[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Random Stupid Question

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

File: Koiwai.Yotsuba.full.1086626.jpg (352KB, 1280x960px) Image search: [Google]
Koiwai.Yotsuba.full.1086626.jpg
352KB, 1280x960px
Who do you hear when you read Manga in your head?

Is it the official Japanese/English VS or do you just think of a random VA from the top of your head?

For example.
Whenever I read Yotsuba I always hear Johnny Young Bosch and Jumbo play by Chris Santa doing his Kuwabara voice.

Again it's just a stupid randomquestion.
>>
All the male characters have Norio Wakamoto's voice.
>>
>>144385477
>Yotsuba
>not Morgan Freeman
>>
>>144385477
>you only here your own voice
>>
>>144385477
I'm past "hearing" dialog. Mentally vocalizing what you're reading makes you rather slow. You'll be a much faster reader if you train to bypass it.
>>
If I've seen then in animation and heard voices for them already, I just use the anime voice I've already heard.

If I haven't, I imagine a voice that feels fitting. Sometimes that imaginary voice might be a preexisting one I've heard before and sometimes I make up completely fake ones.
>>
>>144388425
Damn anon I wish I could be as cool and smart as you.
>>
File: 67f.jpg (40KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
67f.jpg
40KB, 640x480px
If I've ever head the particular character speak before, whether in an anime or anything else, I just picture that voice in my head. (But always speaking english, which is a little weird now that I think about it.)

If not, I guess my brain just defaults to whatever it thinks is an appropriate voice based on the character stereotype.
>>
>>144385477
I have brain problems or something and don't think in words unless i'm trying to speak
So ultimately silence.
>>
>>144388425
>speedreaders
>>
>>144388570
It's hardly useful for manga, but it makes a world of difference when you're studying or have to plow through documentation.
>>
>>144388425
Nigga I speedread like a motherfucker and I still can picture the voices, you just gotta internalize enough Japanese stereotypes so that you can't unhear them even if you want to.
>>
>>144388467
>But always speaking english, which is a little weird now that I think about it.
Whenever I catch myself doing that, I try to make the voices in my head speak Japanese. Usually it ends up sounding like gibberish.
>>
>>144385477
I can imitate the Jap VA's voice in English in my head if i heard them long enough. Like Gintama for example
>>
I usually hear Mel Gibson from mad max: road warrior as most of the characters.

sometimes it's Gandalf's voice.

I usually don't notice that I'm doing it, but when I do I feel really weird about it.
>>
>>144385477
I read everything with my own voice. How would you even be able to read with someone else's voice?
>>144388425
I've always been told that I read extremely fast and I subvocalize.
Reading speed is all about experience, not technique.
>>
For all the time I've spent reading I just don't do this. I've tried to force myself a couple of times and it was an unbearably slow read. I just read at pace I feel comfortable with stopping to look at the art in manga.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.