[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

do these goobers ever stop crying or is this going to be unrequited

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 61
Thread images: 4

do these goobers ever stop crying or is this going to be unrequited love for 30+ episodes
>>
>>145642276
>unrequited love for 30+ episodes
The only thing this faggot gets is a plate with pancakes with honey in-between them and a four-clover between each pancake that he eats while crying, riding the train to some far off town to start working with some building company.
>>
>>145642276
I don't remember very well but I think it was
unrequited love for 30+ episodes
>>
>>145642501
best ending ever

Not even being sarcastic here. Its a coming-of-age story after all
>>
>>145642821
>love hurts
coming of age anime really drag.
>>
>>145643255
aww hate the fact to face reality anon?

Jap cartoon fags are really pathetic
>>
>>145643608
let it all out, man. it's ok
>>
>>145642501
>pancakes
It was a sandwich
>>
I think this show is /r9k/ lite except that the characters are actually trying to be successful rather than shutting themselves from the society
>>
>bawww my OTP didnt happen
>the pace is too slow! It's so boring!
>X sucks! Why would Y pick them not Z?

/a/ is mentally and fundamentally retarded about coming of age anime.

The only remotely odd thing about the entire series is that sensei seems to harbor some(?) feelings for hagu, and she doesn't at all for him. At the same time that can be seen as the "he has to sacrificed himself to make her happy" trope.
>>
>>145642821
I agree the ending was great. I hate people that say s2 was shit. It was a very solid season, and people just don't cope with the fact that it isn't as lighthearted as season 1.
>>
>>145642276
expected a good romance anime and i got jack an autistic midget that some literal losers fought over

the only good romance anime i found was itazura na kiss and that one got some angry feminists writing reviews about the female protag being the dumber one of the two
>>
>>145644144
You lack exposure to the romance genre and are autistic. If you don't want drama in your romance, why the fuck are you watching romance?
>>
>>145644144
You should try White Album 2.
>>
I don't understand how people can tolerate Hagu as a character, especially as a love interest. She is quite literally mentally retarded, why she can't just be a regular loli with the rest of the cast being familial figures? Or if she has to be an adult in a loli body, give her a believably adult personality/mannerisms/way of speaking so it isn't fucking incomprehensible that people are romantically interested in her.

It's literally ruining the series for me, it fucks with any sense of realism or relatability that a series like this should excel in.
>>
>>145644043
I dropped it because I didn't like the characters. there was no reason to keep watching. I knew it wasn't for me when the dude bought Hagu shoes just like that.
>>
>>145644184
Nah, I just wanted a good romance anime that continues after the characters end up in a relationship. For some reason the majority is just the build-up to the relationship and once they are together the anime basically ends.

Inbetween the beginning and the start of their relationship it's just filled with either filler episodes or drama.

But to be honest, honey and clover was ok and pretty unique. I was just let down because I had different expectations of it.
>>
>>145644234
She isn't retarded she is just absurdly anxious and has had an enormous amount of pressure on her, for most of her life. The feMC of sakurasou is a legit retard.

Hagu was basically emotionally abused until she went to this school.
>>
I mostly want more college anime centered around artists. What I liked about H&C wasn't the romance, but the college life. Living in horrible run down dorms and dicking around on campus.
>>
>>145644184
>If you don't want drama in your romance, why the fuck are you watching romance?

Nanatsuiro Drops
Momokuri
early Nisekoi (if you can call that clown shitshow a "romance")
early Nogizaka Haruka no Himitsu

It's possible to have romance with no drama. Usually it's really lighthearted and very cute. Honestly drama ruins romance, if I wanted that I could watch one of the 9 bazillion 3DPD romance shows for that shit. We're watching anime to run away from 3DPD, why do you want to go back to their shit in anime format?
>>
>>145644268
That's a valid critique of it, and a valid want out of a romance anime, you didn't really post that the first time.

Watch nodame cantabile.

>>145644251
Morita buying the shoes just like that is to show how he couldn't emotionally deal with her or himself at the time, but knew that he liked her and wanted to work hard to give her a gift that she wanted. You just have to watch more of the show to appreciate the characters more, the first 2-3 episodes are a little rough. That's kind of a "trend" for coming of age anime. They have to be not the most likable or successful characters right off the bat, otherwise they have very little room/reason to evolve.
>>
>>145644043
>coming of age
>All over 18 years old

I really wish /a/ would stop using the 'coming of age' meme to excuse shit writing.
>>
>>145644358
she isn't retarded because she's a girl. she'll be babied by sensei for however long. im not even being r9k about it. if a guy was like her, his life would be shit.
>>
>>145644421
Already watched Nodame and loved it.

Seems like you have some taste though so you should really check out itazura na kiss.
>>
>>145643936
Whatever.
>>
>>145644421
I liked Nana and Paradise Kiss and I was into them at the first episode.. I appreciate you replying though. I'm not going to watch until it gets better since I don't care right now.
>>
>>145644406
I wouldn't consider any of the series you listed good. I think that drama/romance need some type of drama.

Even "sweet" shows like kimi ni todoke have a lot of the plot centered around drama. I do understand wanting less dramatic drama though.
>>
Never watched the anime but reading the manga I could never take this series seriously because of how much of an autist Hagu was and how anyone could fall in love with her. That and the fact that I can't take any "art" student seriously.
>>
>>145644358
She thinks and acts like a child, that's actual developmental retardation. Anxiety can explain shyness or fear, but not her complete lack of common sense, life skills and general knowledge.

The mangaka just decided to make her 'cute' and appeal to lolicons I suppose, but it's too far.
>>
>>145644451
>you stop growing as a human past 18

Coming of age doesn't refer to coming of the legal age to have sex/vote in america. It is common for coa series to focus on characters in that age, but its not exclusive.

>>145644470
Her life isn't shit because she's an IMMENSELY talented artist. Most super famous/successful artists have issues.

>>145644475
I've read itazura na kiss, I don't think it's bad but I wouldn't consider it outstanding. I could try the anime I guess.

>>145644566
I feel you, part of a coa and/or romance series being successful is about the characters being likable. I really enjoyed nana and paradise kiss too, I wish nana got closure even if it was just the manga.
>>
>>145642276
>or is this going to be unrequited love for 30+ episodes
But anon, melodramatic unrequited love is the most realistic and mature love story there is so it's super powerful!

Some people actually believe that shit and it makes me sick.
>>
>>145644686
You're an idiot, being mentally/emotionally and arguably just generally abused causes these things.

Hagu was kind of a wreck, but like I said in >>145644725 most great artists have issues. Even if I take your side and agree she is a bit retarded, I don't really think that changes much. So many romance anime protags/interest share those traits.
>>
>>145644776
It's constantly framed as cute and endearing, it's clearly fucking exaggerated and not even remotely believable or realistic.

But regardless, her retardation itself isn't even the issue. The issue is that multiple grown men see her as a potential love interest despite her retardation. My suspension of disbelief can only go so far, there is nothing romantically or sexually appealing about her, and if the characters are into that then they're completely unlikable and unrealistic themselves.
>>
>>145642501
please tell me this isn't real, there's no way the ending to this show is literally just the title drop
>>
>>145644762
yeah, the opposite is just as realistic. people tend to equate all the sad shit with realism.
>>
>>145644144
At least watch the more decent Live action of itazura no kiss rather than the anime
>>
>>145644589
>I wouldn't consider any of the series you listed good.

I take it you hate the slice of genre as a whole for not having drama too?
>>
>>145645113
One of the points of that post was to point out that idiots who think their idea of "realistic drama" equates to good drama don't know a fucking thing about writing.
>>
>>145644762
I'm not really your typical /a/ poster, but I've been here forever. Including when H&C aired. I also went to college to be an art teacher.

The only thing unrealistic about H&C is that ALL of them other than takemoto (to a level) were massively successful artists.
>>
>>145645049
It is real. Just drop it now if you care about that kind of thing. Also
>>>/tv/
>>
>>145644406
>Nogizaka Haruka no Himitsu
I barely remember this but what i remember is that her being a closet otaku basicaly became meaningless at some point and was kinda forgotten.
I just watched the anime though.
>>
>>145645172
No, I like sol anime. I just think part of romance is drama. Otherwise it's kind of just a bastardized sol.

The series you listed out don't really play out like a sol either, so it's just odd.
>>
>>145645285
>I'm a special snowflake who's different than you
>But I totally know how things work around here and have oldfag cred
>And I also understand an artists struggles a heart
Thanks anon, I almost forgot what insufferable faggots "Artists" were.
>>
>>145645241
I'm interested. what do you think is a romance/drama anime with good writing? I guess h&c gets praised since there's few similar anime and that makes it stand out
>>
File: 1438502531863.jpg (26KB, 276x366px) Image search: [Google]
1438502531863.jpg
26KB, 276x366px
>>145645465
>cite my sources for being able to speak like i am

>get butthurt
>>
>>145644406
Holy shit are you 12?
>>
I can't be the only one who thought Hagumi was supposed to be a 12-year old child prodigy until I found out that she's supposed to be roughly the same age as the other characters.

Loved the series overall, loved the character development and interactions. The ending kind of creeped me out though. Is she gonna like marry her uncle or something or is this relationship purely platonic? It can't be the healthiest thing for her.
>>
A show can make you feel like shit and still be good.
>>
>>145645506
Toradora.

Stay away from Kimi ni Todoke

That shit made me rage so fucking hard. So many people think it's one of the greatest romance anime out there.

2 seasons of forced drama and filler episodes until they finally confess at the end of season 2. It even takes them an ENTIRE episode in a classroom to confess their love for each other.

And before that, when both characters clearly loved each other, the writer literally pulled the "I like you" bullshit misunderstanding thing where both of the characters meant that they loved each other, but both thought the other one thought they only meant "like" as a friend.
>>
>>145645620
I thought it was meant to be platonic.
>>
>>145644725
By your stupid logic every anime is coming of age.
>>
File: 1467989660581.jpg (78KB, 340x314px) Image search: [Google]
1467989660581.jpg
78KB, 340x314px
>>145645695
>toradora

>shitting on kimi no todoke
>>
>>145645506
Nodame already got mentioned in this thread. As far as musical/art romance goes, that's pretty much the bees knees.

>>145645563
>Miss the point of the post entirely
>"I'm an artist, trust me"
>Haha, u mad?
You're a special kind of stupid.
>>
>>145644451
life starts at 30 you idiot millennial
>>
>>145645695
>Toradora
Not that anon but with the reputation that series has you should elaborate on your opinion.
>>
>>145645695
Here's your (you)
>>
>>145645747
You literally responded to my original post with a shitpost.

I said that I have experience with being in an art school/artists because I was saying that the only unrealistic thing is the fact that they're all so talented. Love triangles are super fucking common. Wanting love/something you can't have is super fucking common. People being emotionally damaged/stunted is super fucking common. Like you just don't know what you're talking about.

Realism/relateability are two of the biggest things that speak to how moving a subject is to a person. Sure you don't need them, but most people can find at least something in a character in the show.
>>
>>145645958
It's amazing how you still missed the point that hard but keep getting mad and ranting like an idiot as if it gives you a point. I'll tell you what, if you can figure out why you're responding to my original post incorrectly, I'll give you a real response.

You also write with the prose of a teenage girl, but given your status as an "artist" I'm going to guess that you're just a faggot.
>>
>>145646051
It's funny that you keep slinging the douchebag artist XDD card when you are the one that is apparently too high and mighty to even give 1 (one) proper response and are critiquing stupid pointless shit in the posts related to me instead of the series.
>>
>>145645614

We're all little girls here anon.
>>
>>145646171
Still can't figure out what I was saying with that post, huh? That's ok, I'll just assume that it's that time of the month for you and that you're not actually retarded.
Thread posts: 61
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.