[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Re:zero conflict?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 8

File: Natsuki_Subaru_Character_Art.png (104KB, 440x360px) Image search: [Google]
Natsuki_Subaru_Character_Art.png
104KB, 440x360px
So I decided to start watching this after seeing so many threads on the front page and after hearing from other people that it isn't typical isekai wish fufillment. First episode this subary guy gets rescued by a cute girl, so my bullshit sensors are already lighting up, maybey I'm jumping the gun but I've seen this pattern happen to many times to let it go.
And While im sure im going to get hit with a chorus of "it will get better later" my gut feeling is making suspect something, that what I and fans of this series consider struggle is different. So I want to know what is it that you guys consider struggle and conflict?
Or rather give me examples of characters from other anime/manga that struggle as much or close to what this mc allegedly does later in the story.
>>
You didn't watch re:zero the first time. You are a fag trying to get rise out of people by posting this terrible bait.

I honestly hope you get cancer and die a slow death.
>>
>>145140433
RE: Zero is the epitome of pretentiousness writing. It's obnoxiously bad and I think even the "fans" of it know, they just wanna waifufag. Which is fine, but saying the anime is good is kinda laughable at this point.
>>
>>145140478
I've seen the first episode
>>
File: Descent2.jpg (364KB, 481x1620px) Image search: [Google]
Descent2.jpg
364KB, 481x1620px
>>145140868
This is your MC
>>
OP you must either be new or retarded. Because someone with a shred of taste and common sense immediately knows rezero is your typical LN garbage just by reading the synopsis and seeing the art. People who are praising this trash are the same people that were hyping sao,
>>
File: 1464010415872.jpg (192KB, 774x692px) Image search: [Google]
1464010415872.jpg
192KB, 774x692px
>>145140606
>>
>>145140433
>gets rescued by a cute girl,
Falling in the same trap the retarded MC fell.

That's interesting, considering you sound like a smart person.
>>
File: Mimi likes.gif (867KB, 480x336px) Image search: [Google]
Mimi likes.gif
867KB, 480x336px
>>145140606
> Pretentiousness
It's laughable what contrarians are now saying. I wanna mock you further at this point.
>>145141193
I feel like mocking you too. Here, have a (You).
>>
>>145140433
Just watch the show.

Struggle is being beaten down and humiliated over and over again, dealing with PTSD, and finally admitting what a piece of shit you are before being reminded that you don't have to be that person if you just bothered getting help.
>>
The reason the first episode is dual length is because it starts so generically, the producers wanted to throw in the first major genre-defying action in that part B.

Instead of making a bait thread you could have just kept watching.
>>
>>145140868
Have you seen part 2 of the first episode where the main character gets disemboweled?
>>
>>145140433
Just watch the show? It seems like you're already going in with a negative mindset and are looking for reasons to hate it.
>>
>>145141285
>considering you sound like a smart person.
He literally just made a thread asking what his opinion should be
He's as dumb as a brick and if he keeps watching he'll join the people who just shitpost about how people like it for no reason, not understanding anything about why people like it.
>>
>>
I was kind of hoping OP would say something else but whatever.
>>
I picked it up the other day after dismissing it as generic LN trash last season.
Only after seeing literally 4 threads at a time every day either shitting on it or sucking it off I decided to check it out and honestly, it's not that bad.
It's got some solid character interactions which seem fresh even after time loops, it's not poorly drawn or animated and the character designs are pretty good.
That being said the pacing is tiresome, main girl is as bland as cardboard and the MC is always spouting the same "I'm a NEET in a fantasy world" jokes that we have heard for years.
It's a solid 6 so far, maybe a 7 if it gets better, I'm not fully caught up yet and Iv heard it dose
>>
>>145143348
Where u at right now, senpai?
>>
>>145143432
Only episode 6
Any spoilerwills be written off as timeloops.
My main issue is it's taken this far for something interesting to happen. 6 episodes is a quarter season without any real progression
>>
>>145140433
Later on, due to him being shit on, he goes "insane" for a short time. then it gets WORSE. \
Also his Wifu calls him out on bullshit.
>>
I dropped it at EP 7, not because it was decent until that point but because I wanted to give it a chance despite suggesting to have all the ingredients for a literal turd of an anime since the beginning. It's bad OP, don't bother.

The only people who like this shit are /a/ faggots, literally the board with the shittest taste on 4chan (No joking), it shouldn't come as a surprise to you.
>>
File: 1470191057159.webm (719KB, 640x800px) Image search: [Google]
1470191057159.webm
719KB, 640x800px
>>145141193
https://youtu.be/kDQcqNMflpI

Re:Zero isn't bad. But I understand that like SAO, it is turning out to be popular, so no-one cool can admit to liking it.
>>
>>145143568
I would say there is significant progression in every part of the second arc, which you'll be in until episode 11 or 12 I think. It focuses a lot on Subaru's relationships with the maids and how much the loops are starting to affect his emotional well being. Emilia turns it up a notch in episode 13 and paints her previous interactions with Subaru in a different light.
>>
>>145143904
I'm going to be stuck at the manor for another 6 episodes??? Well at least things are happening now.
the maids are by far the best part so far, which I assume is the general opinion seeing as all the doujins and stuff
>>
The fact that Subaru constantly struggles and fails is what makes it realistic, I suppose. There's no magical training montage that solves all his problems. And the whole point of the show is that his problem is personal and very fundamental, he is a dysfunctional person who can't be genuine in his actions because he is maladjusted as fuck. That's a truly tough fix.
>>
>>145140868
The first episode has two parts. Did you watch the entire thing? The hook is pretty good imo.
>>
>>145144305
His approach to the situations revolving his death loops are very well done and seem logical, much better than say "erased' where he just ignores everything and follows the same timeline expecting shit to get done
>>
>>145144168
Yup, you're stuck there for a while. I like it for how it highlights just how out of his depth Subaru is. In the first arc, the opponent was clear, people trusted him enough to work together, and he just had to fast enough to kick a table for the extent of his contributions. Now, people are more skeptical of him, there are multiple causes of death that he starts out in dark over, and he's too weak to be anything other than deadweight in conflict most of the time. So he's set back a lot more.
>>
>>145144699
I'm just worried that the slice of life ish daytime stuff will get boring or stay the same, for 3 episodes it's not too hard to keep fresh but for another 6?
Either way I'm looking forward to finishing work and hitting the next one. it dose have that "I need to watch the next episode" feeling, which Iv been missing for a while. probably due to the mystery, there hasn't been a good grippy one for a while, even if it's not amazing.
>>
>>145145032
Arc 2 is definitely slower but if you're looking for the wild ride arc 3 is looking to provide that.

I know a lot of people on /a/ would disagree with that description, but the last 4 episodes had threads exploding everywhere. Fuck, 18 was a downtime episode and there were over 30 threads in the catalogue.
>>
File: 1468568273089.jpg (243KB, 708x720px) Image search: [Google]
1468568273089.jpg
243KB, 708x720px
>>145145370
>18 was a downtime episode
>>
>>145145616
It was bittersweet iyashikei, for the Subaru at least
>>
>>145145616
It's an important episode about Subaru and Rem, but it isn't the bombastic opera that was 15.

The episode is two people talking back and forth. It's great, but it's also about reconciliation and is thus lighter than what we were getting.

All relative I guess.
>>
>>145141334
>>145141395
>>145144305
>>145144426
I've seen overlord fags talk with the same kind of conviction back when that was airing, so forgive me if I'm skeptical
I'd just like to know what mc from other series you consider to have a comparable struggle.
>>
>>145145985
Overlord is genuinely the worst show I have ever finished, I had the same scepticism going into this but I'm enjoying it enough to warrant the watch.
Just give the first few episodes a try to see.
Kind of missing out on the /a/ experience by missing it, even if you hate it. Kinda like berserk
>>
>>145145985
A comparable struggle? Well, the majority are comparing him to Kaneki and Guts.
>>
>>145145985
Well I wouldn't say Overlord is comparable since it's much lighter and his physical confrontations aren't really meant to be a struggle. It's also not nearly as good.

That guy in the video above made a good point. Some authors think trying isn't cool, Re:Zero is all about try, try, try, try, try again.

You ever watch Prison School? Tonally it's a completely different show, but it can also be easily written off with one glance at its art and premise. But the struggle is real and you cannot avert your eyes no matter what humiliation is endured.
>>
File: 1468072272016.jpg (111KB, 612x612px) Image search: [Google]
1468072272016.jpg
111KB, 612x612px
>>145145985
https://a.uguu.se/VPn7YFedX5Fp_STANDING.webm
>>
>>145140433
Why are you so pretentious in your self-hatred?
Thread posts: 39
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.