[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Goku is an alien but he forgot Am I the only one that thinks

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 6

>Goku is an alien but he forgot

Am I the only one that thinks Goku's origin is fucking stupid?
>>
Almost everything in Dragon Ball is stupid as fuck.
>>
Anime was a mistake.
>>
He's a baby how would he remember

There's lots of weird mutant creatures on earth it's easy to just ignore the tail as a sign
>>
>>145249491
Obviously that's not why he'd remember, it's because he hit his head. Why wouldn't an infant remember everything?

In all honesty a baby would have probably remembered Launch
>>
>>145251160
the hit on his head just made him forget hes biologically programed for destruction, not that he's an alien.
>>
>>145251451
Biologically programmed? I feel like this changes every time.

First he was sent as an infant with a mission to destroy earth, then his dad, who is apparently a hero now, instead wanted goku to grow up to be a hero, and most recently goku didn't even leave vegeta until he was 3, but in the end it's dragon ball so I'm really asking for a lot
>>
File: HAHAHAHAHA.jpg (140KB, 702x672px) Image search: [Google]
HAHAHAHAHA.jpg
140KB, 702x672px
>>145248567
>>145248567
>>145248567
>>145248567
>home planet exploded
>sent to earth
>found and raised by human
>grows up to be kind
>can fly and shoots beams from body parts
>later on aliens come to Earth to fight, that are the same race as him

WOW

WHAT A COINCIDENCE

HOW ORIGINAL!
>>
>>145251451
>>145251547
doesn't really matter. either way he just grows up as superman who wants to protect humans anyway
>>
File: astro boy vs satan.jpg (97KB, 630x420px) Image search: [Google]
astro boy vs satan.jpg
97KB, 630x420px
Astroboy>Goku
>>
File: 1469823053741.jpg (321KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1469823053741.jpg
321KB, 1280x720px
>>145251547
Jesus fucking christ I hate Toriyama for that stupid manga about Goku origins
>Bardock is a hero
>Bardock is the only saiyan to get married, care about his kids.
>Bardock is married to the only good saiyan who does not like fighting
>Hurr durr fuck it lets just make Goku superman.
Fuck that shit, Goku originally being the son of a villain and being sent to earth to destroy it was so much better than we shall find you Kal-El.
>>
>>145251690
delete this
>>
>>145252025
Go back to /v/ with that terrible meme.
>>
Z and later was a mistake. Everything is canon until before the Saiyan saga.
>>
>>145252183
Nah I prefer Goku achieving the legendary form, beating the ultimate evil and dying on namek ending.
>>
>>145251690
Toriyama was just inspired by it
>>
Current canon It's pretty much the same history just that Goku got sent older, Bardock got a qt3.14 Wife and wasn't all that edgy nor got any future sight powers and sent Goku away himself to eventually go get him but got REKT by Freeza anyway.

Also we got cute kid Saiyan armor Goku and kid Raditz with kid Vegeta on missions.

It's a shame we didn't get young nappa.
>>
>>145248567
It's pretty much Superman with a little twist.
>>
File: 1469581456360.gif (261KB, 384x256px) Image search: [Google]
1469581456360.gif
261KB, 384x256px
>>145251950
>>Bardock is a hero

He never was.

>>Bardock is the only saiyan to get married, care about his kids.

He never married, he just simply gravitated more towards Gine.

>>Bardock is married to the only good saiyan who does not like fighting

There are more passive Saiyans aside of Gine

>>Hurr durr fuck it lets just make Goku superman

Becauae he's totally Superman, oh yeah.

Saiyans still kill, invade planets, have a warrior culture and are overall assholes.

You're just mad Bardock's little story is not a exact carbon/copy of the Toei fanfic.
>>
>>145251690
That's literally the only correlation between Goku and Superman.

They weren't even sent to Earth for the sake reasons.
>>
File: 1442494121662.jpg (16KB, 400x300px) Image search: [Google]
1442494121662.jpg
16KB, 400x300px
>>145251690
>Cosmic Armor Superman is still stronger than Goku
>Mr. Mxzyptlk is stronger than Beerus
>>
>>145252725
>They weren't even sent to Earth for the sake reasons.
They are in the new canon, Gine and bardock sent off Kid or older toddler Goku in full saiyan armor to a random planet saying it is not safe and they would find him some day.
>>
Was Goku originally an alien or did they only introduce it for Z? I know DB was inspired/based on Journey to the West but how far did they copy?
>>
>>145253175
Goku was probably not intended to be an alien, no. Toriyama probably just thought it'd spice up the story if he was.
>>
>>145253175
I say he got the alien origin idea around the Piccolo Daimao arc when Goku himself says that maybe he ain't human but saved the origin arc for later.

And Piccolo/Kami got probably alien'd in the budokai tenkaichi when they started speaking namek.
>>
You bored mofos again comparing character that has gone through more changes and authors than asians have gone through plastic surgery since it was invented to one that hasn't.Well the previous sentence was an obvious exaggeration but you can still probably pick a different superman for every day of the year.
>>
>>145253175
>>145253469
I remember the narrator called King Piccolo an alien when he was first introduced but that was really it

Honestly this feels more like an attempt to make Dragon Ball its own thing as opposed to a remake of Journey to the West, which it never was to begin with, but when has Toriyama ever done anything that made sense?
>>
>>145253072
Well in my own head cannon the TV special is canon, not Minus. Lol. Toriyama sometimes doesn't know when to just leave things alone.
>>
>>145254780
I wish the special was canon too anon, I really do but Toriyama is the writer and I would be betraying my own points on a few other series by not sticking by the original creator.
>>
>>145251690
>sent to earth
>home planet exploded
Fixed
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.