[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Historical Japan

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

File: 4596591-samurai.jpg (573KB, 958x1625px) Image search: [Google]
4596591-samurai.jpg
573KB, 958x1625px
Why don't they make anime set in historical Japan anymore? It's such a cool setting, with samurai and ninja and shogun and all that. You can even throw in some vaguely Buddhist / Shinto mythology in there like youkai and kappa and kitsune and asian dragons and miko's casting spells and all that if you don't want realism.
>>
>>144434080
Samurai Champloo.
>>
>>144434080
No. It's fucking garbage.

There's only a handful of decent Nobunaga/Samurai anime out of the hundreds that already exist.

Exact same thing with Japanese folklore.
>>
>>144434080
Because it won't sell
>>
>>144434179
that was over 10 years ago, and while there have been a few since, but I don't think there were any recently.

>>144434187
>hundreds of garbage harem anime
>hundreds of garbage shounen fight anime
>hundreds of garbage moeshit anime
>only a handful are good in each genre
>so no more of any of those!

>>144434212
sad truth
>>
>>144434361
And they all sell to some degree.

Not only is Samurai anime shit, it sells like it too.
>>
>>144434080
just watch kurosawa films or something.
Aren't you a weeb or something?
>>
Jidaigeki is so shit that you need to appropriate another genre's style to make it bearable.
>>
>>144434080
There was that one show a year ago or so set in the Meiji era with a prison for rebellious samurai on an island and three brothers who work as government dogs against their fellow samurai, but I think only like five people on /a/ watched it.
It had secret ninja clans and Orochi and all that other stuff weebs love.
>>
Just watch Shichinin no Samurai.
>>
>>144434612
name?
>>
I would like to see a anime/manga about Pre-Samurai Japan like Akoya Tsutaya or about the Ainu (Golden Kamui) or the ancient Ryukyu Kingdom of Okinawa.
>>
File: TEA_FOR_LIFE.jpg (77KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
TEA_FOR_LIFE.jpg
77KB, 1280x720px
>>144434080
>Nobody in the thread have TEA FOR UNIVERSE, TEA FOR LIFE

Does the fork joining the Warrior and the Aesthete truly exist?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tTS2uRObVP4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hc7PWQHYSSA
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.