[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What is his next move?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 176
Thread images: 27

File: latest.png (179KB, 225x350px) Image search: [Google]
latest.png
179KB, 225x350px
What is his next move?
>>
>>146314419
Does he have any other franchises to destroy?
>>
>>146314794
>destroy
>not revive
>>
File: GADU_ANDU_SIVA.png (169KB, 225x350px) Image search: [Google]
GADU_ANDU_SIVA.png
169KB, 225x350px
>>146314419
He starts up his own franchise of the Gold and Silver Pawn Shop in Akihabara.
>>
He will direct the next great groundbreaking genius level moe idol series
>>
Getting 4.0 done fucking finally.
>>
>>146317586
This. He'll probably do a deconstruction of moe as a whole.
>>
>>146317586
You know what, I can believe this.
>>
>>146317605
What is the word on this? I figured it'd be almost released by now.
>>
>>146317555
>episode where people from 2ch call to ask if they have a copy of ghosts and goblins
>>
I want him to deconstruct the Pokemon anime. What would it be like?
>>
>>146314419
He's involved with Dragon Dentist apparently.
>>
>>146317893
Digimon
>>
File: 1472269086707.jpg (38KB, 540x587px) Image search: [Google]
1472269086707.jpg
38KB, 540x587px
>>146317893
>>
>>146317992
Yeah, pretty much.
>>
>>146318071
Fuck that fucking useless frog.
>>
>>146317950
He said that the new Godzilla movie of all things has revitalized hist creative drive and he's prepared for 4.0, finally. Also that he was honestly a few months from coming out and telling his fans
>I'm sorry, but 4.0 will not happen, period. The End.
But apparently he has now started to "ACTUALLY" get the gears moving to get it made/finished/started/whofuckingknows. So yeah, take that as you will.
>>
Getting a sex reassignment surgery
>>
>>146318133
That frog is symbolic of Shinji.
>>
>>146318225
Oh god, I wish that would happen. It would be the final "fuck you" from the master. The perfect end to the series.
>>
Probably destroying another franchise.
>>
>>146314419
Putting the final nail into NGE's coffin.
>>
>>146317727
Try "not even in production". I counted myself an EVAfags, but some evafags who still hope for that movie should be put down.
>>
>>146314419
get laid?
>>
>>146318368
Spoken like a true ignorant retard.

Not saying that it won't be a "fuck you" of some kind, but it's definitely not the one you think of.
>>
an hero
>>
>>146318459
The shitstorm would be hilarious. Fuck off.
>>
>>146318401
kind of like the jap JJ abrams
>>
>>146318555
>lolo look at me I wait for de shitstorm xD

Congratulations on being a bottom feeder. Here's your (You).
>>
>>146318581
JJ Abrams is based compared to Anno though. Abrams might make schlock, but it's a more honest and well-meaning type of schlock.
>>
>>146318605
The only bottom feeder here is a faggot like you who apparently likes Rebuild enough to get mad about it not having an ending.
>>
>>146318630
>but it's a more honest and well-meaning type of schlock.

no, no it's not. JJ's shit is cookie cutter, by the books. Anno at least has some passion and creativity.
>>
File: 1413792939300.png (81KB, 295x290px) Image search: [Google]
1413792939300.png
81KB, 295x290px
>>146318652
>yfw when IDGAF whether or not it has an ending or not

Just reminding you that you're the lowest of the low, a retarded moron who actually takes pleasure in literal shitposting - a bottom feeder who eats the excrement smeared on transient chat boards.
>>
>>146318800
Where do you think you are?
>>
>>146318825
We're on /a/, and even here, you are the worst of the worst. Enjoy your last (You), loser.
>>
>>146318856
I think you have autism.
>>
File: anno h.jpg (16KB, 475x313px)
anno h.jpg
16KB, 475x313px
>>146318675
JJ Abrams has far more passion and creativity for what he does than a loser like Anno.

I don't expect you to know this since 95% of the people on /a/ are secluded twats who don't know anything unless it's anime.

Anno has produced just pure pandering and there's less creativity in the Rebuilds than any of JJ Abrams reboots. That's how bad the Rebuilds eventually became.
>>
I'm actually excited for 4.0

He's foreshadowed some cool shit to go down, and the rebuilds so far have been at the very least entertaining, if not as high-brow as the original series, though the first half of NGE wasn't all the deep either. I didn't like 3.0 much the first time I watched it, but it has grown on me. I enjoyed watching Shinji gay it up with Kaworu.
>>
>>146318927
3.0 is far more creative and interesting than the fucking Rehash Awakens.
>>
Yet another retconing of Eva
>>
>>146318952
Not true at all. Listen, I'm actually trying to be objective here. If you're just going to be an ignorant fanboy, then I simply won't bother with you.

So let's review: Abram's Star Wars first movie has far more new characters with original development, progressive plot from the old series. Keep in mind that whether you like/dislike it isn't relevant. It's simply the truth. Now, the same movie is far more original than Anno's first movie in his Evangelion movie series. Because unless you forgot, 1.0 is quite literally made up of re-animated scenes featuring the same characters, dialogue and plot with only small alterations to make it fit the format, and two changes that don't mean anything in the context of the movie.

I mean, there's just nothing here you can actually dispute. In the case of Anno vs Abrams, Abrams is the lesser hack. This is coming from someone who does not like the new Star Wars movie, mind you.

>>146318950
You're a faggot and your opinion is worthless. Just FYI.
>>
>>146319129
You didn't even read my post. I said 3.0.
>>
>>146318927
>JJ Abrams has far more passion and creativity for what he does than a loser like Anno.
You went too far there.
>>
>>146318927
Unlike JJ Abrams, Anno has made things of value.
>>
>>146318675
did you watch 3.0? lack of passion and reverting back to the old formula is what it was made of
>>
>>146319174
I read it and I rejected your nonsense, Abrams rehashes anything from Star Trek to Star Wars these days. You can't simply cherry pick, but we kept it to franchise vs franchise, and you can't leave out that Anno literally copied content for an entire movie, and even in 3.0 is reusing the same characters.

>>146319204
It's the sad truth. I've seen Abrams more engaged with the work through interviews and statements, discussing it's nuances than the virtual mute that is Hideaki Anno, who only engages in moderated interviews, or faux-interviews where he's technically interviewing himself.

I said that if you're going to be a fanboy, fuck off. I like Anno more than Abrams, so if I can accept and understand that Anno is in this time period the absolute worst schlocky rehasher there is, so should you.

>>146319216
I don't even disagree, but what you said has nothing to do with this. Fuck off fantard.
>>
>>146319129
>You're a faggot and your opinion is worthless. Just FYI.
I could say the same about you and we wouldn't be any closer to understanding each other. You don't need to get so mad about something so inconsequential.
>>
>>146319219
No? Why would I waste my time watching literal shit.
>>
>>146319342
I already understand you, that's why I say your opinion is worthless. Just FYI.
>>
>>146319129

my opinion is objectively better than yours you fucking mongoloid
>>
>>146319324
Although film has a more rich history than Anime you're well aware that Anno actually was very influential to Anime while JJ Abrams is just a sad imitation of Spielberg?

He makes mediocre popcorn movies. At least you could had picked David Lynch or someone more tasteful but that hack? Give me a break faggot.
>>
>>146319342
I think it's more that anyone with the opinion you have, with the "I like characters being faggots" angle and whatnot, don't have any opinions or thoughts worth discussing, that's why you're told that your opinion is worthless, and I agree.

Some times I dream about how good the Eva fanbase would be without braindeads such as yourself.

>>146319348
Not that guy but you're clearly not eligible for comment then. Both are bad obviously, but you need to see both.

But then again, about Abrams, who knows. The first movie was clear rehash schlock, but the second and third movies are more promising than any of the "next rebuilds" ever were. Says more about Rebuild than the Star Wars series though.
>>
>>146319361
Would you care to enlighten me as to why?
>>
>>146319483
Try reading your own shitpost here: >>146318950
and try putting things together. If I didn't knew better, I would have guessed that you were mentally challenged.

I mean seriously, give it a try, just look at your post and think what's wrong about it.
>>
>>146319457
>lots of unrelated bullshit
Excuse me? You lost or something? This is hardly discussing the obvious question of who is more influential, which would obviously be Anno. It would be their takes on rehashing franchises into movie series. Sort of like the OP implies.
Nothing else was said by me or others either, so you must truly be a obsessive fat manchild fanboy to even come up with such a dumb reply.

Now fuck off you pleb trash, go jerk off to your "Anno fucks me in the ass" fantasies in some tumblr hug group or something. Fuck.
>>
>>146319463
>"I like characters being faggots"
I suppose what I said could be interpreted that way, or if you were less of a pessimist you could have assumed that I meant more simply that i enjoyed their on-screen interaction, which as it turns out is the truth.
>>
>>146319596
says the guy who has JJ Abrams cock deep in his throat for no good reason, as enthusiastic he could be what's good for if his films are forgettable flicks? Also implying this guy has any sort of creativity when he steals ideas from the 80s is also fucking retarded. You whole argument failed as soon as brought up that hack.

You're choking a hundred dicks right now faggot.
>>
>>146319537
>I mean seriously, give it a try, just look at your post and think what's wrong about it.
If I knew what was wrong with my post i would not have posted it at all. If you're unwilling to explain what fault you find in it I must assume it's simply a case of "wrong opinion".
>>
>>146319618
>thinking it was interpreted
Here's what you wrote, verbatim:
>I enjoyed watching Shinji gay it up with Kaworu.

You have a shit opinion and no, you did not mean anything more than that because that's what the movie literally is. There is no deeper meaning to their interaction besides acting as homosexual escapism for adult children who can't cope with real life.

That is how it was at release, and that's how it has been for almost five years now and how it will continue to be for many more years.
>>
>>146319704
>HUR DUR HE LIKES ABRAMS!

No I don't you degenerate retard. This is how I know you're an obnoxious fanboy, because I literally said that I prefer Anno to Abrams earlier.

However, you are an intellectual amoeba who never, ever contributes anything of value anywhere except tribal fanboy bullshit as is your only contribution in this thread. You aren't capable of disseminating or understanding a post beyond picking out whether or not it's negative towards your fan favorite, and you responded accordingly as you have with every post.

If I were you, I'd seriously consider suicide because your existence is not one worth living.
>>
>>146319725
It's not a case of wrong opinion, it's a case of you being too braindead to try. Not only are you braindead, but you are also so weak mentally and psychologically that you won't accept attempting some self-critique, even fucking anonymously.

Some other poster already gave you a pointer. I'm not going bother any more with you. Try discussing at MAL or Gaia instead, there's probably someone on your level there.
>>
>>146318950
So if Anno farted on a piece of paper labeled 3.0 that he had drawn half an EVA and a quarter of a Misato onto, would you be excited for "shart stained paper - 4.0" ?

Because that is quite literally how dumb your expectations are.
>>
>>146319728
>>thinking it was interpreted
The act of reading is the act of interpreting text, I just told you that your interpretation was incorrect and offered a clarification, you don't need to be obtuse about it.

Neither escapism nor homosexuality are inherently bad, but characterizing the entire movie as that and nothing else is a bit narrow minded. The point of Kaworu's character in both the rebuilds and the original is to give Shinji a fleeting glimpse at happiness and genuine human empathy without pretenses and conditions only for it to be snatched away, in the rebuilds' case through Shinji's own stupidity, leaving him even more depressed and susceptible to the allure of escapism/human instrumentality. Hopefully Anno will be able to follow through on this in 4.0.
>>
File: 1471268166485.jpg (58KB, 524x393px) Image search: [Google]
1471268166485.jpg
58KB, 524x393px
>>146314419
Become king
>>
>>146320266
>The act of reading is the act of interpreting text,
Stopped reading there. You may kindly fuck yourself for attempting to salvage face through the use of semantics in a place where it's not required.

I'll simply let it be known that you're such a coward you won't even admit to fucking up or having an inherently shallow opinion. Just think about how ashamed you are of your own opinion and contributions to this thread, so much that you actually need to lie about it.

If you're going to reply again, do it without the bullshit you homo.
>>
>>146319219
>reverting back to the old formula is what it was made of
Like how JJ did with TFA.
>>
File: 016.jpg (31KB, 361x431px) Image search: [Google]
016.jpg
31KB, 361x431px
>>146320266
>he made up all that shit to justify jerking it to homosex
it's like you actually think people on 4chan don't see right through you

if you were any more transparent than you were just now, you'd be a perfect replacement for glass in windows.
>>
>>146318401
But Godzilla was good
>>
>>146320395
>Stopped reading there.
So you won't even read my post, and yet you call me the coward?

I wasn't being semantic, you literally misINTERPRETED my post, therefore you had to have interpreted it in the first place.
>>
>>146320266
>Neither escapism nor homosexuality are inherently bad
...and this is coming from someone who watched EVA? Watch it again fujoshi. You clearly didn't get it.
>>
>>146320611
I didn't misinterpret a single thing, your attempt to save face proved my every single point, as you still are by trying to bullshit your way out of it.

I mean really, are you that ashamed of what you actually feel and think? You know, I think you should be. Because only someone truly ugly could actually have the opinion you have. At least you instinctively know how shit you are and try to shield yourself from it by bullshitting like you just did.

Now try again, without the bullshit. Because you get nowhere with bullshit.
>>
>>146320521
I didn't make anything up, all that shit is obvious if you actually bother to think about what you watch.

I am not a homosexual, whether you accept that won't change the truth. Assuming that anyone anyone who disagrees with you is an undesirable or has some alternative motive is a common tactic on 4chan (see the numerous accusations of people being crossboarders, SJWs, shills, or /reddit/) but it's still just another way of avoiding considering ideas that run contrary to your own.
>>
>>146320620
Just because I watched, understood, and enjoyed it doesn't mean I have to agree with it.
>>
>>146320672
>Now try again, without the bullshit. Because you get nowhere with bullshit.
Or you could just read my post, I'll even copy paste the damn thing.

>Neither escapism nor homosexuality are inherently bad, but characterizing the entire movie as that and nothing else is a bit narrow minded. The point of Kaworu's character in both the rebuilds and the original is to give Shinji a fleeting glimpse at happiness and genuine human empathy without pretenses and conditions only for it to be snatched away, in the rebuilds' case through Shinji's own stupidity, leaving him even more depressed and susceptible to the allure of escapism/human instrumentality. Hopefully Anno will be able to follow through on this in 4.0.
>>
Anno revolutionized an entire industry, Abrahms did fucking nothing.
You are fucking stupid, please kill you're self.
>>
>>146318630
Star Wars episode 7 was literally episode 4. Anno, although he is a hack, is way better than that.
>>
>>146320894
That's the bullshit you posted, repasted.

Why did you do that? I said I didn't want any bullshit. You posted bullshit.

Try again.
>>
>>146314419
CRUSHING THIS PL--

Oh sorry, wrong question.

Hopefully Eva, no? Honestly, him and his studio are already doing a shitton for the industry by giving the means to the shorts production.
>>
>>146320930
Star Wars episode 7 isn't literally episode 4. It's similar, but the same? Not at all.

If you want to take about "similar", then look no further than Rebuild 1.0, a movie in which Anno himself says he was "frantically copying Evangelion". 1.0 is NGE redrawn, and 2.22 plus 3.33 are also rehashes in form, only butchered.

Anno isn't just bad, he's far worse than Abrams as far as EVA/Star Wars is concerned.
>>
>>146321028
>Hopefully Eva, no? Honestly, him and his studio are already doing a shitton for the industry by giving the means to the shorts production.

Actually, it's not doing anything whatsoever for the industry. It's a commercialized thing Dwango forces in because they're partneres with Khara. You know, the owners of niconico.

It's made purely to pat themselves on the back, whilst the animators gets paid a measly 18k USD a year. (really, even worse for some).

It's pure self-congratulation, and it goads idiots like you into thinking "oh it does something for the industry". Think again.
>>
>>146320982
Ignoring my argument entirely and just calling it bullshit is infinitely more bullshit than what I posted.

Why don't YOU try again.
>>
>>146320815
Except everything you wrote was totally made up and makes no sense at all
>>
>>146321142
You don't have an argument. Posting the bullshit you just posted this time and every single previous time is my proof for that.

So try again, post for all to see, your actual, honest opinion an feelings, because nothing else will be accepted. Your inane ruminations is just a shield to cover up for what you actually think, because if you actually were honest, it'd be revealed how pathetic you are. What you don't seem to realize, is that you are ten times more pathetic by lying about it.

Stop wasting your and my time. I have told you several times before, post something actually well thought out, something you know anyone with a drop of intelligence won't rip to shreds the second it's posted with extreme prejudice and ease.

You're already a loser for having that opinion, now at least be an honest loser.
>>
>>146314419
I hope he spends all the 4.44 (or 3.3 + 1.1 whatever) money on funding the animator expo forever.

New, original shorts, with talented people showing off their works week after week for years at a time.

It'd be one of the greatest gifts to animation.
>>
File: DESHI BASARA.png (933KB, 876x671px) Image search: [Google]
DESHI BASARA.png
933KB, 876x671px
>>146320930
>I haven't watched Star Wars episode 7 or the Rebuild series
Thank you, come again.
>>
>>146321107
Thank you, I'm a sheepson and I woke up. I guess what i meant to say is that it's doing something for the viewer by creating stuff that stands out. I don't think it's my place (nor is it yours) to give a shit about the animators working conditions. The industry itself is obviously cancer that lives off overpriced shit that only the people with the most hard-on for the characters will ever consider buying.
>>
>>146321274
Except no one gives a shit about animator expo, and animator expo produces less quality animation than even regular moeshit dreck, much worse the "nerd goes into fantasy-land trend".

If I were to describe Animator Expo, it would be a semi-occasional gathering of ugly, horny men jerking each other off, grunting and huffing as they go. This goes on for five minutes, and no one ejaculates.

There is no finish, it's absolutely pointless to watch and consume, has no meaning and is quite simply a masturbation session that goes on, and never produces anything of value.
>>
JJ is a king of mediocre or government worker of hollywood.
I don't understand his appeal at all.
>>
>>146321292
But it doesn't stand out. Any 90's or 80's short puts it all to shame, not to mention OVA's. A lot of the Expo stuff is eva-pandering or the abuse of Khara voice actors into meaninglessness.

If you want to watch things that stand out, do yourself a favor and go backwards rather than forwards.

>I don't think it's my place (nor is it yours) to give a shit about the animators working conditions.
But anon, that is the industry. I realize now that you meant something else, but that is highly important to the industry.

You may not realize, but by setting such low standards for animation as Anno does, being an industry leader, everyone follows suit. Evangelion is a insanely rich and profitable project, and the workers are figuratively left with Anno's cum-drippings after he blew his wad after how much money he got.

This means less and less people are willing to use their artist skills to make anime and follow their passion, because hey, people need to eat to survive you know. Only the most obsessed will ever give it a try, and who would that be again? Moe otaku obsessed with drawing cute girls and nothing but cute girls.

Basically Anno is the Satan of the anime industry, as he has all the means to improve it but is in this moment sucking the life out of it. He is actively encouraging the idea that China/Korea will take over as well.
>>146321453
Maybe that's the appeal, mediocrity and stability. Pleb sells.
>>
>>146321147
>>146321247
>post something actually well thought out, something you know anyone with a drop of intelligence won't rip to shreds the second it's posted with extreme prejudice and ease.
If my post was so paper thin why haven't you ripped it to shreds yet? Or is actually defending your opinions beneath someone of your massive intellect?

You made the claim that Shinji and Kaworu's interaction was nothing but homosexual escapism, I explained why I think that is wrong, if you can't in turn prove me wrong then I must assume that I am right
>>
>>146321571
Still more bullshit I see. Time's a wasting. I am waiting for honesty, because I have given you nothing else but honesty myself.
>>
>>146314419

suicide, when he realizes he's a hack.
>>
>>146321571
It would be like explaining to you why 2+2 is not five like you said it was, it would be like reading to you the entire dictionary to show that everything you wrote was wrong in every possible way
>>
Anno should direct an anime adaptation of the Henshin Emergence hentai
>>
File: 1472050570290.png (728KB, 1165x1075px)
1472050570290.png
728KB, 1165x1075px
>>146321639
>ctrl+f
>suicide

anon delivered
>>
File: Love Pop Dvd9-1.webm (2MB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
Love Pop Dvd9-1.webm
2MB, 640x480px
What did he mean by this?
>>
>>146321690
>>146321639
Awesome timing too!

>>146321571
If I get to chime in, then it's because pretending there's any worthwhile interaction in 3.0 between Kaworu and Shinji that isn't there for the yaoi-bait means you're crazy. They had more time together in the original series that had meaning, and that was less than 20 minutes, aganst 3.0's 96 minutes.
>>
>>146321662
Or maybe it would be like not eating lead paint chips, because you're obviously incapable of doing either.

>>146321599
>Y-you're bullshitting! I-in fact, it's such bullshit that I don't even need to refute it! HAH!
Try harder.
>>
>>146321809
The terms haven't changed. Be honest, be intelligent, and you will get intelligent replies.

You aren't holding up your end of the bargain. You've refused to look into yourself or analyze the shit you've written. Keep trying, it amuses me to be proven right every time you post.
>>
>>146321747
That's just a symptom of the obvious pacing issues that 3.0 admittedly has, it does not invalidate the relevance and appeal of Shinji and Kaworu's interaction as a whole.
>>
>>146321849
If you want me to write your argument for you then you're out of luck. At least >>146321747 had the decency to post an actual critique.
>>
>>146321960
You don't have to write out my argument, just your own. One that isn't bullshit. Indulging you will only make things worse, so it's better for yourself that you're honest. Come on, go on with it.
>>
>>146321906
It invalidates it entirely It's a movie with more than thrice the duration, but still with less depth than that single episode. You can dress it however you like, but the depth you claim is there, isn't there. All you've done is say "it has this and this", without considering the whole.

In the end the only thing you wrote that was actually true, was that "you like it that they gayed it up".

I could take a yaoi manga with just buttsex and claim "it has meaningful interaction between the uke and the seme, and gay sex isn't a sin". The entire appeal is still just a gay fetish, and nothing more. Pretending it's more than that is disgusting.
>>
>>146317650

>He'll probably do a deconstruction of moe as a shithole.

FTFY
>>
>>146319129
Now you're just being immature
>>
>>146322045
>>146321906
topkek

It's like writing "I like K-ON! for the meaningful character interactions."
>>
>>146322114
Meh, gotta respond to tone some times. Both were dumb fags and deserved to hear it.
>>
>>146321371
It's animation for animations sake.

There's absolutely nothing wrong with that, anon.
>>
>>146314419
He'll just record hanging himself.
>>
>>146322208
So literally, forced animation?
>>
>>146322208
Animation for animations sake is meaningless.

If Animator Expo produced godlike animation in it's shorts, then maybe, but so far - that's not the case at all. It's sub-par in nearly all cases, and for even the standouts you'll find better animation in seasonal anime.

Animator's Expo is at the core just Khara filling the time with something, because they've got to do something, right? Then they are tied with their partnerships to produce some online content, through nico, which is Khara is now a part of.

So if you're curious about what this means, it means that Anno made a new company to make the Rebuilds, and managed to sell out before he finished them.
>>
>>146322045
3.0 was mediocre, it had some stuff going on, but it was mostly setup for 4.0, which isn't out yet, so it appears worse than it actually is.

>still with less depth than that single episode
'Depth' is the most subjective measure of anything possible. What about that episode was more 'deep' than what was shown in the movie? The only quantifiable measure is the impact on the characters, which is greater for Shinji because he's more ostracized, he spends more time with him, and he kills him through his own stupidity and not for the sake of the human race. 3.0 even had more symbolism if you're into that.

>In the end the only thing you wrote that was actually true, was that "you like it that they gayed it up".
Oh joy, more ad hominem, lovely
>>
>>146322469
>3.0 was mediocre,
3.0 was worse than mediocre, it was downright bad. This:
>but it was mostly setup for 4.0, which isn't out yet, so it appears worse than it actually is.
is bullshit and you should feel bad for saying it. 3.0 appears as bad as it does because 3.0 itself is a bad movie. It's not the non-existent movie 4.0's fault that 3.0 sucks ass, it's allt he choices that 3.0 made that makes it suck ass.

You're proposing that 3.0 needs to be "saved" by 4.0, which is just utter proof of how shit 3.0 is, and it's proof of how dumb you are. Because you only care about gay pandering you pathetic sack of shit.

>'Depth' is the most subjective measure of anything possible.
Depth is a general term that is in this context understood as having objective value, eg. the substance and development/ characterization of the character, and how well it is portrayed.

In episode 24, there is more characterization, and development for Kaworu. There are more sides and nuances to the character, and he has to tackle more than being quite literally only focused on Shinji. Kaworu is still a shit character compared to the rest, but in Rebuild? Unforgivable.

>The only quantifiable measure is the impact on the characters,
That's fucking stupid, and wrong. All of the above that I wrote can be measured, more objectively as well. Because while you cry about "impact", all you mean is how gay it made you feel inside. It doesn't account for how realistic, believable or meaningful your said gay feelings were. Which is zero in Q's case.

3.0 has absolutely no symbolism except providing material for pathetic wankers such as yourself, and by that I mean deluded fanboys/girls. That is pandering, not depth. The whole "boo hoo Shinji kills Kaworu" thing you just posted? Total bullshit, and 3.0 doesn't even make a good case for it.

So can you just kill yourself already? You come here, shit in my eyes and ears by writing what you just did, and you expect to be taken seriously?
>>
File: snapshot20070703213323.jpg (72KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
snapshot20070703213323.jpg
72KB, 640x480px
>>146317893
Like this, only without being cancelled halfway.
>>
>>146322684
>>146322469
But just before you waste time replying: don't. At this point you either accept that you're lying to yourself and us with the nonsense you post, or you admit yourself to a mental hospital. Because judging from how willing you are to twist reality to justify your sexual deviance, there is nothing anyone can do for you except put you out of your misery.
>>
File: hideaki-anno.jpg (36KB, 298x264px) Image search: [Google]
hideaki-anno.jpg
36KB, 298x264px
>>146322684
You are amazing and I haven't seen an Anno takedown as truthful and not relying on memes as this one since that thread on /m/.

http://desuarchive.org/m/thread/14550064/
>>
>>146322684
Not him but I liked 3.33
It was really fun for me
First the overall production quality was really good
Asuka's new design was really cool, Sakura was cute and balanced the cold emotional response Shinji was getting from everyone else
Then the airship was fantastic and again it looked really good
The destroyed Earth had a gorgeous design and was a visual spectacle
Shinji and Kaworu's interactions were pretty great and their musical number was another instance of audiovisual spectacle
Then the final battle was another amazing set-piece, the dual piloted eva, Kaworu's death, the whole battle with Mari, Shinji, Rei, and Asuka
Misato joining in, the music, 4th impact almost happening, it was all really great
And then there's the music, the entire movie had fantastic music
Overall I really liked it, it focused a lot on the spectacle but it did it so well it was worth it
Just look at the intro scene, the movie starts with the rescue scene and out of nowhere Shinji's Eva manages to wipe out everything with a laser attack
>>
>>146319129
the shit awakens sucks.
Granted rebuild 2.0 was basically a comercial to sell shit and lost a lot of what made Eva interesting

3.0 was a fucking mess, GOD AWFUL CGI, over the top shit and again lost what made Eva interesting.
>>
>>146320844
understood it?

You didnt even get Kaworus and Shinji's relationship did you?
It was homoerotic but not gay really.

For starters Kaworu wasnt even a human, he was Adam's soul in a human body and was very interested on Shinji as a beautiful creature rather than something to be attracted. Like when you get fascinated by a biological specimen, a dog for example.

Shinji felt awkward because he never had met someone so cool and at the same time so nice to him. He was his ideal self, the ultimate friend! He cherished him, he loved him in a platonic way.

That's how it was but in rebuild it's just fucking awkward really. It seemed less gay too but the piano scene it's fucking awkward. But NOT as awkward as the LAME CGI scenes like "THE WUNDER" srsly what the fuck was that shit?
>>
>>146321047
>Star Wars episode 7 isn't literally episode 4. It's similar, but the same? Not at all.
yes it is, EP 7 its fucking cancer and utimate garbage. Its worse than EP4 actually, because it destroys previous characters and its lame as fuck.
>>
>>146323426
>First the overall production quality was really good
ARE YOU FUCKING KIDDING ME?! THAT GOD AWFUL CGI!!!

THE WUNDER!

BLOCKY CGI ANIMATINON IN 2D is what's killing anime, fuck you!
>>
>>146323474
2.22 was fanservice, a lot of fanservice, but I don't mind, the way I see it rebuild as a whole is just fanservice with a new shiny coat of paint on it
Might as well embrace it
The first one was pretty much a 1:1 remake, only more awesome and with a higher budget, just look at the Ramiel battle, it was a million times better than in the original
Rebuild 2.22 was fanservice, Mari is a clear sign of that, a big breasted teenager literally falls out of the sky tits first in Shinji's face before telling him she's pretty much wet because of his smell
It was so insane, over the top, and cheesy it was fucking hilarious and really enjoyable, there's the way Asuka shows up too, she's just super incredible and solos and angel all by herself, it was pandering and fanservice on another level, but it was still fun to look at, and the choreography was great in any case
>>
>>146314419
Godzilla vs Evangelion or bust
>>
File: 1472153520627.jpg (232KB, 922x1000px) Image search: [Google]
1472153520627.jpg
232KB, 922x1000px
>>146323702
the cgi killed it for me a bit, also they took away A LOT of Asuka's character. Seriously wasnt eva 02 her mom? Why is Mari piloting it? Stealing her show and shit?

Because merchandise.

Also why the fuck did they change the "evas made from Adam felsh into" they where 4 adams which where basically Ultraman, look at this shit! fucking pathetic.

yeah movie may be fun, except at the beggining because it was cringy as fuck. And I dont find the cringe to be fun at all.
>>
>>146323583
Anon, not that guy, but Kaworu is listed officially as Shinji's love interest. You can argue all you want about your interpretation of what it was but it's just your headcanon.

The official stance is that Kaworu is Shinji's homosexual love interest. His role was for Shinji to learn about romantic love and lose it at the same time like everyone in the show (Misato with Kaji, Gendo and Yui).
>>
>>146314419
Crashing this plane
>>
File: kingsglaive.jpg (413KB, 1160x653px)
kingsglaive.jpg
413KB, 1160x653px
>>146323649
I said overall, not everywhere
And don't forget what the original NGE looked like, ep 25 and 26 were done with pretty much no budget, the only thing that was animated was the AU part and even that was unfinished
And yeah, the CGI was bad, the rest of the rest of the animation was good, the voice acting was great too
Anime needs to stop using shitty CGI, I think if the CGI looks good and it fits the art-style it can be used but making it look like it's running on a PS2 is bad
This what modern CGI looks like, they have no excuse
>>
>>146323867
>but Kaworu is listed officially as Shinji's love interest
show source cock lover. And how was it an interpretation? it was very fucking clear about it, but since you are more dedicated on fantasizing about your fagg projections and lack of human interactions it turned out you saw what you wanted to see.

>>146323867
>The official stance is that Kaworu is Shinji's homosexual love interest. His ro

Official stance? where the fuck is the source then? Sounds like headcanon to me. Specially this "loose" romantic love bullshit.
>>
File: 75309.jpg (7KB, 130x183px) Image search: [Google]
75309.jpg
7KB, 130x183px
Kaworu faggs bringing up the - yes they where trully gay - bullshit all over again.
Their only proof are japanese scans with "accurate" translations.

The other day some anon REKTED them by translating "their proof"

thirsty cock suckers, desperate to take anything they can.
>>
>>146323844
The intro was fun and Kaji's broken English was fucking hilarious
Skeleton angel was really creepy and the fight was good
Now the way I see it Anno wanted to redo the series with a bigger budget and basically "remaster" NGE and make it look better and doing a series of movies with theatrical releases was the best way to get the most amount of money and funding for this
Only he got bored or just felt it was stupid to keep making exact remakes so after 1.11 he decided to switch it up but without any ideas he just shoved in as much cool looking stuff as possible, filled it with fanservice and that was that
Maybe he planned that all along as well it's unimportant
3.33 was Anno trying to counter balance the light hearted tone of 2.22 and now everyone is angry and cold to Shinji except Kaworu because he's an Angel
The problem is that he then pretty much had no idea where to go from there, on one hand he was shackled by the original NGE, he couldn't do like he did back in the 90s, throw away the script and start rewriting everything halfway through, on the other he wants to make something original and not literally remake NGE, not that he could right after 3.33
And he has no one to blame but himself, he got himself in this mess and now he needs to figure out how to get out
I'm not passing judgment yet, I might actually enjoy the trainwreck if it's crazy enough, or it might turn out to be actually great, who knows
>>
I don't know why everyone refuses to acknowledge the 2D elements in the movie.

The first two had fairly limited animation for film entries, they were basically on par with the original series. The third was the first entry that actually had the motion of a theatrical production in nearly ever scene.
>>
>>146324333
I did with >>146323426
>>
>>146324331
The production notes for 2.22 show he left most of the work to the rest of the team. Probably he was too busy masturbating over putting Gerry Anderson spaceships into it.
>>
>>146324331
you do realise that Anno did NOT direct the rebuilds right?
He just provided script.
>>
>>146324490
Isn't that what everyone complains about? The story, I haven't seen people complain about the directing
He was also producer and chief director
What does chief director even mean exactly?
>>146324454
He still wrote the script, and it was clearly fanservice oriented
>>
>>146323702
>just look at the Ramiel battle
>it was a million times better than in the original
fuck off
>>
>>146324690
Ramiel transforming and shapeshifting was great, his super blast destroying that cliff was amazing and him tanking the first shot made him look really formidable
>>
>>146321715
I loved Love & Pop, it was fucking bonkers
>>
>>146314419
This guy really looks like someone I know.
>>
The next Ultraman movie.
>>
>>146314419
He copies somebodies elses work and throws him name on that
>>
Godzilla, Eva 3+1 (one day...) and Patlabor.

http://www.patlabor-reboot.jp/
>>
>>146318225

I think getting out of the anime scene for a bit must have been kind of cathartic. It must be absolutely suffocating for a creative type to be in right now.
>>
>>146316355
Yeah, cutey honey is totally revive, nigger
>>
>watching one of his movies
>it is pretentious trash
I don't know what I expected
>>
>>146329180
Nice buzzword.
>>
>>146314419
Suicide
>>
>>146329338
Prove me that Love & Pop isn't trash.
>>
Crashing this plane
>>
File: 1460046815192.png (241KB, 1525x741px)
1460046815192.png
241KB, 1525x741px
>>146318927
I agree with this comment.

He's worse then JJ, and alot worse the Lucas. Lucas at least gave a damn and created a semi-decent universe with the prequels, the rebuilds were just fucking awful.

>>146318950
>I enjoyed watching Kaworu gay it up
I mean, if you enjoy such shallow pandering garbage then you'll be happy with most things. Good for you.

>>146320896
Evangelion did, Anno was just one of the production team of many.

>>146321028
He said he's going to begin pre-pre-pre production on Eva, so really early days.

The fact that he needs to do this for 4.0 basically tells us that he had no plan for the rebuilds, and that they were infact cash grabs.
>>
File: Sasuga Anno.jpg (110KB, 1029x767px) Image search: [Google]
Sasuga Anno.jpg
110KB, 1029x767px
>Gunbuster
>Nadia
>Evangelion
>that fucking last episode of re Cutie Honey
Abrams BTFO
>>
>>146318225
>he was honestly a few months from coming out and telling his fans
I never heard about this. Sauce?
>>
>>146317605
HAHAHAHAHA
No.
>>
>>146323426
>>146323426
You're just a dumb moefag. Things like "Asuka was cute and Sakura was cute" aren't really valid arguments, and you just proved the other guy right you dimwit.
>>
>>146323867
Kaworu's role is setting up a smaller and faster representation of the pattern Shinji's followed and the decision Shinji's been making all series up to that point without awareness. Kaworu himself pointedly doesn't understand anything about people and would rather die than learn.
>>
>>146331422
I said Asuka's design was cool mot cute
I just appreciate the new designs, there's nothing wrong with that
The visual part of a movie is fundamental
>>
>>146331528
Fundamental, yes. But your appreciation of the visuals is shallow and doesn't extend beyond "cool" or "cute". A movie is more than it's visuals, and Q has a shit story, a plot that doesn't work and characters who are extremely shallow, most being nothing more than plot devices.

It's not a particularly well-animated feature despite the enormous production budget, either. Calling fucking stills with some 3D mashed on top an "audiovisual spectacle" just shows that you have absolutely no idea how to appraise animation either.

Everything you said just make it damned clear that you're a no-brain moe otaku. You care about cute girls (LITERALLY even bothering to mention Sakura, the epitome of pointless cute-girl-added character") and similar pandering.

>b-but Kaworu's interaction with Shinji

That shitty interecation is the reason the whole movie is garbage, you dimwitted fuck. If Anno started pissing down your throat, you'd praise it's "great flow and interesting color theme".

The final battle is a clusterfuck of stupid and had the ugliest 3DCG I've seen in a while. (at the time)

Basically, your entire opinion is worthless and you could have just uploaded a picture of your cum on the Blu-Ray disc, because that's on the exact same level as what you posted.
>>
>>146323867
Your contribution to this thread and discussion doesn't extend beyond territorial waifufaggotry. Yes, that counts for Kaworu too you filthy dumb Kaworufag scum. Fuck off back to /cm/, no one cares who you think is an "offical love interest" or not.

Notice how a whole thread can talk about movie quality and substance, and the only thing YOU do is chime in to mark your territory in regards to shipping. By making sure that everyone has to know that your OTP has official support. Even though it literally doesn't matter in any way whatsoever.

Really, is there a fan-type more pathetic and shit than you are? Movies like 3.33 are created to pander to "people" like you, people who can't think beyond finding material for the next shipping doujin. You are the cancer.
>>
File: ikuhara would be proud.jpg (121KB, 512x631px) Image search: [Google]
ikuhara would be proud.jpg
121KB, 512x631px
>>146323986
The pic is from this http://www.amazon.co.jp/%E5%BA%B5%E9%87%8E%E7%A7%80%E6%98%8E-%E3%83%91%E3%83%A9%E3%83%8E%E3%83%BB%E3%82%A8%E3%83%B4%E3%82%A1%E3%83%B3%E3%82%B2%E3%83%AA%E3%82%AA%E3%83%B3-800%E6%9C%AC-10-%E5%81%A5%E5%A4%AA%E9%83%8E/dp/4872333160
An alternative translation.
>渚カヲル:ゼールが送り込んできた五番目のエヴァ操縦者。シンジにとっては初めての心を許せる友人でもあり、同性愛的な恋愛対象でもあった。しかしその正体は「使徒」であり、ネルフの地下に安置される第一使徒アダムと融合してサードインパクトを起こそうとする。シンジは苦悩の果てに、エヴァ初号機でこの最愛の友を殺す。
>("Kaworu: The 5th child sent in by SEELE. To Shinji he was both the first friend he could trust and also his gay love interest. However, his true form is that of an angel and he tries to cause the Third Impact by fusing with the First Angel Adam enshrined underneath Nerv. Shinji, at the pinnacle of anguish, kills his beloved friend.") And in this case, beloved (最愛)is literally a compound word formed by 最 (the most) and 愛 (love).
And this
http://otakumode.com/news/5458c7dadb7b183963e68abf/Evangelion-20th-Anniversary-Bombshell-a-Mysterious-Work-Just-Like-Attack-on-Titan-and%E2%80%A6-Hideaki-Anno-Talk-Show-%E2%80%9CDirector-Edition%E2%80%9D-Report
>One other new Evangelion truth was revealed. Two books containing long interviews with Anno, Schizo Evangelion and Parano Evangelion, were published after the end of the broadcast of Evangelion. This is a monumental interview collection in which Anno’s raw thoughts from that time can be read. The truth, however, is that these books aren’t actually long interviews but rather as Anno said without divulging anything further, he wrote them himself. Fans who have known of Evangelion for years were given a huge shock with this news.
>>
File: Wvfttcb.jpg (449KB, 1920x3382px) Image search: [Google]
Wvfttcb.jpg
449KB, 1920x3382px
>>146331786
I'm talking about stuff like pic related and the musical number, it was fantastic, it looked spectacular
I'm not talking about the animation in that case, I'm talking about the art itself and the music
And the entire scene up to this reveal was awesome
Sakura is actually memorabile since she's the only one on the Wunder who isn't a dick to Shinji
Why though?
Kaworu is nice to him, supports him, and actually explains things to him while taking on Shinji's burdens
>>
>>146314419
Nausicaa when Miyazaki dies.
>>
>>146314419
I thought Miyazaki had retired already
>>
>>146332315
It's shit.
>>
>>146314419

>scruffy old nigga wasted his whole life on a project, making each iteration worse than the preceding one

"move", ha. he pointlessly circles the drain
>>
>>146332315
>hurr durr LOOK AT PRETTY COLORS

Go fuck yourself.
>>
>>146331989
Lool you do realise that shit is mistranslated right?

Typical kaworu cuck, all you guys do is copying japanese with "translation" and parade around.

Sucks for you when someone with actual understanding of the languge sees through your pathetic attempt.
>>
>>146337130
I don't know if that one is mistranslated, but yes, Kaworuafags often mistranslated things to defend their ship. I've seen it happen. It's because they are braindead animals not worthy of being called people, who only think about shipping.

To them that's all EVA is, gay shipping.
>>
>>146337130
>>146337239
Ok.
>>
>made Eva
>made nothing notable since
>got to direct a big budget Godzilla film
>it's complete shit
He's the Nip M. Night. He made one good thing, then got exposed. Except M. Night has more talent.
>>
File: 1436269742600.jpg (43KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1436269742600.jpg
43KB, 1280x720px
>>146323583
>It was homoerotic but not gay really
>>
>>146337711
gayyy lmao
>>
File: 1456502834808.gif (97KB, 500x720px) Image search: [Google]
1456502834808.gif
97KB, 500x720px
>>146337711
since when do translations from japanese into english have such smooth translations anon?

Oh that's right, if you are a kaworu fagg it does.

>>146340745
missing the whole context of the scene and story.
>>
>>146317555
He makes a deconstruction of pawn stars and show focuses only in the psychological effects of cursed war artifacts. While half of the cast is dying from radiation disease.
>>
File: 1471813178639.gif (557KB, 500x338px)
1471813178639.gif
557KB, 500x338px
>>146344865
Why don't you try looking for someone to translate it for you or put it through an online translator then? Afraid of the truth?
>>
File: 1470537383166.png (217KB, 372x334px)
1470537383166.png
217KB, 372x334px
Does Anno seriously think everybody should be talking about politics on the train? Has he really become so boring and simple?
>>
>>146347652
Nah, he's just dicking around
Anno's a wacky guy
Thread posts: 176
Thread images: 27

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.