[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/a/'s general thoughts on this 18 year old series

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 203
Thread images: 30

File: Trigun .jpg (74KB, 720x480px) Image search: [Google]
Trigun .jpg
74KB, 720x480px
/a/'s general thoughts on this 18 year old series
>>
>>145624094
I surprisingly prefered it to the manga.
>>
Didn't age well at all.
>>
Boring and Vash is too goofy.
>>
Agonizingly slow at points. I started watching it about 2 months ago, and I've been putting off the last 4 episodes for weeks.
>>
I just finished this recently and it's one of the best animes I've watched. On the last thread they said the manga is much better and I still gotta check it out.
But I gotta say the ending left me disappointed.
>>
I got halfway through before giving up.

Been meaning to return to it.
>>
>>145624094
The anime was actually better then the manga.
>>
It's shit. Only Toonami fags like it.
>>
Mediocre.
>>
File: _kuroneko.jpg (14KB, 350x362px) Image search: [Google]
_kuroneko.jpg
14KB, 350x362px
hated this damn cat
>>
>>145624094
I remember enjoying it while watching it on toonami.
>>
>>145625466

I disagree but the anime is short so there's that. I like the manga because it really delves into Vash trying to cope with all of it and how his choices contrast to those around him.
>>
Interesting setting, interesting characters, but otherwise falls flat.
>>
ITT: Not enough cute girls for /a/
>>
>>145624628
I was going to say that. At least it's better than Outlaw Star.
>>
>>145624094
Good, but not as good as you remember.
>>
File: 1369361356812.png (528KB, 610x700px) Image search: [Google]
1369361356812.png
528KB, 610x700px
>>145626187
I eat moe for breakfast, but Trigun is great even without cute girls. It's a rare achievement actually.
It's definitely not a marathoning anime though, best way to watch it is to pace yourself since there's plenty of fun episodic shenanigans without much plot advancement.
>>
>>145624628
What exactly does "didn't age well" mean? Does it just refer to the animation?
>>
>>145624094
better then gungrave but neither holds a candle to kekkai sensen
>>
>>145624094
Pacing is a mess, comedy is out of place and lacking at times. The setting and worldbuilding were great, but a bit unexplored just as some of the characters.

Overall - good for a single watch and OST to remember.
>>
I don't think I've seen anyone say they like it that has actually seen it recently. The only people who seem to like it watched it previously several years ago on adult swim and haven't revisited it.
>>
It's good, but could be better. Pretty much no explanation about Plants or the background of Knives and Vash, Wolfwood doing some shit out of nowhere. Also, too slow in some episodes.
>>
>>145627132
>>145627122
>>145626002
And its just too bad Badlands Rumble OVA turned out to be pure fanservice, instead of story exploration.

What part of trigun you wanted to see more anons? Backstory, more developed cast, Vash/Knives early days, life of SEEDS survivors, general wastland postapoc, new characters with fun powers/tools/guns, or as popular today - chibi style shorts?
>>
>>145627132
The manga does go into a number of the unexplained background elements, for what it's worth, but goes in a much different direction as a result. Still feels like both mediums squandered their potential a bit; I enjoyed the characters more in the anime, but I preferred the general plot and world of the manga.
>>
>>145624094
Half of it is unfunny filler.
The other half is rushed.
Manga is better.
10/10 aesthetic and music though
>>
FUCK VASH
literal smug cuck
>>
>>145627132
it goes into much more detail about the plants and the history behind vash, knives, and rem in maximum
>>
Loved it. Funny with great heart, not something I usually look for or find in anime.
>>
>>145626315
Currently watching Outlaw Star for the first time, and I'm enjoying it much more than Trigun.

Vash is literally the only redeeming feature. Other characters are bland and boring. Pacing is just so off.

Trigun is one of my friend's favorite nostalgia trip shows, but I just don't see it.
>>
there are parts from the manga i enjoy more in the anime like H.T. (the opening),the first episode was probably one of my favorite first episodes in a series, and how the final fight with knives played out

but the Manga was able to flesh out more of its cast, had cooler villians (favorite one was the guy who used three off wolfwoods punisher crosses) more of a scifi mindfucky element to it.
>>
The OVA was great if you overlooked the "story"
>>
>>145624094
pretty good , just rewatched it recently (have been watching 5 episodes on tv when i was younger)

light hearted and funny in the beginning , gets pretty interesting towards the end of the anime. vash is a moralfag MC done right

the moment when vash was forced to kill the hypnosis dude was one of the most intense scenes i have witnessed in anime.

also
LOVE AND PEACE
>>
>>145628516

One could give the same criticisms of Outlaw Star (except Aisha being the only redeeming feature).
>>
>>145627122
>The only people who seem to like it watched it previously several years ago on adult swim and haven't revisited it.

I still enjoy watching it once a year. Maybe it hasn't aged so well but I still find it an enjoyable enough series to watch again every now and again.
>>
File: image.png (133KB, 423x275px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
133KB, 423x275px
>>145629788
>>
>>145626963
Not considered to be outstanding by today's standards. It's but its a dime a dozen anime that blew up in the west because it was on tv back in the day
>>
>>145626963
It means I used to like but don't like it anymore
>>
>>145625922
What episode did the cat appear?
>>
>>145631930
Every single one.
>>
File: TrigunMax_Ch76_08_09.jpg (138KB, 1456x1051px) Image search: [Google]
TrigunMax_Ch76_08_09.jpg
138KB, 1456x1051px
>>145624094

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5EQHg_bhCKY
>>
English Vash much better than Japanese Vash.

Just like Kenshin.
>>
>"I won't kill children!"
>"WELL TOO BAD NIGGA, ONE OF THE VILLAINS IS A CHILDREN!"
>"NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO"

Trigun was hilariously edgy most of the time. Kind of amazing just how bad it was.
>>
>>145629878
Aisha is pretty annoying desu
>>
>>145632258
you dont understand what edgy means
>>
>>145629878
Gotta agree with >>145632382.
Aisha is the typical annoying as fuck genki chick, Melfina is bland but plot-relevant, and Gene is an unlikable cunt. Everybody else is forgettable and/or unnecessary. Terrible cast, shitty writing, dumbass villain and story resolution. The whole show is only good for Suzuka shoulders/neck/back fanservice.
>>
>>145632258
> ONE OF THE VILLAINS IS A CHILDREN
i kek'd
>>
>literally the most wanted man in the entire world
>but nooooooobody knows what he looks like
>only that he has hair
>and wears red
>and has a gun that apparently looks a million times different from other guns
>except not really
>it's the wild west though so its okay nobody would have a photo
>except it turns out it's the far, FAR future and humanity came to the planet on genetics-bearing spaceships
>but nobody ever scavenged a fucking camera from one of the several massive crashed spaceships literally littering the fucking planet

trigun is dumb as hell and I hate it
>>
>>145632947
I agree that barely anyone recognizing him it bit dumb, but totally understandable, on the other hand your camera example is even dumber.
>>
Manga had cool artwork and looked stylish despite being poorly proportioned sometimes, and the fights were a little hard to follow at times. The story in the manga was at least more well developed and had a better end than the anime, wasn't amazing or terrible, it was aimed at teens and delivered appropriately.

The anime had a nice OST but nothing much else going for it. Pretty much everyone has seen it though so it gets a lot of nostalgia love.
>>
I liked it a lot. Had bunch of memorable moments which is something most anime these days don't have.
Also it was one of few anime that aired on TV in my country.
>>
I watched it for the first time a few months ago and I thought it was pretty good.
My main problem being the ending, for obvious reasons, and also knives being hilariously edgy and ruining everything just because he decided to become an intelligent nihilist with a wicked sense of humour.
>>
Weak ending great show overall.
>>
>>145634291
Sucks about the weak ending, too, since their budget got SHAFTED and the last episode is the first good animation in the show for the last 12 episodes.
>>
>>145626963
It has a lot of "old anime" hallmarks that just seem stale today.
>MC with a couple of comedy schticks that get run into the ground by being used over and over again every episode, at the most inappropriate times; the comedy in general is super exaggerated and eyeroll-inducing (not that this isn't equally shitty today, but at least it doesn't feel so old)
>Weirdly paced dialogue and direction, everyone seems to be talking slowly, lots of pausing, lots of still shots (and not for artistic purposes)
>Colors are super flat, even for a show that's set in the desert
>Really obvious filler at times, and a lot of the episodes just feel like the "bad guy of the week"
Overall just really old-fashioned in a bad way.
>>
I watched it early this year for the first time. I really hated the moral delimma and how it dragged on and on for the whole show.
>>
>>145626315
I agree, I didn't watch either back in the day and was underwhelmed. At least Vash is likable Gene was a fag, didn't like him one bit.
>>
>massively advanced spaceships crashed long long ago
>long enough that nobody but Vash and Knives, who might actually be immortal, knows what they even are
>but nobody knows that humans landed on this shitty desert planet from space
>apparently that particular piece of history has been completely lost
>despite the only people who could have created progeny would be people who had been on those ships and survived the crash

Always irked me about the anime. I get that it's been like a hundred years, but that's definitely not long enough that people would forget they came from motherfucking space.
>>
One of my favorite anime. I love it to bits. Of course, I haven't watched the whole thing in a long time, but somewhat recently, I caught an episode somewhere and was surprised at how fun the dialogue could be. I need to give it a rewatch one of these days. Badlands Rumble was also pretty fun, I'd love for there to be more adventures.
>>
This series has the same problem as kenshin.
>>
>>145633484
Agree with all of this. Manga was stylish as fuck, but that didn't translate very well to animation (likely because of budget issues). Madhouse was in surprisingly poor form and it aged badly, aside from the OST, which is still pretty great.

The animation for Badlands Rumble was a lot better, but it also had a movie budget and didn't add much to the series than more style and good music, which were the two things the series wasn't lacking.

I will say that TriMax was a lot better than Trigun, and it's unfortunate that it'll probably never get a redone, higher budget, true to the manga adaptation.
>>
File: 14_273.jpg (293KB, 846x1200px) Image search: [Google]
14_273.jpg
293KB, 846x1200px
>>145625466
I think aside from the ending it was much more balanced than manga. Manga was great, but it's story is about as schematic as the Nightow art is. I feel like Nightow was getting tired of it by the end. Like how Knives claims to never back down from his path and then does that in the same chapter.
I feel like there were many ideas that needed to be expanded, like Earth plants, or what was Elendira's deal for instance.
Legato is great character. He was indeed more intimidating in the anime, but had more depth as a character in the manga.
>>
File: 1244480969547.jpg (257KB, 1152x788px) Image search: [Google]
1244480969547.jpg
257KB, 1152x788px
>>145624094
It was OK.
I always think of it as a companion piece to Cowboy Bebop. They're easier to watch together since their excesses balance each other.
Trigun is too goofy; Bebop is too pretentious. They're both good, but binge watching either by itself is intolerable.
>>
>>145635547
Pussy protagonist with shitty comedy?
>>
>>145626994
Are you for real? Kekkai sensen is just an action show. Gungrave is a great drama, and Trigun is anime classics, both have superior OSTs to boot.
>>
File: mandm2.jpg (26KB, 600x408px) Image search: [Google]
mandm2.jpg
26KB, 600x408px
I think we can all agree that these two are great though.
>>
>>145635716
>Bebop is too pretentious
Oh fuck off m8. What, would you rather have Spike running around acting like a retard like Vash? Would that make it less "pretentious"?
>>
File: type.gif (390KB, 500x341px) Image search: [Google]
type.gif
390KB, 500x341px
>>145635774
absolutely
>>
>>145635774
No, they ruined the show by taking up too much screntime. Or too little of you cared about their development.
>>
>>145635774
Millie is best waifu, needed WAY more fanservice--and I don't mean panty shots and ecchi shit, I mean just more development and interaction with the rest of the cast. But Meryl is the typical "awful cunt who wants to be the voice of reason but also needs needs NEED to be a love interest despite being an awful cunt" female from 90s anime, and she was awful.
>>
>>145635912
They were barely around in the manga, so I guess that's fair trade.
>>
File: bebop_genre.jpg (87KB, 640x427px) Image search: [Google]
bebop_genre.jpg
87KB, 640x427px
>>145635888
>a new genre itself
yeah right...
>>
>>145635949
>the typical "awful cunt who wants to be the voice of reason but also needs needs NEEDS to be a love interest despite being an awful cunt" female from 90s anime
did the 90s really start that? feels like that archetype has been prominent in anime since the 80s
I agree with you though that Meryl is fucking trash
cute design but just honestly a terrible and useless character
while also managing to be a complete bitch
>>
>>145634649
>Weirdly paced dialogue and direction, everyone seems to be talking slowly, lots of pausing, lots of still shots (and not for artistic purposes)
How is that old anime trope?
This applies to practically every anime that is written by someone who isn't versed in writing good dialogue and directed by someone with bad idea of pacing
Which is 90% of this media
>>
Horrible, at least what i can remember of it. I only got halfway through when i tried watching it years ago before dropping it.

It focuses way too much on the very superficial moralizing, if you're going to focus on that so much you at least to make it slightly interesting,

Then to add on to that, the animation isn't that good, the characters are bland, and it isn't funny.
>>
>>145635716
A show can do the kind of stuff that Bebop does and come off as pretentious, but I've always thought that Bebop manages to keep those elements in check and not stray into the realm of pretension. But if a show like isn't your cup of tea, I can understand why you would think that it's pretentious.
>>
>>145632021
and even some of kekkai senen
>>
>>145636200
Cowboy Bebop might be more you speed, kiddo. Don't worry, you won't have to use your brain at all while watching it.
>>
>>145635949
No I definitely think we needed more Millie pantsu and ecchi as well.
>>
File: 1434874986258.jpg (34KB, 480x566px) Image search: [Google]
1434874986258.jpg
34KB, 480x566px
>>145635949
>Millie is best waifu
>>
>>145635774
Their scenes came off as filler or greatly padded so they could be set up as major characters in merchandise, so I never liked them.
>>
>>145636271
Where is the depth in Trigun?
>>
>>145636200
There's a very specific variation of this that you see only in like, these 90s and early 2000s show, where I see it and immediately go "oh this is a low budget show from the turn of the century, probably made by Madhouse". None of the problems in my post are specific only to old stuff, but there's a way of doing all of those things that's just very indicative of that period. It's like a mild version of that whole dragging shit out thing that long running shonen anime like DBZ or Naruto tend to do.
>>
>>145632258
Read the Manga, Zazie ends up in a female body and pulls a larva out of "their" vagina. I forgot for what purpose but that panel horrified me.
>>
I honestly can't stand when an anime tries to shove an incredibly naive moral lesson down my throat all the time.
>>
>>145624094
I really wish it didn't come out in a time when having proper endings was considered lame.
>>
Its my favorite anime

But its pretty mediocre until the gung ho guns come in

Manga is way better
>>
I watched it like 4 years ago. It was pretty terrible at the time I watched it. I think people that like it are just nostalgia fags.
>>
>>145636332
Yeah but you can save that shit for promotional and spinoff material, but still keep her desirable and appearing non-slutty. Keep her pure, perfect, and clothed in the main series, throw out some lewd hooks here and there in the side stuff--candid comfy shots of her in panties, sweating and working on the family farm, whatever. Perfect strategy.
>>
File: Warning.jpg (56KB, 720x576px) Image search: [Google]
Warning.jpg
56KB, 720x576px
>>145635982
>>
>>145636460
holy shit, seriously? is that from maximum or the first series?
>>
>>145636555
It was an adaptation on an ongoing manga, so having a filler ending was pretty unavoidable.
>>
>>145636832
>Fight Club

Maximum pretentiousness.
>>
File: drink.jpg (88KB, 768x768px) Image search: [Google]
drink.jpg
88KB, 768x768px
>>145624094
>18 years
>>
>>145636860
It had a lot of "filler" in general since there wasn't much manga material to work with, but the ending was the only lame part about it.
>>
File: Trigun Maximum v01 c03 072.jpg (91KB, 380x487px) Image search: [Google]
Trigun Maximum v01 c03 072.jpg
91KB, 380x487px
>>145635949
Mreryl was a lot better in Maximum, as well as a little hotter
>>
File: zaziebellringer.png (2MB, 756x1008px) Image search: [Google]
zaziebellringer.png
2MB, 756x1008px
>>145636837
Maximum, I bought the series when Dark Horse release the graphic novels.
I just found the page. Zazie was going to use the bug ala Kahn in Star Trek to mind control Knives, but Legato being the good waifu destroys the host body.
>>
I love it, was once of my first anime. No I did not first watch it on fucking Toonami but on good ol VHS.
Now that ive seen other anime with DO NOT KILL mc's I can go back and say Vash was well done in that regard. His moral code makes sense for him and he pays the price appropriately.
>>
>>145637074
That's supposed to be a woman? Pfffft.
>>
>>145637124
Damn, "Maximum" is right. Maximum edge.
>>
File: Razlo_mx9_7.jpg (146KB, 770x561px) Image search: [Google]
Razlo_mx9_7.jpg
146KB, 770x561px
Oh what I wouldn't give to see this bastard animated
>>
>Trigun vol1 was the first DVD i bought
Also got it on VHS
>>
>>145624094

Great ost
Cute girls
Great twist on the moralfag protagonist
Wasted a bunch of episodes on filler or predictable villains
Mediocre direction and animation
Overrated due to nostalgia exposure
>>
>>145636832
Whew, good thing my name isn't Tyler
>>
>>145637222
Just the whole Livio/Wolfwood fight would be fantastic.
>>
>>145637155
What do you want? Nightow likes manly men too much.
>>
>>145634649
>It has a lot of "old anime" hallmarks that just seem stale today.

This is probably why a lot of people are put off. They're coming at it from their jaded post 2000s anime perspective.
>>
I tried watching it years ago, got to episode 5 or something and dropped it. I think the pacing was terrible and I couldn't understand the 'hook' of the series back then, but I'm not sure. Might take another peek sometime later.
>>
>>145637263
Yeah but that's not "a little hotter" unless you like your women to just be men. Then again, that's a very Japanese view to hold, so I guess it works for the weeaboos on this site.
>>
>>145637365
this is /a/.... Do you know how many trap threads get posted a day...
>>
>>145637205
You also see Legato being crucified and raped by a fat ass then being "saved" by Knives. It does get pretty edgy but I think it was a better story. Oh and Wolfwood is apparently underaged
>>
>>145624094
>ITT toonami kids
>>
>>145637424
Uh, yeah, I know.
>Then again, that's a very Japanese view to hold, so I guess it works for the weeaboos on this site
That's why that's half of my post, dipshit.
>>
>>145637433
>spoiler
I never got over that part. That just ruins his character for me. Anime Wolfwood is better.
>>
>>145637143
>Now that ive seen other anime with DO NOT KILL mc's I can go back and say Vash was well done in that regard. His moral code makes sense for him and he pays the price appropriately.
This. People always seem to mock or get irritated by Vash's moral code but rarely ever reach far enough into the series to realize how much that actually came back to bite him in the ass. Legato was pretty memorable in that regard.
>>
>>145637502
That's the only thing I hated about his manga depiction. But we got Livio out of it.
>>
>>145637074
this is still best girl
>>
>>145637433
>that spoiler
That's completely retarded. Actually, definitively stupid as fuck. He's very clearly a grown man in his late 20's at the YOUNGEST, if not easily early 30's. What the fuck.
>>
>>145637565
Rem would be best girl if she'd just muffled Knives with a pillow when he was a kid. Her "no no, I'm sure I can save him from becoming a monster" ideology got her and thousands others killed.
>>
>>145637616
It had a pretty dumb reason behind it, specifically in that he regularly used a drug to amp up his abilities but it basically aged his body to ridiculous levels.
>>
>>145637661
I genuinely thought that you were implying /ss/ there for moment. Then again, Rem having some /ss/ fun with Knives might have helped him get over himself.
>>
>>145637616
Read at your own peril, Wolfwood manga spoiler.
Basically he took a drug supplied by Eye of Michael, which enhanced everything but also accelerated his aging, so I think he was between 14-16 years old when he died int he manga.
>>
I know 4chan is flooded with Americans but it seriously surprises me how many people have only ever watched (or heard of) Trigun on Toonami.

In my case I saw it broadcasted locally one time (not on Toonami) and decided to get the series so I could have a comfy time watching the whole thing.
>>
>>145635716
>>145635982
Looks like we have some shit-ass tastes in this thread
>>
>anime remake never
>manga will never get good translation
Fan translation was better than official one, but not without flaws.
>>
>>145637905
>>anime remake never

there where rumors floating around some Japanesse sites that given the success of Kekkai Sensen BONES and MAPPA where int talks to re-adapt it but since no citations given everyone say its probably fake
>>
>>145638023
If so, they need to grab original Trigun/Gungrave writer from Madhouse, he's good at wrapping it up for the most part. Kekkai sensen filler parts were lame. And don't give me this "howaito is cute" shit.
>>
>>145624094
While this thread might point otherwise, last couple of months ago we've actually had some threads about it where people who genuinely liked the series discussed about it even with all its flaws.
>>
>>145637661
Wasn't Knives still a relatively normal kid, origins aside, before getting the shit kicked out of him and discovering what happened to their "sister"? Rem, for her part, was attempting to make up for her inaction back then as well from what I recall. Seemed like a shitty situation all around.

Of course, I felt like the manga tried pretty hard to give a lot of the villains some sort of horrible, tragic backstory, which sort of lost its impact pretty quickly.
>>
>>145637721
>Rem having some /ss/ fun with Knives might have helped him get over himself

>Rem /ss/'s with Knives as a last ditch attempt to show him the good in humanity
>Knives decides it's worth it to save all the grown human women
>for his adult woman harem
>and rule all of humanity's females as their shota emperor

doujin fucking WHEN
>>
>>145638162
Pretty much, I think they named her Tesla? Then when the earthborn plants arrive of course Knives doesn't give a shit about them like the hypocrite he is.
>>
>>145624094
One of the few series where anime > manga

Also one of the first anime I ever watched so very nostalgic
>>
>>145637474
>I hate it because it isn't CGDCT.
>>
>>145634649
The dialogue and the colours I definitely agree on. It doesnt look great even if the animation is pretty good. Looks kind of flat.
>>
>>145638265
>loving teacher /ss/
>turning into dominant shota /ss/
hnnnggg my incredibly specific fetish
>>
File: 479630.jpg (180KB, 903x583px) Image search: [Google]
479630.jpg
180KB, 903x583px
Loved it and still like it a lot, even the dub.
The OST is godlike.
I still prefer the manga, though.
>>
>>145638268
Yeah, I wasn't a fan of Knives at the end. The plants from earth seemed like they'd be a big deal, but nothing really seemed to come of it other than some offhand comments from the side characters. It's been a while since I've read it so I could just be mistaken on how it all played out, but I recall feeling like they were building up to something bigger than how the ending actually played out.
>>
Overall, it was pretty decent
>>
trigun is so much fucking fujobait it's insane
>>
>>145638515
I think they were more to convey that Earth did NOT forget about Project SEEDS, but to also show how powerful Knives was, assimilating one of the younger ones from afar. The older longhaired one I think is still on Gunsmoke from what I remember. I am due a re-read.
>>
>>145638515
The Ending's a total clusterfuck and there's a solid four volumes at the end where nothing really happens except for cool splash pages
>>
>>145625922
You monster. The cat was lovely.
>>
>>145638674
Is /a/ that far gone that its now retroactively accusing shows of being Fujobait which were never considered it before?
>>
>>145633484
I personally found this show more entertaining than Cowboy Bebop, even after numerous rewatches.

>Nothing much else going for it. Pretty much everyone has seen it though so it gets a lot of nostalgia love.
That kind of argument EVAfags never can admit.
>>
>>145638876
That's not a new opinion. Otaku hated it when it aired because it seemed "too gay," and as such fujoshi loved it.
>>
>>145638876
/a/ is totally fucked up and hates anime. The more you know.
>>
>>145638960
What? Where? I don't remember anything gay besides a little shota rape on the side.
>>
>>145639039
Was there shota rape? Holy shit. Which episode?
>>
/v/ the anime
>>
>>145639099
manga only
>>
>>145639099
Manga, Legato was a sex slave for a fat mayor.
>>
File: 1337204279485.png (492KB, 587x557px) Image search: [Google]
1337204279485.png
492KB, 587x557px
>>145639135
>>145639120
I...Oh...
>>
>>145639135
>>145639120
holy shit how fucking edgy was this manga?
someone give me a rundown
>>
He is Vash the Stupid
>>
>>145639261
One of the the Gung-Ho guns is a Tranny too.
Elendira the Crimson Nail
http://trigun.wikia.com/wiki/Elendira_the_Crimsonnail?file=Elendira.jpeg
>>
>>145639279
lets just say after the shonen magazine it was running in originally went under, a seinen magazine picked it back up
>>
>>145639353
also Nightow was a HUGE fan of 90s marvel and DC
>>
>>145639279
Also some child soldier shit, teslas story, legato, everything just a little to bloody, brutal fights.
But I didn't really think of it as edgy back when I was reading it.
>>
File: gray.jpg (71KB, 540x806px) Image search: [Google]
gray.jpg
71KB, 540x806px
>>145639649
There was Gray the Ninelives as well, who in the manga was some sort of flesh puppet piloted by nine small, mutated... People? During the fight with Wolfwood, it gets ripped apart and lumbers about with its organs spilling out everywhere until he spies one of the dudes inside of it. At one point, its severed arm crawls over to hit a button and to open some big door Wolfwood's hiding behind.

So, you know. Maximum edge.
>>
>>145624094
Could've done without the whole alien/angel/whatever aspect.
>>
I only read the manga. I liked it although it had pacing problems. Probably the fault of switching the magazine.

Cried much at Wolfwood's death scene.
>>
File: Outlaw Star hmmph.jpg (59KB, 803x552px) Image search: [Google]
Outlaw Star hmmph.jpg
59KB, 803x552px
>>145626315
>>145632558
>Hating on Outlaw Star

I like Outlaw Star. It's not a perfect anime by any means, it has flaws, but overall I think it's pretty good.
>>
>>145632947
So why haven't you scavenged some alien technology on Earth too? It's really easy, just find it and use it!
Also, no, the guy who looks like the prime minister living under the bridge closest to you is NOT the prime minister. Even though he looks like him and claims to be him. Strange, huh?
>>
Nightrow stated in a interview he enjoys body horror and mutilated shit in general

Guess that would explain all the gorey ass designs in Maximum
>>
>>145639933
Oh, more graphic than I remember. But I remember that crawling hand, drama too.
Maybe I was to focused to try to understand what the fuck was happening so I had no time to appreciate the gore.
Time to re-read.
>>
>>145635949
Millie did things to me I'm still embarassed to admit.
>>
>>145640121
>Cried much at Wolfwood's death scene
Me too. It was embarrassing.
>>
>>145624628
Fuck you.
>>
>>145640320
Yeah, Nightow's art is really fucking hard to follow so I'm not surprised you missed some details. Hell, I've read it a few times and I only kinda think that other anon is right.
>>
>>145632258
>Edgy is bad
>>
>tfw /a/ shovels modern anime into its gaping oral orifice while denigrating the old classics
>>
Pretty good. Not great, but good. I like the manga more, simply because it's more interesting.

A lot of people around here will hate on it to be contrarian.
>>
>>145624094
Pretty enjoyable.
>>
>>145640364
Millie is the reason I married a 6-foot tall girl. That and my size difference fetish.
>>
Trigun Maximum needs an anime adaptation for real.
>>
I liked it. Meryl is mai waifu and I will fucking fight anyone who speaks ill of her
>>
>>145642132
Millie is superior. Meryl is a shrill, dong-chasing skank.
>>
>>145642132
I like her but her shitty romance plot in the anime was in fact shitty. Really not sure why Millie/Wolfwood worked though.
>>
>>145642325
Because Millie is appropriately affectionate towards Wolfwood without being slutty.
>>
File: trigun_groups0093.jpg (38KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
trigun_groups0093.jpg
38KB, 640x480px
>>145624094
Loved the show overall but:

1. Very poorly explained in some aspects, especially what exactly "plants" are.

2. The pacing of the show was really ass. Critical events would take place then the next few episodes would be boring filler like that part with the farm or some shit.

3. The ending was extremely anticlimactic and left me with a lot of questions. Like, even if Vash stopped Knives without killing him, who's to say that he won't try some shit again?

4. The ending really tried to shoehorn a romance between Vash and Meryl and it felt out of place since it was introduced halfway through the final episode and was never developed aside from occasional banter and minor understandings between each other.

5. Not nearly enough Milly. I want to eat Milly's sandwiches.

Other that that, the OST is great and Wolfwood's death is still the saddest scene I've watched in anime.
>>
File: wolfwood.jpg (122KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
wolfwood.jpg
122KB, 800x600px
the manga is one of my all-time favorites, but the anime kinda falls short.

Manga Vash is just anti-killing, but will absolutlely kneecap a fucker if he has to, whereas Anime Vash is anti-violence and always gets into these awful situations where he could easily use his superhuman skills to resolve things but chooses not to. That makes it hard to take him seriously, because it feels like he's really NOT doing everything he can to save people.
>>
>>145643560
>1. Very poorly explained in some aspects, especially what exactly "plants" are.
>Spoonfeed me
>>
>>145632258
If you want to find out what edgy actually looks like, watch Hellsing Ultimate
>>
You could cut half the episodes and it'd be a stronger show.
>>
Ended up getting this huge fucking book that collects Trigun's first series -- I think? Haven't read through it yet so I don't know what that's all about. However, is Trigun Maximum something completely different or was it the material they used for the show?
>>
>>145646353
And yet 13 ep series pollute anime now and they are shittock
>>
File: photo.jpg (5KB, 88x88px) Image search: [Google]
photo.jpg
5KB, 88x88px
>>145632258
Are you fucking serious right now nigga

Everybody in the episode was shocked he would shoot a child after they tried calming said child down, and Wolfwood regretted it later, breaking down to Milly over it. You act like they portray shooting a child as something hilarious or casual. JFC this board throws the word edgy around as much as Shillary Cunton throws the "I'm a woman" card

Weak b8 m8
>>
>>145647054
been thinking that for a while
>>
>>145627121
>Comedy is out of place

Anon do you even know what the term cerebus syndrome means?
>>
>>145647538
A show with three heads: Drama, Comedy and Action
>>
>>145624139
No way, the manga had some really cool shit going on, later on.
>>
>>145624094
Kind of got bored of it 6 or 8 episodes in with the whole not killing thing
>>
It's a show that's best watched slowly and consistently. Honestly, I enjoyed all the episodes but I don't think that it's fair to judge it based only on the first few. It has a bit of a tonal shift as it goes along
>>
>>145646824
Maximum is a continuation of the first two books, and picks up immediately where they left off. The new title represents the story moving from a shonen to a seinen magazine partway through its publication.
>>
>>145646824
It's the same story, it just moved to another magazine.
>>
File: 1443186174401.png (82KB, 331x251px) Image search: [Google]
1443186174401.png
82KB, 331x251px
This is the first time in a while where a Trigun thread was made on /a/ asking for people's opinion on Trigun, and a majority of the responses about it being negative.

Usually its positive. In fact it always is.

I'm stunned. How times change. To each his own I suppose.
>>
>>145624094
It's decent. Nostalgia tends to overrate it a bit; it has its flaws.

I preferred it over Cowboy Bebop since it was more plot-driven.
>>
>>145624094
Nostalgiafag garbage. Re:Zero is better.
>>
>>145624094
Top 10 anime of all time.
>>
>>145649957
>Re:Zero is better.
>>
File: jHxCt58.gif (1020KB, 500x370px) Image search: [Google]
jHxCt58.gif
1020KB, 500x370px
>>145647713
Wrong. Cerebus syndrome is where a work starts off lighthearted and progressively gets darker, thus making the serious moments later on that much more impactful.

Like, you know, fucking Trigun.
>>
>>145651544
Don't get why they named it after a three headed beast.
>>
File: 1471042446994.jpg (47KB, 600x300px) Image search: [Google]
1471042446994.jpg
47KB, 600x300px
>No Madhouse remake that follows the original plotline all the way to the end.

I love the old Trigun but definitely want something new, especially if it could be in the great updated style of the movie.
Thread posts: 203
Thread images: 30

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.