[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do you deal with the soul crushing realization that you

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 2

File: オプティマス.jpg (38KB, 637x330px) Image search: [Google]
オプティマス.jpg
38KB, 637x330px
How do you deal with the soul crushing realization that you will never grow up as a young Japanese boy and learn the fundamentals of life by optimusu primu every day after school?

youtube.com/watch?v=9ODtsNMNJXk
>>
>It's "things that actually never happened in the show itself" opening
>>
>>145034141
All of those things can happen if you just believe in your heart and Transform!
>>
I thought he was called Convoy in Japan
>>
Blur getting crushed horribly was extremely mean.
>>
>>145034589
Blame Bayformers for the change.
>>
>>145034003
Dropped this ages ago when They revealed the loli was a transformer.
>>
>>145037028
So you dropped it nearly at the end?
>>
>>145038074
Pretty much, I have no idea how it ended and I didn't care because I'm not going to watch a show with a fake loli.
>>
I want another Transformers anime.

Sure, the Unicron Trilogy had some severe budget and scheduling issues (which made their dubs near-unwatchable), I still enjoyed them. I'd love another pseudo-super robot show like Galaxy Force again.

Hell, Galaxy Force is pretty much what got me back into everything I'm into now. Back into toys, back into TF, back into anime, back into online communities. Man, my life could have been very different if I never got into it.
>>
>>145034003
Animated OP is the best.
>amazing song
>great animation, beating anything in the show
>features all the characters
>FULL OF LIES
>knowingly full of lies (as the US run was complete by the time they dubbed it)
>>
>>145038169
Was that the one where that one transformer and earth girl were shipped so heavily together? Wasn't it Starscream as I can barely remember.
>>
>>145038341
That specifically was Armada/Micron Legend.

And yeah, it was Starscream. It was pretty much the only good arc and character development in that series.

https://youtu.be/bxL8hQ0jwyg?t=1m22s
>>
>>145038567
I imagine sentient robots are a bit of a novelty in Japan given that piloted mecha are so predominant.

Although from everything I've heard, Transformers is generally aimed at a much younger audience in Japan as sentient robots have a "kiddie" image. I don't have evidence for that, but I've always heard it. It's also a bit ironic that Japan is also the source of the high-end Transformer toys too. The brand has a pretty polar split over there compared with being seen as a little bit more "all-ages" here.
>>
>>145038442
>only good arc and character development in that series.

Damn, didn't Starscream get revived later and try to become some kinda robo god.
>>
>>145039071
Yeah, in the sequel series, he got revived as basically a mindwiped hyper-loyal type.

Energon/Super Link was really bad at setting up cool character arcs where they reset to a new more-boring status quo after the climax. At least 4 characters had cool and emotional arcs that resulted in a really well-done death. Then they are quickly revived in a new body with no consequences, and go on to do nothing at best, become joke characters at worst.
>>
>>145034003
I fucking love this opening.

Transformers Animated was great.
>>
>>145034003
>Wakamoto Megatron
Best Japanese dub
>>
>>145034003
You win this round for localized OPs nips.
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=gfjAbXrvkFw
>>
>>145038169

I watched all of Armada and liked it.

Then I dropped it early on in Energon because shit wasn't making sense for me with all the changes, plus the destroyed character development for Megatron, Starscream, and the goofy redeemed decepticons. Also CGI

And from what I understand, the one after that was a completely different setting.
>>
>>145041344
The third series is complicated. In Japan, they made it as a clean break from the previous series, with the odd bit of a throwback to the previous two.

When they dubbed it, they tied their best to dub it into continuity. Eventually Japan decided it was in continuity too, but nothing in the show itself changed.
>>
Speaking of transformers, I vaguely remember a couple of shows before Armada came out.

One with a hilarious shark transformer villain and a Megatron that had multiple forms including a two headed dragon.

One where EVERYONE was dinosaurs, it was CGI I believe. (Not the one with Gorilla Optimus and T-Rex Megatron, this one had a big silver and red T-Rex Optimus)
>>
>>145041644
>One with a hilarious shark transformer villain and a Megatron that had multiple forms including a two headed dragon.
This is Car Robots in Japan, Robots in Disguise elsewhere. (note RID has been used a number of times since, for an unrelated cartoon and another unrelated comic series, although the shark, Sky-Byte did appear in the latter)

>One where EVERYONE was dinosaurs, it was CGI I believe. (Not the one with Gorilla Optimus and T-Rex Megatron, this one had a big silver and red T-Rex Optimus)

I'm not sure what this is. Maybe one of the Rescue Bots seasons? I heard they introduced dinos eventually. When did you see this? I'm pretty curious now.
>>
>>145041644
Beast Wars?
>>
>>145041816

I'm not sure, All I remember is that all autobots were some form of dinosaur, there was a friendly cast of humans (probably teens), and Optimus was a T-Rex.

I'm gonna throw some stuff I'm not completely sure about into the air

>Probably watched it after RiD
>There was a triceratops robot that turned its horns into dual-wielding swords
>Optimus turned his T-Rex tail into a sword

Honestly there's a chance that it might be a compeltely different show but the dub turned it into transformers (mexican dub)

>>145042129

No, that one had the autobots as mammals, in this one they were dinosaurs and in modern day Earth. I believe some characters were hidden as fossils
>>
>>145042285
Huh, I know my Transformers pretty well and I'm 99% sure that's something else dubbed as TF.
>>
File: dinozaurs-the-series-3773.jpg (35KB, 300x387px) Image search: [Google]
dinozaurs-the-series-3773.jpg
35KB, 300x387px
>>145042285
Looks like that was probably Dinozaurs.
>>
>>145042386

I followed the trail of the triceratops robot on google and finally found it. Indeed it wasn't transformers, just my memoty playing tricks on me.

Oh god, the CGI is much, MUCH worse than I remembered, and that intro...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QmhnxB9aY1c
>>
>>145034003
i;m sorry but optimus prime died in the middle of the cybertronian war. ultra magnus took his place and rodiumus prime after that.
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.