[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why did they arm the guards protecting Lucy with tiny submachine

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 5

File: B97Ct1uCUAAIqek.png (288KB, 499x280px) Image search: [Google]
B97Ct1uCUAAIqek.png
288KB, 499x280px
Why did they arm the guards protecting Lucy with tiny submachine guns that had calibers that couldn't penetrate her vectors should a catastrophic event happen that released her?

What was the maximum caliber she could deflect, again? Could a 7.62 work? .308? Any other practically applied cartridges for random foot soldiers that any other non retarded organizations would have used?

What the fuck even was their backup plan to kill her should their super awesome door system fail?
>>
Anon you're missing the point of the show: Cute girls being retarded, and gore.
>>
>>144719936
You're overthinking it. I though EL was fun for what it was but I wouldn't say it's worth deeper analysis.
>>
>>144719936
They were fodder probably being paid little over minimum wage and took the job thinking "whatever, it's not like some girl can get out even if she did have powers".

Also, she was insufferably stupid, just wow. If not for the nip shots I don't even think I could've made it through.
>>
>>144719936
>Could a 7.62 work? .308?
You're gonna need something like .45
>>
>>144720185
>They were fodder probably being paid little over minimum wage and took the job thinking "whatever, it's not like some girl can get out even if she did have powers".
Right, but why wouldn't the higher ups arm them with guns that could actually do something to her should the exact events that happened happen? Especially considering if she escaped, she could lead to the extinction of all mankind?

>Also, she was insufferably stupid, just wow. If not for the nip shots I don't even think I could've made it through.
I'd agree Nyuu was retarded but I'm not too sold on Lucy.

You know, as an aside, why didn't they install a bomb in her like 26 or whatever she was? It's like they never understood what fail-safes were...
>>
Garbage anime
>>
>>144720214
>.45
>not 7.92 Mauser
>>
>>144720431
>Right, but why wouldn't the higher ups arm them with guns that could actually do something to her should the exact events that happened happen?
Her powers got stronger and stronger over time. Initially she could barely stop pistol rounds. The lab actually periodically fire heavy slugs at her to check how much stronger she got. Basically, the rifles they had WAS strong enough to stop her, back when she was imprisoned there as a child. But it had been years since.
>>
File: 30.jpg (115KB, 750x1134px) Image search: [Google]
30.jpg
115KB, 750x1134px
>>144719936
.50 AE was the maximum caliber, which isn't anywhere near .50 BMG by the way.
>>
File: 29.jpg (106KB, 750x1121px) Image search: [Google]
29.jpg
106KB, 750x1121px
>>144720538
While she can block it it seems she needs to deflect it.
Anyway, dunno about why the guards had 9mm, but one had a sniper rifle near the end.
Everything about Elfen Lied is dumb except for Bandou anyway, so whatever.
>>
>>144720438
Thanks for that patrician analysis, anon. I'm sorry to try and actually drum up discussion on this board, I'll delete this thread immediately. I am honestly not sure if we have enough waifu threads, buyfag threads, Eva threads, yuru yuri threads, apparently it is C.C.'s birthday today threads, etc.

tL;dr stop being such a faggot all the god damn time.
>>
If y'all had been paying any attention, they specifically stated that they tested their ability to repel projectiles and decided that they couldn't deflect the force of .50 AE or above. The problem with that was it appeared that Lucy was trolling them and was able to partially deflect the .50 AE bullet that was intended to kill her.
>>
File: 13.jpg (119KB, 750x1080px) Image search: [Google]
13.jpg
119KB, 750x1080px
>>144720611
This.
Also it turns out that deflection relies mostly on weight, which is why a steel ball fired at crossbow force can get right through while bullets can't.
It's dumb but whatever.
>>
File: 33.jpg (110KB, 750x1132px) Image search: [Google]
33.jpg
110KB, 750x1132px
>>144720668
Also light can get through, meaning flashbangs FUCK THEM UP and make it so they can't do anything.
But none of those generic army guys were as smart as based Bandou.
>>
>>144720668
Only if that ball has more energy than .50 AE.
Seem japs don't care about ballistics.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.