[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

its not bait I promisse

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 53
Thread images: 10

File: maxresdefault.jpg (56KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
56KB, 1280x720px
Tough on Beserk?Why do you find it shit /a?
>>
The shitty animation, and the fact that they skipped TWO FUCKING ARCS!
>>
Music is shit
Animation is shit
Pacing is shit

Berserk 2016 wins the triple crown of shit
>>
>could've gave it to any decent studio to do a proper adaptation
>nope lets just make it full CGI and retarded as fuck

JUST

They nailed rape horse that's about it.
>>
>>144580247
what if you waching it for the 1st time? It still can be good?
>>
>>144580664
no no a thousand times no
>>
I still can't believe they made this.
>>
>>144580212

>it's a CLANG episode

I can't even decide whether this is hilarious or just sad.
>>
>>144580664
Just read the manga, its ten times better!
>>
>atrocious animation it's hard to watch
>bland directing
>so terrible directing sometimes it's impossible to see what's going on
>dull music
>slideshow tier fps
>bad animation
>QUALITY
>>
>>144580624
>They nailed rape horse that's about it.
It trully raped my eyes
>>
>not bait

Have you watched it? If you have, you must have noticed. If you haven't, you must be new, because threads explaining why were popping up all over.

>it's just the animation faggot why don't you look past that!
If the animation is not important, why wouldn't I just read the manga, which is perfectly accurate due to being the source material to boot?
>>
Seriously, if the animation isn't good in AN ANIMATED FUCKING MEDIUM, it might as well just not exist.
>>
>>144580664
I'm watching it for the first time, and I only barely understand what's going on because of the threads on /a/.

The 3d sucks, and their 2d sucks too. It's still entertaining though.
>>
Its still berserk so if you can get past the abysmal presentation there's still something great in there. That being said, you should read the manga instead if you haven't already.
>>
File: 1469202942321.jpg (94KB, 700x700px) Image search: [Google]
1469202942321.jpg
94KB, 700x700px
stop making fun of berserk!

they're working themselves literally to death so you can watch the fruits of their labor for free!
>>
>>144580212
Latest episode was pretty decent, though once again I get drawn out of the experience by the sub par cgi, jarring switches between 2D and 3D and some rather questionable directing. That pre opening segment for instance:

Guts realizes Casca is in....DANGER!
*DUN DUUN DUUUUN*
*CORNY GUITAR RIFFS INTENSIFY*
*Cape blows forebodingly in the wind*

Stuff like this makes it feel like a parody. Also, I though I'd get used to it, but that CG texture crosshatch shading is still rather offputting after 4 episodes. And those endless zooms and camera rotations around a 3D scene. It's like a modern version of the old Berserk series' cost cutting trick, where they used some painted image and zoomed around it frantically to indicate action.

Again, the quality and atmosphere of the current story arc shines through and manages to draw me in and at times the anime manages to look ok, but overall I kinda wish they wouldn't have bothered, if this is the result. At least Miura could have worked on the manga during the time he was tied to this.
>>
>>144580212
>its not bait I promisse

And yet your terrible writing clearly shows it.
>>
File: watchingberserk2016.png (3MB, 950x2672px) Image search: [Google]
watchingberserk2016.png
3MB, 950x2672px
>>144580664
It still looks like shit though. The only reason to watch is for the memes.
>>
>>144580212
I personally like it, but I didn't read the manga, I just watched 3 Berserk movies
>>
File: 000.png (103KB, 256x279px) Image search: [Google]
000.png
103KB, 256x279px
>>144586245
What are you doing with your life? One should only take self-loathing so far.
>>
>le memes berserk so bad CLANG xD
>bad animationion!!!
That's all these fuckers have on it. And they're but blasted that their favorite shitty arc was skipped
>>
File: Berserk_v34c299p018_019.png (499KB, 1910x1400px) Image search: [Google]
Berserk_v34c299p018_019.png
499KB, 1910x1400px
>>144586245
this must be b8
>>
>>144588273 terrible animation is kind of a big problem in an animated work,anon.
>>
File: read the manga.jpg (370KB, 715x590px) Image search: [Google]
read the manga.jpg
370KB, 715x590px
>>144586245
>>
I could no longer endure it after the second episode. Has it gotten even worse?
>>
HAI YO
YAY YO
>>
>>144580212
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=g9Tsgpk9JwI
>>
File: GriffithHillOfSwords2.png (2MB, 2506x1800px) Image search: [Google]
GriffithHillOfSwords2.png
2MB, 2506x1800px
>>144580664
Read the Fucking manga for fucks sake, reading manga isn't that hard plus the art is amazing it'd take a very talented team forever to do it justice
>>
>Guts grabbed the sword's hilt with his flesh hand
>IT LITERALLY WENT CLANG

It's like watching a high school group animation project. I want to turn away, but it's Berserk so I can't.
>>
>>144588273
>all you have to criticize this is criticism!

Are you stupid or just pretending to be?

Also try bad pacing, shot framing, direction and editing.
>>
latest episode wasn't that bad. it lacked CLANG and the jarring camera movements that made the previous episodes shit
>>
>>144584892
Tell that to the plotfags.
>>
File: hideous.png (627KB, 1280x738px) Image search: [Google]
hideous.png
627KB, 1280x738px
I watch uptil episode 3 but I didn't watch episode 4. The day before that episode came out I watched the first movie, and only the first movie (except for 20 minutes of the second one). What I learned from the movie was that the animation is far worse than the Berserk stuff that came out several years before it.

And even with the movies bad cgi there was still a lot of regular animation in most scenes.

And even with that bad movie cgi they didn't make the shadows look awful by drawing parallel diagonal lines in all of them, in the worst artistic decision I've ever seen. And god does it look like shit when they move.

I also found this song from the end credits, which wasn't Hirasawas, but I thought was pretty good. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MC7H1rOU1Gg
>>
Is there a synopsis for what the anime omitted from the manga? I don't read manga and would like to get a better idea of what is going on with some of the references that are being made.
>>
>>144597177
Before the Golden Age: Some really awesome (and underrated) character introduction of Guts, the plot of episode 1 of the old anime, and a short arc about Guts finding his behelit, his first post-Ecipse reunion with Griffith, and the first long fight of the series, between Guts and a dickhead demon.

Some of it is most important for setting up the Golden Age and the rest of the story, in particular the meeting with the godhand, but it's still great shit.

After the Golden Age: one arc with a child who became a demon and wants to live forever, and kidnaps a bunch of kids and turn them into creepy demon spawn, but doesn't realize she's evil and tries to seduce her old best friend.

Not important at all really, maybe some character development for Puck. And I could be forgetting something else.
>>
>>144597995
I saw the old anime in the movies also. So basically anything ommited from all of these. I know one of them was black swordsman among others
>>
>>144597995
It introduces why Puck is important to the plot and not just a mascot, keeping Guts sane with fairy magic. It also has some of the best angry Guts shots in the series, and probably the best panel overall.
>>
File: 0094-017.jpg (978KB, 2133x1590px) Image search: [Google]
0094-017.jpg
978KB, 2133x1590px
>they cut my favorite page in the manga
>pic related, only got a glimpse of it
A man finds his waifu4laifu for the first time and you cut it up? The fuck is wrong with the production staff?

>>144597177
Just read Lost Children. It starts at chapter 95 and extends until it blends in with the start of the manga dealing with Gut's abduction by the Holy Iron Chain Knights. A summarization will never do it justice.
>>
>>144598966
>blends in with the start of the manga
I meant the start of the new anime.
>>
It's literally the best show of the season. Once you get past the "bad animation", "bad pacing", "bad 3d", "bad color choice" what argument do you REALLY have against the show. That's right, nothing. I'm tired of pedo gross nerds talking bad about berserk just because they can't handle real quality manime.
>>
Nobody is feeling shame about shape in this adaption, that much is certain.
>>
>RETARDS ACTUALLY STARTING BERSERK WITH THIS
>NOT AT LEAST FUCKING WATCHING THE ALSO SHITTY GOLDEN AGE MOVIES TO WHICH THIS IS A DIRECT SEQUEL

FOR

WHAT

FUCKING

PURPOSE

AT LEAST WATCH THOSE FUCKING MOVIES
IT'S 3x 1.5H MOVIES

COME THE FUCK ON
>>
>>144585867
>calling based Hirasawa's Hai Yo "corny guitar riffs"
Get cancer and die.
>>
>>144600584
>movies
Why? Watch the series. Music is way better, except "will be finded"
>>
>>144580478
Pacing this episode was pretty good.
>>
>>144601685
The old anime is better watched on its own or after reading the manga.
The new anime is a direct sequel to the movies, complete with altered plot.
>>
THE animation is completely SUCKASS. The rewritten story is fine.
>>
>>144601780
Yeah, that's what I meant. The old series stands as a masterpiece yadda rose tinted glasses
>>
Not baiting, but last episode was quite amazing despite the janky animation. If the whole adaption would be in this vein. I think i could give this 6-7/10
>>
>>144602488
How was it amazing? It's still missing all the important beats, it's still missing the atmosphere, it still looks and sounds like shit....

Everything is all wrong with this show.
>>
>>144597995
>spoonfeeding a retard who literally refuses to read manga
Kill yourself
>>
>>144598966
I'll just read the wiki article on it thanks

>>144603621
Sorry but time is finite and with manga never being of any interest to me it's lowest on the list of my priorities
Thread posts: 53
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.