[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Notes OVA when? Why is all new Type Moon stuff Fateshit? Will

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

File: SlashEmperor.jpg (278KB, 1032x1159px) Image search: [Google]
SlashEmperor.jpg
278KB, 1032x1159px
Notes OVA when?

Why is all new Type Moon stuff Fateshit? Will Nasu ever write an original story set in the Nasuverse again?
>>
>>146203550
Nasu should just go full Tom Clancy and find a few ghostwriters he can feed vague ideas to and let them flesh out the rest.
>>
fateshit sells.
>>
File: 1420994970508.jpg (54KB, 400x299px)
1420994970508.jpg
54KB, 400x299px
>>146203550
>>
Two reasons: First,he fate franchise still makes a lot of money and second, the setting of the Fate franchise is really versatile, so it's really, really easy to spin new stories with it.

Compare this to KnK, Tsukihime, Notes or Mahoyo in which the stories are rather self contained, and you cannot milk them nearly as much as the Fate franchise.

Sure, there are things such as Melty Blood, but there's only so much you can do with MB as opposed to some new Fate story, in which you can do virtually any scenario and keep the Heroes system (hell, it isn't even limited to heroes these days, anyone old enough and with some fame can show up these days as a Servant).

From a business perspective, the Fate franchise is almost perfect.
>>
>>146205312
The thing about Melty Blood is that it not only appeals to otaku but to a completely different audience too, it has range.

Yes people meme about poverty game but you can see normalfags playing MB in EVO, and by normalfags I mean true normalfags not Street Fighter retards that hate everything that's not SF.

Nasu is stupid for keeping Melty Blood down as a franchise, French Bread was ready to release MB HD back in 2011 or so.
>>
>>146205462
Yeah, I'm not saying MB is in any way unpopular, nor is any other TM work.

My point simply was Fate stories are far easier to made, they do not have to be limited to a single scenario (which is the case with MB), and thus you can virtually do UNLIMITED FATE WORKS.
>>
>>146205312
>Grail War #1639476 happened
>versatile

Sure thing bro.You can say the same thing for Tatari in Mrelty Blood. That doesn't mean making dozens of spin-offs out of it doesn't get boring after the 10th time.
>>
>>146206041
It's versatile m8
Sure, it's the same fucking system, but the location it takes place in can be different every time (fuck, Extra takes place in the bloody Moon), the Masters can be different every single time, same with the Servants. Sometimes even rules that applied to one story doesn't necessarily apply to the rest (like the Servant system being a Fuyuki thing only in F/sn, but lo and behold and look at all the other games).
>>
>>146206266
That doesn't make it any less repetitive, m8. The story is just as stale as those tournaments in fighting games. You can introduce new characters, but that doesn't change the fact you're regurgitating the same shit again and again.
>>
>>146206601
>You can introduce new characters, but that doesn't change the fact you're regurgitating the same shit again and again.
Yeah, but again, I'm talking from a business perspective here.
People keep buying this "shit". TM keeps making good money with it. So, if you can keep serving your customers shit, because they keep asking for the same shit, why would you attempt to serve them anything else, when they want it and it's very easy to take a shit?

Is it a good long run business decision? Who knows? My guess is they'll keep milking the Fate series until its sales begin to decline - that, or they'll try to revamp it somehow, and either make some success or absolutely fail and hard.
>>
>>146203682
He's been doing that for years, the last thing he wrote himself was CCC
>>
>>146205462
MB can't compete with BB or even GG in arcades and it'll never catch on in the west. There's not much money in the franchise, especially compared to Fate.
Also, most SF players are willing to try other games, but if there's no money in it they won't stick to it.
>>
>>146207700
>MB can't compete with BB or even GG in arcades

That's because you are comparing a low-res definition game with HD ones. Sides, MB had a big community in the west and the only reason it died is because no new games have been released in years.
>>
Melty Blood anime never. T_T
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.