything by alphapolis has low quality , especially in web version. Kumo is from youngaceup.
>>
File: 1469055914401.png (587KB, 933x720px) Image search: [Google]
1469055914401.png
587KB, 933x720px
>there will never be an isekai with a christmas cake in the MC bowl, let alone winning it

Fuck everything.
>>
File: 01.png (289KB, 450x504px) Image search: [Google]
01.png
289KB, 450x504px
>>146490872
Better stop reading isekai and read this instead then, just look at that delicious cake.

>>146488690
>>146488826
>>146489214
>>
>>146489758
Muv-Luv Alternative
>>
>>146481264
Also re:monster
>>
File: SS-complete.jpg (324KB, 676x497px) Image search: [Google]
SS-complete.jpg
324KB, 676x497px
>>146481625
Well the MC is 18 but this is pretty much what you're talking about.
>>
>>146471428
wouldn't 6 be pretty decent across the board?
>>
Duke;s daughter is getting translations again woo hoo!
>>
File: 1419968623332.jpg (244KB, 1224x814px) Image search: [Google]
1419968623332.jpg
244KB, 1224x814px
>>146439068
It's more than just that fish out of water protagonist and familiar video game high fantasy settings are both crutches for the writer to dump exposition or skip it all together. The wish fulfillment and escapism are a big part of their appeal.

Note that the protagonist is always whisked away by fate or a tragic death. This makes us inherently sympathetic because they are trying to make the best of a chaotic and accidental circumstance. They almost never go by choice because that would be acknowledging that they are a loser and failure at life who is willing to throw away everything they have for a petty sense of romance. One of the reasons why it's always a high fantasy setting like Dragon Quest and not something closer to Berserk or Dark Souls is because plague and famine would make you appreciate being a NEET real fast. I mean jesus how fast would you miss plumbing?
https://youtu.be/azOvRwrqz2M

The fact that no time is devoted to lamenting/reflecting is all the proof you need. Never seeing friends or family again, never getting that big promotion or job of your dreams, or not being able to buy that house with the white picket fence. Never an actual identity of their own or prior motivations for their behavior besides, "nothing to hold me back now!", which is never justified by actual difficult circumstances. This is really evident in Overlord because Momonga actually misses his guildmates more than having a real life.

The only time this is acceptable is if they are chasing after a loved one but when you think about it is really superficial for a high schooler who would fall for anyone who gives them a little attention.
>>
File: 1430155560196.gif (2MB, 245x187px) Image search: [Google]
1430155560196.gif
2MB, 245x187px
>tfw got addicted to wuxia/xianxia novels
Why the fuck are the translations so slow? there's about 4-5 novels that are completely translated, the rest is all 1/3 or less. Stuff like LLS should get their dedicated team to translate 5-10 chapters a day, its absolutely great
>>
>>146481625
>If you cannot hold your own in our society, don't expect to be able to in a medieval/fantasy setting. You would be dead meat.
You'd be fucking surprised how fast you can adapt when your life is on the line, no matter how much you think you're useless. Either that, or like you've said, you'd simply die
>>
>>146493020
Until some drunk and angry dwarf hangs you by your foreskin with your bowstring until gravity gives you a botched circumcision, which he proceeds to play like a violin.
>>
>>146470177
>>146439257
No one appreciates engineering. I think greatest thing they could do is build a lathe or figure out water filtration.
https://youtu.be/xUiW2LUzL5c
>>
>>146493020
I find the concept of growing from an ant-like existence to full out smashing stars with your palms interesting more. The whole reaching the apex of strength on the planet, only to set out to the stars to find out the MC is like an ant in the grand scheme of things,especially if there's good world-building and lore behind the empires that rule the various galaxies etc. Too bad only wuxia novels do this
>>
>>146444562
>>146444639
>>146445145
It doesn't make a lick of sense though. You're going to get away from all your first world problems like the rising cost of housing in the city by going to the middle ages and dying at the ripe age of 42?
>>
>>146488100
Not being human is a + but the ever growing harem and power creep is irredeemable.
>>
>>146488621
>Eris is always in charge
No anon, aqua isn't even in charge. you get a random god everytime you die. it's like going to the job office. whoever is free will deal with you. and they have superiors. reviving someone from the dead is against the rules which is why aqua had to threaten Eris to revive Kazuma
>>
>>146487117
it's more comedy than action. It's GREAT comedy with a very interesting cast and a more interesting MC. even without meme explosion /a/ would still like the show
>>
>>146493026
>Why the fuck are the translations so slow?
>like a dozen different stories get daily translations
>you want 5-10 chapters a day

That's insane.
>>
>>146488934
>Sulfur, saltpeter and charcoal.
madmax teach you that?
there's also a chance that sulfur or potassium nitrate won't exist in their world. and you also have to know the ratio to mix or you will literally blow yourself up
>>
>>146493797
Nope, Eris is in charge of that world so it's always her.
>>
>>146493873
Stuff like ISSTH gets 3-4 chapters a day, while other stuff barely gets 1 daily, and the chapter isn't even 2k words heavy. Not that i'm saying ISSTH is shit, but there's lots of good stuff out there thats obviously popular, but nobody is picking it up since there's someone that's already on it. Only problem is they're fucking slow/lazy
>>
>>146489758
dungeon master is good.

except MC's degenerate foot fetish and loli crew everything else above average
>>
>>146494065
>MC's degenerate foot fetish and loli crew
Why are you implying that is bad?
>>
>>146493797
Aqua's not at the top of the chain, but she was in charge of Earth's afterlife, and Eris is in charge of the world Konosuba takes place in.
>>
File: 1456095220964.png (422KB, 810x1003px) Image search: [Google]
1456095220964.png
422KB, 810x1003px
>>146493326
Oh yeah sure but that always gets side tracked by the harems, angst, the evil on the horizon which the protagonist rarely has a developed reason to care about. You might say, "well how else is he going to get home?", but they never bring up missing home or what they'll do when they return. The worst culprit has to be Legend of the White Kingdom. By the third chapter, you might forget that it was ever an Isekai series!
>>
>>146439452
Which isekai series features a guy who gets transported into a different world and becomes that world's greatest inventor due to his high school level education? Cause I know of none
>>
>>146494314
Gunota would be the obvious example of real world knowledge making the character OP.

Lots of examples in other Isekai of knowledge of science making magic/tech OP, e.g. Slime before he becomes a demon lord.
>>
>>146494112
foot fetish is a degenerate fetish.
>>
>>146494239
Isekai series is just shit in general, but the 'wanting to return home' doesn't make sense to me. Usually the MC gets powerful,a harem that wants his dick and supreme authority. Why would they want to return to their shit life they had previously? Being too hung up on wanting to go home is just as shit as not mentioning it at all.
>>
File: 1464581789844.png (322KB, 720x720px) Image search: [Google]
1464581789844.png
322KB, 720x720px
>>146494239
This image infuriates me
>>
>>146494440
Sometimes their life isn't shit. Sometimes they have things and people they cared about back home.
>>
>>146494513
Sure,parents and siblings, but they usually die/reincarnate etc. Either way, its not a difficult choice to make between not seeing your parents again and living like a god
>>
>>146494371
Rimuru was still pushing for railroads and other things, but he got caught up in the war with the emmpire.

>>146494440
>>146494513
Shieldbro was sorta successful and had his life sorted out before getting isekai'd. He also considered staying in the other world until betrayal happened.
>>
>>146494648
>Rimuru was still pushing for railroads and other things, but he got caught up in the war with the emmpire.

I'm talking about how he refracts sunlight to kill tens of thousands of soldiers with impunity It's a bit less contrived than some of the applications you see in isekai, but it is still a pretty tangible example of some middle school science being OP in a fantasy setting.
>>
>>146494702
To be fair that was Raphael-sensei doing most of the work.
>>
>>146494648
Shieldbro is fucking shit either way and a really bad example though, and later on he goes between worlds anyways
>>
>>146494732
It was great sage back then, I think, and yeah, like I said, it isn't the worst example because there are extenuating circumstances.
>>
File: CO8Z6JsVEAAFjRH.jpg (106KB, 567x802px) Image search: [Google]
CO8Z6JsVEAAFjRH.jpg
106KB, 567x802px
>>146492687
Hifumi is a sociopath and a "renaissance man", fucker somehow knows a billion ways to kill you and how to properly run a government.
>>
>>146494773
Oh right, great sage-san. Or Mr. Great sage?

Goddamn skills.

>>146494763
And leaves fragments of himself to live in his world and the other world. I wonder if the fragments he leaves make him stronger as they return to him.
>>
>>146494863
also edgy 2deep4u nothin personnel
I literally can not read this shit without cringing.
>>
>>146494050
Be fucking happy if you're even getting weekly updates, most shit I read gets one update a month if I'm lucky.
>>
File: 1449629705004.jpg (106KB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
1449629705004.jpg
106KB, 640x360px
>>146494513

I'd say 70% of the entire genre has a protagonist that never once talks about a lover or family, yet still wants to go home after becoming Zeus himself and having the world in his hands.

It's a valid reason to go back home, but the authors VERY RARELY set up a good motivation for him returning home, and just bank on the idea that you, the reader, would want to go home too and can sympathize with his homesickness 24/7.

Using real magic? Nah, I miss melon pan at the convenience store. Hottest women on the planet lusting for you? Nah, I have video games I need to finish.
>>
File: 1383082646051.png (182KB, 356x1768px) Image search: [Google]
1383082646051.png
182KB, 356x1768px
>>146494440
Anon don't you understand? It wasn't that life got easier, the power to turn things around was with limpdick MC all along! He just needed to believe in himself! Just like he was able to defeat the Demon King, he can make all his dreams come true even without being a Hero!
>>
>>146494909
I'm having fun because of how stupidly silly it is.
>>
>>146494909
Is it the kind that you cut yourself just by reading it?
>>
>>146494929
>tfw translator apparently disappeared off the face of the earth
>no notices of dropping the series or anything

RIP like a dozen different series I read. Shoutouts in particular to Otherworld Dining Hall.
>>
>>146494985
Yes, I am fairly sure there was some hardcore wanking over folded katanas as well.
Also it begins with him getting powers of god of darkness and then killing him because he's outdarkness'd him. Something like that.
>>146494981
I suppose it has that appeal my man, each to his own.
>>
>>146495060
Nah, it's literally Hifumi wanking his godkatana because he doesn't have to care how he cuts with it because it goes through bone otherwise he'd actually have to pay attention to not chip the blade. Half the time he doesn't even use it though so that's fun.
>>
>>146494954
Japs are really forcing the self-loathing thing, does every nerd really feel that bitter about their own life? MT was good in this aspect, author focused on his otaku personality/lack of self confidence at the start which was really off-putting, but then the MC developed in a really good way.
>>
>>146495188
I see, it's been a while.
>>
File: 1469434662891.gif (18KB, 152x191px) Image search: [Google]
1469434662891.gif
18KB, 152x191px
Good thread guys, hope we can keep the discussion up in the next one.
>>
>>146439029
>anime meta
Go back to your containment board/thread/general.
>>
>>146495188
>>146495247
Oh now that I thought about it wasn't that the bit with the blacksmith? I recall him being amazed at something.
Thread posts: 512
Thread images: 78

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.