[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Just NOW I finish Katanagatari Need some pretty words /a/

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 115
Thread images: 16

Just NOW I finish Katanagatari

Need some pretty words /a/
>>
KISAMA
>>
Best girl won.
>>
>>144419625
The ending being so depressing took me by surprise
>>
>>144419625
CHEERIO!
>>
Togame a shit
>>
>>144419625
Worst ending in anime history desu not even baiting
>>
>>144423553
Look, a faggot.
>>
>>144419625
that imouto was something else
>>
Episode 4 where Nanami murked the bug squad was boss.
>>
>>144423615
Like I said, no need to get angry, just put down the salt and think logically. The ending was utter trash, the plot was brain dead and the ending is so anti-climatic.
>>
>>144423843
The plot was simple granted, but the execution was phenomenal. I liked the ending of Sichika climbing the tower and kicking ass to great music.
>>
>>144423748
Wouldn't blinding her solve her problem?
>>
>>144424005
what problem?
>>
>>144424024
Being too OP to live
>>
File: you.jpg (78KB, 550x680px) Image search: [Google]
you.jpg
78KB, 550x680px
>>144423843
>>
Those who bet their lives on achieving their goals, lost that bet. Those who accepted the world as it was and figured out how to find happiness within it earned the chance.
>>
Genuinely dry and uninteresting. Every single moment that was supposed to evoke feeling felt flat. It failed with all of its attempted sad deaths and large climax moments.

Disappointing.
>>
>>144423553
I was way more salty about the EP 4 trolling that happened. God damn i was pissed
>>
File: hitei avvin a giggle.gif (3MB, 480x270px) Image search: [Google]
hitei avvin a giggle.gif
3MB, 480x270px
>>144424394
>>
>>144424394
I'm sure I'm not the only one who wasn't even mad, just impressed, at episode 4. The misdirection with Nanami was incredible in it own right and served to show who would really give Shichika trouble in the future.
>>
>>144419625
shit's great
emonzaemon a best
wish I could find a translated novel
>>
>>144423843
The ending was logical, the plot was simple and well executed and the climbing was badass
>>
>>144424546
What was Emonzaemon's deal with Hoo?
>>
>>144424640
nigga stole his face
>>
>>144424485
It was even worse how they were talking about how amazing the fight was the whole time. Nanami was kinda surprising but I can't stand the whole "cute character is actually super evil!" trope.
>>
Togame totally deserved it.
She was satisfied with her fate, being such a fool obsessed with revenge could only end the way it did. She was even happy she didn't need to kill him.
Holyman a best, really a interesting character and also a bully
>>
>>144424764
And killed his waifu.
>>
Shichika vs Sabi Hakuhei was best fight
>>
>>144424819
But she's not evil.
>>
>>144424886
This. I like Togame but she deserved it.

Anyone else thinks the reason Shichika starts travelling is because he lost his purpose as a weapon?
>>
>>144425022
>Anyone else thinks the reason Shichika starts travelling is because he lost his purpose as a weapon?
I thought it was obvious.
>>
>>144424973
sure thing corky
>>
>>144425051
Me too, but I also thought it was just me overthinking.
>>
>>144423843
It's too deep for you.
>>
Was Togame actually going to kill Shichika or was she just trying to make him feel better by making herself out to be a conniving bitch?
>>
>>144419625
I like episodes 3 and 12
>>
>>144425022
I think its the other way around. He started traveling with Togame to fulfill his role as a weapon. Togame fits as his wielder, so of course he'll go around with her
>>
>>144425160
I meant to say at the end of the show, but yeah, pretty much that too.
>>
>>144425145
She was.
She even lamented how much of a fool she was. Also see >>144424886
>>
>>144419625
Boring trash. Plebs love it.
>>
>>144425145
We will never know for sure. It honestly could go both way.

Although I do think Togame was obsessed enough she would've gone for it.
>>
>>144425145
I don't really know with certainty. For me she was just trying to make him feel better.

Is one of those things I'll never pinpoint.

>>144425252
Nice bait, pleb.
>>
Were the weapons they were looking for from the future or something
Im confused
>>
>>144425298
swordsmith was from a family with oracular capacities.

See future, make gun.
>>
>>144425298
Swordsmith could look into the future, somehow he made them with only information and materials from that era.
>>
>>144425209
Yeah he was a sword without a wilder and his family was dead. So he just keep up with the plan of making a map since he couldn't even die
>>
>>144425145
from what I remember, her plan was to use Shichika until her vengeance against those who ruined her family is complete, then kill Shichika as revenge against Shichika's father. To do so, she had to lie to herself that she is fine with Shichika, a lie that eventually became true in her heart as she truly fell in love with him. However, even during her dying moments, she still couldn't reconcile her thirst for vengeance and her chance at a happy life with Shichika, so when she knew she was dying, she felt relieved that Shichika will be spared from her own schemes.

with that frame of mind, Togame actually won on both fronts - Shichika fulfilled her vengeance, and Shichika was set free to become a human who would seek his own happiness, breaking his weapon-self
>>
File: I9fAK35.gif (2MB, 420x335px) Image search: [Google]
I9fAK35.gif
2MB, 420x335px
It was good mayne
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wZ1UZf-aqc0
>>
>>144425357
Maybe when there's literal magic involved you should just assume that the rest of the issues were solved that way as well.
>>
>>144423929
>>144424605
>well executed
if you call granting the MC the power to just fucking kill everything in the last episode without any alibi. Well then ok, congratz on your shit taste.

Look the plot was
>be MC
>train start from birth
>one day falls in love with sum bitch
>lover tells you to be her bitch slave
>"ok"
>kill everyone including your own sister
>kill everyone in a tower while climbing stairs
>everyone dies and your girl dies as well

Call me a faggot all you want but how is this a good ending at all, this was just complete retardation
>>
>>144425441
I demand my metallurgy be painstakingly accurate, mages be damned!
>>
>>144425441
That would explain infinite ammo and some of the weirder blades.
>>
>>144425467
Faggot
>>
Nisio Isin is not a very good writer overall. I quite liked the art and animation in the anime though
>>
>>144425467
> granting the MC the power to just fucking kill everything in the last episode without any alibi
He always had that power, retard. Nice way to prove you don't pay attention.

>plot summary
So what? Everything went logically.

>good ending
It was anticlimatic but it was logical. Pieces just fell on their places.

inb4 no logic on superhumans
>>
File: Katanagatari Reflections.jpg (146KB, 1058x607px) Image search: [Google]
Katanagatari Reflections.jpg
146KB, 1058x607px
>>
>>144425645
Care to explain why he's not a very good writer?

Not particularly salty, just curious.
>>
>>144419625
I wish more shows were done in that longer format.
>>
LNfags, did Sabi Hakuhei happen in the novels?
>>
>>144425812
No.
>>
>>144423553
>what is Ergo Proxy
>>
>>144425467
Are you actually retarded or what?
Aside from the last fight, everyone in that tower was a pleb compared to the original wielders
>>
>>144425850
This bait is tasty
>>
>>144419625
this looked interesting but I couldn't handle the eyes
>>
Why are people complaining about the ending? It was anticlimactic but it sure was fitting. It's actually one of my favorite ending
>>
>>144425850
Holy shit you can shit talk my post but shitting on a masterpiece of an anime...
>unacceptable
>>
This comes before Bakemonogatari, right?
>>
>>144425926

Don't worry about it, they have a terminal case of shit taste.
>>
>>144425926
Because for plebs anticlimactic ending=always bad
>>
What's so anti-climatic about it though?

I thought that last Cheerio was pretty climatic.
>>
>>144425988
Yeah, you can see Shinobu on the background in ep 10, around the 20 min mark
>>
>>144426036
Nothing changes, as the death of the shogun is meaningless since he has a heir, Shichika loses his girl and family, and all the effort in the show is for essentially nothing.

As a nihilist, this pleases me the most, but it is anticlimactic.

And that last cheerio was cool.
>>
>>144426109
>and all the effort in the show is for essentially nothing.
Well Shichika is not a sword anymore. I though that's at least something.
>>
>>144425671
>went logically
how is anything fucking logical?
There was no pieces to fall into places, the MC just felt like fucking killing everyone so he did.

Second there was no challenge to overcome, there was no conflict. When the bad guys never stand a chance it's pretty much like watching team rocket blasting off in every episode, it's not enjoyable. Such an overpowered MC shouldn't exist.
>>
>>144426265
He didn't fell like killing everyonen he seeked death.
And no a sword won't kill itself it will break in combat
>>
File: Cancer.jpg (14KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
Cancer.jpg
14KB, 480x360px
Cheerio was literally the most cringe-worthy fucking line in anime history, whenever this show fucking says "Cheerio" I feel like my eyes gets fucking cuts from how edgy it is.
>>
File: u serious.jpg (18KB, 243x243px) Image search: [Google]
u serious.jpg
18KB, 243x243px
>>144426356
>seek death
Why doesn't he just climb the tower and jump?
>>
>>144426265
I think it was stated outright in the last episode that he went to the castle town seeking Emonzaemon since his goal was to die

Every member of the Yasuri family dies the same way - another Yasuri kills them. Shichika killed his father, and he also performed the final rites with Nanami

However, in the end, there were no other Yasuri to kill him, so he sought Emonzaemon who he believed could kill him since he killed Togame.

Tough luck for him, though. Emonzaemon isn't a Yasuri.
>>
>>144426373
I think you're confusing the meaning of the word "edgy", anon.
It's okay though, it's pretty much meaningless by this point.
>>
>>144426468
Solution, make another Yasuri baby with Hiteihime.
>>
>>144426443
Some people want an excuse to get killed, they don't wanna do the deed themselves.
>>
>>144425467

Dude went RIP AND TEAR MODE when his waifu was killed. he was holding back because she wanted the swords to stay in tact to regain her honor, remember he always remarked saying i could win these fights a lot easier and faster if i could destroy the swords

as soon as he could he fucking destroyed them
>>
>>144426537
hence why they're together in the end
>>
>>144426443
because he would live even if he died
>>
>>144426443
Didn't even bother reading the post huh?
You sure are a faggot following your dumb script to win (you)s
>>
>>144426557
I wonder how trivial Sabi's fight would've been for him if he could actually destroy the sword.
>>
>>144426443
Because people die when they are killed
>>
>>144426468
You contradicted yourself,

Shichika (Yasuri) can kill Shichika (Yasuri)

if he killed himself in the end, it would have been a good ending
>>
>>144425891
>>144425957
Dont you dare defend that "ending"
That anime tricked me into watching it all and let me down with a load of bullshit
>>
File: oh you.png (6KB, 390x470px) Image search: [Google]
oh you.png
6KB, 390x470px
>>144426585
I did read the post, if he's so strong, why not take on some formidable foes? Like time and gravity 8^)
>>
>>144426607
it'd be laughably quick.

Hakuhei's sword was so brittle that when swung incorrectly it would break by itself. Only completed deviant master swordsmen (like Hakuhei and his mother) could wield it correctly

that probably is the reason Shichika and Togame kept babbling about the fight in the end of the episode - since Shichika not only should not break the sword, but he also needed to defend it as well
>>
>>144426757
What was bullshit? The pieces fell in place for a perfect ending with the most badass scene
>"I am Ergo Proxy, Agent of Death"

fucking perfection.
>>
>>144426661
>another Yasuri kills them
>another
a weapon cannot break itself. the wielder can, but Shichika had no wielder at that point
>>
>>144426799
Exactly, that fight had like double odds stacking against him, being unable to break the most brittle sword wielded by master swordsman. What was that sword fancy power again? Are there even any apart from being beautiful and stuff. Also what happened to his mother? Killed by Nanami or what?
>>
Dat last episode

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MYISAAIcyDw

The show in general had great music direction.
>>
>>144426764
What the fuck are you talking about?
He sought death at battle with the guys that killed his waifu but he won.
>Oh well might as well make a map i was planning.
Basically that's it
>>
>>144426866
Hakuhei's mother got killed by a 7 year old Nanami.
>>
File: Cherio.png (97KB, 498x528px) Image search: [Google]
Cherio.png
97KB, 498x528px
>>
File: image.gif (1019KB, 500x284px) Image search: [Google]
image.gif
1019KB, 500x284px
>>
RIP U
>>
>>144425233
>>144425258
>>144425290

She had her keikaku eye during the whole time she was talking about using shichi for revenge so I thought it was hinting that she was lying
>>
File: Book 01.jpg (555KB, 1437x2000px) Image search: [Google]
Book 01.jpg
555KB, 1437x2000px
Time for a block of text
I really liked the advancement of design philosophy of the swords because it really does seem like an insane swordsmith trying to figure out what makes the best sword
Zetto Kanna being unbreakable was in response to katanas of the time tending to break in combat due to Japans poor iron, but otherwise wasnt different than a regular sword
Zanto Namakura was the classic "kill them before they can kill you" but was effectively a normal sword after it had been drawn
Sento Tsurugi was really close to the end product by implying that the sword itself isnt important so long as you win the fight, but would have given an opponent swordsman the same boon
Hakuto Hari was the opposite, being only able to be used by a select few, but being incredibly fragile if used incorrectly
Zokuto Yoroi was "an absolute defense is a good offense" but was incredibly heavy and had a fatal flaw in how it deflected damage
Soto Kanazuchi was the spear to Yoroi's shield in the fact that it was basically unstoppable after being swung, but again was incredibly heavy and unable to be used by all but the physically strongest
Akuto Bita is where the "sword" part seems to become less important, as it heals it's user instead of damaging his enemies, focusing more on the swordsman instead, but couldnt finish a fight by itself because of this
Bito Kanzashi again brings the image closer to completion as the "sword" is a weapon in and of itself without needing a "swordsman" to swing it, but was limited without the human element
Oto Nokogiri seems to be a step backwards as it takes on the form of a sword, but is used to make the swordsman more "pure" and complete, but backfired and removed any of their bloodlust as well
Seito Hakari takes this even further and forces the swordsman look inward and face their flaws to make them stronger, but couldnt even be used as a weapon itself
>>
File: Book 03.jpg (1MB, 2950x2000px) Image search: [Google]
Book 03.jpg
1MB, 2950x2000px
>>144431886
Dokuto Mekki seems to be a cry of stagnation as Kiki couldnt figure out how to make sure there was a swordsman worthy of his swords, so he had his own ego take over in their place
Ento Juu seemed to be a breakthrough as it was a weapon that even a novice "swordsman" could use to deadly effect against the strongest of opponents
but Kiki finally realized that he wasnt looking to make a better "sword", but a better "swordsman" that wasn't restricted by them, thus making Kyotoryu as a style to make a swordsman into a sword so they wouldnt need any of that fancy bullshit that only a master smith could make
>>
>>144431326
Keikaku eyes mean absolutely nothing.
>>
File: 310001-screenshot015.jpg (583KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
310001-screenshot015.jpg
583KB, 1280x720px
Best girl.
>>
>>144431886

My exact thoughts, the swords were made with "what is the strongest sword" in mind.

So what is the strongest sword? A one that does not break. But what about one that kills before your opponent kills you?

That goes on and on each sword countering the previous one, ending with a gun, the weapon that beat all swords
>>
>>144419702
KORESTE!!!!
>>
>>144431993
you mean ending with a person, because a person trained with any weapon would obviously be more deadly than a person not trained in them
thats why shichika was the "perfect sword" because he didnt even need a sword to kill all these nerds that had to rely on them
>>
>>144423843
The only brain dead thing here is you.
>>
>>144426866
>What was that sword fancy power again?
The fight scene implied that the sword could reflect sunlight to create cutting beams.

>>144426607
Easier, but not by too much. As both Togame and Shichika point out, Sabi was ridiculously strong and with all the handicaps Shichika had, he couldn't have possibly won without Togame's scheme. Even Shichika could fight without holding back, without Togame's help the might would have likely been about as hard as the one against Emonzaemon.
>>
>>144431326
The Keikaku eye is a purely anime original thing and then its appearances are not in any way consistent.
>>
>>144431903
Kiki actually went both ways with the swordsman concept, creating both an absolute swordsman that could wield any weapon perfectly (Zentoryuu/Hakuhei) and a swordsman whose very body is the ultimate sword in itself (Kyotoryuu/Yasuri).
>>
File: hmm.jpg (22KB, 635x542px) Image search: [Google]
hmm.jpg
22KB, 635x542px
>>144426373
>edgy
>>
>>144419702
Are you a sword or a fighter?
Thread posts: 115
Thread images: 16

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.