[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What went wrong? History's Strongest Disciple Kenichi thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 8

What went wrong?

History's Strongest Disciple Kenichi thread
>>
Not enough Miu's nipples.
>>
It just didn't catch on. It was a very good manga, but it just failed to gain a big enough readership. It's the reason for the amount of fanservice increasing as the story goes on and every other chapter becoming a "must read". Ultimately it resulted in the very abrupt end of the manga
>>
Too many Master fights rather than disciple fights. The ecchi got out of hand. Artwork changed. Kenichi.
>>
Shitty last two arcs.
Mangaka hyped characters and then did nothing with them.
Too much fancservice. Seriousely. It got pretty retarded at the end.
>>
The editor was an incompetent ass who should have been fired much earlier before he axed all those series.
>>
The main character was the least interesting character.
I preferred the second half of the manga more focused on the masters and other characters.
>>
File: renka towel.jpg (191KB, 869x1251px) Image search: [Google]
renka towel.jpg
191KB, 869x1251px
should have fucked Renka instead
>>
He stopped writing about a boy learning martial arts and defeating people
and started writing retarded shit like saving fist killing fist bullshit
>>
File: shigure.png (209KB, 276x595px) Image search: [Google]
shigure.png
209KB, 276x595px
Nothing. It made THICC girls mainstream in manga.
>>
Siegfried is the best!
>>
- Kenichi stop to progress and become nearly a secondary charcater
- Too many new masters-level characters
- Exggerated fanservice
>>
Bullshit unrealistic superhuman/supernatural shit in the fights.

In the begginning it was good because it showed just what kind of hard training Kenichi went through to become strong, and everything the masters did were just sight gags.

Then characters started doing shit in fights that was impossible in real life, and that just flushed the entire idea of "martial arts" in this manga down the toilet.

Also the master were put into fights, and aince nothing could ever happen to them, all their fights were boring, pointless bullshit.

Winning a fight as you would in real life, utilising all your strength and cunning as much as a human can and being pushed to your limit, that's impressive.

Pulling superpowers out of your ass at every turn isn't.

I'm glad it's over.
>>
The manga is currently being publiushed online again.
https://www.sunday-webry.com/legend/shijosaikyonodeshikenichi/
>>
>>144579472
published*
Sorry for the misspelling
>>
File: ec7ed834d79796717344104fa.jpg (300KB, 850x1329px) Image search: [Google]
ec7ed834d79796717344104fa.jpg
300KB, 850x1329px
>>144576027
It just lost steam by the end. Didn't help that Kenichi himself was pretty boring most of the time.
>>
Ending felt a little bit rushed

Also, as much as I loved it, the fan service got a bit crazy towards the end
>>
Pretty simple actually, the first part of the story (around ch. 150) was actually a remake of the author old story, so he actually take his time to rewrite and correct what was wrong.
As for the rest Matsuena probably was forced to continue and decided to add the "super-secret world-dominating organization" trope which ruined the manga, at least for me.
>>
Too much ugly fanservice instead of any focus on character development in later arcs.
>>
>>144576584
Shigure was one of the best characters in this manga and all mangas.
He should have made her own manga.
>>
>>144576027
Editor. The final arc would have been so good if it were not for that stupid anniversary stunt. Who knows it even was intended to be the final arc.
>>
File: miu 50.jpg (47KB, 720x540px) Image search: [Google]
miu 50.jpg
47KB, 720x540px
>>144579633
What is this from? Some extra art book?
>>
>>144583724
I forgot where it's from, but it is official art by the artist himself.
>>
>>144576027
I liek miu tiddies
>>
File: vol61-extra.jpg (2MB, 2350x3486px) Image search: [Google]
vol61-extra.jpg
2MB, 2350x3486px
>>144583834
I think it might be one of those bonus illustrations you got when you bought the manga from Toranoana. But don't quote me on it.
>>
Was the adaption shit? I forgot I watched some of it.
>>
>>144576027
I want to say Kenichi fell off after he finally beat crow/earring guy. It felt like the end of his arc, he started off weak, got strong, fought the requisite evil organization of age appropriate villains, and saved the girl. Then it kept going and it started to become more pandering and wacky than the previous chapters.

Eventually I got bored and dropped it.
>>
>>144584353
This it peaked after the disciple tournament and after that there was only a decline.
>>
Waaaaaaaaaaaaay too much focus on the Masters' fights
>>
File: kenichi538.jpg (195KB, 713x458px) Image search: [Google]
kenichi538.jpg
195KB, 713x458px
You can pinpoint the exact moment it jumped the shark
>>
>>144585323
it is happen more early.
>>
Masters should have just image fought until one conceded victory and walked away, letting the disciples duel it out.
That and the only obvious superhuman fighter should have been Elder and no one else.
Oh yeah and the 'Father murdered my mother' plotline turned out to be an imposter 2 chapters before the end.
>>
The comedy was consistent through the manga. I laughed more than in Gintama.
Thread posts: 33
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.