[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

the decline 2D animation

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

>random background/low resolution shots done in full cg

How long does anime in general have before it's completely dead?

I give it 5 years for mainstream late night anime.
>>
File: webm0033.webm (398KB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
webm0033.webm
398KB, 640x360px
>>
>'end of anime"
When Code Geass was airing, we all thought it was over. When Guilty Crown was airing, when Valrave was airing, when IS was airing, but did it end?
It only got stronger.
With Trigger you could say that this is the peak of the anime industry
>>
>>144276604
>With Trigger you could say that this is the peak of the anime industry
>Trigger

I cannot say that
>>
Old anime also had its share of shit series with low budget and QUALITY all over the place.
>>
>>144276604
It's slowly ending, because they're replacing more and more 2D animation with 3D. First it was cars. Then it was the mechas. Then just about anything mechanical was turned 3D. Then they changed large background crowds to 3D (this annoys me especially because they make unnatural wriggly movements). Then they changed closeups of background characters to 3D. And now they're changing even the main characters to 3D when they think the viewer won't notice. Just making parts of battle or dance scenes full CG also happens.

When will it end? It's like 2D is slowly being phased out.

Not to mention the success of some full CG anime titles.
>>
As much as CG has already improved, I wouldn't mind seeing it become the dominant form of animation by the early '20s. That Rewrite scene would look just like 2D if the speed was better, the flying whale in Flying Witch looked great, Love Live Sunshine's CG is much better than the originals', etc.
>>
>>144276906
>Love Live Sunshine's CG is much better than the originals', etc.
You're just getting used to it.
>>
>>144276860
They did that too keep up with the demand. Back in the cel animation era we didn't have nearly as many shows as we have today. But we still amazing looking shows every now and then.
>>
>>144276986
No, it's a marked improvement. Not where it needs to be yet, but it's better than it used to be.
>>
>>144276382
there's no such thing as mainstream late night anime.
>>
>>144277062
They clearly know how to do better, they just don't have the money to do everything like that. Did you see that Gantz:0 movie trailer? They can't copy bubuki buranki's style of overexaggerated faces and 2D looking scenes of 3D models to cover up the jerky animation.
>>
kyoani is still alive and they have an animation school, that's the kind of studio that will survive anime's death.
>>
>>144276604
>When Code Geass was airing, we all thought it was over
Not me. I was pretty content and optimistic about the industry.
>>
>Muh 2D animation

You know most anime and VN backgrounds are photographed and laced with computer effects, right?
>>
>>144279151
What's your point? We're talking about animation. Even back then backgrounds were just static paintings.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.