[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm convinced people say Mari is shit because she's

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 50
Thread images: 4

File: TTS5NJe.jpg (102KB, 1920x814px) Image search: [Google]
TTS5NJe.jpg
102KB, 1920x814px
I'm convinced people say Mari is shit because she's not depressed all the time
>>
I never watched rebuild so I wouldn't know, sorry
>>
>>146217586
they're pretty good, more action oriented and condensed but very nice looking
>>
Yeah. that's about right.
>>
>>146217586
I'll put it to you like this, if the original series was on crack, this this series is that but recovering really well, .....but still on crack.
>>
>>146217641
>>146217811
That's not too bad I guess, was planning on watching it soon anyway
>>
Couldn't possibly have anything to do with her being a non-character that only exists to sell toys and merchandise.
>>
I think she's hot but I don't understand why she is even a character when Shinji's classmate who had a great set up for being an Eva pilot wasn't used. I can't even fucking remember that nigga's name because he is like the epitome of wasted potential, literally what the fuck?
>>
>>146218036
>non-character

I hope you're not implying she's not in the manga...you're not doing that are you anon?
>>
>>146218036
The whole purpose of her character WAS to mess with the series and it's characters by adding an "outside element" it's said that she was based off of Anno's wife to make her as different as possible. Her entire purpose is to create a clash between the themes and herself. Besides she has a ton of theory's and such
surrounding her.
>>
>>146218164
Not him but is the Eva manga actually worth reading?
>>
>>146218187
She failed in that role then. In 2.22 she breaks some Eva that's not really important to anything and jobs with 02. In 3.33 she does fuck all. She's just there.
>>
File: qvkHMvE.jpg (232KB, 768x1024px) Image search: [Google]
qvkHMvE.jpg
232KB, 768x1024px
>>146218164
I was going to mention that but it thought it was like a one panel reference. But if i'm not mistaken she looks back at him with a look of remembrance which could symbolize that she knows alot more than she lets on (something she's shown time and time again)
>>
>>146218198
yeah it's pretty good. Basically a "what if Shinji actually tried not to be a sadboy" story.
>>
>>146218198
It's a decent read. The big differences are a few changed scenes early on with Toji, and pretty big changes to Yui and Kaworu's characters. Kaworu actually comes off as an odd, unsettling motherfucker that Shinji has a hard time dealing with.
>>
>>146218198
Yeah, I'd check it out. It's a really good read. Characters are more fleshed out. Shinji has more backbone, Asuka less of a bitch (still best waifu), and Rei has more emotions other than void and black hole.
>>
Mari literally hasn't done anything of consequence so far. Got rekt in 2.0 and did nothing in 3.0 besides being yuri bait with Asuka.
>>
>>146218256
>>146218256
She actually picked up Shinji to try to motivate him to actually you know... DO things. And killed one of the angels that was escaping. I haven't seen 3.33 yet
>>
>>146218359
Toji's death hit me like a brick, fuck.
>>
Mari knows what she wants and I can appreciate that
>>
>>146218088
It makes more sense if the rebuilds are a sequel rumors are true and a few key differences leads us to the fuckery of the end of 2 and 3 onwards.

We won't know until the next movie is out though
>>
>>146218680
It might have started that way, but now it just seems like Anno has no fucking clue what he's doing with them. The initial previews for 3.0 looked a lot more interesting than the dumb shit we finally ended up with.
>>
>>146218680
The funny thing is that by being the most ridiculous character she's also a very realistic one. I imagine that she's the type of person who copes with stressful situations by enjoying them and experiencing their thrill. She's literally going "fucking fight me" at every turn and she knows what she wants to do, and how to do it. Rather than be terrified I guess she figures she can't let anyone down if their all dead so it doesn't matter she might as well enjoy the ride.
>>
>>146218793
Anno didn't even know what he was doing with the original series this is nothing new.
>>
>>146218390
>She actually picked up Shinji to try to motivate him to actually you know... DO things.

You mean a scene Kaji did better in the series. That's the problem with Mari, the majority of her scenes in 2.0 are just altered versions of other characters' scenes. Toji could've piloted Unit 3 and Asuka would've been available to job to Zeruel. Kaji could've just done his watermelon prep speech again. It felt like Anno didn't have any idea what to do with Mari so he just changed the names a few times in the script. Then there's 3.0, I don't even need to say how pointless she was in that movie.
>>
>>146218390
That was an earlier idea for her, what she did in the movie was tell him to run.
>>
>>146219029
I guess we'll just have to wait and see how she does in 4.0 I still love her character for all intents and purposes though just for the sake of how brash she is and how out of place she feels. It's charming in it's own way. Though I have to admit i'll be disappointed if she doesn't play a bigger role later on
>>
>>146218198
Simply put, It's Eva's good end.
My favorite ending to be honest. Shinji is less faggot and best girl win the bowl.
>>
>>146218900
He was at least fueled by depression when he made Eva. He's too successful and happy to replicate that.
>>
>>146218680
>It makes more sense if the rebuilds are a sequel
kill your fucking self kaworufag
>>
>>146218187
>Tsurumaki: The truth is, at the earliest stage of planning, Mari was such a character that, in the extreme case, if she hadn’t spoken at all, it would have been okay. For example, Misato just reading the materials on her, [and saying] “It seems that Unit–05 was in Hong Kong and had a battle with an angel. The pilot was this person” - would have been fine, I think…

>In that case, she would become an amazingly weak character.

>Tsurumaki: Yeah. The appearance of a new character and Eva Unit–05 was requested by executive producer (Toshimichi) Otsuki-san. I think the motive was a commercial one - to strengthen the appeal of the film.
>>
>>146222355
fucking cash grabing shameful bastards.
>>
>>146217541

Name a character flaw she has.

Oh wait, she doesn't have one. Therefor she is completely uninteresting in a series where EVERYONE has a character flaw.
>>
>>146225277
She's uninteresting
Checkmate
>>
>>146225430

She is uninteresting because she has no flaws.

We're arguing the same point. Mari is a shit character.
>>
>>146225511
But being uninteresting is a flaw so she is flawed
>>
>>146225525

That's circular logic. She is flawless in the universe she exist in. Meaning to other characters, she has no flaws. We can observe that she is uninteresting and a horrible character based on this.
>>
>>146225601
>wearing glasses
>not an in-universe flaw
>>
>>146225625

Either you're a troll or an idiot. Character flaw.
>>
>>146225625
It doesn't hinder her in any way, so it clearly isn't. Also, it's not a character flaw.
>>
>>146225658
>>146225687
She lacks the common courtesy to wear contacts instead. Being uncourteous is a character flaw.

Checkmate.
>>
>>146225800

Have fun in your dead troll thread. I'm out.
>>
File: 1457873017821.jpg (87KB, 560x791px) Image search: [Google]
1457873017821.jpg
87KB, 560x791px
>>146217541
Mari is what Shinji should've been t.bh.
>>
File: 1396824975439.jpg (60KB, 600x800px) Image search: [Google]
1396824975439.jpg
60KB, 600x800px
>>146217541
4.0 out yet?
>>
>>146217541
Mari is Shinji. Shinji that was in EoE, and reshaped the world to her (his) content. He then changed himself into a girl to live out his dreams of being as badass as he wants to be, and have a vagina. The rebuild Shinji is actually a facet of the old Shinji's personality fused with old Rei's and a bit of old Auska's. The new versions of these characters are those as old Shinji perceived them, before HIP.
>>
>>146226270
Yes, but it's a Hulu Premium exclusive.
>>
>>146218374
>Stops 4th Impact by ejecting Shinji
>Nothing
>>
>>146220304
He doesn't want to replicate that. That's the point.

>— I heard that you had a very hard time with the creation of Mari’s character.

>Anno: Right. It was extremely difficult. Ever since I started the new films I had decided on this “one trick” where I would increase the count of female pilots by one with a new character. I felt that there was a danger where, if I didn’t do this, I would end up repeating the same story, and be unable to significantly change things. I felt that, even if I had to force it, if I didn’t throw a new Eva pilot as an extreme, foreign element into the films, then Eva would not significantly change.
>>
>>146226791
>Puts Mari into the movies
>Most forgettable character there
>Screen time is very limited
>Importance is low, except for that one time she saved MC

Wow good job changing shit up, you totally didn't force her on to the franchise.
>>
>>146217541
Yeah, that and her lack of having any other point besides being an additional pair of tits and ass.
Thread posts: 50
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.