[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is it me or is there a lot more memesubbing in the 'official'

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

Is it me or is there a lot more memesubbing in the 'official' subs this season than usual? How is this acceptable?
>>
>>
>>144981167

Lack of competition and passion drives quality down eventually.

It's the future anyone who supported CR/Funi chose.
>>
>>144981167
This is what happens when you let retards that think they're funnier than the actual writers of the show do localization. Same shit happens with video games.
>>
>>144981167
What did she actually say in that scene?
>>
>>144981167
How would you translate 「うける」 as an exclamation?
>>
>>144982047
She said うける (ukeru) which literally means "to receive" or "to accept" but the context in this scene is that the word うける is colloquially used as a sarcastic exclamation when finding something to be unintentionally funny, and is in particular associated with bitchy teenager lingo, which is why Kouhei was surprised that his preschooler daughter was using the word.

There is no way to translate it to English in a literal way without losing all meaning and context in the process, so I don't really know what the OP is complaining about.
>>
>>144983771
They could use a TL note.
>>
>>144983771
ROFL sure as hell isn't an appropriate translation as well since that's mostly a written term, the only ones actually using it in real life are people that spent too much time on the internet, not some high school girls.

>>144983506
That's hilarious + a translation note could have done the job.
>>
Dammit why am i such a weak shit to these stories, seeing him remember his wife and how happy his daughter looked eating rice got me.
>>
>>144983887
Translation notes are for autistic faggots. If you want to learn Japanese then learn it and watch without subs, otherwise stop being such a huge literal fucking non-ironic weeaboo.
>>
>>144984155
I watch without subs, but seeing screens like >>144981167 still pisses me off.
Even 'That's fucking hilarious' would've been a better translation.
A fucking translator should be able to find a good solution, not a internet-only term.
>>
>>144983771
>>144983887

Would LOL have worked better? I've hear plenty of dumbshit kids use LOL out loud in everyday speech and it would have conveyed the same contextual point.
>>
>>144984155
>translations are allowed to be shit because people should just learn the language
You know how fucking retarded you sound right?
>>
>>144984365
I said translation NOTES are for autistic faggots, you illiterate dipshit.
>>
>>144983887
I wouldn't put it past some highschool girls to use ROFL in real life.
It's rather something I'd associate with juveniles who spend a lot of time on social networks or texting each other than nerds without a life
>>
>>144984333
No because you'd still have OP making a thread about "memesubbing".
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.