[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Slowpoke here, just finished this. I don't know how I feel.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 6

File: Charlotte_key[1].jpg (61KB, 300x416px) Image search: [Google]
Charlotte_key[1].jpg
61KB, 300x416px
Slowpoke here, just finished this.

I don't know how I feel. A lot of the plot points were pretty fucked, and it basically turned into a poor man's darker than black.

The feels are still hitting me from that last episode though. Should have expected this from the same people who made angel beats.

What did you guys think?
>>
I didn't like it, pacing and writing went to hell towards the end because of mediocre episodic stories early on.
None of the characters were interesting, only the main girl was hot.

But I don't like anything Key or made by Key people, so there's that.
>>
File: 1451573108449.jpg (1MB, 1442x1749px) Image search: [Google]
1451573108449.jpg
1MB, 1442x1749px
Flawed as hell and the pacing was messed up after time travel, but I still enjoyed the fuck out of it. If the show was two cours long to fix the pacing and better explain events then it would have been some really amazing.

Also, Nao is love.
>>
>>145085840
It had problems, a lot even, and a couple of really dumb parts. Even almost dropped it at some point.
As always with 13 episode KEY series, the ending was too rushed, this should have been a 22 episode series.
That said, the end episodes kind of hit me, to see him keep on doing what he needs to do even on the brink of madness, and after forgetting why he even does what he does.

This could be a much better series. too bad.
>>
IT'S SSSHHHHHHIIIIIITTTTTT
>>
I liked the comedy and the main girl was good. Everything else was meh.
>>
I'd rather eat buffalo shit than watch this shitty anime any longer
>>
File: 56484884945.png (396KB, 439x500px) Image search: [Google]
56484884945.png
396KB, 439x500px
I'm almost happy it wasn't paced better or the end feel would have been too much.

Also I didn't give a fuck about any of the characters besides MC and main girl.
I hate how much attention went to that dumb pop star cunt and her uninteresting backstory.
>>
>>145086206
Main character was good
Nao was OLEV
i needed nothing else.
>>
>>145085840
9/10 up to episode 9 (OVA included). Drops to 6.5/10 after episode 9, but mind of steel Grim Resper Yuu is awesome. Shame there wasn't enough time to dedicated an entire arc of Yuu's mission all iver the world and his descent to madness and deranged power trip. At least Nao was perfect throughout the show.
>>
It was ultimately entertaining so it was worthwhile. I think the only reason it gets trashed is because it had way more potential.
>>
>>145086303
over*
>>
File: _______1_by_tasselcat-d7ohpyn.png (345KB, 700x569px) Image search: [Google]
_______1_by_tasselcat-d7ohpyn.png
345KB, 700x569px
>>145085840
OP I just finished this too.
The pacing was ridiculous especially in the first half. Instead of being episodic some of the arcs should have been around 2-3 episodes. It being 1cour didn't help. Yu's personality did a 180 from episode 1 to 2.
The final episode was also ridiculous but I liked it because Nao was such a qt and am happy for her.
Overall while it had some major flaws I liked it for Nao and that OP music.
>>
Reminds me of Angel Beats. Good first half, but then they rush the fuck in the second half with a shitty half assed ending. Should have been 2 cour.
>>
Nao made this show bearable. Best girl.
>>
>>145086334
You forgot:
>Reaper*
>dedicate*
I got it, so no worries.
>>
File: 1378073905821.jpg (22KB, 330x293px) Image search: [Google]
1378073905821.jpg
22KB, 330x293px
The last episode was a joke and completely ruined what happened to be a decent show.

It was so cliche and corny I fucking puked.
>>
>>145085840
Nao is perfect. Too bad we'll never get another character like her.
>>
>>145086234
OLEV?
Only legally eligible vagina?
>>
>>145086206
Yusarin singlehandedly prevented the show from being amazing. She was dumb and uninteresting but forced into the show to promote Maaya Uchida's singing career. If so much time wasn't wasted on her then the pacing could have been optimized. The anime didn't need 2 cours, it needed to trim the fat.
>>
I liked it. I didn't expect it to be anything special and assumed I would drop it after a couple of episodes. Instead, I was pleasantly surprised.
>>
Would you guys play a Charlotte VN?

>>145085840
If the last episode was stretched out into another season it could have been decent.
>>
>>145086473
lurk moar
in this case, a whole lot moar
>>
It was shit. Even your average LN adaptation has better pacing.

Still, watching episode 7 with /a/ was one of the most hilarious experiences ever. I also happened to like the episode with Sawashiro (who turned out to be of no fucking consequence) and the original timeline episode. I also liked the pacing of the last episode, even if it should have been developed over a whole cour.

The rest is absolute trash.
>>
>>145086529
>Both Sara and Iwasawa voiced by Sawashiro
That episode reminded me alot of Angel Beat
>>
Why did those girls beat up Nap again?
>>
>>145085840
The anime had some hilarious comedy and that alone makes me rewatch the show on occasions. Plus, the main girl and MC's interactions are adorable as two big tsundere that fights all the time but is the kind that gets along well.
>>
Key is kill with Maeda dying and Hinoue Itaru drinking her life away.
http://jin115.com/archives/52130117.html
http://jin115.com/archives/52096940.html
>>
>>145086722
Finally
>>
>>145085840
I really didn't like this show, my two favorite episodes were the first one, and the one where he almost stabs a kid in the eye. They really shouldn't have opened with the main character mind jacking trucks to almost pull a Nice. It really made me expect something it wasn't. I expected some weird mix of Code Geass and a story about a RomCom. Instead I got japanese xmen and the power of bravery.
>>
>>145086665
i dunno.
I also don't know why Sala was blind.
>>
Angel Beats and Charlotte had great potential, but barely reached half of their potential due to pacing and rushed ending issues. Why is that? You'd think Key would be rich enough to be able to produce two cours anime.
>>
I don't remember how it ended and none of the characters connected to me
>>
>>145086847
Maeda thinks he can make tightly written stories that can be contained in a short amount of time. He doesn't realize that as a VN writer, he has no skills for that whatsoever.
>>
The final episode should have been at least double the time
>>
>>145085840
i remember watching it expecting basically nothing because the setting is dead at this point but when this plottwist on this concert happened i thought it was almost clever.
it's not my favourite by far, but i can appreiciate that it tried abit more stuff then most other shows.
the last epsiode was weird as fuck though with its passing
>>
This guy.
>>
I always enjoy Maeda's characterization. I feel like that's his strong point. >>145087154 in particular was a really fun character
His plots are shit, but for some reason I always get back onto Maeda's wild ride.
>>
Reminder that Nao got raped by big chinese dude
>>
So once MC gets out of adolescence, does he regain his memories since the powers go away?
>>
>>145085840
wait for the VN in 5 year more like angel beats
>>
>>145087440
He lost his memory to magic clannAIDS. Stealing all the powers supposedly overloaded his brain. It's gone for good.
>>
The best part of the show was the initial episodes imo. It should have stayed an episodic comedy then try to be dramatic. If most of the episodes were them going around capturing ability wielders I think the show would be GOAT

Also the assholery of the MC in the first couple episodes was great.

All in all the show got a lot worse when the big brother came up and only dropped further when those shitty foreigners came

Nao is voiced by one of my favorite actors so that's a plus
Thread posts: 43
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.