[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | | Home]

Can someone please explain the appeal of this show to me? For

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 454
Thread images: 92

Can someone please explain the appeal of this show to me? For a show that is so beloved by so many, it's so generic and uninteresting.
>>
You need to watch all of it before you can pass judgement.
>>
>>144404300
>this thread again
>>
>>144404497
I literally just finished the entire thing. Also why did the final battle of the Chimera Ant saga suddenly turn to constant narration and take like 20 episode for one hour of time to pass? Best arc my ass, it was slow as molasses.
>>
>>144404553
Then pick a criticism. Is it generic or did "strange" choices like the narration in the CA arc weird you out? Can't be both.
>>
>>144404618
>Thinking the two are mutually exclusive
>>
>>144404618
not that anon but chimera ant pacing was slow as fuck
like 70 episodes with like 2 events
>>
>>144404618
Going from one generic style to another is still generic. I just heard over and over people gushing over this show and how it was so much better than other shonen shows when it's the exact same bullshit.

I was actually having fun during the first arc until it revealed the whole "lol there's actually this superpower thing called Nen that everyone has and that clown guy actually has a power level of 6000000 XDDDD". Can't we have a nice adventure show without getting into power level bullshit and uncontrolled power creep? That would be nice
>>
babys first shonen. it sucks absolute cock and the author is one of the most notorious parasites of the industry. kys if you support this fraud
>>
>>144404300
Cute shotas
>>
File: 1398420231506.png (235KB, 492x492px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1398420231506.png
235KB, 492x492px
>I can't enjoy a show without waifus

This is how fucking pathetic you haters are, can't you watch a single show without wanting to masturbate to the characters?
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xnt5zE-Cu1A
>>
File: hunter14.png (244KB, 899x1300px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
hunter14.png
244KB, 899x1300px
>>144404300
>Also why did the final battle of the Chimera Ant saga suddenly turn to constant narration and take like 20 episode for one hour of time to pass?

Because that's how it was in the manga.
>>
File: Trashman.jpg (18KB, 300x400px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
Trashman.jpg
18KB, 300x400px
>>144405265
>digibro
>>
File: 1378681363584.jpg (25KB, 379x214px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1378681363584.jpg
25KB, 379x214px
>>144405272
>that wall of text
>>
Killua is cute!
>>
>>144405234
>The only redeeming characteristic of Hxh is that there are no cute girls
>>
>>144405288
He is the official e-celeb of /a/.
>>
>>144405272
Not that anon, but the narration was overly done. I felt like I already knew what was going through their minds I didn't need it spoofed to me.
>>
>>144404973
nen was hinted so many times
>murderous clown who throws cards and murder people WITH CARDS
>>
>>144404973
Not everybody has nen, it's literally a hidden requirement for hunters to be hunters. Did you even read/watch the show?
>>
>>144405272
Fucking disgusting. At this point Togashi should have just written a fucking book. Clearly he has difficulty telling a story through art and has to overly rely on dialogue and narration.
>>
2011 is trash and water is wet.
>>
File: bieber.jpg (84KB, 680x718px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
bieber.jpg
84KB, 680x718px
Where's that autistic CAfag who constantly dumps manga pages and uses ad-hominems to hide his butthurt?
>>
>>144405421
> hurrr foreshadowing

whatever those hints supposedly were, they were just done so you could go "wooow, it was hinted at after all!" in retrospect. nobody sane would ever expect something like nen without knowing about it beforehand.

this is why foreshadowing is cancer. it's done deliberately so that no one can get a twist before it actually happens, and once it actually happens, kneejerkers can wack off to the 'foreshadowing'.
>>
>>144405421

>Clearly this person has monstrous skill and dexterity. The precision needed to kill by throwing a playing card shows the gap in experience between this character and our hero.

>lol jk just magic
>>
>>144404300
>generic and uninteresting
Wew lad, the only way you could have made a more empty and meaningless criticism would be by calling it overrated
>>144404553
Because you're watching a trash adaptation, read the manga
>>
>>144405421
And the MC beats people up with a fishing pole. What's your point?
>>
File: IMG_0002.png (77KB, 396x310px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
IMG_0002.png
77KB, 396x310px
>>144405642
>read the manga
>>
>>144405421
>clown kills people with cards
>this is "hinting" at magic spirit powers
>>
>>144404300
really starting to believe that it is just one anon making these threads
>>
File: smug.jpg (46KB, 449x376px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
smug.jpg
46KB, 449x376px
>>144405421
I don't see how Hisoka being able to kill someone with playing cards is evidence that Nen was foreshadowed. You could apply the same logic to Gon or Killua, who regularly commit superhuman feats far before Nen is introduced. Togashi isn't some godlike writer and not everything is foreshadowing.
>>
>>144405514
The entire point of this page was to convey Welfin's mental breakdown and the thought process that lead him to saying "Komugi"
>>
What I hate more than anything isn't the boring tropes. It isn't the overly-expositional narration. It isn't even the art scribblish art. What I hate more than anything is the Goddamn boring story where every setup to every arc is graced with a terrible anticlimax before moving on.

Every single arc has arguably good buildup to the finale, but there's never any damn payoff. It's like Togashi gets bored with his own settings and rushes the end so he can start a new one. It's pathetic.
>>
>>144405989
Not to justify it or anything, but Togashi has been doing that for decades.
>>
>>144405786
No shit. That doesn't make any less garbage. In fact, lazily scribbling in exactly what a character is thinking over multiple paragraphs blotting out any illustration is the worst possible way to convey this point.
>>
File: 7uf9FUw.jpg (49KB, 1196x809px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
7uf9FUw.jpg
49KB, 1196x809px
>>144404497
chop your dick off nigger
>>144404300
oh boy oh boy, let me ask you a question:1999 or 2011?
>>
>>144405095
more like babys first seinen

and im glad it exist, the genre of death games is p good and it needs more readers
>>
File: dogs.jpg (96KB, 512x396px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
dogs.jpg
96KB, 512x396px
>>144405696
>posting scans that were redrawn 13 years ago
I know you weren't born yet back then but that's still no excuse.
>>
File: Shizuku_1999.png (216KB, 640x480px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
Shizuku_1999.png
216KB, 640x480px
>>144405352
WROOOONG!s
>>
>>144404973
>lol there's actually this superpower thing

Because someone like Illumi literally shapechaging is totally normal, right?
>>
>>144405352
>>
>>144405989
>the only good payoff/climax is some epik fight between the MC and the big bad
I thought you tried to complain about tropes
>>144406132
>the worst possible way to convey this point
It's very efficient at conveying how much is going through his head through this short amount of time and consistent with Welfin's character whose main trait is overthinking the shit out of everything
Am i being baited or are you this much of a pseudo intellectual?
>>
>>144406255
Yeah, dipshit. He changed his face around and used pins to hold it in place. It was creepy and unsettling.

At least until you find out later that they're magic pins that use magic to alter your face if you have a high enough power level.
>>
>>144405775
>holding your breath for an extended amount of time is the same as slicing through people like butter with cards and using needles that change bone structure
>>
>>144406371
>Yeah, dipshit. He changed his face around and used pins to hold it in place. It was creepy and unsettling.

And it was fucking IMPOSSIBLE because people's faces don't fucking work that way without magic.
>>
>>144406371
>power level
Where did you even get that from? Abilities don't equate to powerlevels you dumb memer, just like the opposite is also true
At this point all you're complaining about is because it has a power system without making a coherent argument why you don't like it
>>
>>144406471
It's almost like it's a manga or something.
>>
>>144404973
lol i showed this to a female friend whos generic af, typical FB girl and that. She said the same thing as you loooool, you pretty much share mems on FB about relationships, dogs and wanting cuddles
>>
You know what's lame?
People complaining about how a power works in certain manga/anime. We question this work like crazy but moeshit never questioned how it works. Moeshitters are ruining manga/anime.
>>
>>144406526
>lol
>af
>looooo
>mems

Holy fuck kill yourself.
>>
>>144406334
being baited bro
>>
>>144406507
Then what's wrong with having Nen, it's a manga so that shouldn't be a problem?
>>
>>144406578
did you come here from reddit too? bored of you autistic kids
>>
>>144406334
If he was a pseudo-intellectual he'd be sucking the CA arc's dick.
>>
>>144406662
Nah, pseudo-intellectual think they're above shounen no matter how good the show actually is.
>>
>>144406662
But pseudo-intellectuals hate the CA arc because it has narration. They also generally claim the Yorkshin arc is the best in the series and one of the best in manga in general.
>>
>>144404300
The same reason One Piece is popular
Normal people like trash, it's a fact
>>
File: 1462591906660.png (195KB, 662x488px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1462591906660.png
195KB, 662x488px
>generic

nice meme.
>>
>>144406132

I'm glad you know how every narration in media should be. mister genius.
>>
File: meto31 4176f7f.jpg (353KB, 700x990px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
meto31 4176f7f.jpg
353KB, 700x990px
>>144404300

CUTE LITTLE BOYS

Also Pitou.
>>
>>144406826
but Pitou is a boy too
>>
>>144406826
doesnt she count?
>>
>boy who wants to find his father
>boy who wants to find his purpose besides killing people
>boy who wants to find out who killed his clan
>boy who wants to help people be cured of diseases
>all have a common goal and never forget what they want in life
>generic

Tell me one thing that's generic about this anime.
>>
>>144404300
Implying shonen isn't "generic"
>>
>>144406842
>>144406852
Pitou is an ant.
>>
It's time to settle this
Define "generic" in a way that makes it anything more than a dumb buzzword
>>
>>144406904
Having no particularly distinctive quality or application.
>>
>>144405272
>>144405322
>>144405514
I'm not gonna defend Togashi's storytelling style, but that page in particular is just niggastream being shit at translating. Viz's translation has a little more than half as many words.
>>
File: 3555.jpg (84KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
3555.jpg
84KB, 1280x720px
Oh my god Chimera arc is so fucking FRUSTRATING.

I literally just watched a whole episode of Welkin and Ikalgo who probably aren't even relevant towards the end talk about stupid shit and Ikalgo finally not being a bitch.

Does this really need a full episodes dedicated towards it.
>>
>>144405523

Where's that retarded avatar poster... oh wait there you are.
>>
>>144407076
But Welfin literally beats the king at the end dumb nigger.
>>
File: 134.jpg (1MB, 1774x1300px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
134.jpg
1MB, 1774x1300px
>>144407076
>Welkin and Ikalgo who probably aren't even relevant towards the end
Welkin is probably the most important character.
>>
>>144407076
>talking shit before finishing it
Welfin has one of the most important scenes in the entire arc towards the end you dumb fuck
Also how the fuck did you get out of my filter?
>>
>>144407136
>>144407156
Well I am an idiot then, I guess I won't post until I finish it.

I just had to get that off because HxH cock teases so much with fights and then you get episodes like this.
>>
>>144407228
>Well I am an idiot then
We already knew that, no need to say it.
>>
>>144404300
HxH is the opposite of generic.
>>
File: Pi8vl.jpg (5KB, 225x225px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
Pi8vl.jpg
5KB, 225x225px
>>144407076
>Welfin and Ikalgo
>irrelevant
>>
File: 1467779556140.png (139KB, 400x398px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1467779556140.png
139KB, 400x398px
>>144407228
>Well I am an idiot then
About time you figured this out.
>>
>>144407228
Change your name to Luffy already.
>>
ITT: fags thinking narrating everything the character does is good kek. Show > Tell
>>
>>144405265
Literally our boy.
>>
>>144407402
Fucking illiterates trying to justify their fear of words with SHOW DONT TELL BROO
>>
>>144407402
>trying to make arguments with hyperboles
Try to type without your uncle's cock in your mouth
>>
File: 1425097695815.jpg (61KB, 485x480px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1425097695815.jpg
61KB, 485x480px
>>144405265
>>144405353
>>144407404
Commit suicide
>>
HxH appeals to 12y old boys and people who like watching shows with two 12y olds boys exploring their sexaulity together
>>
>>144405265
Fucking kill yourself
>>
>>144407402

YEAH SHOW DO NOT TELL IS LITERAL LAW IN HOLLYWOOD AND THEY EXCECUTE EVERYONE NOT FOLLOWING IT.
>>
>>144407529
Tell me about your shota fantasy anon.
>>
It's kinds like D. Gray Man for me. Generic and uninteresting
>>
LOL at all the speedwatcher fags saying nen is bullshut & wasn't foreshadow. They missed the part where Hisoka turn a guy's arm into flower pedals because they don't fucking pay attention to the episodes.
>>
>>144407672
>animescum
That was badhouse censorship.
>>
>>144407455

If you need narration to understand the fucking obvious then you're mentally retarded.
>>
>>144407693
Why would they censor that, but show gon impailing pitou with his own arm?
>>
>>144407672
I'm sure that there are some 2011fags who actually believe this.
>>
>>144407696
People who complain about it often miss shit that the narration explicitely says so clearly there is someone in that equation who is clinically retarded.
>>
>>144407693
arre you sayin g madhosue made it worse by foreshadowing nen?
>>
>>144407767
>why would madhouse do (stupid shit)?
No one will ever know
>>144407801
That wasn't foreshadowing, it was terrible censorship and didn't foreshadow shit, Hisoka is never seen being able to do anything like that
>>
>>144407672
Personally, I think it's more a complaint because it started off as a show without all that power level bullshit, only to have it shoved in 30 episodes in; when nearly all action anime has it, it was so refreshing to have a show that simply didn't.
>>
>>144407831
>No one will ever know
We do know, though, different timeslot for the CA arc meant they didn't have to censor as much.
>>
>expect some big payoff with Gon and Hisoka
>show just ends
>>
>>144407862
>waah the series isn't like i wanted it to be
>power system = power levels
Do you have autism? Genuine question
>>
>>144407862
what power level bullshit? heavens arena is tactical fights , yorkshin has almost no fights, greed island is a card game, chimera ants whole message of human cruelty shits on the concept of power levels, election is a political thriller and dc arc has one fight so far between two antagonists that was completely tactical. are you high?
>>
>>144407945
Why would you expect that? Gon's business with Hisoka was done as soon as he punchedhim in the face and gave his tag back. Not to mention the series is still ongoing technically.
>>
>>144407945
IKR! I wanted a epic showdown like GokuSon and Frieza. HxH is soo boring...
>>
>>144407945
>expect a new chapter
>Togashi just Hiatus
>>
File: 1436547520174.jpg (201KB, 360x1026px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1436547520174.jpg
201KB, 360x1026px
>people on this board actually defend Tell, Don't Show: The Anime

HxH makes Dexter look like The Wire.
>>
>>144407986
Not him, but every time a new arc starts Gon and Killua have to power up in some way in order to compete. This is explicitly shown when Killua goes back the hunter exam after training in Greed Island; he's not even in the same ballpark as he was the year before. That's bog standard power-level story progression. I would agree with you that HxH has all those other qualities and that they make it worth reading, but the fact is power levels are clearly a major factor in the story.
>>
>>144408296
>/tv/ opinion
>calling HxH an anime
Confirmed for meme spouting retard.
Also i will never understand this meme, the narration is almost exclusively used for giving a neutral opinion like when it was saying Pitou was telling the truth and Youpi was being sincere. Scenes like the Netero and Zeno walking in on Meruem and Komugi or the Gon/Pitou confrontations are great exemples of this "show don't tell" meme you retards like to spout.
>>
>>144407767
They didn't have to censor anything with Pitou because they made her blood blue which by itself is a censor.
>>
>>144404973
>clown guy
Hisoka is a magician, obnoxious animeonlyfag.
Anyways you should stop using buzzwords if you want people to take your shitposts seriously.
>>
>>144408438
>nen users beat non-nen users
Woah, really makes you think huh
>>
>>144408438
>but every time a new arc starts Gon and Killua have to power up in some way in order to compete
But they never manage to really compete.
They train to open the doors to the Zoldyck estate but get bitchslapped by buttlers.
They learn Nen in Heaven's Arena but Gon loses to Hisoka and they never reach the top of the arena.
They're completely outclassed by the phantom troupe.
They keep training in G.I. but they're objectively weaker than the top dogs like Razor or Genthru.
They get their ass handed by ants and have to train to be of any use, yet the top threat gets nuked, not defeated because of their training.
Training matters when there's fighting to be had. But in no way would I call it a "major factor".
>>
>>144408609
I don't see your point. You're trying to argue against power levels, right?

>>144408683
I honestly don't see where you're coming from. Perhaps we each have a different understanding of what "power levels" are. They clearly get a lot stronger than they would have if they hadn't trained. I'm not the kind of reader that rigidly assigns their power in terms of tiers, it's really just a storytelling tool to show their progress. And when the times they ultimately lose, that has little bearing on whether or not they're stronger than they were before, it just means there are still stronger people out there. It's like saying you suck at chess because you can't beat Bobby Fischer even though you qualified for nationals and a year ago you didn't even know the rules.
>>
>>144409118
They got stronger after learning nen, is that what qualifies as power levels to you?
I guess real life has powerlevels too because i'm sure some guy who learned karate would easily kick my ass.
>>
>>144409118
I'm not saying they're not stronger than when they started.
Just that even if they train and get stonger it never comes down to "power level bullshit".
>>
>>144409239
Ah, okay. I'm not trying to say it's bullshit, just that there are plenty of matchups in HxH that come down to sheer terms of power which could be interpreted as power levels.

>>144409220
>I guess real life has powerlevels too because i'm sure some guy who learned karate would easily kick my ass.
That was my understanding of power levels, yes. That in a fair fight someone can beat you simply by being stronger. Nevermind that fair fights rarely happen, the point is that being stronger is a significant advantage in these kinds of stories.
>>
>>144409711
So let me get this straight, according to you, powerlevels are when there is someone more proficient at fighting than someone else?
What series exactly doesn't have powerlevels then? Because according to this definition any story where every character isn't exactly as strong as the other is powerlevels. Even as i said real life has powerlevels according to you.
And what's the limit on what you consider "being stronger"? Would an army being better trained and equipped than an insurgency constitute as powerlevels?

Genuinely trying to understand you here.
>>
I have other question. I'm on episode 42. When Kurapika tells everyone she is girl? She looks like girl, speaks like girl, wears girly shoes etc.
>>
>>144410174
He's a man.
>>
>>144408032
Then read the manga? It's still ongoing. Or wait 10 years for the anime you dumbfuck.
>>
144410174
Not even worth a (You)
>>
Ideas for a hunter exam?
>>
>>144404300
Dunno anon, I dislike whatever trendy shit /a/ suggests, but I genuinely love everything about HxH. Nice to be on the other side for once. Sucks to be you.
>>
>>144410903
paper testo
>>
>>144410109
I've always thought of power levels in terms of raw strength. Tactics, experience, luck, etc. are all separate factors. It's still very vague, and it doesn't help that it's namesake in Dragon Ball was also poorly defined, but I'm more interested in its narrative applications so I don't mind. People who take power levels seriously (God forbid) would probably disagree with me, though.

I can't think of any battle series that don't have power levels in some way. Growing stronger is usually the theme of these stories so that implies the presence of power levels. I would say, however, that there are plenty of series where power levels are present but don't matter that much. Jojo always immediately comes to mind for two reasons: 1) Almost every ability can be fatal if used in correctly and each ability is unique enough that they can't be beaten in the same way. 2) Power ups are relatively rare compared to other manga so the disparity in power between major characters is never insurmountably large. I remember thinking Medaka Box also did the same thing pretty well.
>>
>>144410925
>Nice to be on the other side for once
Have you read this thread? Seems pretty balanced
>>
>>144404300
Nice bait, you cuck
>>
SoL is actually interesting and less generic, why even make anything with a plot it's so retarded. Saying muh story is a gay excuse for not wanting to watch ecchi, admit it. Haven't you had enough of this fantasy and story time bullshit when you were 12? Grow up retards.
>>
File: mPghEbU.jpg (101KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
mPghEbU.jpg
101KB, 1280x720px
Do any of you people actually know how to argue your points? There are maybe two legitimate criticism points made in this thread and the rest is just drive-by shitposting that makes me question the ages of the posters in this thread. This could have been a good interesting thread if /a/ wasn't plagued by braindead memers.
Also the "Show, don't tell" complaint is quickly becoming a carelessly regurgitated idea in regards to shows that are exposition heavy. Also I don't think a majority of the watchers saying it actually know how that would play out for them, as most shows with "show, don't tell" writing usually flies over the common viewers' heads.
Yes, the CA is horribly slow, and yes, the exposition should have been trimmed down. I'm not using this as a defense for the show, but maybe it was a bit necessary, as certain key scenes benefitted from the narration while others were severely bogged down by it. Take for example the Stairs scene at the beginning of the Palace Invasion, if there was no narrator a lot of details would have been missed by viewers, like why did everyone but Gon stopped. Was the audience just suppose to figure out that the characters were dreading the possibility of Knuckle and Meleon getting killed by Dragon Dive from their bpdy language? If Togashi wanted to write in them just thinking that he could have yet he didn't, and it worked in some parts but blew the execution(mainly in the anime) in others.
>>
>>144411483
Disregard this.
>>
>>144411036
So is it physical strength then? Because it was shown pretty often to be a minor factor, the obvious exemple being Uvo or Chrollo completely shitting on Hisoka despite being physically much weaker. Even Meruem won against Netero because he was smart enough to notice a minuscule pattern in his attacks.

Also in JoJo there are stands that are objectively stronger than others so that would constitute to powerlevels according to your definition. Same goes for Medaka Box. And i find it strange that you compare nen users to non-nen users for HxH but don't do the same with stand users and regular people for JoJo.

But as you stated they are mostly irrelevant, and the reasons you gave for JoJo also apply to HxH. Even when they are facing stronger enemies like Genthru they win through elaborating a strategy or tricking them, and that's when they fight at all. Gon actually got weaker after the CA arc so that also goes against what you were saying.
>>
File: 1458380801806.png (269KB, 500x472px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1458380801806.png
269KB, 500x472px
>>144411483
Autism.
>>
>>144411483
>others were severely bogged down by it
Such as what?
>>
>>144411437
>introduce Kakin and DC
>develop the MCs and their relationship, causing them to separate and change their motivations
>give more background and world building regarding the Hunter association
>kill off one of the most important characters in the series, directly causing the events of the two following arcs
>introduce Gyro
It's probably the most important arc in the series with the exam, i will never understand this meme
>>
File: Que.gif (527KB, 480x270px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
Que.gif
527KB, 480x270px
>>144411483
Why do we have to write a thesis paper on why the CA arc was trash when some of us watched it and thought " Damn, this shit is trash."
>>
>>144411800
CA arc is doo doo as far as I'm concern, but I too never got this reasoning.
>>
>>144412115
>why do i actually have to say why i think something is bad?
Classic /v/ermin 2011kid.
>>
>>144404300

Shota
>>
>>144411591
Not really.
>>144411639
Every ep that wasn't 116, 126, 131 or the final eps of the arc. But I guess that was mainly because they wanted to get their best animation directors for the iconic parts, so pacing had to take the blows. >>144412115
Yeah, well the entire argument is moot at this point.
>>
File: 1467028647225.jpg (968KB, 1528x1146px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1467028647225.jpg
968KB, 1528x1146px
>>144411800
This.
>>
>>144412392
I wasn't talking about the anime, i was asking what scenes you thought suffered because of the narration. I agree the anime shat the bed in the invasion with the all the fucking slow pans of feet with flute music even though i would say episode 111 is also pretty great.
>>
>>144412240
> only animefag would actually hate the CA arc

I read the manga still found it boring as hell, try again.
>>
>>144412580
You said watched you dumb backpedalling animenigger.
>>
>>144412636
>the notion of someone doing both is literally impossible

Actually, I watched the series first and later read the manga, hense the "still ( keyword) found it boring as hell."

Context clues are your friend, retard.
>>
>>144412888
The only context clues here are that you're a shonenshitter with bad taste
>>
>>144411800
>introduce Kakin and DC
Something that could have been done without so much filler.
>develop the MCs and their relationship, causing them to separate and change their motivations
Holy crap, Killua needle in the eye was one of the most bullshitting things in the whole series. They could have leave his problems as a psychological thing which he would have get rid off over time and actual character development, but no, magic needle on the eye. And no, Gon fucking things up and then just apologizing for the hundred time is not character development, and even if there was any kind of development it went to the shitter after Kite surprisingly survived and he got resurrected by Killua fairy godparent. The changes you are talking about are from the Election arc, not the CA arc.
>give more background and world building regarding the Hunter association
Election arc?
>kill off one of the most important characters in the series, directly causing the events of the two following arcs
You mean Netero, one character that nobody ever gave a shit about and was introduced just to die and give foot the next arc? Yeah, just what i'm saying, the whole CA arc was meaningless and pointless, just a filler arc like any other in Naruto or Bleach.
>>
>>144412951
>This butt blasted over an opinion
Just kill yourself, you won't be missed.
>>
>>144412951
>The only context clues here are that you're a shonenshitter with bad taste
I didn't know we were describing HxH fans.
>>
>>144413122
>filler arc
>in manga

Hate to be that guy, but nigga you need to google the word 'filler' because that word doesn't mean what you think it means.
>>
>>144404300
It's just hipster's Naruto written by a shotacon.
Literature for 12 years old doesn't deserve this much attention but then again shounenfags are eternal man children.
>>
>>144413122
>manga arc that impacts two of the main characters and the story in a major way unlike any other arc
>filler
>>
>>144413180
Wow I fucked up that post
I just finished the Heaven's Arena arc (I think, Gon just gave Hisoka his tag back and then left the arena) Is the next arc much better? Killua's family arc and this arc weren't very enjoyable, I honestly enjoyed the Hunter Exam a lot more.
>>
>>144413392
Hate to be that guy, but why don't you google the word "filler", it's really helpful. Also
>what is the fullbringer arc
>>
>>144413543
How is Togashi a shotacon?
>>
>>144411437
>point

Point was to enjoy it.
>>
>>144413591

The real meat of the show just started for you, congrats.
>>
>>144413591
And of course I reply to the wrong post as well. At least I've deleted it.
>>
>>144405265
I would love to give this anime a 10, bro
>>
>>144413612
Meruem was literally a little boy and he was practically naked the entire time
>>
Greatest anime show ever
>>
>>144413684
I certainly didn't, except for Killua going really fast and Meruem going "what is love? Baby dont hurt me". And Netero jobbing yeah.
>>
File: Best Girl.jpg (909KB, 1240x1754px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
Best Girl.jpg
909KB, 1240x1754px
>>144406826
Looks like a girl to me senpai

>there are no cute girls in Hunter x Hunter

Pic related, best girl
>>
>>144413602
If it's in the original source material (manga), and it furthers the story, it's not filler. Chimera ant arc is overly drawn out, no doubt, but it equally part of the story line as greed island, or the zoldyck mini arc.
>>
>>144411483
Ganbatte, duder
>>
>>144413969

HxH certainly isn't for people who enjoy wan piss.
>>
>>144413122
>Something that could have been done without so much filler.
You can say that literally about any fucking event you dipshit, read a synopsis if other things happening that are specific to an arc in particular trigger your ADHD this bad.

>needle meme
It was psychological, the only thing the needle did was prevent him from moving past it. It still was a character development moment regardless of how you feel about the execution.
>Gon fucking things up and then just apologizing for the hundred time
Can you paint a broader stroke with your greasy fingers you fucking autist? At this point you're not even trying to argue a point, you're trying to damage control. There was literally no other event where Gon acted the way he did in CA.

>Election arc?
It did it before that and served to introduce temp hunters and the fact there was some fuckery behind the scenes, hinting at Pariston. You probably missed that because you're an autistic speedreader though.

>You mean Netero
Yes Netero, the guy in charge of the thing that is literally the title of the series. He is one of the most important characters even if you don't care about him.
>filler arc
You are literally retarded, you might as well call Yorkshin a filler arc you dumb fuck.

Not even memeing but consider killing yourself.
>>
>>144413969
The retards who don't know what the word jobbing means are by far the biggest faggots on this board
>>
File: 1383898323581.jpg (61KB, 524x479px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1383898323581.jpg
61KB, 524x479px
>>144404300
why are most threads on /a/ bait threads?
>>
>>144412888
>backpedalling this hard
I'm talking about your original post. You just quoted your last post you fucking retard.
You never talked about reading in that first post, you only mentioned watching it.
>>
>>144411573
>Even when they are facing stronger enemies like Genthru they win through elaborating a strategy or tricking them, and that's when they fight at all.
That's kind of my point, though. In order to even get to the point where they could challenge Genthru Gon and Killua had to train their asses off until they were multiple times stronger than before, yet still weaker than their enemy. I'm not saying that's a bad thing, just that in the universe of the story they wouldn't have stood a chance had they not trained at all. Training clearly factored into their victory, therefore strength is clearly a factor in their universe.

>And i find it strange that you compare nen users to non-nen users for HxH but don't do the same with stand users and regular people for JoJo.
Touche.
>>
>>144404300
I want to fuck killua until he cries
>>
File: Ok..jpg (66KB, 1366x768px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
Ok..jpg
66KB, 1366x768px
>>144414454
> how dare you not mention that you mention watching AND reading HxH REEEEEEEE!!!
>>
I binged the entire manga like a week ago. I enjoyed it. I don't think I'd ever do myself the disservice of ever watching a shounen again, though.

My only real criticism is about how harshly Gon took Kite's death. I saw that nigga on like 50 pages tops - no where near enough time to actually care for him. If it was Killua that got killed I could understand Gon's reaction and his choices, but didn't Kite just save Gon from a bear once and then had a fireside chat with him?

Also the "We're in a game lol" arc was kinda boring until the end. Pretty boring, actually.
>>
>>144414468
I want Hisoka to fuck my ass until he gives me a butt baby.
>>
>>144414466
>Gon and Killua had to train their asses off until they were multiple times stronger than before
Was that a thing? I'm pretty sure the only thing Gon trained in was mastering using Gyo quickly to protect himself. If you're talking about before entering Greed Island they were complete shitters who didn't even have a hatsu, getting stronger doesn't mean much.

Though now i kind of see what you mean, but i still find it pretty silly that you talk about people being better at fighting than others as "power levels", especially when nen abilities are thrown in the mix.
>>
>>144411800
You forgot that it showed humans are evil.
>>
>>144404300
Hxh is a deconstruction of the shonen genre.

Hunter Exam Arc: The "contest" arc, in which several characters need to compete with each other in order to win a title. This arc examines what would actually happen in a contest filled with superhumans- the normal humans die in brutal ways, the empowered individuals run rampant and murder dozens, and Gon barely survives only because the only two people that know Nen are Hisoka and Illumi, who likes Gon enough to keep him alive for Hisoka and barely processes Gon's presence for Illumi.

Phantom Troupe Arc: The "villain squad" arc, in which the heroes face off against a group of evil villains. This arc examines what would happen if you took superpowered humans and put them in the real world- the power gap between the troupe and the mafia goons is massive, and only Kurapika, who has limited his arsenal to specifically only fight the troupe can stand a chance. Even still, Kurapika can only do so little, and most of the troupe is still alive.

Chimera Ant Arc: The "enemy army" arc, in which a large enemy force accosts the heroes, with a powerful leader. This arc in particular examines the idea of having an enemy that is significantly stronger than you- from the enemy's perspective. What is it like being devastatingly stronger than everyone else? How would something that is on another level from everything process the worth of other creatures? What would something that was meteorically stronger than everything else think when it realizes that other creatures can think just like it can? What would it constitute as strength? The Chimera Ant King is a rather somber answer to all of these questions. Even more deconstructive is that the humans actually cheat to win- upon learning that he will die and realizing no one else can stop the king, Netero detonates a nuclear bomb in his chest than eventually kills the King from radiation poisoning, rather than a straight up fight.
>>
>>144414699
The reason Gon took Kite's death so harshly is because he felt guilty for it and wanted to fix it.
Kite also saved his life like 3 times and was the one to tell him about Ging, i think anyone would feel indebted to life to someone if that happened. Even if you didn't care about him Gon did.
>>
>>144414629
>only say you watched thing
>expect me to guess you read it as well
Nice one you fucking sperg
>>
>>144414629
>OPM
>REEEEEEEE
>!!
Amazing.
>>
>>144414755
>Was that a thing?
They trained for a good fraction of volume 15. Biscuit made them dig through mountains and other shit.
>>
Two questions
1. Is there (good) romance?
2. Original or 2011?
>>
>>144415022
Only in the Ant arc
Manga
>>
>>144415022
There is no romance, also don't touch 2011.
>>
>>144406826
>spats under skirts
This is my fetish
>>
>>144414891
>still enraged for some reason.
KEK.
>>
>>144414855
I understand the reason Gon felt the way he did, I dislike the way the author handled the entire situation. If I saw more of Kite as a reader I most likely wouldn't have this complaint, which is why I used Killua as an example. Very prominent character with enough screen-time to develop a connection to.

Maybe it's different for those who have instead watched the series since it's literally more time spent with the characters depending on pacing, but in my case it was only a number of pages. I seriously felt more for any of the characters taking part in the castle invasion because so much more development was given to them.
>>
>>144415022
Read it, look up your favorite fights on youtube in both versions.
>>
>>144415077
>Don't touch 11
That's not fair, don't be pretentious.
>>144415022
Watch both if you want.,
>>
>>144415022
Gon/Killua is the greatest love story of all time
>>
>>144404497
>watch
>>
>>144415077
>>144415064
>>144415227
>>144415271
>>144415291
I don't know if my brain can handle watching something that long with no (straight) love interest
>>
>>144415318
Then watch a slice of life moe anime fag.
>>
>>144415318
kill yourself
>>
>>144415183
The audience doesn't really need to care about Kite, you're not actually supposed to empathize so strongly with Gon. His reaction to Kite's death is portrayed as a negative thing. The more we care about Kite, the more righteous Gon seems, and the less effective the message is.
>>
>>144411437
This might be the most retarded post I've read on /a/
>>
>>144415318
>(straight)
Get a load of this faggot.
>>
>>144415318
Then go watch haremshit or Bleach for the shipping or whatever, anime romance is trash
>>
>>144415318
Is romance really the only thing that keeps your attention? If yes then you shouldn't bother with it, there's pretty much none.
>>
>>144415342
>>144415362
>>144415410
Thanks just finished rewatching CCS. Gonna start princess tutu

Doesn't even have to be straight out romance, but no female characters of interest just screams a waste of time

And 140 episodes? Hahaha. I bet you think one piece is (still) good too

>>144415417
Nah, but no cute girls means I'd have a tough time keeping interest for so long
>>
144415453
Poor bait doesn't deserve a (You).
>>
>>144415453
Kay, keep your adhd tenancies away then.
>>
>>144415453
Why are you still blogging in a thread about a series you're never going to watch, defending your retarded criteria for watching anime? If you don't want to watch it, don't. Jesus christ.
>>
>>144415453
>princess tutu
Enjoy, anon.
>>
>>144414779
>Hxh is a deconstruction of the shonen genre.

I see people parroting this shit all the time despite HxH tendency to live up to troupes as often as it averts them.

>>144415318
>I don't know if my brain can handle watching something that long with no (straight) love interest

Jesus fuck man, the absence of shipping is one of the best aspect about HxH, shit gets accomplished all the fucking time without some stupid 'I wanna help to' loser bitch fucking it up, get some fucking dignity.
>>
>>144415600
The only people who talk about deconstructions or following tropes are autistic TVTropes children.
>>
File: sakura_burn.jpg (706KB, 1440x1080px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
sakura_burn.jpg
706KB, 1440x1080px
>>144415560
I had interest in watching it when entering the thread, and you guys just helped me lose it.
I've seen pretty images of the original anime and it's animated by Nippon animation which I love, so there's still interest in the back of my head.

>>144415574
Thanks, it looks lovely.

>>144415600
Sorry I shouldnt have made this about romance. I just want notable female characters.
>>
>>144415716
I'd still say give it a chance as characters are enjoyable enough that them being female won't even matter. If it makes you feel better there are notable females in HxH but they don't show up till around the third arc.
>>
>>144415716
There are cute girls but they're not exactly numerous or have too much panel time. Doubt it's enough to keep your interest.
>>
>>144415716
>notable female characters
HxH has them, although the first arc or two are kind of bare. >>144415064 is right, one of the most important characters of CA arc is female.
If you can't appreciate an adventure story on its own though I can't see you liking it.

Also you have a good eye because 1999 anime > 2011 anime.
>>
File: fkking.png (216KB, 393x391px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
fkking.png
216KB, 393x391px
>>144405421
hunterfags are so fucking desperate
>>
File: 1466891178873.jpg (44KB, 358x205px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1466891178873.jpg
44KB, 358x205px
>>144415716
Starting at the third arc, the manga starts to get good female characters.

Might not be enough for you though, if that's all you're interested in. The current arc has a literal boat load of plot relevant female characters but it's the 8th arc(340 chapters in) and the manga is on hiatus.
>>
>>144416177
>killing MCs are the only thing that makes a shonen deviate from the norm
Don't be a retard anon.
>>
>>144416177
>killing an Mc is changing the formula.

Anon pls
>>
>>144414296
Pardon me, but introducing a character as the biggest hot shit around just to get killed right away is the very definition of a jobber, just saying.
>>
>>144416621
Are you talking about Netero? It was stated from the start he was much weaker than Meruem.
>>
>>144405550
haha dummy
>>
>>144405550
How did I miss this jewel of a post.
>>
File: 1467208746281.jpg (162KB, 700x591px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1467208746281.jpg
162KB, 700x591px
>>144404300
>Can someone please explain the appeal of this show to me?
>>
File: 1431891282286.png (170KB, 403x393px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1431891282286.png
170KB, 403x393px
>>144405550
Shit dude
Is that supposed to be ironic?
>>
>>144414234
>You can say that literally about any fucking event you dipshit
How? The hunter exam, Yorkshin, Greed Island, Dark Continent, everything was an important part of the series and introduced lots of important character and new mechanics to it. The whole CA arc was lengthened way too much just to become a stepping stone in the story.
>needle meme
It was an asspull however you call it and it had nothing to do with the CA arc, it was just an excuse to make Killua "break his limits" without making the story even larger that it was.
>sperging out and buzzwords
Gon has always acted on a whim just because and then apologized, "yeah Gon, you can fuck up all you want but don't do it again teehee", the only difference this time is that his plot armor didn't work and everything end up bad, and yet again, Gon acted on a whim without taking in count the consequences, just to end up in the same situation as always
"holy shit I fucked up, I should have died"
"We won, and literally nobody died except the old dude, so just don't do it again"
"Alrgiht"
For reference why don't you re-read the whole series again?
>>
>>144404300

Literally the only thing that interested me about this show was Kurapika's quest for revenge. He actually used his head instead of brute force and the way he analysed situations was genuinely interesting. I also liked how his powers had clear limitations and could only be used for specific purposes, whereas those dumb kids just have boring super strength/speed.

I really couldn't care less for those two dumb kids and I ended up skipping through the show in search for more Kurapika. I eventually learned that he barely ever appears after the second arc so I dropped that shit show.
>>
File: HxH_c344_p03-04.jpg (418KB, 1576x1145px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
HxH_c344_p03-04.jpg
418KB, 1576x1145px
>>144417484
You don't deserve to read the DC arc. Also, everything you said about Kurapika also applies to Killua.
>>
The literal asspull rose bomb made me abandon this mess of a manga.
>>
>>144417550
foreshadowed several times
>>
>>144417387
>exam
Nothing happened except the MCs meeting and failing or passing, should have cut down on the filler
>Yorkshin
Nothing happened except Kurapika changing his goals and killing two dudes, should have cut down on the filler
>Greed Island
Nothing happened except Gon and Killua getting stronger and almost meeting Ging, should have cut down on the filler

Do you see where i'm going with this or are you too retarded?

>It was an asspull however you call it
Yeah, i mean it's not as if Illumi used needles to control people since his first appearance or anything.
>it had nothing to do with the CA arc
It had to do with Killua's cowardly ways and potentially leaving Gon behind to die, which he did anyway. It was relevant to his character and the events of the arc itself even if he did leave Gon to die in another way.

>Gon has always acted on a whim just because and then apologized
What, are you complaining because his character is consistent now? As i said, "fucking up" is a pretty broad fucking stroke, you're oversimplifying it most likely because of your severe attention disorder.
>>
File: 1463707128872.gif (3MB, 539x303px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1463707128872.gif
3MB, 539x303px
>>144417710
>filler
>>
>>144417550
>rose bomb
>asspull

Nigga they even talked about nukes and WMDs
>>
>>144417514

Err no. Killua has just normal super powers. He can run really really fast and punch really really hard. That's it. Perhaps he gets some other abilities later, but I didn't have the patience to wait for that. He's also just the usual "super mega prodigy" who is just amazing for the sake of being amazing, whereas Kruapika only has superpowers due to gambling everything on one specific goal. Overall, the writing of the Yorknew City arc was so much better than the garbage that came later. There was a good buildup, genuine tension and witty tactics. It made you think what the next move of the respective characters would be (i.e. other than "LET'S PUNCH REALLY HARD NOW TO SOLVE THE PROBLEM). The enemies were also far more threatening. I actually expected Ubogin to murder Kurapika.

What did the rest of the show consist of? Generic training arcs, an MMORPG arc that didn't even use the setting of the world in an interesting way, some overpowered bugs who got blown away by an asspull nuke and then some almighty magic kid which WOULD'VE been interesting if everybody had to obey the rules (but Killua can just bend all the rules cause he's one of the MCs).
>>
>>144417797

They never talked about them as a way to defeat the King or whatever the Cell ripoff was called. If there was a plan involving a nuke to defeat him, I wouldn't have complained. But nope. The old fart just suddenly had a bomb up his ass and killed Cell with it.

That's akin to a seemingly unarmed person shooting the bad guy in the last second by pulling a gun out of his ass, a literal asspull.
>>
>>144417810
>Err no. Killua has just normal super powers. He can run really really fast and punch really really hard.
Are you saying speed can't have interesting applications? Darts fight and the entire Election arc comes to mind
>He's also just the usual "super mega prodigy" who is just amazing for the sake of being amazing
He is a prodigy, but is held back by his psychological issues, thats the point
>There was a good buildup, genuine tension and witty tactics
This applies to every arc in HxH
>LET'S PUNCH REALLY HARD NOW TO SOLVE THE PROBLEM
This is never a thing in HxH
>asspull nuke
Just stop posting
>>
Hunter Exam > Yorknew City >>> Chimera Ant > Videogame Crap > Election Time >> Killua's Family
>>
>>144417900
in other words you need your foreshadowing to be explicitly spoonfed instead of subtly hinted at and consistent with the thematics of the arc
>>
>>144417900
>hey guys nukes exist
>shit i guess someone's gonna have to die to do this
>hey guys no matter what the RG does Meruem is fucked
>did i mention nukes exist?

It used something that was stated to exist volumes prior, how is that an asspull? Did you want Netero to explicitely say what he was going to do so it doesn't surprise the reader?
>>
Why is the 2011 anime considered bad?

Does Leorio stop being useless?
>>
>>144418081
It's not bad, it just offers nothing for manga readers (besides a few episodes like 116) because it's a panel-by-panel adaptation.
>>
>>144417810
Yorkshin was fucking garbage and the fans are the most pretentious retards on these threads.
>barely any Troupe members get characterization
>"emperor time makes me super strong lol"
>jobbing all around
>random fucking filler of the others trying to earn money that goes nowhere
>"lol btw nen stays after death sometimes so we won't go after Kurapika"

The fights were actually LESS witty than they were in the rest of the series, no fucking wonder a retard like you thinks Gon solves things by punching stronk or that the rose was an asspull. Kill yourself.
>>
>>144417949
>This is never a thing in HxH

Dude, they train so they can punch harder and then use their stronger punches to defeat stronger enemies. The amount of time this shit takes up is infuriating and this comes from somebody who normally likes mindless battle shonen. It also doesn't help that the motivation of the MC doesn't make much sense. I get that a kid wants to see his biological dad. But being this obsessed with meeting a person you've never seen before is just retarded. In fact, his shitty dad is so shitty that I as a viewer don't even care if they ever meet. In fact, I would prefer them never to meet. So why should I care about Gon or Gong or whatever the uninteresting little kid's name is? I don't. HxH main story is just horrible. It had some nice side stories but didn't do anything with them.
>>
>>144418213
>they train so they can punch harder and then use their stronger punches to defeat stronger enemies
No they don't. Give examples.
>The amount of time this shit takes up is infuriating
There is one training arc in HxH
>this comes from somebody who normally likes mindless battle shonen
That explains why you dislike HxH.
>>
>>144418213
Dumbass, Gon flat out admits he doesn't care about meeting Ging and just sees him as a cool relative. He just wanted to find him, because that's an achievement as a hunter.
>>
File: 1463482923349.gif (1MB, 300x225px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1463482923349.gif
1MB, 300x225px
>>144418213
>>Dude, they train so they can punch harder and then use their stronger punches to defeat stronger enemies.
Am I being rused, is this bait? I can't tell anymore, I really wish I had the strength to kill myself.
>>
>>144418213
Out of all the stupid shit you typed you had to talk about Gon's motivation, where he literally says he didn't care about meeting Ging and just wanted to find him. You are clinically retarded.
>>
>>144418035

I can't believe how people can defend this.

Even Narutards admit that Kaguya's appearance at the end was dumb because nothing indicated that it would or could happen. Yes, Kaguya was MENTIONED before. Simply mentioning something is not foreshadowing though. The same applies here.

The point is that it's the most anticlimactic thing ever to end a supposedly epic battle by "oh did I forget to mention that I have this deus ex machina up my sleeves? You're dead now, bye!"
>>
>>144418330
How about how Zeno talked about his hunger for an opponent as strong if not stonger than him for like 5 pages, or how Netero mentioned he was past his prime and also how he wanted a strong opponent?
>>
>>144418068

And we all know that James Bond has all kinds of amazing gadgets. It would still be unsatisfying and dumb if Bond pulled out a gadget to defeat the final bad guy which wasn't introduced for that specific mission and, therefore, the viewer never knew that Bond even had the damn thing.
>>
>>144418330
>Simply mentioning something is not foreshadowing though.
Yes it literally is you dipshit, if you say "nukes exist" and then use one a number of chapters later it is the literal definition of foreshadowing.
>deus ex machina
Classic case of the retarded TVTropes child using words he doesn't know, there was nothing preventing Togashi from writing Meruem to not be able to get through Netero's defense or Zero Hand killing him because we had no clue of where they stood on a power scale.
Also i'm pretty sure a nuclear blast doesn't consitute as anticlimatic.
>>
>>144418330
It's a fucking cheap bomb. It's nothing special in universe, it's not a super power, it's something we all know exists. It's not a deus ex machina just because it surprised you, that's the fucking point. And while it's technically an anticlimax in terms of narrative structure, the actual scene was extremely climactic and impactful.
>>
>>144418432

What does that have to do with the shitty way the fight ended? That's just cliché battle shonen talk.
>>
>>144418438
How is that a good comparison at all? They mentioned nukes specifically, not something broad like gadgets. You are fucking stupid anon.
>>
>>144404300
I feel the same way about Fairy Tail.
>>
>>144418451
>Yes it literally is you dipshit, if you say "nukes exist" and then use one a number of chapters later it is the literal definition of foreshadowing.

No. Foreshadowing = indicating that something will happen. Mentioning that frogs exist isn't foreshadowing that the bad guy will step on a frog, slip and break his neck in the final battle.
>>
>>144417710
>Exam
Introduction of the world and setting and everything?
>Yorkshin
Expansion of said world and the characters in it?
>Greed Island
You got that right, it was the next step into Gon and Killua training, Wing just taught them the basics, it still was part of the main story though.
>Chimera ant
"So let's throw this bunch of irrelevant characters into the story and make them fight because, oh yeah, Gon got involved somehow in the mess"
Again, it was just a loooong waste of time just to introduce the whole Dark Continent part, which I hope get to see in this lifetime.
>>
>>144418468
>the actual scene was extremely climactic and impactful.

For HxH fanboys, perhaps. All it did for me was make me raise my eyebrow and say "seriously?" out loud.
>>
>>144418564
>comparing nukes to frogs
Did you type this with a straight face?
Also no, there are more ways to foreshadow something than straight up announce it. Also i'm pretty sure that would fall under exposition and not foreshadowing.
>>
>>144418617
Likely because you're a retard who didn't get the message
>>
>>144418617
Same here. I recommend One Piece because it's elric.
>>
>>144418609
You could say the same fucking thing about the exam or Yorkshin you dumbass, they both had irrelevant characters that fought because. At least the CA arc changed the dynamics between the MCs and introduced characters to be relevant later on. Just like you could use the same "expansion of said world and the characters in it" shit for CA.
You are biased and fucking stupid.
>>
>>144418213
Gon is a fucking retard, you really didn't got that form every single moment in this series? Just pretend Killua is the MC and Gon is his wacky sidekick, it enriches your HxH experience.
>>
>>144418631
>there are more ways to foreshadow something than straight up announce it.

Indeed there are. Subtle hints for instance. Simply saying "oh by the way XYZ exists", however, is not a hint that something specific will happen involving XYZ.

You also need to learn what a comparison is. A comparison would be "frogs are similar to nuke". Me using an example of a random thing to explain foreshadowing to you is not a comparison to anything. It's a simple example, honey.
>>
>>144404300
I got tricked into watching it too.

Some may think I'm trolling but it is literally Naruto tier anime. In fact Naruto may be better since the Chakra system is better explained and the fights are much better in Naruto
>>
Never watched or read it but it appears to be some kind of pedophile pandering.
>>
You are biased and fucking stupid.
>>
>>144418617
>literally being too retarded to follow a series for children
Made me raise my eyebrow and say "seriously?" out loud.
>>
>>144418759
That's just you projecting.
>>
>>144418293
>No they don't. Give examples.

That ponytailed chick in the game world who made them dig a tunnel or something.
>>
>>144418763
Mean to quote this guy >>144418698
>>
>>144418751

Naruto is definitely better. Hell, even Sakura is a better developed character than Gon.
>>
>>144418749
>Subtle hints for instance
Like Netero saying the CA ordeal wouldn't end without a sacrifice? Or mentioning that he and Meruem would be fighting in a nuclear weapons testing ground?

It is not only foreshadowed but foreshadowed extensively. Don't blame the series for your own incompetency
>>
>>144418749
How about the fact that Netero said the area they were in is used to test WMDs? Or the fact Knov said they wouldn't be able to save Meruem? Or maybe all the heart imagery around Netero?
And yes, you literally compared tripping on a frog to getting nuked by someone prepared. Look up the definition of "comparison". If you want to argue semantics make sure you're not a complete retard.
>>
>>144418840
That's the thing. At least Naruto has girls.

Hxh is all dudes. The only girl are some weird animals and an old lady pretending to be a girl
>>
File: 1427600383270.jpg (37KB, 401x349px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1427600383270.jpg
37KB, 401x349px
>>144418840
That's some low quality bait senpai
>>
>>144418751
>>144418840
Here's your (You), you can fuck off back to narutoforums now.
>>
>>144418910
Gon has 0 development
>>
>>144418532
>>144417797
So because nukes were mentioned at some point, having a nuke stuck in your ass is to be expected?
>>
>>144418293
All fucking HxH except for Yorkshin and DC is a training arc. That shows that Kurapika makes this show great.
>>
>>144418971
>i don't know what a training arc is
>show
Pikafags showing they are just as retarded as Killuafags again.
>>
>>144418971
I can't tell if this is falseflagging or Pikafags have hit a new low.
>>
>>144418971
>falseflagging
>>
>>144418840
>this red ribbon is better than this pebble in the road
Not really an accomplishment.
>>
>>144419092
What.
>>
>>144418893
>And yes, you literally compared tripping on a frog to getting nuked by someone prepared.

I LITREALLY did? Ok then quote me saying that there are similarities between tripping on a frog and getting nuked.

All I remember doing was using an example to illustrate my point. When people are talking about the ship of Theseus to illustrate the problem of identity, are they comparing ships to human beings? Is that what you're thinking, my intellectually degenerate friend?
>>
>>144419177
>there are similarities between tripping on a frog and getting nuked
>>
>>144418562
People outside of Middle School hold Fairy Tale up that high?
>>
>>144418967
>stated that nukes exist
>stated that Netero has access to any means necessary
>stated that Netero is also 100% dedicated to his mission and ready to die

If you are this stupid i genuinely think you may have some sort of brain problems. If you are just shitposting then what's the point of pretending you are retarded just so that someone on the internet can say you're stupid?
>>
>>144415716
Hello, hardcore shippingtrash anon over here.
HxH has one of the most beautiful romance stories I have ever seen (yes, even comparing it with CCS) and I bawled my eyes out every time I read or rewatched it. The character development of the series is enough to satisfy any romance cravings due to its emotional points in the plot and its exploration of interpersonal relationships. There are also PLENTY of females who are unique and incredibly well written. Even sjw tumblrinas agree that HxH does an incredible job showcasing realistic females without any cliche bullshit. Trust me, it will definitely satisfy.
>>
>>144419207
Oh I thought we were having a genuine conversation. Ok then let's have fun using disingenius quote mines instead.

You literally said that you are a retarded child:

>I (...) am (...) a (...) reatarded (...) child

See?
>>
>>144419177
A metaphor is fundamentally a comparison.
Talking of comparisons, comparing your retarded shitposting to the ship of Theseus shows how much of a delusional fucktard you are.
>>
>>144418840
Friendly reminder that Naruto was BASED OFF hunter x hunter. Kishimoto is a big Togashi fan
>>
>>144419216
When was it stated that there are people running around with nukes up their asses or that this was even a viable means to defeat the super mega ants?

In fact, why were they so afraid of these ants in the first place? A bomb which was said to be relatively weak and cheap completely destroys them. Defeating them should've been a cakewalk. Were they all just too greedy to afford good bombs and that's why they bothered sacrifcing all those Nen users who are absolutely worthless compared to the technology that is available in that world? Just use some long distance rockets. Nah, even that's too much effort. They die due to radiation. So just send in some exterminators with radiation suits.
>>
>>144419011
Man, you mistake one word and everyone meme on you. Also the whole point of the series is the main cast training, getting faster and stronger and boosting your aura.
>>
>>144419440

Which metaphor? Saying that somebody steps on a frog is not a metaphor, you troglodyte.
>>
>>144419571
I was talking about the ship of Theseus. Nice reading comprehension, and also you just admitted it had nothing to do with your argument.
>>
>>144419488
Kishi was mainly inspired by Tori's work. And Togashi used to make good stuff before that abomination. Not to mention that Kishi is a pretty shitty writer himself, so I don't know what your point was to begin with.
>>
>>144419630

The ship of Theseus is not a metaphor either, you uneducated tard.
>>
>>144419630
>also you just admitted it had nothing to do with your argument.

No I didn't. Are you delusional or something? I used it as an example. Is that a foreign concept to you?
>>
>>144418901
>Machi
>Komugi
>Palm
>Bisky
>Shizuku
>Neon
>Zazan
>Melody
>Menchi
>Mito
>Canary
>Kite / Reina
>Amane
>Piyon
>Geru
>Spin
>Eeta
>Elena
>Alluka
>Cheadle
>Pitou
>Hina
>Ponzu
>Paku
> Eliza
>Elevator girl / Cocco
>Cluck
>Baise
> Retz (Movie)

And that's only some of the ones in the anime, not manga.
>>
>>144419525
Again, i already explained to you that you didn't need to explicitely say something to foreshadow it. You even admitted subtle hints was the definition, so at this point i am convinced are you are either actually retarded or that you're not even trying anymore with your shitposting.

And the whole point of the nuke was to show the ants never stood a chance against humanity, if you are only realizing this was a major theme just now you probably do have brain problems.
>>
>>144419882

The only names I recongize belong to monsters.
>>
>>144419712
Merriam-Webster defines metaphor as "an object, activity, or idea that is used as a symbol of something else". That's exactly what it is.
>>144419763
Then what's the point of bringing it up at all if it doesn't illustrate your argument?
>>
>>144419666
Point was to tell the fag who thinks Naruto is superior to GTFO when they don't know shit.
>>
>>144419939
Sounds like a personal problem.
>>
>>144404300
I like how consistent its battle system is
>>
where HxH MANGA??
>>
File: machibestgirl.png (1MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
machibestgirl.png
1MB, 1920x1080px
>>144419939
OK ANON HERE WE GO
This is Machi. She's the hottest and most baddast female and #1 waifu.
>>
>>144419666
>that abomination
I wouldn't be so harsh on YYH. Plus the stuff he came up with later is much better, Level E is great and HxH is fantastic.
Plus Kishi was clearly inspired by Togashi when he wrote his exam even if it's also obvious he was highly inspired by DB.
>>
File: qtkomugi.gif (502KB, 245x251px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
qtkomugi.gif
502KB, 245x251px
>>144419939
Komugi is the sweet booger girl who steal hearts and changes the entire CA plot into a tragic love story
>>
File: NICEPALM.png (724KB, 671x1024px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
NICEPALM.png
724KB, 671x1024px
>>144419939
this is Palm in her sweet form. But don't be fooled!
>>
>>144419909
Yeah, the whole point was to undo all the compltely unnecessary hype and fear mongering that dominated the entire arc. As I said: anticlimactic as fuck.

You could also get the same point across in a much better way. The ending of Parasyte the Maxim did a far better job at this. Good foreshadowing with the garbage truck as well as the woman saying that parasytes are fragile creatures and that they are underestimating humanity. None of that in HxH. Just "hurr durr I have a bomb up my ass deal with it". And no, some remarks here and there don't excuse a completely defeated man with no arms and legs having a fucking trump card out of nowhere. It's cheap, dumb, bad writing.
>>
File: COOLPALM.png (1MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
COOLPALM.png
1MB, 1920x1080px
>>144419939
Best Palm is in her mermaid form. Really one of the most outstanding female character developments and a key element in the story arc.
>>
>>144420005

Naruto is superior. Even if Kishi was 100% inspired by HxH, this doesn't mean that HxH is better. A painter can get inspired by a dog turt. That doesn't mean the dog turt is art.
>>
File: spankmeplsbisky.jpg (39KB, 480x480px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
spankmeplsbisky.jpg
39KB, 480x480px
>>144419939
This is Bisky or Biscuit. The most powerful female and cutest loli. Also Gon and Killua's master
>>
>>144420207
im confused, how is him having no limbs relevant? the bomb detonates when his heart stops. youre reaching also comparing parasyte's lazy environmentalism message and one dimensional villains to chimera ant FAVORABLY is fucking stupid. ca is parasyte done right.
>>
File: 1463781836099.png (114KB, 430x454px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1463781836099.png
114KB, 430x454px
>>144420284
>Naruto is superior.
>the best and only good part is a carbon copy of one of the weakest HxH arcs
>>
File: bigtitsshizuko.jpg (72KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
bigtitsshizuko.jpg
72KB, 1280x720px
>>144419939
Shizuku is the quiet, smart, big tits one who is both sexy and cute
>>
>>144420362
Best part was Zabuza's arc which I don't think was ripped off from hxh
>>
File: beef.jpg (19KB, 236x390px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
beef.jpg
19KB, 236x390px
>>144420337
>Loli

Yeah anon sure thing.
>>
>>144420284
>turt
>>
>>144420414
Not that guy and no it wasn't but that ninja guy with the mirror move was a copy of HxH move.
>>
File: neoncomparison.jpg (290KB, 744x528px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
neoncomparison.jpg
290KB, 744x528px
>>144419939
Now if you prefer spoiled brats, Neon is the absolute cutest. Although I prefer 1999 Neon, she's smart and totally has the hots for the spider's danchou
>>
>>144420445
It's not her fault she's more ripped than Hisoka
>>
>>144420396
>sexy
i dunno mang, she looks like a one piece character to be honest.
>>
File: zazan.png (931KB, 1255x706px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
zazan.png
931KB, 1255x706px
>>144419939
Now Zazan is a monster, that's true. But she'll tickle your hidden fetish for sure
>>
>>144420207
The whole point is that the ants' perspective was skewed and they knew nothing of the world. You talk about hype like some autistic child.

The nuke was extensively but subtly foreshadowed so it didn't come out of nowhere, it was done really well. It also was a logical conclusion to Meruem's existential crisis and was all around great writing, even if your asspie ass can't catch a hint to save your life.
>>
File: shizuku1999.png (208KB, 631x478px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
shizuku1999.png
208KB, 631x478px
>>144420552
Then 1999 Shizuku is the one for you! Just imagine that hand around your anon cock
>>
>>144420414
Zabuza wasn't shit but i wouldn't call it good either, the Zabuza redemption felt very hamfisted and forced to me.
>>
>>144420347
It's relevant because that hack writer did everything in his power to indicate that the old fart had no options left and was completely defeated just to hit us with his "epic twist" of "lol I have a bomb in my ass".

I guess I'll never take any fight or otherwise dangerous situation this idiot writes seriously because every character can have whatever tool he needs in his ass. He and his idiot fans apparently think that's clever writing.

>comparing parasyte's lazy environmentalism message and one dimensional villains to chimera ant

So this is why everybody hates HxH fags. Yeah sorry if that grinds your gears, but I find your kiddy shonen show to be extremely shallow and badly written.
>>
File: melody.jpg (26KB, 580x250px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
melody.jpg
26KB, 580x250px
>>144419939
This is Melody. Hey, at least she has a good personality...
>>
>>144420588
Seriously, how in the fuck else were the humans gonna beat the Meruem and his guards?
>>
>>144420570
But that's a guy.
>>
>>144420663
Why the FUCK did they give her a playmobil plastic wig in 2011 when she's supposed to be fluffy
>>
>>144420701
KEK.
>>
File: 1360460479830.png (500KB, 720x540px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1360460479830.png
500KB, 720x540px
>>144420588
>HxH
>great writing
>>
File: menchi.png (290KB, 848x480px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
menchi.png
290KB, 848x480px
>>144419939
Now Menchi is a bossy tsundere kitchen goddess who is so sexy, but looked better in 1999 as well.
>>
File: 1433625020816.jpg (16KB, 201x194px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1433625020816.jpg
16KB, 201x194px
>>144420754
>meme arrow quote
>reaction image
>>
File: mito.jpg (18KB, 210x240px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
mito.jpg
18KB, 210x240px
>>144419939
Mito-san is kind, strong and motherly.. but technically not a mother so you can still get that mommy kink
>>
>>144420689
>did everything in his power to indicate that the old fart had no options left and was completely defeated
Fucking kek
He was laughing his ass off the entire time and Knov even said that no matter what the RG did they'd be too late, they even reinforced the notion that Netero knew he would die before the fight
>because every character can have whatever tool he needs in his ass
Isn't that the entire point of prep time, to stack odds in your favor? You're not very bright anon, i wouldn't quote you as an authority on what good writing is
>>
File: choco.png (1MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
choco.png
1MB, 1920x1080px
>>144419939
Canary is #1 choco lesbian loli
>>
File: 1463789874864.png (223KB, 510x346px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1463789874864.png
223KB, 510x346px
>>144404300
characters have chemistry and play off each other well
in Shonen that's a god send
>>
File: kite.jpg (17KB, 480x360px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
kite.jpg
17KB, 480x360px
>>144419939
Reina-Kite tho. Such beauty. Such grace. She'll punch you in the face.
>>
>>144420985
>characters have chemistry and play off each other well
You realize that this is one of the primary elements for a tv series or film to even be considered watchable right?
>>
File: amanecute.jpg (113KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
amanecute.jpg
113KB, 1280x720px
>>144419939
Amane is so cute! Choco loli's lesbian partner
>>
>>144421057
did you read the rest
>>
File: image.jpg (61KB, 720x405px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
image.jpg
61KB, 720x405px
>>144419882
>Alluka
>>
File: piyon.png (3MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
piyon.png
3MB, 1920x1080px
>>144419939
You wanted cute? Here's Piyon
>>
>>144421057
easier said than done as the majority of shows fail to pull this off.
>>
File: geru.png (4MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
geru.png
4MB, 1920x1080px
>>144419939
Geru is elegant, slick, and you can probably park your car in her forehead
>>
>>144421186
I hate rabbits, i was viciously attacked by one when I was a lad.
>>
File: spin.jpg (33KB, 640x360px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
spin.jpg
33KB, 640x360px
>>144419939
Now Spin ended up not having that big of a role in the anime series, but she's still mega cute! just look at her nails
>>
>>144421137
Someone explain me this meme, Killua calls Alluka "imouto", there's no ambiguity there.
>>
>>144421343
Everyone else calls him a boy and Killua even refers to him as his otouto once.
>>
File: elenaeeta.jpg (43KB, 477x477px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
elenaeeta.jpg
43KB, 477x477px
>>144419939
Here's some 1999 Eeta & Elena for your twin fetishes
>>
File: aaa.png (2MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
aaa.png
2MB, 1920x1080px
Are there really people who like these dirty thugs? They're like the ghetto trashes from the HxH world
we have
Manlet edgelord uncharismatic Hiei ripoff
Dumb alzheimer autistic girl
Human monster, the only level-headed beside the boss
Retarded beast who's put down by a novice
Boss's whore
Killua-like haircut and wears adidas clothings, and let their killers live
Street rat who's killed taking a crap
Hotheaded loudmouth
Useless Samurai 4M EN
and pseudo charismatic gothic asshole still looking for his own identity
the only worthy ones are shota trap, manchild and mummy, hope hisoka kills them all
>>
>>144421428
except kalluto ofc
>>
File: alluka.jpg (213KB, 1280x1547px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
alluka.jpg
213KB, 1280x1547px
>>144419939
Alluka! Pat her head! Wanna find out if she really is a girl? Then she might ask for more than just your hand's fingernail..
>>
File: gonsmom.jpg (126KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
gonsmom.jpg
126KB, 1280x720px
>>144419939
Who doesn't love puppies? Cheadle is best dog girl
>>
>>144421474
>your hand's fingernail
Seriously i can't be the only one who cringed during that scene. That's fucking gross.
>>
>>144421541
Cheadle is shit and she is not Gon's mom.
>>
>>144414948

>complaining about powerlevels
>hxh

You are a literal retard. It was made apparent throughout the whole fucking series that winning a fight depends on how creative you are with your powers. Even morel straight up states this.

And don't even bother bringing chimera ant arc into this. It wasn't about powerlevels and if you missed the fucking point then you are retarded.

If you want to shit on powerlevels go look at fairy tail, naruto, or whatever other shonenshit you can think of.
>>
File: pitou.jpg (103KB, 1600x900px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
pitou.jpg
103KB, 1600x900px
>>144419939
nya~n! Pitou will actually make you fall for a generic cat girl before you even realize you're a fag now
>>
>>144421611
Everyone knows Gon's mom is Pariston.
>>
>>144421428
This is literally all the reasons why the troupe is great bro get you some taste.
>>
File: Hina.png (815KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
Hina.png
815KB, 1280x720px
>>144419939
Hina's voice was annoying but she was seriously underrated in terms of cuteness. If you got a preggo kink, she'll do as well
>>
File: image.jpg (77KB, 564x733px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
image.jpg
77KB, 564x733px
>>144421428
They have best girls
>>
File: ponzuxpokkle.jpg (257KB, 809x580px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
ponzuxpokkle.jpg
257KB, 809x580px
>>144419939
Just don't get attached to Ponzu for too long
>>
>>144404300
the manga
>>
>>144407228
>Well I am an idiot then, I guess I won't post until I finish it.

how about you just never post again
>>
>>144421928
thats mean
>>
File: pakunoda.jpg (23KB, 640x360px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
pakunoda.jpg
23KB, 640x360px
>>144419939
If you can't stand looking at Pakunoda's face either, her tits are there for a reason! But she actually is one of the most captivating characters that will melt your heart with kindness
>>
File: eliza.png (191KB, 324x695px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
eliza.png
191KB, 324x695px
>>144419939
Technically Eliza is single now right??
>>
>>144421694
How the fuck was she remotely generic?
>>
File: cocco.jpg (41KB, 225x350px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
cocco.jpg
41KB, 225x350px
>>144419939
Announcer girl Cocco made the heaven's arena arc worth it
>>
File: cluck.png (2MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
cluck.png
2MB, 1920x1080px
>>144419939
Cluck's character design is beautiful because everything else about her is shit
>>
>>144420729
What's really offensive is that Shizuku wasn't the only victim of that bullshit.
>>
>>144405265
I bet you thought HxH was average but after you saw this video, you immediately thought it was a masterpiece
>>
File: baize.png (656KB, 960x538px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
baize.png
656KB, 960x538px
>>144419939
Honestly if Baise's kiss powers didn't exist, then the 2011 anime wouldn't be attracting as many killuaxgon fags as it does..
>>
File: shinku.jpg (33KB, 400x568px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
shinku.jpg
33KB, 400x568px
>>144419939
And if all the anime girls aren't enough, non-canon Retz is here for your doll loli interests
>>
>>144422100
She was by far the worst case though.
>>
File: Kurapika.png (430KB, 634x470px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
Kurapika.png
430KB, 634x470px
>>144413981
dis nigga gets it
>>
>>144421618
First of all I'm not complaining.
>And don't even bother bringing chimera ant arc into this. It wasn't about powerlevels and if you missed the fucking point then you are retarded.
It's about the lengths humanity will go to protect itself when it encounter a species that could easily wipe it out. How does that not involve power levels at least on a narrative level?
>>
File: 1468310815865.jpg (29KB, 355x399px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1468310815865.jpg
29KB, 355x399px
>it's another bait-ridden hxh thread
>>
The amount of retardations in this thread is appalling me beyond belief. Virtually all of these "criticisms" come from people who didn't have the patience to watch the show and thus ended up misunderstanding a whole lot.
>>144405614
>implying that any amount of dexterity, especially in a fantasy world that tries to be realistic, would allow you to kill people with cards
>being this retarded
He still has to throw them with great accuracy and skill, nen only told us how the f those cards were strong enough to pierce human bodies to begin with.
>>144405775
Refer to above reply. Superhuman physical strength and speed were always implied to be just that, physical, but there is no way cards could ever be thrown and be able pierce opponents without some other unexplained element. Also, he is called "the Magician." That implies extra-physical powers are at play in this universe. Also that scene when Hisoka is letting out his bloodlust during the penultimate Hunter exam stage and clearly something supernatural is happening.
>>144411483
Someone else is feeling as frustrated as me as well, thank god.
>>
File: 1459317502040.png (183KB, 375x549px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1459317502040.png
183KB, 375x549px
>>144423153
>>
File: 1465750796603.jpg (3KB, 125x116px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1465750796603.jpg
3KB, 125x116px
Not even going to link to it
The fucking fuck is wrong with HxH threads.
It's all shit flinging retard, baiters, manga facists and shitposters. I admit to watching 2011 first, not knowing the history of the book or knowing the creator made YuYu until like the 3rd season. Loving the design of the characters, their abilities, the creatures that inhabit the world and the power system of nen, and with all the content of not only the anime of either adaptation, but the fucking thousands of panels. But no, you all have to shit on all of it due to your fucking wait for the hiatus and your self indulgence.
>>
144423153
The v&s are coming
>>
File: 1466058889898.jpg (105KB, 1024x1541px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1466058889898.jpg
105KB, 1024x1541px
>>144423349
>season
meant arc, just want to make sure you fags don't deviate from the point.
>>
File: 1430948865575.jpg (8KB, 206x140px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1430948865575.jpg
8KB, 206x140px
>>144423153
>>
Phantom Troupe is GOAT. Really hope the latest Hisoka vs. Chrollo fight and aftermath gets animated some day.
>>
>>144423349
>>144423388
There is a better HxH every single day.
>>
>>144423484
Hxh thread*
>>
>>144423153
>>144423507
>somebody thought of this
>somebody took the time to make this
>somebody looked at this and decided to post it for the world to see
>>
>>144422893
Because a bomb is distinctly separate to the entire concept of power levels. Same with board games, yet those things defeated the most physically and magically powerful being of the arc.
>>
>>144422035
I'm sorry for the confusion anon! Pitou is not generic. I meant that a neko-girl is a generic character of bad anime.
>>
>>144423589
it is amazing how people don't understand Meruem is literally taken from the "Perfect Cell" and retards still fail to get the message behind his defeats and development.
>>
>>144422035
Not the anon you were replying to, but I thought about this when they introduced her as well. Merely the fact that she is a very obvious cat girl makes her appearance "generic," because cat girls and how they look and act are pretty solidly in our collective subconsciousness at this point. However, Togashi wrote her (Pitou is a girl fuck you) so well that she is worthy of our attention as a great character.
>>
>>144421204
The majority of media is crap. Film, television, music, books, doesn't matter. Most of it is shit. However there's a lot of it, crazy amounts to consume, so even if only some of it's good, that's still a lot of good shit.
>>
>>144423589
My point is that you can't describe it without using the words"physically and magically powerful". I'm not trying to argue that HxH has a rigid power hierarchy that dictates its storytelling, that's stupid and honestly I'm extremely thankful it doesn't. What I'm saying is that the main motivation for the events of the CA arc is that humanity considered ants a threat, the reason behind that being ants were far and away more powerful than almost all humans. In other words, ants have a higher power level than humans, and lost in spite of this. Saying that HxH doesn't have power levels at all (note:I'm not accusing you of doing this) is like denying one of its core themes, that there's more to achieving victory than seeming more powerful.

>>144423829
This guy gets it. It's probably not a coincidence that Meruem looks like Cell. Togashi wanted to set your expectation for what kind of character he would be, and the payoff comes when you compare Meruem's death to Cell's death.
>>
>>144424138
Am I missing something here? It seems like >>144423829 is referring to you and your insistence on power level as the people who don't understand Meruem.

You're obviously just applying an overly broad definition to the term. It has a specific meaning in the context of battle shounen, and that meaning doesn't apply to CA arc.
>>
I just finished the 2011 Anime right now.
>>
>>144424592
>You're obviously just applying an overly broad definition to the term. It has a specific meaning in the context of battle shounen, and that meaning doesn't apply to CA arc.
You're probably right. Admittedly I only read all of HxH in the last couple weeks. Before this thread I wasn't aware the term was so stigmatized around these parts. I guess I'll follow the old rule and lurk moar.
>>
>>144424908

Makes me think... is Ging basically a metaphor for a typical black father?
>>
File: b8m8.png (794KB, 955x927px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
b8m8.png
794KB, 955x927px
>>144404300
>>
>>144425138
No, he was willing to have Gon come with him on adventures. Aunt Mito got custody.
>>
>>144404300
>2011
There's your problem
>>
>>144405462
Not that guy, but I've argued similar concepts, so I'll play devils advocate while being largely ignorant of the series:

Why even write it into the story? It's not needed? Who cares if it's "needed" when it's only written to be needed?
>>
>>144425138

You might be onto something here.
>>
>>144423882
catgirls aren't inherently generic.
>>
>>144407228
At least you own up to it man, mad props. Everyone else would say some
dumb ass shit and argue.
>>
>>144425037
Well your analysis is spot on, you just came to the opposite conclusion. I guess you could think of it like a comment on powerlevels in battle shounen, it does explore the idea but in the end rejects it.
>>
>95% of this thread
>>
>>144426372
is this supposed to be a bad thing?
>>
>>144425758
Catgirls are the lays potato chips of anime girl; very common.
>>
>>144426660
he died laughing because of how retard it is, i giess
>>
>>144426752
But a generic character is an interchangeable character. A catgirl wouldn't be generic unless being a catgirl was the sole trait of her character.
>>
>>144424908

Kurapika is such an edgy shit in the anime ending. He doesn't care about Gon at all!
>>
>>144428092
He always had is own life and goals he was trying to accomplished, I don't see how kurapika putting himself before Gon's ( who did it to himself and had a billion niggas in his corner already) is edgy.
>>
>>144429320
But Gon's feelings are all that matters. Everyone should cater to Gon - especially the universe itself.
>>
>>144428092
Kurapika offered his help as soon as he hear about Gon you dumb speedreader
>>
>>144429497
What did he offer? Sending his god ugly girlfriend?
>>
>>144429497
Kurapika was 'unreachable' in the anime version for some reason.
>>
>>144429584
He wasn't picking up the phone but he didn't know about what happened to Gon. When Leorio finally reached him and told him he asked if he could do anything to help.
>>
I'm watching it right now.
>good character development
>story was good enough to get ripped off
>>
>>144429547
You shut your mouth. knave. Melody's beauty shines for within and soothes the soul with her flute.
>>
I gave up with this current arc (in the manga). It's incredibly poorly paced so far. I've just lost all interest and it's just repeating the same shit that every shonen does, introducing a bunch of new characters and dividing the focus between said characters very badly.
>>
File: Oh yes.jpg (115KB, 501x484px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
Oh yes.jpg
115KB, 501x484px
>>144429732
she can soothe my flute, if you know what I mean
>>
>>144429584
So Kurapika was there for Gon in the 1999 version?
>>
>>144429791
1999 only got up to greed island.
>>
>>144429735
Not got lie, first nine chapter of DC was flaming hot doo doo for me, (Hisoka vs Chrollo saved it with that trash ass fight) but I kinda wanna see the fall out if it means the kills are plentiful and divided evenly between protagonist and antagonist.
>>