[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Tengan Toppa Gurren Laggan

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 4

File: IyuE90U.jpg (770KB, 1601x900px) Image search: [Google]
IyuE90U.jpg
770KB, 1601x900px
This looks slightly familiar...
>>
Woah who'd of imaged that the referential mecha anime had a scene that resembled something else in a mecha anime.
TTGL is literally mecha gintama, this shouldn't be a surprise anon.
>>
>>145397453
Don't insult Gintama like that.
Gurren Lagann is literally Gainax cherry picking elements from 30 years of mecha anime and making an easily digestible and palletable piece of fast food for normies.

It's not a fucking tribute, or a reference. It's a shameless, heartless piece of ripoff trash.
>>
>>145397545
Ok dude I know the "it's popular so I hate it meme" runs pretty strong with TTGL but the show is pretty well executed and you'd be hard pressed to find a better celebration of the super robot genre.
>>
>>145397545
>normies
Kill yourself.
>>
File: 1460029034361.webm (2MB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
1460029034361.webm
2MB, 640x480px
>>145397545
>normies
I don't really like either so I'm pretty biased, but to be fair, the only way Zambot or anything else is getting remembered outside of SRW is if someone remakes it. Mecha anime, let alone anything from the 80s and older has a pretty high barrier to entry to most people. Even shows like the original Mobile suit Gundam which is arguably the most influential anime of all time isn't actually watched outside of a few communities a majority of people think "gundam" refers to any giant pilotable robot.
Yes it's shit that a ton of super robot staples are credited to TTGL, but there's really nothing anyone can do about it.
I mean just think about /a/ in general, a community that's dedicated to anime. I'd wager less than 5% have watched three or more non-gunam/macross mecha anime made before evangelion and even then that's an extremely biased group that are way more likely to have seen anything than the general anime viewer, let alone people who don't really watch that much anime.
>>
>>145397808
>celebration

Gurren Lagann isn't a celebration. It's a defilement. It robbed and pillaged and raped and sold everything it could to the most widespread audience is could.

Shin Mazinger is a better celebration to the genre.
Majestic Prince is a better celebration to the genre.
The Linebarrel manga despite being heavily fucking flawed is a better celebration.
>>
>>145397545
Hi clawshrimpy
>>
>>145399353

>Shin Mazinger
Yes, but you'd need to be invested in it.
>Majestic Prince
I like it, but no. They're very nearly equal, with majestic prince lagging
>Linebarrel
That's just facetious.

Besides, TTGL had a unique premise; it took the whole spirit will improve our morale and therefore make us fight better, and therefore we can do anything, and then thought what would the consequences be if we just went straight from A-D.

If anything, it bastardises the scifi genre which has done that a thousand times before in british scifi alone. Only reason I don't care is that it's one of the more decent bastards, like William the conqueror.
>>
File: 1409227424630.png (161KB, 472x599px) Image search: [Google]
1409227424630.png
161KB, 472x599px
>>145397545
>>145399353
Sometimes I wish I loved TTGL just to spite people like you
>>
>>145397545
>>145399353

It's fuckheads like you that ruin shows for everyone.

I bet you hated diebuster, too. Sometimes, a show is just meant to be enjoyable without all this "perceived deepness" and "rippoffs" you are projecting into it.

Really: GET THE FUCK OVER YOURSELF. I can tell you right now I have seen a shitload more anime than you have and TTGL is nowhere near as bad as shit like Mospeada or the second season of Gatchaman Crowds.
>>
>>145402588
Personally I loved TTGL but really disliked Diebuster. Maybe it's because when I first watched it I'd just seen Gunbuster almost immediately before it and that probably set the bar too high for me.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.