[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why doesn't anyone remember Fushigi Yuugi even exists anymore

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 2

File: fushigiyuugi.jpg (103KB, 417x600px) Image search: [Google]
fushigiyuugi.jpg
103KB, 417x600px
Why doesn't anyone remember Fushigi Yuugi even exists anymore even though I remember it had a huge marketing blitz in the west for an anime back in the 90s?
>>
https://youtu.be/97mrJKsghkE

so good
>>
It's mentioned sometimes in shoujo threads.
>>
It was bad.
>>
>>146190110
Did it destroy pioneer? Or does marketing work?
>>
>>146189232
No one here is old enough to remember it.
>>
>>146190415
Then why am I here?
>>
I remember, It was my first anime.
Miaka was cunt, Hotohori was a better boy than Tamahome, and Seiryu were more interesting than Suzaku.
It wasn't that bad tho
>>
It ended. It's shoujo. It was pretty good though.
>>
I dropped this shit when they revealed Nuriko's gender.
>>
Well op why should we remember it? It's over.
Plus, I never liked Usagi or Miaka, whatever
>>
Because /a/ is filled with stupid faggots who only watch the new trash every season and have seen no fucking anime other than that

But regardless, just why are shoujo fantasy series so fucking great? Shonen tries so hard to do interesting fantasy but often shoujo is easily superior. I rewatch Escaflowne & CCS once every year
>>
Great series, watched it with my imouto. Problem is it went on too long past what should have been its natural ending point. Author just didn't seem to know what to do with the story after a while.
>>
>>146191684
>Well op why should we remember it? It's over.
Did you ever think that maybe if you consider something worthless once it's over that there was no point in watching it in the first place?
>>
File: JUST.png (880KB, 1068x870px) Image search: [Google]
JUST.png
880KB, 1068x870px
>>146189232
This is relevant
>>
>>146192144
I never said it was worthless. I mean, what do you want to discuss about it? If you are OP.
Making a thread just insulting the board asking why no one wants to discuss a series, but offers nothing to discuss about the series is sort of boring.
>>
should i watch it? ive never seen it and am thinking about it
>>
>>146194334
It has not aged gracefully.
>>
>>146194334
Beware of the somewhat slow pace
>>
>Tamahome!
>Miaka!
>Tamahome!
>Miaka!
>Tamahome!
>Miaka!
>Tamahome!
>Miaka!
>>
>>146189232
It happened a long time ago.
>>
Reminder that people born in 1998 are old enough to browse this site now
>>
>>146198250
Inuyasha!
Kagome!
>>
>>146189232

Because it ended 20 years ago. Most of the topics here about stuff that's currently airing
>>
>>146202592
Inori!
Shu...
Inori!
Shu...
>>
I liked it ok but I never finished it. Never really felt inclined to pick it up again, come to think of it. But I remember being entertained.
>>
>>146191731
Nigger, Fushigi Yuugi discussion is dead just about everywhere not just /a/, and has been for a decade+, and it was also one of the worse shoujo fantasy. Its popularity ran on hot guys and shipping and that was about it.
>>
>>146192181
>neo-/a/
You deserved that warning and you know it, faggot.
>JUST.png
Or maybe you don't know it, since you seem to be an unrepentant crossboarder.
>>
>>146203360
This. It was a fad show for fangirls, the fangirls turned eighteen and got over their anime phase, and then 15+ more years went by. Of course it's irrelevant now.
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.