[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Billy Bat

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

File: 022.png (393KB, 839x1200px) Image search: [Google]
022.png
393KB, 839x1200px
Has Urasawa finally lost it?

At least his previous works had some good iconic villains in them and Pluto was damn good at humanizing robots.

This one feels like a discounted 20th Century Boys, should tell you a lot.
>>
>>144531082
It's fun

Although it's kind of a make-it-or-break-it ending, since it has so much riding on it
>>
>20th Century Boys

Still waiting for this to be published in my shithole
>>
>>144531082
Is that the black boy all grown up?
>>
I haven't read the most recent volume or so but Billy Bat is amazing. It completely plays to Urasawa's strengths, he's always made great use of big casts and varied settings, and it's even better when that cast happens to be full of historical figures, and the settings are for historical events. The little bits of shock value when one gets revealed, the mix of realism and cartoons, and the batshit crazy concept of the series are all fun as fuck.

I doubt he can pull off a good ending with all the mystery he's set up, but I'm enjoying the ride anyway.
>>
>>144532049
since quite a while now

>>144532116
>>144532116
it's literally rehashed 20CB in terms of plot advance and it's not even as good. It's still a good manga, but it's also easily Urasawa's worst. The only thing it has going imho is that Kevin Yagamata was a worse MC than Kenji, but at least Goodman is better than Kana by far. Another thing is it has suffered less from the timeskips than 20CB
>>
>>144531866
>Although it's kind of a make-it-or-break-it ending, since it has so much riding on it

He has that habit, yeah but holy shit this is on another level.

I can see myself either searing with hate or end up absolutely loving it based on the ending. But honestly, I can't not see it not being a disappointment.

>>144532234
I don't really get the 20CB rehash thing.

I don't feel the same vibe in BB that I got from 20CB. Can you elaborate?
>>
>>144532234
I really don't see how 20CB is similar except in the inherent similarities in a mangaka's work
>>
>>144532330
both Kenji and Kevin start out as normal dudes with some job to boot and then they turn into some weird lunatic hippies towards the end, all of this while "passing the torch" to some child who grows up and also follows their path. I can't express myself too well, but it's pretty easily a rehash. Both Kevin and Kenji start wandering around after """having been killed"""", both include some apparently evil agent who in the end turns out to be not so weird and who follows them around. Then there is the whole Master-student subplot

Yoshitsune = Chuck Culkin,
Choji-Monk as I said is same as that Jap mangaka-big Asian master relationship

and a lot of other similarities. Way too many of them.
Fat guy from 20CB (Maruo) = Fat guy from BB
>>
>>144532759
anyway, may be saying it's a rehash is wrong. It's not a rehash, but he wrote the characters similarly and gave them stereotypical designs and had the similar timeskips execution and "passing the torch to the child he saved" theme going on. It's pretty generic in its themes overall, more generic than 20CB

A discounted 20CB for me.
>>
>>144531082
He keeps hyping the conclusion but I'm worried if it'll pay out in the end or not.
>>
>>144531082
Urasawa never had it.
>>
>>144531082
Always thought his work was boring.
>>
>>144531082
Pluto blew everything out of the water, if people just like to shit on his work because of how much influence it has, just enjoy it and don't pay attention
>>
>>144531082
>This one feels like a discounted 20th Century Boys

I wish it was simply like that, it actually felt like a crappy idiotic mystery as stupidly convoluted as LOST, and then it got even worse.
Art and panneling is always top notch, though.
>>
This is the first thread I've seen for the series in forever. I have no idea how he's going to end it in only a small amount of chapters, but I'm glad it won't be dragging on forever at least. I wonder if any of his works will ever get animated again.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.