[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why is this so good!?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 4

File: 20310.jpg (50KB, 225x321px) Image search: [Google]
20310.jpg
50KB, 225x321px
Why is this so good!?
>>
It has its flaws and people will call it shit for being on Toonami but I liked it. Watched it again last year and the fun and action still holds up. It has a fitting ending but it wasn't exactly what I wanted but at least it was consistent.
>>
People says it has a lot of flaws,but can someone explain them to me? I've rewatched it 3 times and I fail to see any major faults.
>>
>>146283997
It went from happy and fun to super depressing and soul crippling. I did not ask for this.
>>
>>146283372
Because you've only seen two anime and therefore have no real baseline or metric for quality.
>>
>>146283997
Wolfwood dies. Biggest flaw of the series ;_;
>>
>>146283997

The only reason anyone would call this anything better than average (even though it is atrociously bad) is because of nostalgia. If you rewatched it 3 times, it's for sure because of nostalgia.
>>
>>146283997
You're opening a can of worms but I'll list a few even though I'm biased in favor of the anime.
Vash is too nice. Some will call him a beta but he really has some deep seeded issues for the way he acts. It's justifiable in the context of the story but the effect is still the same and some people don't like that.
The comedy can detract at times. I like the humor in it but there are occasions where it's not needed.
Real spoiler:
Going back a bit into being too nice, he doesn't kill anyone. Even his brother at the end who really deserved it. It fits his character but it isn't as realistic as if I or others were to self insert into him.
>>
>>146284088
To be fair, coming from somebody who's probably watched around 400-500 shows, Trigun is still a solid anime. Not the greatest ever, but it's good enough to rewatch multiple times.
>>
>>146284231
How is this a fault? He abhorrs violence and doesn't want to kill anyone. He's not the first pacifist ever.

>>146284174
Not an argument.
>>
>>146284231
>spoiler
That's not a flaw of the show at all, though. It's practically the point. Just because it gets antimoralfags upset doesn't mean it's an actual flaw.

The comedy can be a little awkward though, yeah. Especially if you're not used to that 90s anime sense of humor, which hasn't aged particularly well I feel.

>>146284291
This. It's certainly been overrated at times but it's a solid show.

>>146284096
http://youtu.be/UVI_B8AWI5Q
;_;
>>
>>146284427
>He's not the first pacifist ever.
It subverts the might makes right philosophy and some people don't like it. I have no problems with it personally.

>>146284504
>Just because it gets antimoralfags upset doesn't mean it's an actual flaw.
If you were an antimoralfag it would be a flaw. Perception changes opinion.
>>
>>146284174
I didn't watch until a few years ago and it was above average.
>>
>>146283997
It's just that both anime and manga are really good, but in very different ways.
The anime's more light hearted like
>>146284231
says, but still perfectly fine.

The manga's way more chaotic and if you're casual you'll find it hard to speedread it, but it also touches deeper dilemmas and themes.

If you liked the anime, jump to Trigun Maximum right now, it's a very different experience.
>>
>>146284651
It doesn't subvert might makes right at all. Vash is the strongest, therefore he is right. In fact the only reason philosophy works is because he is the strongest. If he weren't he'd have died long ago without accomplishing anything.
>>
>>146284729
>The manga's way more chaotic and if you're casual you'll find it hard to speedread it, but it also touches deeper dilemmas and themes.
No kidding. That was one of the first manga I read and I could barely follow the combat sequences at all.
>>
I wish more anime had interesting settings like Trigun.
>>
File: Trigun.full.479598.jpg (333KB, 800x695px) Image search: [Google]
Trigun.full.479598.jpg
333KB, 800x695px
Manga was great.
Livio was great.

Legato using a gun giant flail thing as a weapon killed my sides, what the fuck was that shit.
>>
>>146284780
You have a point. You have on one side might makes right because the bad guys kill everyone, and on the other Vash and his strength. Ultimately It's a clashing of philosophies between pacifism and brutality. Knives wants to kill all humans and Vash wants to save them.
>>
The second half of the series brought it from a 7/10 to 8/10. The Gung ho Guns are cool af and this song is awesome https://soundcloud.com/nomadicjoecool/trigun-zero-hour
>>
>>146284823
Even rereading it now there are a few fights (Horn freak especially) that were just a clusterfuck of shadows and poses
>>
>>146284823
Same as me!
It was actually my second manga, back then, and I recall being mad because as a kid the anime was waaay easier to follow.
I reread it a couple of times ago and since then I fell in love.

If you've got the time check out both and look at all the differences: somehow same conclusion, but they reach it in very, very different ways.
Especially the last two battles and Wolfwood... almost same outcome, but the perspective is completely different.
>>
It was actually pretty terrible. This is from someone that likes most of those Toonami shows like Cowboy Bebop.
>>
>>146285905
It was actually pretty fantastic. This is from someone that likes most of those Toonami shows like Cowboy Bebop.
>>
The first half is petty slow and episodic
>>
I can't stand those type of moralfag MCs, especially when the anime tries to make a point of an extremely naive theme such as "killing is bad". I had the same problem with the Rurouni Kenshin anime.
>>
>>146286143
Kenshin was traumatized and he actually agreed to kill someone in the end but luck made him not break his promise.
>>
>>146283372
Because you are twelve.
>>
File: 27969.jpg (61KB, 223x318px) Image search: [Google]
27969.jpg
61KB, 223x318px
>>146283372
No, but this was.
>>
>>146284961
>Ultimately It's a clashing of philosophies between pacifism and brutality. Knives wants to kill all humans and Vash wants to save them.

PROTIP: This is not a clashing of philosophies as at best one of the above is a philosophy.
>>
>>146286143
Vash can pull that out because he is a superhuman. Wolfwood call in his bullshit and at the end he is forced to break his philosophy to save his friends.
>>
>>146286143
I thought you kids were back to school today?
>>
>>146283372
Isn't the creator like, a strong japanese catholic fella?

>>146287223
Kind of, it also showed Vasco getting over his pain and forgiving himself, to try again.
>>
>>146284096
You're using spoilers wrong.
>>
>>146283372
Because it's cool.
>>
I couldn't stand Vash.
>>
Manga was infinitely better due to the simple fact it gave Vash a proper backstory that helped explain why he developed his no-kill policy.

Hell, basically every character was better and had a much better backstory that explained why they did what they did. Even the little details like Ninelives being a flesh suit powered by nine dwarves and Chapel being the title rather than name ["Nicholas the Chapel"] made so much more fucking sense.
>>
>>146286143

I give vash a pass since he did end up killing someone in the end, not saying that makes him cool, but its all too easy to make a moralfag character and write it so he conveniently never has to kill anyone despite being involved in so many crazy fights where anything could happen. Even boxers accidentally die in the ring, so its silly for when people with super powers are throwing everything at each other and no one ends up dead, or the writer kills off stubborn bad guys in other ways to keep the mcs hands clean.
>>
File: [Max7]TrigunMax_Ch88-24&25.jpg (559KB, 1584x1134px) Image search: [Google]
[Max7]TrigunMax_Ch88-24&25.jpg
559KB, 1584x1134px
Trigun: Brotherhood when?
>>
>>146292041
>Brotherhood
They would called it Maximum
And never ever.
>>
>>146291947
In the manga story line, part of his no-kill complex comes from the fact that he killed everyone in July (the rest from the part where he almost stabbed Rem to death).

Some might argue that it devalues having to shoot Legato since Legato is no longer Vash's "first time," but it works so well in getting the read to understand where Vash is coming from when he refuses to kill.

It also emphasizes how hard he works and trains to be able to be good enough to be a gunslinger who never shoots to kill in a very touching way when he reflects on his life during his final battle with Legato.

>Shoot a gun, and people die. But then, if you don't pick one up... You can't protect yourself against one. I wanted to hold a gun and never kill anyone. In order to do that, I was prepared to do anything. And so, I did everything. Everything I possibly could do. That was how I lived.
>>
>>146286143
Killing IS bad. How is this debatable?
>>
>>146292708

Yeah one moment I always remembered is when wolfwood was fighting someone and other enemies were trying to work their way into the fight, Vash pounced on him and was able to intimidate him into not doing anything, that gave me so much more respect for him because it showed he had other methods of getting his way besides goofy antics and niceness. The manga definitely makes him a lot more likeable.
>>
>>146283372

I have an opinion that the worst thing about about trigun was the music.

Now don't get me wrong The tracks themselves are great but i have no idea what the fuck they were thinking when they chose when they would play during the episodes.

It seemed like during many of the dramatic and/or epic moments the director just forgot to put music on. Then there are straight up awful parts like when half the town dies and vash goes berserk mode for the first and only time in the series and an upbeat track plays, the same track that plays during many comic relief parts.

And That's just one example of many.

The only other real problem was the "bullied school kid meets hitler" villain motivation. "this buff beefhead said mean things to me so I'm going 6-goriilion on his races ass".
I don't get why they left out the part where humans were doing fucked up experiments and murdering the magical plant people from the anime.

If the series had better sound directing and included the real reason why knives was doing the things he was doing it would be one of my all time favorites, as it stands its just above-average.
>>
>>146292359

>And never ever.

Is there any specific reason other than that the manga ended years ago and if someone wanted to do it it would have been done already?
>>
>>146286143
Summer never ends.
>>
>watch the dub
>Johnny Bosch sounds so happy in one of his first gigs
>Listen to some of his other works after bleach/code geass
>Just sounds like a nihilistic hollow person
>>
>>146297434
>Just sounds like a nihilistic hollow person
He nailed it then.
Thread posts: 48
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.