[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

ITT Adaptions which surpass the source material

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

File: 052.jpg (911KB, 1945x1400px) Image search: [Google]
052.jpg
911KB, 1945x1400px
>the pic
Umineko manga blows away the VN completely with superb art and pacing.

Only example I can come up really. 2hu could count as well as SMUP is a horrible genre
>>
Mushishi in my opinion.
>>
>>144748865
Honestly the art for Umineko can get a little uncanny valley sometimes, but I feel like that works for the story with the intense expressions like in OP pic
>>
No way. The art may be better (sometimes) but it loses a good portion of feeling and made some changes I didn't like.
Also, no music.
>>
>>144748865
>Umineko manga blows away the VN

Musicfags are going to get angry (like yuo can't play the soundtracks while reading) but yeah, most of the manga was much, much, much better from other possible point of view.

>>144749117
>The art may be better (sometimes)
>MAY BE
>SOMETIMES
>it loses a good portion of feeling

Yeah, no, you are clearly one of the crazy ryukishi fanboys who infested this place.
>>
>>144749388
from any* other
>>
>>144748865
Looking kinda loco there.
>>
>>144749388
also there's voice acting, would not read manga before reading through novel
>>
File: 1445888632358.png (67KB, 261x261px) Image search: [Google]
1445888632358.png
67KB, 261x261px
Pandaneko forever.
>>
>>144748865
Besides from the obvious fact that there is no music, Umineko is clearly written to BE a novel. The whole themes of Umineko don't work with the manga even if the art is really good. The VN goes deeper in the meaning of the story and the themes around it and it feels a lot more like a "game". Also, the manga added changes I didn't like. For example, the fact that they showed to us the Single Truth, it loses all the mystery behind it and it's clearly not in the philosophy of Umineko.

The VN is clearly better, more immersive, more interesting, goes more into the details.

But shit art, yeah.
>>
K-On!! S2 is so much better than the manga that it's barely recognizable.
>>
>>144751866
And I forgot to say that the manga is too much into exaggerating the faces and the whole feeling. The mangaka is not Fukumoto, it feels forced.
>>
>seacats
>without music
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v6aN04YAH4U
>>
As much as I hate to say it, Yamato 2199.

The original is a classic, but it felt like they were making the story up as they went along. Too many things just happened out of nowhere without any buildup.
The remake had its problems, but at least the story was coherent from beginning to end.
>>
>>144752013
i have read it less than half year ago and this already feels nostalgic
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.