[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Re Zero

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 4

Wait a fucking minute

How do so many people hate the White Whale if they shouldn't even remember its victims? Wouldn't all memories and traces of the victims vanish from the world like they did with Rem? In that case, how does Wilhelm still remember his late wife? How can people be aware in the first place that the Whale has been killing for centuries?
>>
It could be that the white whale chooses if it just wants to eat the people or if it wants to erase their existence entirely. Did you see how smug that whale looked after it killed everyone but Subaru? It clearly just wanted to fuck with him. It probably knows more about subaru's situation than he does.
>>
>>145395563
What a cringe-y fucking scene
>>
>>145396022
That's interesting. Haven't really thought of that.

Could it be that the Hakugei also intentionally let Subaru be the only one to remember Rem, since it's a bit suspicious that he was unaffected by a reality-altering ability? That's kind of a dick thing to do.
>>
>>145395563
just fucking wait for a couple episodes will ya
>>
File: 1456345748867.png (571KB, 800x640px) Image search: [Google]
1456345748867.png
571KB, 800x640px
It's just convenient writing.
Just like how Subaru can't talk about his return by death power.
Just like how Reinhard is the strongest thing ever but isn't ever around.
And now this whale bullshit.

The author fills plot holes with convenient writing, that's all.
And people eat this shit and call it AOTY. Fuck you retards.
>>
Pretty sure the fog is what ereases people and if he kills you by any other means you are just a normal corpse
>>
>>145398459

Still better than your usual cute girl shit
>>
File: outback.png (96KB, 441x413px) Image search: [Google]
outback.png
96KB, 441x413px
>>145398459
It's not really convenient though, because there was no burden on the writer to ever introduce the whole Rem-erasing thing in the first place. Like, why even put that in if you're just going to later conveniently write around it? It didn't really add anything to the story, just confused the audience. I'm guessing it's going to get explained and clarified later...
But another thing to keep in mind is that Rem's existence wasn't erased for everyone: Subaru still remembered her.
>>
>>145395563
Depends on how you are killed, it doesn't necessarily erase you, it can just kill you.
>>
>>145398459
Or maybe a certain anon is too retarted to understand that being eaten and being killed are not necessarily the same.
>>
>>145398459
You being retarded doesn't make it convenient writing, anon.
>>
>>145395563
Being erased and being killed are two different things. I believe the related people there ended up getting killed in one of the expeditions like Thearesia. Also, when you get erased by the mist, the world forgets you but it lingers like a shadow that, "someone was here, but I have no clue who they were". Hence, the "unnamed". The world forgets, but not Subaru as he's part of the world, I don't know about Al.
>>
>>145399151
But also, Subaru remembers since I'm pretty sure he's not part of the world.
>>
>>145398459
You can't just call every plot point "convenient writing." The white whale has yet to be fully explained and Subaru's inability to tell people is a mechanism that satella needs to keep Subaru in check. It would be retarded if she didn't. its fine to dislike shows but stop justifying why you dont like something with muh plotholes. Only very rarely does this actually happen for any decent anime/story/show really.
>>
White Whale erased one's existence with its fog (two kinds of fog, one is normal, one is existence erasing + mental corruption)
>>
>>145399470
did you read this after writing it? it just sounds so dumb and lame, i really hope that's not the canon explanation.
>>
File: 1468169248992.jpg (73KB, 1440x810px) Image search: [Google]
1468169248992.jpg
73KB, 1440x810px
>>145398737
And he also can see the unseen hand
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.