[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What was his fucking problem?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 58
Thread images: 5

File: 1134.jpg (28KB, 298x362px) Image search: [Google]
1134.jpg
28KB, 298x362px
What was his fucking problem?
>>
something about not being respected by the clique or something
>>
>>144667536
He wanted to be a Street Fighter
>>
>>144667536
he was a manlet
>>
>>144667536
Maybe his QUALITY head would be a good start.
>>
>>144667536
What problem?
50% of the teen out there would act like him if they get power
>>
He wanted a better hairline
>>
no one man should have all that power
>>
he crashed into child on highway and directed grief toward his friends for their previous transgressions
>>
Autism
>>
Drugs and super powers
>>
>>144667536
Bike gangers are dicks when given god like powers more at 11
>>
He did nothing wrong.
>>
>>144667536
An inferiority complex towards Kaneda.
>>
>>144667536
The manga was better

way better, hell it actually had Akira in it
>>
I get mild chuckle from these threads
>>
>>144667824
His brain was getting bigger retard.
>>
1. Delinquent youth
2. Small man complex
3. Gradually becoming the most powerful entity in the cosmos
4. Promptly after escaping the facility, and before his rampage, he kills the local drug dealer and fucking takes ALL THE DRUGS
>>
>>144667536
Drugs. Drugs are bad, m'kay.
>>
>>144671061
I don't know, it's actually cool see the actual protagonist of the series being a bunch of organs in tubes
>>
>>144667536
He accidentally the entire Neo Tokyo.
>>
>>144674108
E.X.P.L.O.D.E.
>>
he loved bad bitches
>>
>>144667536
Big ass forehead. He can't get girls with his head ass looking self. His ears look like they're falling off his head, why they so low? He wears a cape in 2016. Period. I don't know what it is about his eyes but they make him look like a crackhead. His smile and eyes together spell autism.
>>
>>144671426
This isn't totally true. Drugs are only bad for education.

They are scientifically proven to be good for health
>>
File: images.jpg (15KB, 512x288px) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
15KB, 512x288px
>>
He was a ghetto ass nigga.
>>
His eyes are too close to his nose.
>>
How could this terrible plot justify a high animation budget ?

It was like watching a Michael Bay's movie turned into an anime t. Ghibli
>>
He had a tough life
>>
He got knotted by the bear
>>
He was getting bald early.
Also
>animetards
>>
File: Screenshot_18.png (480KB, 883x690px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_18.png
480KB, 883x690px
>>144667536
5head manlet
>>
>>144676534
>He didn't like Akira

Is this contrarian or can you actually justify this?
>>
Why did he even hang out with his friends in the first place if he would kill them the first chance he got? In the manga he explodes the heads of one of them for no reason at all. He just inexplicably becomes psychotic once he starts getting headaches.
>>
>>144667536
Kaneda
>>
Judging by his massive forehead, I'd say Hydrocephaly
>>
File: Screenshot_7.png (93KB, 253x367px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_7.png
93KB, 253x367px
https://soundcloud.com/darts-1/sets/capsulespride

You plebs should check out this release
>>
>>144678968
I never have nor will watch the dub.
>>
File: Screenshot tonkatsu.png (1MB, 1599x899px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot tonkatsu.png
1MB, 1599x899px
>>144679271
Neither have i but those are some good bleeps
>>
>>144667536
He wanted to go to Canada
>>
>>144667536
What i am confused is, what was the military thinking?
Let's recap, shall we:
-One of your psychic senior-children is being forced to escape into the real world by some terrorist group
-You follow him
-He accidently blows up the bike of some random teenager
-You convince him to come back home and take the teenager with you
-You decide for WHATEVER THE FUCK REASON to make the same experiment on him as you did with the senior-children 30 years ago
>>
>>144681300
Didn't they experiment on him years ago and the incident awakened his powers? Or something.
>>
>>144667536
Jealousy
>>
>>144678892
It's baby's second hot take, coming in fresh right off of "Cowboy Bebop is overrated"
>>
>>144681503
i haven't read the manga in ages, but at least based on the anime there was no such thing
>>
>>144678892
>>144681785

Cowboy Beebop and Akira offer both good scenery, graphic and overall ambiance (music, theme, graphics, chara design) for their time.

But the plot is weak and is only here to justify the later.

However while Cowboy succeded at creating an "intemporal" show, Akira is bounded to the 90s Japanese punk-rebellious style. It gave you the same feeling than watching an american 80s movie (bad guys being scary just because they wear leather jackets, scream, don't listen to adults and assert their confidence in the fact they are non-normative character inb4 80s pre-hipster aka punk).

Maybe in few years we will bear the same opinion regarding terrorists portrayed in movies "what ? why everyone is afraid of them ?"

But as I said, poor charachter development is not the main reason why Akira failed to catch my attention. It's the fact that action scenes rarely bring any information to the story. It looks a lot like Lost. Maybe the authors are wanking behind their screentyper machine, but they failed to convey that deeper meaning the show is supposed to have.
>>
>>144684481
>but they failed to convey that deeper meaning the show is supposed to have.

you're the one jacking off, here
>>
>>144684481
I forgot if someone involved in the movie said this but you can think of the city being the "main character" since it wasn't long enough to adapt the story of the manga. The movie only establishes a setting that feels interesting with lots of different groups who have their own concerns inhabiting it.
>>
>>144678892

Akira is completely average besides the stellar Geinoh Yamashirogumi ost and having a budget

It's not really bad, it's just the textbook example of overrated due to very limited exposure of it's fans to the medium
>>
>>144678948
Isn't psychosis a disorder where you can't tell the difference between reality and imagination? Kaneda was getting super powers to turn his thoughts into reality.

Who wouldn't go psychotic over that?
>>
>>144678948
Tetsuo is the runt of the group. The rest of the gang picks on him, and he probably wants to kick their asses to prove that he's the baddest dude. When he gains his powers he starts to lose his mind and quickly goes way too far.
>>
>>144667536
He's an amoeba granted awesome man-like power.
>>
>Manlet
>Forehead
>Overly sensitive
>Teased the most out of everyone in the gang
It's no wonder he went bonkers
Considering how close he is to me, I wonder how long I have
>>
>>144667536
Teenage rebellion phase.
>>
>>144678948

He was that guy in a group of friends who was the end of every joke.

He could have laughed it off but getting powers and shit not to mention he had to get his friends to stop the raping of his girlfriend. He was a giant asshole when Akira came down though
>>
>>144672114
Akira wasn't the protagonist. He was the titular character. Kaneda is the protagonist.
>>
>>144678892
Akira is bad you retard, the movie is fucking awful and only looks pretty.
Thread posts: 58
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.