[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Summer 10 years ago vs now:

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

File: anime summer 2006.png (1MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
anime summer 2006.png
1MB, 1920x1080px
Do you think 2016 summer line up is better than 10 years ago?
>>
>>145253810
I only watched Angelique, Tonagura, Welcome to the NHK, and Zero no Tsukaima when it aired, so I can't really comment about it. Watched Kujibiki Unbalance later, after Genshiken II.

So-far, I have having fun with this season too.

Yes, Angelique was a mistake, but I don't drop series.
>>
FLAG's ending made me feel really bad.
>>
>>145253810

2006 :
Kemonozume 9/10
Flag 9/10
Honey and Clover 8/10
Chavalier D'éon 7/10
NHK ni Youkoso 7/10

2016 :
91 Days 7~8/10
Mob Psycho 7~8/10

2006 was clearly better. But the neo m/a/l who watches only from 2011/Steins Gate/Madoka/ onward wouldn't agree.
>>
>2006 was clearly better. But the neo m/a/l who watches only from 2011/Steins Gate/Madoka/ onward wouldn't agree.

You sound like a jaded old fuck. Go back to your home gramps.
>>
>>145255201
I'd add Orange, Amanchu and Amaama to Inazuma in 2016 to be fair.
>>
>>145255201
>neo m/a/l
>he says while posting his mal ratings
>>
>>145255298
>>neo m/a/l
>gramps
Christ, shut up.
>>
>>145255201
>Flag 9/10
>Chavalier D'éon 7/10
Proof that being old makes a show good in the eyes of retards.
>>
>>145253810
Only watched ramen fighter miki, was fun but not great
>>
>>145255298
>>145255548
>>145255614

You sound like you felt targeted. There's nothing wrong with ignoring pre-K-On stuff. You may have missed some good entertainment, but It's just anime.
Otherwise, you can always answer OP.
>>
>>145253810
From summer 2006, I've only seen Welcome to the NHK and Zero no Tsukaima.
NHK was good, ZnT was not so good.

From summer 2016, I've only seen New Game and Love Live Sunshine.
Both of these are very enjoyable.

But hard to say what's superior. I guess NHK may have more artistic merit than what I'm watching from this summer.
But I also know that I'm not watching everything good enough from 2016.

Considering what I've heard and what I feel, I think Kemonosume is also supposed to be good. And parts of Bokura ga Ita.
So overall, based on guesses and rumors, 2006 may have slightly higher artistic merit, but 2016 is far superior in overall good stuff to watch, and if you watch anime for fun, it'd be the superior year. Only considering summer.

An overall critique of the standard way of measuring quality of seasons may be that it's biased in favour of more recent stuff. It may not apply very much to a year as recent as 2006, but when you go further back, the industry was more based around longer anime, so a season with nothing good that's new, may still have a decent output of quality content for an anime fan to watch. The current standard for measuring quality of seasons may also ignore OVAs, or give them too high weight, due to their irregular release schedules. So while the model may be useful for comparing quality of seasons of the past 15 years or so, when you start to get further back in time, you may end up with one of the most enjoyable seasons to live through, by our modern objective standard, being considered shit, despite it's good output of quality anime.
>>
NHK is 10 years old.

:(
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.