[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

what went right?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3

File: Space-Dandy-1.jpg (77KB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
Space-Dandy-1.jpg
77KB, 640x360px
>>
Everything, really. Even the dub.
>>
Space Dandy is Cowboy Bebop's retarded cousin, and that's why i love it.
>>
Quite a turn around. Bad first episode turned amazing series.
>>
File: Dandy without sadness baby.png (938KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Dandy without sadness baby.png
938KB, 1280x720px
>>144492769
Many things, the total lack of restriction for the creators and no otaku pandering were probably the two major points

I just rewatched pic related, and I think this single episode is better than a good number of other series.
>>
>>144493267
the artstyle on some of the episodes was just so georgeous, my dick cried tears of joy

space dandy belongs into a good abstract art museum at some points

also love the amount of freedom the creators have , letting loose of rigid linear storylines was one of the better things this show did
>>
the show felt like it was jap creators smoking weed for the first time or something.

its great to show normies this show. the art style, music and light comedy mixed with surreally sci-fi makes it a great show for people who don't watch anime.
>>
>>144492769
it mixed nip mindfuckery with western cartoon tropes. worked pretty good for JoJo , too

>also dat art in some episodes
>>
File: 1459853242522.jpg (26KB, 550x435px) Image search: [Google]
1459853242522.jpg
26KB, 550x435px
>>144492769
Different directors just having fun. This is how the show feels. Also Dandys dub is amazing.
>>
>>144493959
gotta rewatch it with the dub.

huh , this show would be the first i would want to rewatch
>>
>>144493659
Normally I'd agree, but all the over the top IT'S ALL ABOUT THE BOOBIES, BABY in episode one makes me wonder about which episode they ought to start on
>>
>>144492769
Visual design.
>>
>>144492769
The dub was great, I purposefully read all dumb arguments on this site in Dandy and Meow's voices.
>>
>>144492769
absolutely beautiful

Watanabe should stick to arthouse and let his friends collaborate more often, if he didn't kill himself after Zankyou no Terror
>>
>>144492769
Felt like an adventure
>>
>>144492769
Everthing, stupid yet likeable characters, self-aware, great designs, boner inducing animation, no forth-wall when it was need it, over the top in the right moments, and a healthy dose of heartwarming moments
Sadly status quo wont allow those moments to go for more
>>
that funky ost, perfect op and ed too. and this song of course
https://soundcloud.com/animeost4e/izumi-makura-shiritai-full
>>
I'm not american, is there a purpose in watching the dub?

Also, Dandy is one of my GOAT, I'll rewatch eventually anyway.
>>
>>144496469
It's mainly because of Dandys voice, his voice actor was bred for this role. the other characters do at least a decent job.
>>
>>144496596
dub Meow is an entirely different character but enjoyable as fuck
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.