[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Good subs finally out I don't know if I can wait on

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 56
Thread images: 5

>Good subs finally out

I don't know if I can wait on edge like this each week, I don't want to have to read funi meme TLs...
>>
>>144771314
whoop
>>
>waiting for Asenshi because some weeb told you funi was bad
Enjoy your TL notes, dude, you're truly the master weeb now that you kind of half understand a couple of puns.
>>
>>144771939
>Implying I need some weeb to tell me dialogue like "gamergate creeps" is inaccurate Duwang-tier scrub translation
>>
>>144771969
There's literally nothing like that in any fucking sub work ever. You're talking about a shitty dub.
>>
>>144771994
>It's okay funi only does that for dubs!
It's the same fucking company with the same fucking translators numbnuts.
>>
>>144772090
I don't think you understand what translators DO.
>>
>>144771495
Pyo pyo pyo pyo pyo!
>>
>>144772119
Bullshitting dialogue far removed from the original is not what a translator does, it's what a memeing scrub does, keep sucking that funi dick Shill-chan.
>>
File: At least check before memeing.png (33KB, 2926x102px) Image search: [Google]
At least check before memeing.png
33KB, 2926x102px
>Amanchu
>Funi TLs
>>
>>144772348
Oh so it's even worse.
>>
>>144771314
Funi aren't even doing this show you fucking retard.
>>
>>144771314
But CR is doing it and their script's a lot better than Asenshi's
>>
File: 1460253148876.jpg (74KB, 618x720px) Image search: [Google]
1460253148876.jpg
74KB, 618x720px
>>144772488
>their script's a lot better than Asenshi's
>>
>>144771495
Cha?
>>
>>144771314
if they're such lazy shits that they can't have it subbed the same day then they can go fuck themselves.
>>
>>144772348
>>144772488
And that is when the fansub-meme squad got humiliated. Again.
>>
>>144771314
Fuck off Asenshi translators
>>
>>144772676
>Implying fansubbers today are meme-tier
All the memesters got hired by CR/funimation m8, hence why their subs are so trash.
>>
>>144771314
Amanchu is garbage.
>>
>>144772839
>>144772676
>>144772600
You thought CR/funi didn't hire shills? Think again?
>>
>watch show for faces
It's yurishit
dropped
>>
>>144771314
You can just ignore the meme parts of the subs since they usually correspond to the lines you understand in Japanese anyway. Only refer to subs when some technical shit pops up like "aqualaser pressure" or whatnot. There should be no memes there because how do you meme up a technical explanation without getting fired?
>>
>>144771314
It'll be faster this week, and you can always check on sub progress on the site.
>>
I trust CR more, since Asenshi was shown literally mistranslating lines.
>>
>>144773228
Good fansubs are a great thing, but they shouldn't get a points just for being fansubs.

If they're not adding any value over what's immediately available they're worthless.
>>
>>144774416
Misheard one* line.
And CR has no love or consistency. Last episode was entitled "Pikari and something bad", so why in episode 3 when Teko literally says the same Japanese word, does CR sub something totally different? And at the end of the first part before the OP, Teko says "hontou wa...", subbed in CR as "In truth...", so why in the last Teko monologue which is deliberately supposed to complete that thought do they translate it as something different? They don't give a shit.
>>
>>144771495
Whoop is best girl
>>
>>144774935
But at least I know they aren't mishearing lines.
>>
>>144774981
Yep, that's why they do every single "cha" and "whoop". So why do they not translate "cha" but do translate "upyo"?
>>
File: woop woop.gif (563KB, 500x496px) Image search: [Google]
woop woop.gif
563KB, 500x496px
>>144775018
Because woop woop
>>
>>144774416
Which line was it?
>>
>>144775103
Episode 2 8:18

She says "unfair", Asenshi translated it as "Awesome".
>>
>>144775284
すっごい instead of ずっこい.
Ironically, it's similar to what Pikari did for Teko's nickname.
>>
>>144775318
>>144775284
I can understand that given how similar it sounded, her tone of voice was very cheery and an autist like her would say it in context.
>>
>>144775284
>>144775318
It got fixed in a v2, so I don't know why autists keep making such a fuss, specially when CR fucks up routinely despite having acces to the script and they rarely fix their subs
>>
who cares fuck you
>>
>>144775394
I opened up the episode just to check, and it's the most enunciated ずっこい I've ever fucking seen. It blows my mind that someone could interpret that as すっごい, but I guess that's to be expected from clueless fansubs.

>>144774935
So your complaints are literally nothing? I love this "the same Japanese word" shit, like you don't even know what is being said but you know it's somehow wrong because all translations are magically 1:1 and there can't be any variance in phrasing.
>>
>>144771314

>funi

What? This isn't Crunchy? The subs are soft coded and in the typical Crunchy font.

Meanwhile other funi shows are still the same hard coded travesty.
>>
>>144776094
When the episode title is said in the actual episode, yes, good subs will have it the same. Have you never written in your life?
>>
>>144776094

>most enunciated ずっこい I've ever fucking seen

Hardly, I've heard すっごい enunciated just like that too.
>>
>>144776188
I don't have enough time to bother looking for this perceived slight, but you understand the concept of sentence fragments, right? And the meaning of words changing depending on context? Who am I kidding, of course you don't.

>>144776407
That ず couldn't have been clearer, dude.
>>
>>144776444

>That ず couldn't have been clear

す and ず sound almost the same in spoken Jap m8, unless you're totally native it's easy to mix the two up at times, congrats on having magic bullshit ears though.
>>
>>144776505
And this is anime Jap, where everything is enunciated to all fuck. I really can't imagine anyone making that mistake, even if they've never encountered ずっこい before.
>>
>>144776578

Good for you magic ears, I can still easily see how it could be heard as すっごい with how she said it.
>>
>>144776967

Even without "magic ears" how can you completely misinterpret the tone and context of that whole scene?

Her voice is clearly annoyed/exasperated. And why would you find it "awesome" that your teacher of all people just fucked you over in a friendly foot race by cheating?

This subber is clear autistic. Or at least more so than most.
>>
>>144777088

>Her voice is clearly annoyed/exasperated.

Sounds generic excited to me.

>And why would you find it "awesome" that your teacher of all people just fucked you over in a friendly foot race by cheating?

Because she's an autist who would react that way, (Oh sugggggoi she overtook me on a bike how cool! BUT JUST YOU WAIT BITCH I'MMA TAKE A SHORTCUT THROUGH THE GRASS THEN YOU GONNA TAKE IT IN THE ASS ~SHASHASHAAA~
>>
>ungrateful shits are actually bitching about the one good active fansub group we have left
>>
>asenshi devs trying to shill their mistranslated subs on /a/ and samefagging the whole thread
>>
>>144777626
>shilling for funi/CR this hard
>>
>>144777290
>Sounds generic excited to me.
I think you just don't have functioning ears. Or you're autistic, take your pick.
>>
Are you guys seriously defending CR? I agree their subs are better than FUNI and even much better than they used to be, but Asenshi's subs are far superior here, the phrasing is more natural and sounds more like how people actually talk. And if you need to cite a single misheard line (which was subsequently corrected) as the reason the subs are bad, then that just goes to show you have no basis for criticizing Asenshi.

This is an original translation, not a CR edit. And it's being done by an avowed fan of the mangaka's work, and someone familiar with the source material, rather than a staffer at CR who gets the script and mechanically translates it in half an afternoon. That level of understanding is self-evident in the end result.

Seriously, watch Asenshi and then watch CR again and tell me honestly that you prefer CR's subs.
>>
File: Amanchu_02_Large_30_1.jpg (18KB, 224x407px) Image search: [Google]
Amanchu_02_Large_30_1.jpg
18KB, 224x407px
>>144771314
>out of the yuri shitposting into the fansub shitposting
Will Amanchu threads see no peace?
>>
>>144778841
Well, it airs on fridays in summer, so go figure
>>
>>144776177
OP is just a trying to fit in with the cool kids of 4chan by hating on streaming services without knowing why and which ones are hated for what reasons.
>>
>>144779017
Except that CR's script for amanchu is legitimatelly bad.

Seems like you are the one trying too hard to fit in with le fansubbing is dead meme
Thread posts: 56
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.