[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

All downhill after Golden Age?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3

File: 4.png (598KB, 1115x1600px) Image search: [Google]
4.png
598KB, 1115x1600px
Finished conviction and I feel like this is rehashing a lot of what happened in arc 1.

> Guts still acting cold to everyone
> It feels like half the panels are of him slashing fodder demons
> The characterization of the side characters feels especially meaningless. It's not like Guts is accepting nakama

Add in the fact I'm not even sure if I'm supposed to dislike Femto and I find myself asking what's the point. What's the primary draw of the series after Golden Age?
>>
File: Go home.jpg (202KB, 717x880px) Image search: [Google]
Go home.jpg
202KB, 717x880px
>>144072996
>>
that's funny, most people complain that guts mellowed out and started caring for his companions too much
and the battles with daiba, sea god don't feel like fodder to me but whatever
>>
File: 4895289-1456101122-the_s.jpg (233KB, 600x922px) Image search: [Google]
4895289-1456101122-the_s.jpg
233KB, 600x922px
>Add in the fact I'm not even sure if I'm supposed to dislike Femto

That's the point anon.
Personally i'm just reading it for the skull knight chapters since i'm fairly sure the ending will be rushed as fuck.
I don't see guts ever defeating the god hand in the next 20 years and even if he does it'll be an asspull.
>>
>>144072996
I like the loli
>>
>>144073293
the dragonslayer will probably get more powerful after it gets imbued with enough apostle blood
then it'll be able to hurt the godhand like skull knight's behelit sword
who knows, maybe the elf king will upgrade his equipment
>>
>>144073621
The reason the dragonslayer worked because the blood allowed it to work between layers just like the sword of actuation. Now the layers are fused they're not special anymore.
>>
Only the casca bullshit is downhill, everything else improves.
>>
>>144072996
Conviction was easily better than Golden Age.
>>
>>144072996
>Golden Age
A medieval war story featuring politics, betrayal, rivalries and all the character building that made everyone love the series.
>Black Swordsman and Conviction
Its Guts going around being an edgelord. It's full of brooding, angst, rejection of religion and screaming rage. This is every teenager's favourite part.
>Falcon of the Millenium Empire
Dungeons and Dragons is a pretty cool game lets give everyone enchanted gear or magic spells. This is where the series went from Dark fantasy to High Fantasy. Moments like Guts riding on Zodd just highlight how much the series jumped the shark in this arc.
>Fantasia
Miura losing all interest in the series throws the characters on a boat and doesn't know what to do with them. Featuring pirates, tentacles and more tentacles. If the lazy design and complete lack of imagination in this arc wasn't evidence that Miura would rather do something else the constant breaks where.
>>
>>144074629
>Black Swordsmen and Conviction are the same
0/10
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.