[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Kabaneri

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 84
Thread images: 12

File: 1463996291253.png (1MB, 1374x872px) Image search: [Google]
1463996291253.png
1MB, 1374x872px
What went wrong?
>>
Nothing. It was actually a decent anime.
>>
Baba was a dumb villain that didn't make any sense
>>
>>145937191
Bibi was introduced as the main villain.
>>
Meme answer: Biba

Real answer: Zombie are boring and the stories inevitably turn into human vs human conflicts.
>>
File: ciruneri.jpg (641KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
ciruneri.jpg
641KB, 1920x1080px
Needed more train sluts and less baka!
>>
File: 56859156_p0.png (790KB, 1072x1947px) Image search: [Google]
56859156_p0.png
790KB, 1072x1947px
Mumei didn't get the habanero D onscreen.
>>
Mumei turned to shit
Biba was shit

It wasn't shit but it was disappointing
>>
>>145937191
The conclusion was EXACTLY what the viewer expects from the setup and nothing was sacrificed to achieve it. Biba gets killed, Mumei is saved, the samurai dude is okay too, Ikoma is fine despite taking a "death for temporary power" serum, nobody suffers. It was just way too straightforward and neat.
I have some other minor beefs but I think that's the main problem, as far as the ending goes.
>>
>>145937389
the first two episodes were genuinely the most fun i've had in years with any form of media but after that it went to mediocre to actively meh
>>
Needed more turning off the pressure limiter.
>>
Ikoma didn't fill Mumei with rice yet..
>>
either >>145937230 or >>145937274, depending on your overall enjoyment of the show
>>
>>145937191
Bunch of retarded newshits expected second coming of FMA:B
>>
File: Wannabe Shishio Makoto.jpg (80KB, 700x385px) Image search: [Google]
Wannabe Shishio Makoto.jpg
80KB, 700x385px
>>145937191
What do you think?
>>
>>145937191
mumei didn't die or at least suffer
>>
Too many tropes but not enough memes.
>>
>>145937191
Everything
>DUDE
>TITANS
>WITHE TOKYOP GHOUL
The show is literally edgy titans
>>
Had potential and it looked fucking beautiful.
Then it went to complete WTF shit.
>>
>>145937683
titans was already edgy, kabaneri just added steampunk and zombies
>>
>>145937191
What went right is a much easier and shorter answer. Literally nothing.
>>
>>145937191
At least Haruhiko Mikimoto's character got animated. I'm grateful for it. Even though everything else was utter shit.
>>
>>145937815
Protagonist literally slit his wrist and hanged himself in the first episode
also
>DUDE
>BLOOD
>>
It was Guilty Crown 2.0 but without the unintended hilarity saving it. With only one cour it jumped straight to the final Biba arc, and barely resolved anything.
>>
>>145937274
Human vs. human conflict against a backdrop of an overwhelming threat is the dumbest shit. I'm so tired of it.
>>
>zombies mow through humans and are totally unstoppable apart from by one (one) squad of trained humans
>this despite them not having better stats than humans apart from a few special zombies and generally stumbling around like idiots
apparently everyone who's not on biba's elite orgy crew or a named character is as helpless as a newborn child
>>
>>145938033
It was better when it was about survival. Biba had some good moments (throwing his dad's "It Was fear" line back in his face was some tight shit) but ultimately we didn't need him
>>
>>145937191
Viva-sama
>>
>>145937951
It literally wasn't his wrist, and he literally didn't hang himself.
>>
>>145937191
KISAMA
>>
That it was made.
>>
>>145937191
Just another bad story who happened to have undeserved, flawless execution.
Probably because execs thought it fullfilled the necessary conditions to be a hit these days (SnK like story centered around the survival of humanity, cool monsters, waifus, angry MC, etc)
>>
>>145937329
We all know she's getting it every night anyway.
>>
>>145937191
Biba. I wanted to see more of the survival. And also, I thought the Wazatori and the contract with the princess would have been a bigger deal, but it was only brought up once.
>>
>>145938033
It wouldn't be so bad if it was staged right.
Generally they set it to the middle or early parts of the conflict, and generally the show ends before neither are dealt with.

Human v Human is fine, if its the final segment of the show.
But the shitty Zombie/Alien/Virus needs to be practically dealt with first.
>Literally waging a civil war against the emperor
>In a shitty way
>Also civil war against neutral towns
>While the nation is literally being killed alive, by zombies
>>
>>145937191
I wanted badass kabaneri engineer instead of magneto-lite. Also, would it kill Japan to have their female leads not end up a slobering wreck that needs to be saved? I like badass Mumei kicking zombie ass, I didn't like it when she was sulking around how she was a tool and was so blatantly played like a fiddle in the second half.
>>
File: Goddamit Biba.jpg (90KB, 500x565px) Image search: [Google]
Goddamit Biba.jpg
90KB, 500x565px
>>145937191
This man.
>>
>>145937191

VIVA BIBA

Like all Araki shows, Araki went wrong.
>>
>>145937191
nothing, it was 50x better than AoT
>>
>>145940934
>Also, would it kill Japan to have their female leads not end up a slobering wreck that needs to be saved?
Welcome to Japan
Welcome to Slam
>>
>>145937951
>zombie anything
>not expecting blood
what are you, World War Z director?
>>
This is one of the few shows where the MC is liked and the hot Villain hated.
>>
Pros:
>Likable enough protagonist
>Samurai Kabane
>Kabane blob monster was hilarious

Cons:
>Obvious AoT clone by the AoT director
>Characters make the dumbest decisions (Hey, why don't we listen to what these plainly idiotic passengers call the shots and take the train to the most dangerous route. Surely nothing bad will happen.)
>Tries too hard to shock the viewer (the pregnant lady specifically).
>Biba's existance in the show

Overall, I though it was decent.
>>
>>145937272
Fucking this. It was interesting until "humans were the monsters all along".
>>
>>145937519
I thought the ending was alright. Last episode was deliciously cheesy and we might get a season 2 with an actual story.

If they spend a bit more time coming up with a decent story it would be absolutely amazing, because everything else is pretty good. The art, the characters, the steampunk feudal Japan environment, the cute hime. Fuck, I love the design of all characters.
>>
>>145937191
Viva la Biba
>>
File: 1463987858980.jpg (82KB, 800x1121px) Image search: [Google]
1463987858980.jpg
82KB, 800x1121px
Musclechan not saved the show with her muscles.
>>
>>145937272
I love for each Episode Biba stays on screen, his ability to do anything right gets worse.
If you can create a one time literal metal biomecha, thats resistant to artillery, why even bothering slaughtering neutrals in middle of nowhere?

Why bother with a shitty 3 layer scam, when he could just be a asshole and assassinate the local magistrates if they don't follow him?
>>
>>145937191
it was an original anime, no other sources.
>>
>>145940634
The human race is retarded enough to start fighting itself when bigger threats are around.

Devil Survivor seems pretty "real" about that.
>>
>>145943969
I think i agree with the shock part. They always pop out of nowhere, and always in the places where they aren't even needed.
I.E Kid in episode 9.
>>
>>145940934
>Fags get mad at useless women and Erza shenanigans

Middle grounds have a 50/50 chance of dipping into Nardo women and Asuna or Erza flavored asspulls because girl power
>>
File: 78979564655664564231.jpg (17KB, 299x316px) Image search: [Google]
78979564655664564231.jpg
17KB, 299x316px
I'm at episode 8 and I'm not engaged. I went knowing nothing other than it was popular and it looked amazing. I didn't even read threads here. Biba is fun tho'.
>>
mumei ruined everything
>>
>>145937191

Overly high expectations from schlock entertainment
>>
>>145937567
>the first two episodes were genuinely the most fun i've had in years with any form of media
That's just fucking sad.
>>
>>145937567
>2 episodes with completely shit pacing
>Most fun
nah
>>
>>145947019
I don't get this sentiment.

The shogun was cowardly and humanity would inevitably lose if it hid and ran.

Biba was right but he was a murderous sociopath.
>>
>all these people hating on Biba
I could understand the hate when hes first introduced and you don't know his backstory at all, but come on. As a child his father attempted to murder him out of fear, then later when Biba was still "good" and honestly trying to end the kabane, his father betrayed not only him, but all his men too. Leaving them to die in a very shitty situation where Biba would be watching his men die in front of him and there's nothing he could do.

>muh zombies everywhere and humanity might be facing extinction
They stopped being a real threat when Biba showed how easy they are to control/how easily his troops just decimate them AND with the new tech Ikoma created the zombies are basically a non issue at this point.

Biba became a man who was obsessed with revenge, but it was pretty damn justified. And remember in the end when he got his revenge, he still chose to save Ikoma's life.
>>
>>145948429
I don't think you understand what the setting of the anime is, what the zombie horde is, or why its a problem.
In The Walking Dead, and similar shows, zombies are a problem because nobody has bothered to go to unsettled land, build a wall, and then settle said land.
The Human v Human conflict serves absolutely no purpose without strongholds to wage war over.

In Kabaneri, there is no strongholds. Their fortresses literally fall once the Zombie hoard descends.
Their weapons are not strong enough to deal with the Zombie horde.
There is no real agriculture.
Its questionable how humanity is even surviving, or how they mine.
>>
File: See you next time.jpg (2MB, 9578x1174px) Image search: [Google]
See you next time.jpg
2MB, 9578x1174px
>>145937191
Viewers and critics misinterpreted everything. Once you put your brain to work though, many things become clearer.

I'm ready for S2 in 2018.
>>
I was already iffy on it by then, but the first Hive/ black cloud cemented my dislike of the show.
>>
>>145948716
I don't think you understand that just because the setting is fucked and doesn't make sense doesn't make Biba a bad character. It really doesn't make sense how they survived that long and it makes even less sense how apparently Biba was winning against them untill his supplies got cut off. But that doesn't matter anymore, because in the present of anime the zombies are like I said no longer a real threat and will be cleaned up in no time with Ikoma's weapons being spread around.
>>
>>145947783
Humans can fight itself because it knows its the Alpha Predator, The great Apex Predator.
Once it no longer that, there is no reason.

The ideal "The Real Evil Was Humans" is when you have the last arc of the show be a succesion wars.
Which would be the 3 or 4 last episodes in a 26 episode long series.
LOGH understood this for example. What was important is that once Yang Wenli was dead, was the successor war.
Once Keiser Reinhard had won, what was even more important was the aftermath.

Kabaneri is in many ways the opposite of that. The zombie threat can only be engaging when its the main threat. When whats left is to clean it up, THEN you can have the gigantic internal power struggle.
When the power struggle comes before that, you end up with a "lol zombies" show, that isn't really engaging in any way. Unless you only watch the occasional episode without any continuity.
>>
>>145949224
>because in the present of anime the zombies are like I said no longer a real threat
They get their cool weapons in what... episode 5? By episode 8+, it still has entire cities falling because somebody lowered their bridges.

Then again, I do love the Shogun.
>>
File: 56660961_p0.jpg (152KB, 872x1280px) Image search: [Google]
56660961_p0.jpg
152KB, 872x1280px
>>145948832
THAT'S what he looks like without the goggles?
>>
>>145940087
You're right. I didn't mention the blood contract earlier because I fucking forgot about it, that's how undeveloped it was.
>>
>>145947315
I agree with you there, the only problem was the writing.
>>
File: MY EYES.jpg (177KB, 1024x1479px) Image search: [Google]
MY EYES.jpg
177KB, 1024x1479px
>>145949419
Were you expecting the manliest eyes ever? Too bad for you.
>>
Too many layers of shading.
>>
>>145949586
He was so confusing but so based.
>>
>>145949353
> it still has entire cities falling because somebody lowered their bridges.

>somebody lowered the bridges
>and killed the guards that alert people
>and brought a giant amount kabane
>and had a super weapon/more troops inside the city already
>>
>>145949915
Edo doesn't fall because it got invaded.
It falls because somebody showered it zombies.
It was, hilarious.
>>
Visually the anime is top tier. The story is absolute shit.
>>
>>145949915
>and brought a giant amount kabane
Mumei wasn't turned into that until after the city had fallen.
I don't even get the point of turning her into that, the city had already fallen. And they can't use her as a siege engine either.
>and killed the guards that alert people
They didn't do that either. Thats the joke

All they did, was to drive in another gate, and flood the city with starter zombies.
>>
Dropped it after three episodes of non stop
>ure a kabane
>no am not kabane
>u r too
>nuh uh
>>
I wouldn't mind if it was the first 12 episodes to a much longer and complex series.

But by itself it's rather forgettable.
>>
>>145947019

So pretty much Attack on Titan?
>>
>>145937976
At the least anybody of importance died in the Biba arc. Thats something.
Even it was a waste
>Kill Shogun and do nothing
>Win, but need to turn Mumei into a monster for no reason
>Lol i was Kanabari all along
>Die like a bitch instead of trying to have a manly final battle
>Ki Blasts everywhere, because they can't be arsed with any good choreography
>Keeps waddling between blunt trauma to lungs to disable, and superhuman half breeds
>>
>>145937191
Got boring after the villain came along. Shit just had unlikable characters. I just wanted to see them suffe and treat it realistically. Not fly 30 feet in the air and shoot guns.
>>
File: 1824782347234.png (865KB, 800x718px) Image search: [Google]
1824782347234.png
865KB, 800x718px
>>145953420
>I just wanted to see them suffer
But they did though.

>and treat it realistically
That's your first mistake.
>>
>>145937191
It introduced a cookie-cutter villian that turned it all to shit. I'm not saying it was perfect before that, but after, well after it didn't have a chance in hell.
>>
>>145947606
Yes
>>
>>145937274
That doesn't even begin to describe how bad the writing of the second half of the anime is. You can have human conflicts regardless of zombies and it can be fun but every five minutes there are incoherence or ass pull while the characters progressively make less sense and get more boring.
Thread posts: 84
Thread images: 12

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.