[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Anyone else disappointed by 91 days? I mean these guys are supposedly

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2

File: images.jpg (8KB, 308x163px) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
8KB, 308x163px
Anyone else disappointed by 91 days? I mean these guys are supposedly italian style mobsters but they won't stop screaming at each other like little kids. I don't know man I watch alot mobster movies and it feels like they didn't study enough on the culture surrounding the italian mafia.
>>
>>146052320
So the movies are an accurate depiction of the mafia but this anime isn't? Based on what?
>>
They should be eating more spaghetti
>>
>>146052386
This
>>
>>146052386
Based on the sopranos, goodfellas, the godfather. Donnie brasco. The list goes on. The main aspect which is really putting me off is the lack of subtlety. I get that its a revenge anime but if you're basing it around the mobster mentality you have to focus on whats not being said. And subtle cues between people. Don't get me wrong I'm sorta enjoying it but i can't shake off that disappointment.
>>
>>146052611
>anime
>subtlety

you are in the wrong medium pal
>>
>>146052741
Monster and ghost in the shell though. Not necessarily mobster animes but showcases subtlety.
>>
>>146052386
Based on the fact that movie production often involves the use of biographies and consultants who actually lived 'the life' in the process of creating the movie. Most of the better known movies dealing with the subject of mafia and organized crime are based on real-life stories and people.

That's not even the problem with 91 days, though. The real problem is that the characters are just written poorly. The Japanese should just stick to writing high school melodrama, they're clearly out of their depth.
>>
>>146052808
>but this one example that isnt even 0.0000000000000001% of anime

Still in the wrong medium
>>
>>146052864
I'm saiying its possible. They tried and failed.
>>
File: 1470567607274.png (118KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
1470567607274.png
118KB, 600x600px
>>146052320
> I don't know man I watch alot mobster movies and it feels like they didn't study enough on the culture surrounding the italian mafia.
>>
>>146053130
Haha you got me.
>>
>>146052320
>comparing anime aimed at manchildren with movies aimed at adults
Serious question, are you retarded?
>>
>>146053848
Woah chill out bitch nigga.
>>
>>146052320
>italian style mobsters

It would be pretty italian if they made them flap their hands furiously while screaming at each other like little kids.
>>
>>146052979
Except they didn't try. 91 Days isn't unsubtle because of a failed attempt, but because they didn't bother. Fango is proof enough of that.
>>
>>146052320
I'm just watching it for the fujo-bait desu
>>
It's not as bad as joker game. That series disappointed.
>>
Have you noticed how the characters go PUUUUAAHH~ after drinking, even though literally no-one outside of Japan (or really anywhere) actually does that? Jarring as fuck in a show revolving around alcohol.
>>
>>146052320
>anime writers
>actually knowing anything about the outside world or doing anything other than surface level research

cmon OP, why are you acting all surprised?
>>
>>146052611
>lack of subtlety

the most real life "accurate" of the things you listed was goodfellas, and that had joe pesci flying off the handle at any given moment. the pageantry and nuance of shit like the godfather is long confirmed to be hokey shit.
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.