[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Gohan asks Piccolo to train him again so he can defend his

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 208
Thread images: 52

File: Gohan_Lithograph.png (216KB, 580x356px) Image search: [Google]
Gohan_Lithograph.png
216KB, 580x356px
>Gohan asks Piccolo to train him again so he can defend his family after Frieza almost killed him
>still a stupid faggot scholar many episodes later
>never fucking trains
>Future Trunks even thinks hes a faggot now

Will us gohanfags ever recover? I'm in fucking TEARS right now....
>>
>>144453645
sure you are buddy.
>>
>>144453670
shut up shut up!!!
>>
File: that_feel.jpg (55KB, 539x585px)
that_feel.jpg
55KB, 539x585px
>>144453645
>Will us gohanfags ever recover?
I am beyond recovery. I've been so damaged that my sense of loss has been converted to that of disdain, and now indifference. I don't care anymore. The franchise ended after the Cell saga, that is all I care to acknowledge. I AM THE INDIFFERENT.
>>
>>144453645
>Gohan asks Piccolo to train him again so he can defend his family after Frieza almost killed him
That was just Toei trolling Gohanfags.

>still a stupid faggot scholar many episodes later
He always dreamed of becoming a scholar, deal with it.

>never fucking trains
He doesn't need to, his father is pretty much a god and there's Vegeta too.

He doesn't, Trunks is happy for Gohan.
>>
>>144453645
I've already been in the Acceptance phase of the 5 stages of grief for a while now. I've accepted the fact that Toriyama doesn't give a shit about Dragon Ball anymore and only cares about trolling his fans.
>>
File: Gohanfag triggerd.jpg (208KB, 568x1142px)
Gohanfag triggerd.jpg
208KB, 568x1142px
>>144454417
>>144454709
>>144454742
>>144453670
>>144453645
>>
They should have stopped after GT.

Good ol days are over now.
>>
File: Goodbye Gohan.png (10KB, 320x310px) Image search: [Google]
Goodbye Gohan.png
10KB, 320x310px
>>144455634
>>
File: 1468175081485.png (534KB, 926x777px) Image search: [Google]
1468175081485.png
534KB, 926x777px
>>144455880
>Ow!
>>
>>144456711

It's a laser gun, similar to what Goku got shot with!
>>
>>144453645
I remember during the episode where Trunks meets Pan and she starts flying and Trunks say something like

> She really is Gohan's daughter.

Does that mean he initially thought that Gohan got cucked or got tricked into raising his wife's daughter? He really doesn't seem to like the new Gohan.
>>
>>144457265
He seemed to think the new Gohan is a pansy bitchboi.
>>
>>144453645
Legit?
>>
It wouldn't be so bad if they'd just let Gohan fade out instead of trying to keep semi-relevant in fighting only to have him job against this or that.

Like okay, he wants to be a nerdy faggot, just let him retire instead of constantly going "LOL GOHAN SKIPPED OUT ON HIS TRAINING AGAIN XDXD"
>>
>>144457265
>He really doesn't seem to like the new Gohan.
No, Trunks was amazed of how different things turned out for Gohan in comparison to what happened to Future Gohan, but he really was happy for him.
>>
>>144457806
I don't get where this "being a scholar was his dream" shit came from. It wasn't his dream. It was Chichi's dream. Gohan used to run off with Piccolo to fight and protect his friends even if he hated fighting. The scholar BULLSHIT is shoehorned in.
>>
File: 1468001458581.jpg (1MB, 1910x3056px) Image search: [Google]
1468001458581.jpg
1MB, 1910x3056px
>>144457918
>>
File: Gohan Masenko.png (451KB, 627x516px) Image search: [Google]
Gohan Masenko.png
451KB, 627x516px
>>144453645
If he's a one dimensional scholar now, either make him study something relevant to the plot or stop showing him altogether. There's nothing to be gained from ruining nostalgia.
>>
>>144458017
Chichi filling his brain with poison at a young age.
>>
>>144457603
No OP is just being a faggot as always.
He was just suprised that gohan turned out so different form his past and future self.
At the end of the episode he was even a bit jealous and started to get tears, because if black didn't appear his life would be just like gohans.
>>
>>144453645
Gohanfags sure love to project their own feelings onto the other characters.
>>
>>144458017
You know what really pushes my shit in?
>Gohan as a child wants to be a Scholar.
thats fine.
>During the Sayin invasion he learns he has to be strong to protect those he cares for.
>During the Freeza saga he learns he needs to be stronger to protect those he cares for.
>In the Cell Fight, he flat out has the realization. "I need to be strong and fight to kill to save those I care for" before powering up.
>He watches his father die infront of him, and realizes "I need to be stronger and take fighting serious or else people will die."

Gohan as an adult.
>I slacked off and allowed people to die.
>Please train me Kaioshin, so I can protect people I care for.
>I can now fight on equal footing with you, I guess I will slack off.
>Oh no, I slacked off, people I care for died, and then so did I.
>Gohan revived, world goes on.

Skip too.
>Freeza just killed fucking EVERYBODY! I COULDN'T EVEN POWER UP!

Sounds to me like Gohan is a good character to have a shitty author pinned to him.

He learned his valuable life lesson over and over again, that he needs to be strong and determined to protect people he cares for but forgets it after every arc.
>>
File: what a waste.jpg (149KB, 795x1272px) Image search: [Google]
what a waste.jpg
149KB, 795x1272px
>>144458017
Is it farfetched to say a child mild parrot something one of their parents said?
>>
>>144454709
he was FOUR when he said he wanted to be a scholar. that wasn't him talking, that was what he was forced to say thanks to chichi being the most stereotypical asian parent and expecting the world from a kid that probably couldn't even read yet.

and literally EVERY OTHER TIME we saw gohan before the 7 year timeskip, he was shown to hate homework, be bored of it, and wanting to either go out and play or fight alongside everyone else in order to protect the world. anti-gohanfags use that ONE fucking quote from the cellgames, not understanding the difference between fighting someone to the death and fighting for fun, wanting to protect everyone and just assume gohan would've rather stayed at home. he chose to be there just like he chose to go to namek and to participate up until that point.

and then gohan in highschool STILL wanted to be a hero and couldn't resist showing his power level. he couldn't just be satisfied as a normal student. and of course, he jumped at the chance to fight in the tournament with his dad, blackmail was just an excuse.

super is literally a 180 on his entire fucking character. even if he decided to become a scholar in the end, he wouldn't have just neglected his training after cell and buu. he also shouldn't have lost THAT much power in a few months - 1 year if not training for 7 years before that only barely decreased his power.

and gohan isn't even the only character that super ruined. vegeta reverted back to his inferiority complex he already got over and they made goku full-on retarded when he was smarter than that after the first timeskip in DB.
>>
File: Goku inquires about Gohan.png (2MB, 1629x905px) Image search: [Google]
Goku inquires about Gohan.png
2MB, 1629x905px
>>144458207

Fucking Toei and Toryiama
>>
What does Gohan even study?
>>
>>144458207
it should be a crime what they did to his character after the Cell saga

I can't think of any character in any medium that was butchered liked Gohan
>>
>>144458700
He's either an astronomer or a chemist/physicist, I think.
>>
>>144458267
>>144458580
>>144458207

If it really was just him parroting Chichi's wishes, he wouldn't have become a scholar. He would eventually follow his own dreams without giving a shit to what Chichi wants him to do. Unless he was a fucking pussy from the beginning and just did what mom wanted him to do.

>Gohan as an adult.
>I slacked off and allowed people to die
He slacked off because the world was at peace, so he just did what he felt like doing (studying).

>and literally EVERY OTHER TIME we saw gohan before the 7 year timeskip, he was shown to hate homework, be bored of it
And it was all filler.
>>
>>144458740

Astronomy and Physics actually sound important considering the role that outer space plays in Dragon Ball.

I always thought he was going to be a lawyer or a bureaucrat, which would be an insignificant profession to someone who's saved the world a few times.
>>
>>144458580
I feel like characters run in sort of a cycle.

>Vegeta realizes Goku is stronger than him. Concedes to this, but tries to out-do Goku next story arc.
>Gohan doesn't train, could have saved the day if he did. Trains and helps save the day, then stops training. Pays for his lack of training next story arc.
>Goku is somehow sidelined for most of the story arc, only one actively training so he fights the final boss. Is somehow unprepared for the next fight and is sidelined for the rest of the arc until it's time for the final boss.
>>
File: Omni king.png (419KB, 854x480px) Image search: [Google]
Omni king.png
419KB, 854x480px
Holy shit get over Gohan already. He has wanted to be a scholar since he was little and every time he fought he was forced to do so in a way or another. Earth is finally in peace, his father and his fuckbuddy has literally achieved godhood and the earth is protected by a cat god of destruction since he likes the food. I think It's pretty good time for him to start living his life.
>>
>>144458797
>Unless he was a fucking pussy from the beginning and just did what mom wanted him to do.
Yeah, that's what happened. ChiChi has almost 10 years raising Gohan with no other influences. Even when Goku is there, he's quick to back down when ChiChi wants control of what the kids do.
>>
Gohan had his big moments and his arc is over and finished, time to let it go.

You can always pretend he can be relevant if he just train, much better than Yamcha who is beyond saving.
>>
>>144459353
>implying Yamcha is beyond saving
Fuck you! He'll make a comeback! You'll see!
>>
>>144454742
>Dragonball
>not the Goku and Vegeta Super Show
>>>/out/
>>
>>144455634
>stopped after GT
>not before
The good old days were over a long time ago anon-kun
>>
File: 18 smiles at Marron.png (2MB, 1627x913px) Image search: [Google]
18 smiles at Marron.png
2MB, 1627x913px
>>144459598
>>
>>144458886
>Gohan doesn't train, could have saved the day if he did
Thing is I just dont buy it anymore, Goku is back and Vegeta has his back. Gohan can only aspire to be the new Piccolo which isn't a high position these days.
>>
>>144460157
>aspire to be the new Piccolo
He is literally Bulma's butler.

Gohan is better off never showing up or being mentioned again
>>
>>144458797
>He slacked off because the world was at peace, so he just did what he felt like doing (studying).
True, but let me remind you of something.

Goku told Gohan, as a child, that he is the one who needs to protect everybody now, that was the whole reason he made him fight Cell. Goku even tried to pass that on to Goten and Trunks with Fusion, remember, Goku stated "I could have killed buu, but I wanted the young ones to do it"

Goku tried to tell all of them "I wont be alive forever, you need to be able to protect the world when I am gone"

Gohan slacking off as an teenager was perfectly fine, and him remembering his duty to protect people rekindled, and the massive power up he got from Kaioshin. He even goes as far as calling Buu a fucking retard!

Gohan should have become the essential "we dont need Goku" and Vegita too, if anything, Goku should have been the one slacking the fuck off!
>>
SOON
>>
>>144460269
At this point it's pretty much cemented that most characters are just dead weight in a fight that matters. If Gohan did keep up his training he'd most likely still get his face pushed in because he doesn't have this arcs newest transformation.
>>
>>144460269
>Gohan should have become the essential "we dont need Goku" and Vegita too, if anything, Goku should have been the one slacking the fuck off!
Yeah but that will never happen. Gohan does likes fighting, but not as much as Goku and Vegeta (both literally have fighting-autism).
And since these two are around and reached nearly god-like status, then why the fuck should Gohan even bother with fighting anymore? Dude just wants to chill and enjoy his new family because he knows his father and Vegeta can take care of everything.

>"I wont be alive forever, you need to be able to protect the world when I am gone"
Now they have Goten, Trunks and Pan. They should just pass the torch to them since they seem to enjoy fighting more than Gohan does.
>>
File: Goku cockblocks Goten.png (2MB, 1920x1076px) Image search: [Google]
Goku cockblocks Goten.png
2MB, 1920x1076px
>>144460657
>Now they have Goten, Trunks and Pan. They should just pass the torch to them since they seem to enjoy fighting more than Gohan does.

Goten and Trunks lost interest in fighting. They only care about getting laid.
>>
>>144460534
When Vegeta was able to achieve ssg on his own, and it took Vegeta SEVEN ffing years of training just to reach Gohan's level earlier in the story, imagine how far Gohan could go if he started training seriously for a few years even.
He might theoretically even surpass Goku, which was the implication always up till the Cell saga.
>>
>>144460534
Then here is what needs to desperately need to happen.
>Goku is a fighting nut and dosent care.
>He even wants to fight gods.
>Have him wanna test out the power of a god.
>He pisses off said god.
>God takes away all his fucking power and holds it in a ball in front of him.
>Crushes it to shit.
>This is your punishment for being a spoiled brat.
>Goku can no longer get back to his full power cause fuck you.
>>
>>144461152
>Takes Vegeta's too because fuck Vegeta
>Leaves and never contacts them again
>EoZ power levels are back to what they should be
>>
Do y'all realize gohan is 19-20 and married with a kid now?
By having Pan born so soon they retconned the Z epilogue slightly
>>
File: tumblr_n8crr1XLmt1rcs9gvo1_1280.jpg (277KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_n8crr1XLmt1rcs9gvo1_1280.jpg
277KB, 1280x720px
>>144453645
>Gohan "fans" honestly want him to suffer and do someting he hates.
>>
There's no way Toriyama is actually writing this shit. It doesn't have his same style.
They probably just attached his name to it for all the diehard fans
>>
>>144462444
>Now that my daughter is born, I wont become the strongest to make sure to protect her smile.
>Oh no, Freeza blew up the planet, my wife and daughter are dead, but thanks to Whis turning back time I get a second chance, I promise to become stronger and protect you.
>NAJ JAY KAY IMA JUST BE A WEAK FAGGOT FOREVER AND COUNT ON MY DAD!

>>144462457
>Gohan fags.
How about we just like good story, and the fucking fact they have Gohan state "I need to be stronger". So if they have no intention of him getting strong to protect the ones he loves, they just fuck off with him saying it.

HE EVEN SAYS IT IN THE NEW EPISODE HOW HE NEEDS TO PROTECT HIS PAN!!

Fucking what does he expect, he can train and be a scholar! Shit I work 2 jobs, this motherfucker can surely hit the gym when he gets home. By gym I mean the same shit Vegita works out in.
>>
>>144462604
The "I need to get stronger" part is most likely Toei shit though.
>>
>>144462457
A character is always more interesting when they do something they don't want to do. It's part of a thing called conflict. A good story needs a good conflict to be interesting.

Goku, for example, doesn't like doing regular stuff, and those moments are when he is most entertaining.
>>
File: 1190852724140.jpg (25KB, 588x418px) Image search: [Google]
1190852724140.jpg
25KB, 588x418px
>>144458718
>I can't think of any character in any medium that was butchered liked Gohan
Videl
>>
>>144461495
>fuck Vegeta

Fuck you. Your man crush has actually beaten a main villain. At least Vegeta trains to protect his family and will pass on his knowledge to Future Trunks so that he could protect his timeline. Between him, Goku, and Gohan, he deserves power the most.
>>
File: videl change.png (2MB, 1630x1802px) Image search: [Google]
videl change.png
2MB, 1630x1802px
>>144462457
>>144463124

He doesn't hate fighting. He just doesn't seek it like Goku and Vegeta. Gohan fights to protect. Goten and Trunks fight for fun.

>>144463165
>Videl

That is a true shame, she's like an empty shell now
>>
>>144463237

No, anon. Vegeta has murdered many. He needs to suffer more to repent. He needs to lose his God powers.
>>
>>144463237
Vegeta wasn't thinking about protecting family while seeking his power. The one thing on his mind was surpassing Goku.
>>
>>144462733
No matter whoes shit it is, we all saw the result of what happened.

Goku wasn't around to protect them, Gohan couldn't even power up and fainted when he tried. Gohan watched his entire family die and said "I need to get strong again"

He had a moment of realization, that he needs to protect his family, not Goku, not Vegita, but him.

Its a character arc, as an adult, and they cant even follow a simple fucking character arc!
>>
>>144463485
I'd like to see Toei at least toss Gohan a bone with a filler villain, but after seeing how Trunks and Goten's space adventure played out, even that is asking for too much.
>>
>>144457606
??? That's why he didn't go to the tournament retard
>>
>>144463370
You know what strikes me as bullshit.
Vegita is living proof that you need to be able to defend your planet, his former job was exterimination of a planets people.
>>
>>144460534
>he doesn't have this arcs newest transformation

He didn't have ssj3 or use a fusion and still became the single strongest fighter during Buu.

His thing is having 'mystic' which is basically just a bullshit card Tori can pull whenever for justifying Gohan pulling ahead without training overnight.
>>
>>144462604
Holy shit shut the fuck up you faggot, why are you spazzing out about a Chinese cartoon character
>>
File: bad (2).jpg (26KB, 630x360px) Image search: [Google]
bad (2).jpg
26KB, 630x360px
>>144460309
it always makes me laugh seeing people draw Super in the OLD style of Toei DBZ
>>
File: WDYTWA.png (936KB, 644x644px)
WDYTWA.png
936KB, 644x644px
>>144463922
>>
>>144463922
>Comes to a thread to discuss a anime's story.
>Discussions happen.
Maybe you just have shit opinions with nothing to add and those feefee's get hurt to easily.

Perhaps you should go to Reddit, and start a thread titled "gohanfags get out" so you can all circle jerk one another.
>>
>>144463299
>changed her hair style and is really happy and smiling all the time
he fucked the anger out of her with that super saiyan dick
>>
File: 011.jpg (149KB, 1139x716px) Image search: [Google]
011.jpg
149KB, 1139x716px
>>144464213
>>
File: Laughing Vegeta.gif (352KB, 500x300px) Image search: [Google]
Laughing Vegeta.gif
352KB, 500x300px
>>144463485
>be Gohan
>master the SSJ form to the point he could actually live the rest of his days in SSJ form as a kid
>become teenager
>Majin Buu
>goes SSJ2 with a little effort
>a couple years later
>Frieza's not dead..... again
>"oh noes I cannot super sannn pls halp daddy"
>eventually goes SSJ
>passes out
>mfw
>>
>>144464213
He fucked the personality out of her too.
>>
File: image.jpg (99KB, 520x356px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
99KB, 520x356px
>>144464325
Gohanfags are such cucks
>>
File: Gohanfag watches DB Super ep 52.png (2MB, 1921x1079px) Image search: [Google]
Gohanfag watches DB Super ep 52.png
2MB, 1921x1079px
>>144464325

D-DELETE THIS!
>>
File: i wanna that saiyan 2.png (61KB, 346x511px) Image search: [Google]
i wanna that saiyan 2.png
61KB, 346x511px
>>144464384
>Mai

I want to hold her hands
>>
>>144453645
no he's Super's Yamcha
they even went through the same hair styles
>>
>>144464325
>Gohan passes out from exhaustion.
>Freeza just starts laughing so hard he falls out of his hoveround.
>Z fighters all look at him in shock and horror.
>Roshi deflates and walks up to Freeza.
Eh, just kill us, this shit is shameful, I'm done, end our pain
>Lifts his staff up and sudoku's himself.
>>
>>144463485
>Its a character arc, as an adult, and they cant even follow a simple fucking character arc!
Because that character arc never existed anon. It was just Toei's writers coming up with something, not considering that Toriyama was talking in interviews like becoming a scholar was the end of Gohan's story. And now he likely wrote the bit about Gohan not being a fighter anymore this episode, which meant that they had to forget all their additions to Revival F. Really, at this point, it's clear that people should recommend watching the movies over the series for the first 28 episodes. It's clear that most changes done to the movies weren't really coming from Toriyama at all.
>>
>>144465109
Let me ask a question, and its something that bugged the shit out of me, and one of you may know.

We had different artist during Z animating the series, and it showed badly.

Do we also have different screen writers per episode? Is this some Soap Opera level shit where they hire and fire new writers every 4 weeks?
>>
>>144463485
>No matter whoes shit it is, we all saw the result of what happened.

The main issue is that Toei's version of Revival F increased Gohan's suffering, like the whole bit with him getting tortured by Freeza and Piccolo dying for him, alongside him being unable to keep SSJ for long - all that was leading to his renewed will to train - which went directly against Toriyama's story.

There was supposed to be no despair and realization, just Trunks getting hit by a surprise attack in base, Piccolo rescuing him and then everyone powering up together to call Goku like in the movie. Disregard the changes that Super did to those events.
>>
File: 195.jpg (9KB, 195x195px) Image search: [Google]
195.jpg
9KB, 195x195px
>>144464387
At least you can pretend he matters in an alternate time line
>>
File: SSJ4 z fighters.jpg (1MB, 1280x1728px) Image search: [Google]
SSJ4 z fighters.jpg
1MB, 1280x1728px
>>144465268

Goku was so proud of Gohan in the trailer, it hurts.
>>
>>144465248
>Do we also have different screen writers per episode?
There's Toriyama writing an overall outline, which seems to be very vague at points and a full script at others, and, yes, each episode also has different writers actually working on the final script. For example, the first few episodes of the Trunks arc had a writer new to the show, which is likely why we saw stuff like SSJ2 and 3 being used again by multiple characters after no one bothered with them in the tournament.

The old Z anime also used a similar system, although at least in that case there was the actual manga.
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (118KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
118KB, 1920x1080px
>>144465351
Oh if only
>>
>>144465263
>There was supposed to be no despair and realization, just Trunks getting hit by a surprise attack in base,

Wait, I meant Gohan.
>>
>>144465388
I'll never understand why Extreme Butoden made Gohan's signature attack some dragon punch thing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nCEUooJN3zM

Still, it's the first localized game with SSJ4 Gohan in some form.
>>
File: fusions.png (2MB, 1281x681px) Image search: [Google]
fusions.png
2MB, 1281x681px
>>144465567
Someone get Fusions localized
>>
B-B-B-BUT MUH TORIYAMA
>>
Us gohanfags need to stick together and show Toriyama we mean business
>>
>there are people who believe that Toriyama still cares about the Dragonball franchise
Why do you think he only does short rough drafts of major plot points for Toei to work with?
>>
>>144466027

I'm here brother
>>
>>144466027
>implying that will convince Toriyama to include Gohan being anything more than a Yamcha clone as major plot point for convince Toei to through Gohan in there somewhere to expand on Toriyama's rough drafts
>>
>>144466027
I wish that was something that could work.
>>
>>144466027
>implying he will give a shit
He'll probably decide to make Gohan even shittier and irrelevant.
>>
>>144466138
>>144466201
>>144466256
>>144466301
What's his fax number? I want to send him a VERY angry message and tell him we need Gohan back to normal.
>>
>>144466365
>I want to send him a VERY angry message and tell him we need Gohan back to normal
But he will just laugh his ass off if you do that, pham.
>>
>>144466479
It's going to contain exclamation marks after every sentence though...
>>
File: enough.jpg (60KB, 794x794px) Image search: [Google]
enough.jpg
60KB, 794x794px
>>144466027
>>144466053
>>144466138
>>144466201
>>144466256
>>144466301
>>144466365
>>144466479
>>144466547

Some of you guys are alright, don't go to Toei's studios tomorrow
>>
File: Blue Gohan.png (500KB, 1600x1268px) Image search: [Google]
Blue Gohan.png
500KB, 1600x1268px
>>144466555
No. Toei is not the enemy. They set up Gohan for a comeback that was ignored. Toriyama is the true enemy.
>>
File: 1463881398158.gif (488KB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
1463881398158.gif
488KB, 640x360px
>>144466027
>>144466365
>>144466547
>>
File: Ultimate_Gohan_GT.png (195KB, 527x358px) Image search: [Google]
Ultimate_Gohan_GT.png
195KB, 527x358px
>>144466634

Toei Gohan was at least capable of staying in shape
>>
File: tequilagohan.png (59KB, 364x434px) Image search: [Google]
tequilagohan.png
59KB, 364x434px
>>144466027
Then start drawing faggot. God mode, yaoi tier, spread the words of your savior and maybe, just maybe they give him another 5 min for himself
>>
File: Black-t.gif (2MB, 540x304px)
Black-t.gif
2MB, 540x304px
>>144466027
All your efforts will be in vain. The most you'll be able to accomplish is making Gohan suffer.
>>
>>144467126
It's you again! Leave Gohan alone
>>
File: dragon-ball-heroes.jpg (29KB, 611x458px) Image search: [Google]
dragon-ball-heroes.jpg
29KB, 611x458px
SSJ4 Broly and Gohan? Shit looks pretty dope.
>>
>>144466634
not even his fault (even if he has a part of responsibilities), all the source's problem are the original jap fan that complain and didn't want Gohan to be the next MC after Cell. Those fucker deserve more than death
>>
>>144467378
Not true. Gohan was popular after killing Cell. The fall of Gohan is all on Toriyama.

>I intended to put Gohan into the leading role. It didn’t work out. I felt that compared to Goku, he was ultimately not suited for the part.
http://www.kanzenshuu.com/translations/daizenshuu-2-akira-toriyama-super-interview/
>>
>>144467256
Only when you realize the truth. Gohan's only going to job if he stays in the story. He won't become strong again. If you keep pushing for him to be in the story it will only serve to make Trunks suffer more.

You'll be responsible for robbing Gohan of his smile. You will fail to protect it.
>>
File: GOHAN (2).gif (2MB, 540x300px) Image search: [Google]
GOHAN (2).gif
2MB, 540x300px
>>144467493

I'm gonna protect Gohan's smile and Trunk's from you!
>>
>>144453645
>giving a fuck about gohan and not knowing he was destined to be nothing despite all the constant implications that he isn't a warrior

>instead not thinking about how piccolo has literally become the other krillin
after binging on old school Dragonball again I have a newfound respect for piccolo. I kind of get why Toriyama thinks Vegeta is shit and Piccolo is bad ass. watching him be reduced to fodder is really disheartening. everything was interesting and creative then whoops anyone important has to be a Super Saiyan.
seriously though Vegeta is an annoying as fuck when you think about it. Piccolo is a way more interesting character if you actually knew anything before Dragonball Z.

The only thing keeping this show on its feet is a dried up well of alien monkey + gold aura = big number and punches.
the only enjoyable thing about super is that Beerus is a thing. its like the big fat fuck you to power levels and the power creep.
>>
>every DB thread now is about gohanfagging around
Isnt this getting old?

And Gohan finally joined the team of every human, wifes, kids, Piccolo, Buu, etc. That team that will just be there for supporting moral for Goku and Beejita-sama while Beerus and Whis are just there doing nothing just eating shit for "comedy relief" of some sort.
>>144467694
I found funny how Piccolo can still understand the fights better than Vegeta, or Goku sometimes, and he needs to explain Vegeta why a character did this or that.
It's kinda sad in the end because Piccolo was an interesting character and he knows how to fight better than others, but since he isn't a saiyan he cannot be as strong as them.

Tenshinhan for example was another genius, to a point he did a ton of ki blasts attacks in early-mid DB and how he learned the kamehameha just by looking once. Tenshin trains like every day, meditates like Piccolo does to get a better ki control, can he be strong and useful? No, because no, only saiyans are the special snowflake of the universe.
At least Krillin, that was pretty good back then, the only thing he always wanted was to have a girlfriend. That's why he wanted to be a martial artist and he got the reward in the end.
>>
>>144455591
Shouldn't the last panel of that be him injuring himself by powering up too hard, since that's Gohan now?
>>
>>144469219

He trained anon, it's alright
>>
>>144454709

>He doesn't need to, his father is pretty much a god and there's Vegeta too.
didn't help against frieza tho.
>>
>>144453645
Super just full of contradiction to be ven called canon.
1. dragonball only has 1 wish
2 pilaf become children again eventhough dragonball can never fucked up because it'shinted a lot it can read people's heart.
3 shenron only has 1 wish
4. no bulla
5 ssb doesn't need ritual eventhough god ki was said only to be achieved through god ki
6. SSB actually stronger than SSG eventhough so whis doesn't tell beerus
7 messed up contradictory power scale. power scale of ssb kk 10 goku must be 9 times stronger than beerus but actually it's weaker than beerus.
8. dinosaurs extinction
9. future trunks return directly to original timeline
10. pilaf gang can still survive in the midle of nowhere when turned in to kids.
11. future mai still young despite no dragonball in future trunks timeline
12. ssgss can be performed eventhough never turned into SSG.

It's more like SUPER CONTRADICTIONS or FANFICTION! Super cannot be accepted as canon because full of contradiction. Am i right. So GT is the only canon sequel.
>>
>>144469684
Go to bed, Jorge
>>
for me i dont even care if gohan is a fighter anymore i just want him to be in the story. Hes supposedly one of the main character but yet hes literally absent for 85% of Super. What is the point really?
>>
>>144467426
Let's be honest, it'd be another Tetsuya Tsurugi. Japan still doesn't forgive Tetsuya for taking the mantle from Kouji Kabuto
>>
File: gohankame.png (261KB, 278x417px) Image search: [Google]
gohankame.png
261KB, 278x417px
The best Gohan
>>
>>144467426
that's because the direction they took with Gohan was the wrong direction. Fucking Toriyama destroyed him with the Great Saiyaman Schtick. Then when you add the fact that the Bojack movie was shit (and just a rethread of the Cell Saga ending), it did nothing but throw shade in Gohan's character.

What Toriyama should've done was emphasize his Destiny to be the Earth's true protector when Goku isn't there, just like what the unaltered timeline implied.

but no, we just pranced around and made him look like an idiot in a costume
>>
>>144453645
Gohan has become a nu male
>>
File: 1469000540309.jpg (1MB, 1988x3056px) Image search: [Google]
1469000540309.jpg
1MB, 1988x3056px
you know what the biggest irony is?

DC just made a Better Gohan than what Toriyama can do
>>
>>144473860
who?
>>
What show fucked over Gohan more, GT or Super?
>>
File: Gohan_v_turles_6.png (347KB, 851x455px) Image search: [Google]
Gohan_v_turles_6.png
347KB, 851x455px
>>144453645
IMO what Gohan really needs is a rival. I really think this could bring out something interesting for him. it doesn't have to be a vegeta tier rival just some dude to push him past his limits.
>>
>>144474028
so far? Super. but Super has the possibility of redemption
>>
>>144474001
Current Superboy. Literally a half-Kryptonian that has sudden outbursts of heightened superpowers whenever angered.

He's also Post-Crisis Supes' and Lois' son
>>
In Dragon Ball Online they made Gohan a scholar who wrote about KI control for a new generation of warriors.

It would have been cool to see them take that route in Super if they were going to make him a worthless fighter.
>>
>>144474028
I don't see anybody become weaker and actually anybody become stronger in GT. People think GT powerscale is messy because they're hater that barely watch the anume and don't think that GT as whole adding a lot of technical advantage including the opponent often using trickery to make Goku and co let their guard down in almost every arc of GT.
>>
>>144474028
People often complain about super 17 arc as non sensical because power level. People don't that super 17 only confirmed taking damage from ssj 4 self destruct blast but none other attack that proven gave damage to super 17 other than that. The prove was that only goku self destruct ki blast that make super 17 android bleeding.
>>
File: no pupils.jpg (1MB, 1988x3056px)
no pupils.jpg
1MB, 1988x3056px
>>144473860
>>144474110

Better
>>
File: GT Gohan infected.png (962KB, 1285x715px) Image search: [Google]
GT Gohan infected.png
962KB, 1285x715px
>>144474028
>>144474192

He had access to his powers in GT, too
>>
>>144464265
Yeah I'm gonna need a source for that
>>
File: Cell saga.png (299KB, 774x277px) Image search: [Google]
Cell saga.png
299KB, 774x277px
>>144474624

Artist is Garland, anon.
>>
File: DragonFist.jpg (62KB, 503x382px) Image search: [Google]
DragonFist.jpg
62KB, 503x382px
>>144474355
Injured base Goku > Super Saiyan 4 Goku according to that fight.
>>
ORE WA TSUUPA BEGETA
>>
Let me lay it down for you guys to how i understand it.

Gohan just isnt a character to Toriyama anymore. He is just there same as all the other Z fighters. Tien/Krillin/Yamcha/Piccolo/Buu/ChiChi/Goten Are all just background characters now. the only characters who have growth atm is. Goku/Vegeta Bulma/Jacco Berrus/Whis. and now Trunks for his Arc. None of theese background characters will have Arcs again or growth because Toriyama simply dosent care, to him they are all done stories
>>
>>144453645
As an actual Gohanfag I don't want him to return at all.

Toriyama has resolved progressively run the series further and further into a bottomless shithole. Just leave Gohan out of it or kill him off.

If you have to pull Goku and Vegeta into it the fine, but leave out the rest of the characters. You don't even need them for this series anyways.
>>
>>144475929
Forgot to mention that in later years it was mentioned at Gohan was actually a genius who developed technology to help people use Ki
>>
File: 1465494820241.jpg (29KB, 640x480px)
1465494820241.jpg
29KB, 640x480px
>>144453645
Why didnt gohan detect black gokus evil ki when he came? Did he get so weak after freeza that he cant even feel ki anymore?
>>
>>144476118
No one other than Vegeta and Goku are allowed to be relevant, and Vegeta is only allowed to be relevant if Goku immediatly becoms several orders of magnitude more relevant within the same episode.
>>
All I got from thks thread is that the Z Warriors are terrible at their jobs
>>
>>144476310
Wouldnt be hard to fix desu, Just have Goku n Vegeta fuck off for training and put in a villan who is on their level. Toriyama is so fixated on power scaling he cant seem to go backwards for the Z fighters to get involved
>>
>>144476361
What would be the point of having a low level threat show up if Goku can just teleport back and punch the threat then return to training within the same minute?
>>
http://vidya.imode.jp
>>
>>144476403
>What would be the point
fuck off Toriyama
Give everyone else some time
>>
>>144476432
You'll have to suck his dick for it...
>>
>>144476432
The only purpose the side characters serve is to pad out the plot for Goku and Vegeta.

The sooner you accept that the sooner you'll start to enjoy the series. Or at the very least, understand the series.
>>
It's funny because Gohanfags are the reason he's weak as shit

You complained when he went SSJ in BOG so now he can't go SSJ or "Mystic" hahaha
>>
>>144476403
>>144476432
I've always felt that Instant Transmission ruined DB because Goku can be anywhere he needs to be at any time and is always either A) strong enough to win or B) has the ability to become stronger so that he can win eventually, so either he's winning or he's training, and it's reduced to "let's buy Goku time".
If Goku lost his ability to IT, or if he lost the ability to sense ki so that he couldn't automatically tell from the other side of the universe when someone was in trouble, there would be opportunity for other characters to do stuff. That, or have Goku not care about others getting hurt, which is unlikely.
>Goku gets a power-up so strong that he can no longer feel anything other than himself
or
>Goku goes Kaio-ken again and fucks up his body so he can't do one of those anymore
or something.
>>
>>144475602
What, no wtf. You meant almost die by self destruct ki blast from ssj 4 and stated opening his guard or guardless super android 17 is defeated by base goku with dragon fist special technique?
>>
>>144477005
>there would be opportunity for other characters to do stuff
Not really. Its still the same concept as 'Wait for goku, just hold out'
they need to make lower class villains for the Z fighters to battle. Its ok to have a big bad guy, but have some minions that the Z fighters can train for or surpass some limmits
>>
>>144469684
>dragonball only has 1 wish
They do have more, no one evee asks for more
>pilaf's gang became children again
We didn't saw the wish so we don't know the wording used
>no bulla
I am sure she's coming at the end of this saga
>ssb doesn't need a ritual
Training nigga
>must be 9 times stronger than Beerus
Implying Beerus went full strength on SSG. Even Whis called out on the lie of "I'm using all my power" just to get Goku riled up
>future trunks
Time machine nigga, ain't no need to explain shit just roll with it
>future mai still young
How do you know the wish wasn't asked before the android saga? They never appeared in Z
>SSG
Training nigga Goku can jump straight into SS2 or 3 without passing through the previous forms.
>>
>>144477180
1. you can't because shenron always ask another wish
2. impossible shenron never fucked up no matter the wording
3.i doubt with this timeline mess
4. it cannot be because ssb it's stated power up from ssg and require god ki so it need ssg
5. this is from toriyama not from anime
6,time machine cannot do that in the manga. because in the manga with one setting the ending was many timeline and possibility
7.if before android saga mai would be way older but future mai was very young
8. goku cannot do that before achieving previous form first. goku got all of them in order not skipping anything.
>>
Gohan out the new hotness in
>>
>>144477180
>>144463514
Ask in here so it will be easier to answer all of the questions.
>>
>>144457806
Why future trunks hair was blue now ? Why super contradict z and manga a lot?
>>
Gohanfags are obnoxious as hell.

Do you retards seriously just want another Goku? Gohan only fights when he needs to. Goku fights for fun. Gohan doesn't need to fight right now, so he won't.

Are you retarded? Trunks is happy for him. Trunks even envies him. Trunks wants to live in a future where he can focus on his family instead of being some hardass brooding warrior like his dad, which is exactly what Gohan accomplished.

Gohan will NEVER EVER be a le epic badass saiyan boi ever again. Get used to it.

You know who REALLY got fucked over? Piccolo. Piccolo is actually a warrior unlike Gohan, and yet he's been reduced to baby sitting and cabbage picking. Bitch about actual ruined characters, not ones that had character development.
>>
File: trunks.jpg (230KB, 685x700px)
trunks.jpg
230KB, 685x700px
>>144477638
Toriyama always made Trunks' hair matched his mom. The problem stemmed from Toei's inconsistency regarding Bulma's hair color not being purple.
Now that she's a solid blue, Toriyama forced them to make Trunks the same solid blue.
>>
>>144478890
I miss Toriyama's new art style
>>
>>144478890
totallyno that's so random even kid trunk has different hair you're grasping very thi straw. the old color always has been correct. this is contradicting the manga and the manga is not from toei jurisdiction.
>>
>>144477180
That dude is retarded, don't bother answering him.
>>
File: bulma.jpg (69KB, 635x470px)
bulma.jpg
69KB, 635x470px
>>144479188
>the old color always has been correct.
correct according to fucking who?
According to Toriyama Bulma's canon manga hair color was purple (definitive and proven once again in the Recolored "Kanzenban" rerelease.)
The family duo has always been designed to be matching by Toriyama.
>>
File: Gokuh.jpg (405KB, 1280x1137px) Image search: [Google]
Gokuh.jpg
405KB, 1280x1137px
There a new rumor going around that Goku will die and be resurrected by Zamasu

What's you're "opinion" on this?
>>
File: BlameToei.jpg (610KB, 1588x1832px) Image search: [Google]
BlameToei.jpg
610KB, 1588x1832px
>>144479188
Blame Toei, besides the initial 3 or so chapters, Bulma has always consistently being purple.
>>
Discussing DBS and grievances does not matter. Toei is incompetent and Toriyama is out of touch with what made his characters likable. Nobody producing DBS is capable of creating something good. No need to take insult with what they have done to the characters. Just like you wouldn't feel bad if a child butchered a telling of your favorite story, you shouldn't feel bad about DBS butchering everything DB.
>>
Oh my god the QUALITY in episode 24 is off the fucking chain. Someone post Vegeta swinging his arm around and freeza and goku sending energy balls at each other.

>>144453645
Don't forget Gohan was orignally trained under piccilo to start with. Fighting dinosaurs and shit.
>>
>>144460157
>Thing is I just dont buy it anymore
I'm pretty sure Toriyama means us to believe that if Gohan actually cares about training, he ends up being stronger than Goku and Vegeta.

So I would believe it, but he'd have to train for awhile before I did, and he'd probably have to be trained by Goku or some other god.
>>
>>144479699
but super color is not purple but fucking blue.
>>
>>144480000
that's my fucking point idiot. Because Toei made a mistake and made her blue, they resorted to retconning Trunks to match her.
>>
>>144479496
The fuck are you talking about future trunks hair ins super is fucking blue.
>>
>>144480000
Jesus fucking Christ
>>
>>144480024
>>144480045
You fucking idiots. that's my point super color is wrong.
>>
>>144480099
it doesn't matter if it's fucking wrong, that's besides the point. The point is they purposefully match it to Bulma to keep intact the maternal bond it represents.
>>
>>144480099
>dumbass doesn't understand anything people explain to him
>even quotes his own post and calls himself an idiot
Top kek, this is pure gold.
>>
>>144480149
>>144480185
Idiots so why kid trunk has purple hair instead of blue? so no kid trunk is adopted kid huh ?
>>
>>144480259
> now
>>
>>144480259
Toei is retarded. There, mystery solved.
>>
>>144480331
No it 's mean contradiction.
>>
Super just full of fanfiction level writing. A baby flying in outer space this shit is sponge bob level of randomness.
>>
>>144480259
Because the Retcon Toriyama forces in the new Future Trunks arc came after Super was already in production with our established colors.
>>
>>144480462
It was supposedly the outer atmosphere. Same goes for the other heroes that stood out in "space"
>>
>>144480467
You can stop being tryhard defending super. Super just pile of shitty mess. copy arc, inconsistent statement and power level. the bullshit time skip arch that goku can move in time skip. holy fuck this is elementary level logic there.
>>
>>144480511
heck no it is outer space from the looks of the surrounding
>>
>>144480576
Super being shitty and retconning a hair color is two different subjects you retard
>>
>>144480660
Idiot, i wonder because DB is for kid you're also an underage with illiterate trait. Learn english before replying kid.
>>
>>144480743
Nah I don't give a fuck what you think. English isn't even my first language and I know I made a grammatical error last lost but I'm posting through my phone and I don't give a fuck.
>>
>>144480780
I don't even talk about your english grammar. I talked about that you're an illiterate that cannot at least read english sentences or words correctly.
>>
>>144480866
Not him, but the same can be said about you.
>>
>>144480866
No how did this turn into you crying about Super's quality when clearly the post you replied to was mentioning the retcon of a hair color? How about you start by having a coherent thought.
>>
>>144480930
Not me. i'm not an illiterate faggot that cannot decipher sentences,
>>
>>144480866
Your grammar and writing skills are just as bad as anyone else rushing to post replies. You are in no place to judge anyone else's grammar or reading comprehension with your shitty writing.
>>
>>144480935
How about you start by not living on stone age.
Are you living on stone age because clearly that has been spoken far enough and you're clearly late by 1000 years behind. Your imaginary retcon hair make the original trunk look like an adopted child because of different hair color.
>>
>>144481041
I already mentioned why I think the hair colors are the way they are Jose.
Amigo you need to get your shit together if you can't comprehend this simple retcon.
Kid Trunks was already established in Super so they didn't retcon him mid show. Only Future Trunks and Future Bulma got retconned to match present Bulma.
You comprehende amigo?
>>
>>144480987
You're an idiot is this you mr iliterate. oh my fucking god. In where that i have tried to judge her grammar skill. Can you even read english or you need tou use 100 types of google translate before posting. Fuck off. What is your first language and your english level grade?
>>
>>144481127
The only illiterate here is you Sanchez
>>
>>144481119
>retcon because i said so
That's not fucking retcon super itself just random mess that cannot be accepted as canonsequel because full of plotholes. It is just non canon filler.
>>
>>144481186
It's a retcon because Toriyama himself changed something that was previously established. Even if the show has plot inconsistencies that's besides the fucking point.
Why am I even arguing with a dumb Mexican that's calling others illiterate?
>>
>>144481164
>name calling because losing argument
Fuck off idiot.
>>
Does Goku not care his son became a whimp? I mean even Vegeta showed disappointment
>>
>>144481300
I'm not losing this argument at all you dumb spic. You're the one that's name calling and throwing a tantrum because you don't respect Super as a true sequel. I'm sorry I hit a nerve, do you despise being a dirty 5 peso fuck boy?
>>
>>144481247
Because you're the dumb illiterate mexican.
Toriyama changed what you're just imagining and deluding?
Not even all the material has similar story every source material of dragon super contradict each other and not even consistent.
>>
>ITT people taking dbz seriously
It's a meme shonen for 13 year olds seriously. Didn't you learn that when you were 13 yourselves?
>>
>>144481361
I'm done here, looks like you went full retard and this argument is just a lopsided joke now.
>>
>>144481366
>implying we ever grew up

People wouldn't be browsing /a/ otherwise
>>
>>144481333
>low iq idiot underage try to insult
i understand because your iq is so low you need to resort name calling you may have a brain cancer who know. If your brain cannot be used stop,posting, idiot. fuck off it seems i talked to brain cancer patient now .
>>
>>144481400
It is true you idiot. the basic number of wishes in each material that shenron gave not even same for each material. Just look how rof arc was.
Thread posts: 208
Thread images: 52

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.