[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Feel old /a/nons

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 8

File: image.jpg (1MB, 2048x2048px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1MB, 2048x2048px
>Guilty Crown was 5 years ago
It feels like it was only a couple years ago that I watched this shitshow go down with /a/
>>
>Aldnoah Zero was 2 years ago
Time sure flies when you're not watching complete shit.
>>
>>144786591
Damn has it really been two years since that masterpiece came out?
It's been so long since I've actually watched a show with /a/
>>
>>144786786
>It's been so long since I've actually watched a show with /a/
Same here.
>>
File: 1469482156579.jpg (81KB, 1200x675px) Image search: [Google]
1469482156579.jpg
81KB, 1200x675px
Guilty crown is good
>>
>>144786812
I swear the threads were some of the best parts of watching half of the decent shows and the only good thing about the shit shows. I'm just glad this place has stayed the same for the most part over the years.
>>
>>144787023
re zero is basically the guilty crown of our era, people are hyped because it seems like a good anime in a sea of shit but months later when it ends people will recognize that it's shit
>>
>>144786509

It was basically the show that made me realize that whenever Aniplex pulls together a bunch of "stellar talents" from other recent hits to do some kind of ultimate genre show it means it's going to fucking suck.

Guilty Crown->Valvrave->Aldnoah->Kabaneri=Haifuri->Qualidea Code (?)

>>144786812

Considering /a/ doesn't really watch shows and just argues constantly nowadays I wouldn't go expecting to have that sort of experience again anytime soon. If you post something about a show some shitposter is just going to reply to you within a few minutes telling you have shit taste and to fuck off to reddit. There's never going to be an experience like say Code Geass ever again.
>>
File: 1433016373093.jpg (133KB, 425x419px)
1433016373093.jpg
133KB, 425x419px
>>144787185
>Haifuri
>Qualidea Code
>>
>>144787134
Guilty Crown was not shit, fight me
>>
>>144787185

I feel like something is missing inbetween Guilty Crown (2011) and Valvrave (2013). Did 2012 really not have one of these? No wonder it felt like one of the better years from this decade so far.
>>
File: why_oh_god.png (228KB, 950x476px) Image search: [Google]
why_oh_god.png
228KB, 950x476px
I dropped this crap after like five episodes. I didn't think it was even possible to make an MC that is whinier than Shinji.
>>
>>144786509
Feel old? Slam Dunk (anime I grew up watching) first streamed in 1993... That's 23 years ago.
>>
>>144787235

Trainwreck originals by Aniplex with popular staff thrown together solely because they are coming off of a recent hit within the last year or two.

>>144787134

Re:Zero isn't an anime original. Not really the same kind of idea. Re:Zero clearly has one unifying purpose and vision which is to adapt and promote the source Light Novel for Kadokawa. Shows like Guilty Crown were made to promote the separate and disparate interests of noitaminA, FujiTV, Aniplex, Wit Studio (or what would eventually become Wit Studio), Sony Music Records and Dentsu Advertising Concern. Basically almost as a rule the more production committee members a show has that aren't under the same umbrella the more likely it is to be pulled in all kinds of different directions and fall apart at the seams. It's really no wonder Guilty Crown felt like it was launching off in a completely different direction every couple of episodes because it probably needed to try to please so many different production committee members and just couldn't do it while maintaining the pretense of being a coherent linear narrative. Also Ichiro Okouchi and Hiroyuki Yoshino are really REALLY fucking bad writers even at the best of times. When arguably your most complete and best selling work is still Code Geass which was 10 years ago at this point sorry but you're clearly long past your prime if you ever had one to begin with.
>>
>>144787185
There's always been shitposters telling you your show is shit through. That's just a part of what /a/ is, along with the meaningful discussions.
>>
>>144787768
>Trainwreck originals by Aniplex with popular staff thrown together

They are low budget shows though, and not popular enough to call them trainwrecks

You cant compare them to the other shows
>>
>>144787134
>but months later when it ends people will recognize that it's shit
>months

Guilty Crown was shit since ep.01.
In fact, I don't know how I could watched this show. I thought that nothing could be worse than episode 13, and then I watched episode 14.
>>
>>144787710
That's some vintage anime you watched there /a/non, did you watch it all on VHS?
>>
>>144787875

It became apparent to me pretty quickly with the 2nd episode that we had a problem when that Daryl guy was lining up all the civilians to shoot in the back of the head for no reason other than I guess the show had to establish for the audience it assumed was completely brain dead just who the villain faction was. The first episode I at least thought there might be some nuance (this was at a time where I still had even remote faith in anime writers) with the cast like in an average Gundam series or something but nope just a pitch black foreign occupation faction being resisted by plucky Japanese youth and pop stars before suddenly aliens and crystals and shit. Really when I look back Guilty Crown might have been the earliest signs of this hard Nippon Banzai nationalistic kick Aniplex anime have been on since about the time Abe and the LDP were elected back into power. Gate, Haifuri and promotional deal with the JSDF and NHK as well as the Cool Japan Fund that Sony benefits from all but confirm it recently. Aldnoah.Zero basically had all Japanese characters as protagonists too while all the Martians were Aryan types without a single one having a Japanese name. Imagine if the White Base was entirely staffed by Japanese people despite being affiliated with a world government and Zeon were all American looking dudes with Western names how weird and unnatural that would have looked?

>>144787768

With Kabaneri it's crystal clear that Okouchi only knows how to write within one basic story outline that he's been rehashing noticeably since Code Geass.
>>
>>144788451

>Code Geass
>Plucky Japanese youth resisting a foreign occupation full of psychos against supposedly overwhelming odds using "Power of The King"
>Suddenly god like entities and mystical origins in the second half
>Some loose ends

>Guilty Crown
>Plucky Japanese youth resisting a foreign occupation full of psychos against supposedly overwhelming odds using the "Power of the King"
>Suddenly aliens in the second half
>Loose ends out the ass

>Valvrave
>Plucky Japanese youth resisting a foreign occupation full of psychos against supposedly overwhelming odds using super mechs
>Suddenly aliens in the second half
>Loose ends out the ass

>Aldnoah.Zero (Not an Okouchi series but sure feels like one in construct)
>Plucky Japanese youth resisting a Martian occupation full of psychos against supposedly overwhelming odds using the power of autistic savant Japanese kids (???)
>Supposed to reveal alien origins of Aldnoah power in the second half according to Newtype article propaganda
>Never actually revealed alien origins of Aldnoah power nor did it even really become a topic at any point
>Loose ends out the ass

>Kabaneri
>Plucky Japanese youth resisting a pseudo-zombie apocalypse against supposedly overwhelming odds using their own powers against them which are apparently amplified when it's a Japanese human character (????)
>Suddenly evil human psychos that are the real villains
>Loose ends out the ass

>Qualidea Code
>Plucky Japanese youth resisting an alien occupation of "unknowns" against supposedly overwhelming odds using super powers
>Rest to be filled in later but if I have to guess suddenly evil adult human psychos and then loose ends out the ass.

I love how each successive one manages to get less detailed and fleshed out than the last one. Now they don't even bother to give a name to the generic faction the plucky Japanese youth are fighting against. It all feels like thinly veiled JSDF recruitment oriented propaganda at the end of the day regardless.
>>
File: image.jpg (81KB, 640x582px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
81KB, 640x582px
>>144786509
>>
File: image.jpg (82KB, 640x584px)
image.jpg
82KB, 640x584px
>>144789328
>>
>>144787854
Why do they even do this? To me it just reduces the staff's credibility when the show is so bad, even when I know it's low budget.
>>
>>144788934
>Code Geass
>Plucky Japanese Youth
Lelouch wasn't Japanese though. He was trying to start a world war as well.
>>
>>144787975
It's worse anon... I watched it live on TV every week for the three years that it aired...
>>
>>144786509

>all these newfag tears in this thread

You should all kill yourselves.
>>
>>144789678
>kill yourself
>20XX
People that die are dead anon.
>>
>>144789670
That's some hardcore dedication /a/non, what channel even aired it way back then?
>>
>>144787372
Psycho-Pass maybe?
>>
>>144789570

That is true but that just illustrates the gradual reduction and simplification of this formula over the decade. Also none of these shows were even close to being a successful and popular as Code Geass.
>>
File: 1464021237248.png (120KB, 500x476px) Image search: [Google]
1464021237248.png
120KB, 500x476px
>Angel Beats was 6 years ago
Thread posts: 31
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoin at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Posts and uploaded images are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that website. If you need information about a Poster - contact 4chan. This project is not affiliated in any way with 4chan.