[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Does anyone else feel as though /a/ has changed their opinion

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 8

File: generic.jpg (409KB, 1920x1200px) Image search: [Google]
generic.jpg
409KB, 1920x1200px
Does anyone else feel as though /a/ has changed their opinion on many shows that they have watched and enjoyed?
>inb4 bait
some of my first anime where SAO and AOT and i thoroughly enjoyed these at the time, i thought they were top tier shit. Over the course of me browsing /a/ all the shit posting, bad mouthing and normie shaming have made me feel as if these are shit shows, even though i remember them being amazing.
>>
>>144422544

Either you're made of putty or the show wasn't as fantastic as you thought it was. Probably a little of both.

If you actually like a show, you can get past its flaws and still love it, even shows beyond saving. Just because you see some criticism or hate for something doesn't make it bad, either. Acknowledging the bad is good, because it makes you realize whatever you like isn't perfect, but the doesn't always cancel out all the good. You could love Sword Art Online or Attack on Titan simply for the animation, for example.

Don't let someone's hate or dislike deter you from liking or loving something.
>>
>>144422544
>>144422867
This is accurate, while it can be argued there's a certain amount of objectivity in critique when viewed through the lens of cultural trends, at the end of the day your own opinion is swayed largely by personal taste.

For example I like certain types of music for superficial reasons even though they're largely derivative or cloying, and that's just a part of what makes up my own taste. I like Sora no Woto probably more than it deserves given all of its flaws, but it strikes a very particular chord with me. The important thing is that I know the difference between what is an aspect of my own taste and what is actually good. I can separate the two without hindering my enjoyment of media. That's what thinking critically means. Understanding why you like or dislike something and being able to speak intelligently about it.

So maybe you like SAO because you're a sucker for a power fantasy, or you like AoT because that particular type of action just does it for you. The only way that would make you stupid or wrong would be if you suggested that they were good in a more general sense, or that other people should like them as well.

Learning to understand your own taste will help you better understand media.

Also SAO and AoT are mostly trashed here because they're seen as more popular than they deserve to be. They're probably 5/10 and 6/10 shows respectively, but everybody constantly shits on them because they became crossover hits despite their mediocrity.
>>
>>144422544
YOU HAVE SHIT TASTE! SHIT TASTE!

MY OPINIONS ARE OBJECTIVELY BETTER THAN YOURS AND YOU SHOULD KICK THE CHAIR YOU FUCKING DEGENERATE DOUBLE FAGGOT.
>>
>>144422544
>some of my first anime where SAO and AOT
>normie
Fuck off /v/.
>>
Lurk 2 years before posting.
>>
>>144422544
Look at this faggot trying to start a discussion.
>>
>>144422544

/a/ always flip flops opinions based on how the shitposting is going. The collective /a/ hive mind would make a great politician if it could win the election against reddit
>>
>>144424688

Yeah I know where the fuck does he think he is an anime discussion image board? Let's boo this man and give him a collective /a "fuck off to reddit"
>>
>>144422544
>yet ANOTHER SAO thread
don't you have anything better to do than keep spamming these threads daily?
>>
>>144422867
>>144424420
What the fuck are you doing? You're supposed to call OP a faggot and tell him to fuck off like what >>144424522 >>144424625 >>144424672 and >>144424688 did.
>>
>>144426338

Sometimes you need to help the little babs find their wings so they can fly with the rest.

Even if it's just bait.
>>
/a/ never changes my opinion on anything. That's why Shin Sekai Yori stills the best anime of the 2010s and the Index franchise stills shit for me. But with SAO everyone agrees that Alfheim/Fairy Dance killed the hype and the point of the view of many anons.

GGO were an return to the SAO atmosphere but became nothing than just hype.
>>
Yo, Alicization is perty gud
>>
File: image.png (24KB, 240x240px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
24KB, 240x240px
>>144426795
>Shin Sekai Yori
>good
you got good taste
>>
>>144422544
I still think they're amazing, and look forward to more seasons of both.
>>
>>144422544

I thought SAO was pretty good when I first watched it. What changed that for me was watching more and more anime that I thought was fantastic. Thinking back to SAO, I realise that while it was fun to watch, nothing particularly stands out about it, nor does it merit praise in any category from plot to visuals to music.

As other anons have stated, objectivity is important in judging an anime, but it doesn't mean personal opinion is worthless. My own personal experience has been that watching more series, both popular and unpopular, has helped me to develop a more objective viewpoint. I love a good story more than anything, and so when the power fantasy of SAO originally hooked me, I didn't care too much about what I was watching. Presently, however, I'm able to look back and see that SAO was fun, but ultimately left wanting.

As for /a/ affecting your opinions, it happens. It's very hard to have a room full of people giving you one opinion and to have an opinion that runs contrary to that. Just like objectivity, personal opinion needs to be separated from mob mentality. It's easy to hate something because everyone else hates it. If you truly care about what you yourself think, however, you have to make an effort to put aside perceived prejudices and decide for yourself.
>>
I want Kirito to stay double-braindead forever.
>>
File: 1406489235563.gif (724KB, 500x465px) Image search: [Google]
1406489235563.gif
724KB, 500x465px
SAO sucks but Sinon is great.
>>
>>144422544
sword art online was great, don't let anyone tell you otherwise. the characters had tremendous depth and the story felt so real i had trouble playing games for a few weeks
>>
>>144428272
nice
>>
>>144422544
You're cancer.
>>
File: fuckin lol.gif (987KB, 500x255px) Image search: [Google]
fuckin lol.gif
987KB, 500x255px
>>144428272
>characters had tremendous depth
>>
File: 1317094.png (19KB, 242x227px) Image search: [Google]
1317094.png
19KB, 242x227px
>>144428272
>>
File: 1466829354437.jpg (48KB, 421x417px) Image search: [Google]
1466829354437.jpg
48KB, 421x417px
Nothing against people who like SAO, But I don't understand how anybody actually thinks it's any good at all. I stopped watching after the only likable character for that season was trapped in a cage and did LITERALLY NOTHING for the rest of said season.
>>
>>144424625
agreed @ normie
>>
File: 978-4-04-892250-0-200x271.jpg (30KB, 200x271px) Image search: [Google]
978-4-04-892250-0-200x271.jpg
30KB, 200x271px
>>144427909
We can't have nice things, unfortunately.

But hey, Alicization (and possible Progressive) anime Soon™
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.