[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Yu-Gi-Oh! Manga only

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 3

File: image.jpg (162KB, 1136x640px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
162KB, 1136x640px
What is /a/ opinion of the manga?
>>
>>144728283
Takahashi's original manga is, by far, the best yugioh series, better than any of the anime sequels, manga sequels, or its own adaption.
>>
>>144728283
i've been meaning to check it out. I flicked through a copy of one in the library when i was back in high school and i remember being pretty entertained by that bit where Joey and some bully start whaling on each other with knives in their mouths.
>>
>>144730600
>Joey
>>
Worse than the anime, takes too long to get to the card games. Then when it gets to them they're not as good as the anime's equivalents.

The card game is all that matters.
>>
Early chapters feel too episodic.
Duelist is where it actually gets interesting.
>>
>>144731975
>The card game is all that matters

The card game is just a means to an end.
The series is about friendship and ancient mythology.

As soon as you make it about the card game, you forego any character development or story.
>>
>>144728283
Early art is terrible and the episodic stories suck.
Most if not all the duels suck really, really fucking hard. They constantly break the rules and change what cards do.
A couple of duels were actually fun though, but just because of the character's interactions (Kaiba is fun to watch).
My favorite part was the Egypt arc, I wish it was longer.
>>
>>144728283
I like it.
>>
Stopped reading when Kaiba summoned Obelisk without any tributes.
Pre card games were cool, kinda reminded me of Kaiji. Dick Pharaoh was interesting but I like how he is in the anime/later manga more.
Duelist Kingdom was basically the same as the anime minus the 4kids edits but overall was a good read.
>>
>>144729402
This.

I always say to a buddy of mine who is animeonly "the Yugioh manga was great, Yugi lit some criminal on fire in the first few chapters"
>>
>>144734335
>Stopped reading when Kaiba summoned Obelisk without any tributes.
they did worse in anime.
>>
>>144734808
This, Yugi monster reborn'd a god on his opponents turn in the anime.
>>
The best part are the D&D rip off with Dark Bakura
>>
File: 01_124.png (167KB, 759x1200px) Image search: [Google]
01_124.png
167KB, 759x1200px
The first few volumes where everything was a D'Arby The Gambler type game were fucking incredible. Card games weren't nearly as good.
>>
>>144728283
I heard the mangaka is a huge JoJo fag.
>>
File: image.jpg (287KB, 1136x640px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
287KB, 1136x640px
>>
>>144731975
Arcuck go away. Yu-Gi-Oh was never a card game series and the anime fucked up Kaiba's character so hard that the new movie had to retcon the entire anime.
>>
>>144739312
Kaz has god-tier taste in general, really.

>>144739081
People ITT say the early manga was trash, although /a/ is not one person from a story perspective it is pretty bad since it was pretty obvious that Kaz had no idea where he wanted to take the series yet. I don't even think he expected to get published. I'm a JoJofag who liked Duwang though so I didn't mind the episodic stuff.

The art's pretty shit, between Kaiba's autistic facial expressions and Mokuba's down syndrome.
>>
>>144728283
it was like a proto Death Note
>>
>>144743516
Death Note was a pretty big downgrade then.
>>
>>144741948
early manga is trash. There is a reason it is the least popular part of the series and almost got them manga cancelled.
>>
>>144745743
t. Konami, killer of media
>>
>>144728283
It's okay I'd say.
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.